Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Stalgren posted:

I have seen it yes but I can't get it to work by just holding my hand cursor in position and waiting. Aaaaaah

You need to have 2 hearts in pokemon-amie.

Check hearts by trying to switch.
Get hearts by petting, playing mini games, feeding poffins (won from minigames) and doing that face game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Confetti
Feb 1, 2013
I finally hatched a shiny Froakie. It has loving Torrent. :negative:

Into the Wonder Trade Wheel you go :v:

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

Strange Quark posted:

All the EV reducing berries you can only get through mutations, i.e., growing certain berries right next to each other. Serebii has the combinations. The berries you'll need on hand are either stuff you find on the ground from routes or in battle trees you have to use something like Air Cutter or Twister to knock down.

How do the berries grow or whatever? Is it based on steps like getting/hatching an egg, or is it real time or something?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Berries grow in real time.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The new animation for Surf is awesome.

Even better is the sick pose that Greninja pulls off as he's using it. :getin:

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

Mr Confetti posted:

I finally hatched a shiny Froakie. It has loving Torrent. :negative:

Into the Wonder Trade Wheel you go :v:

You could almost certainly put it on GTS and get a legendary, but if you don't care about stocking up on those then I guess you might make somebody really happy.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

Bongo Bill posted:

Berries grow in real time.

Oof, thanks for letting me know. Good thing the reset bags I needed all dropped after all.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012
Are there any new moves or particularly good egg moves for a Walrein? I'm already using a Dewgon to get Aqua Ring and Signal Beam (because why not).

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!

Silver Falcon posted:

All right buddy. I just tried this, just for you. Got my Lucario up to 2 hearts happiness and just hovered the hand cursor right above his right hand (tap and hold). After a few seconds he swiped at the cursor, connected, and it made a slapping noise. And Lucario made a happy face.

I gave my Lucario a high five. :3:

Oh my! Does it have to be exactly two hearts? I have 5 on most of the pokemon I have tried it with.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

I'm a soulless bastard who hasn't played with Amie too much. It seems like your hearts go up really slowly. Is there a limit to how much it can increase in a day or do I just need to pet them a thousand times or what?

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Crosscontaminant posted:

No, the Destiny Knot increases the number of IVs passed down by both parents from 3 to 5, it doesn't guarantee which IVs will be passed down or which parent they're passed down from.

I had a heck of a time phrasing it, but this is what I meant.
You can essentially guarantee the offspring with the breeding stock. A lovely Speed with 31s everywhere else is ignored with that Power item on the 31 IV Speed, correct?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
It may just be that some 'Mons can't High Five. I've managed to high five my Mawile and Goomy so far.

A Pretentious Owl
Mar 31, 2011

EB: it is true, it is a fact from an alien.

Feranon posted:

I'm a soulless bastard who hasn't played with Amie too much. It seems like your hearts go up really slowly. Is there a limit to how much it can increase in a day or do I just need to pet them a thousand times or what?

They go up a little slow, but that's really just because they get full/tired of being pet pretty fast. If you pet them and get a music note instead of hearts, or if they refuse Puffs, then a trick is to play two rounds of Head It, the minigame where you bounce the balls of yarn, on Unlimited. This resets their Hunger and Affection stats, letting you pet/feed them more!

GambogeRanger
May 11, 2013

Meis posted:

Wasn't aware of that document! Good stuff. I have added you, and I'll be around past 8pm EST because despite that being 1am my time I am an unemployed night owl. Thanks a lot! You sure you don't want anything back? This means a lot to me, my Aggron has been acting depressed whenever she sees Blaziken in battle and I was starting to worry about her.

My FC is 4897-6907-7732. Trainer's name is Vivi

I'm restarting my game after gifting out version exclusive megastones, so I'd rather you gave me something you wouldn't miss. I might get back to you when I'm going after x-exclusives though.

Mr Confetti
Feb 1, 2013

Lhet posted:

You could almost certainly put it on GTS and get a legendary, but if you don't care about stocking up on those then I guess you might make somebody really happy.

Hm, totally forgot about that. Is it true only one legendary bird shows up? I ran into Moltres and if that's the case I think I'll put it up for one of the others. Maybe. :shrug:

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

GambogeRanger posted:

I'm restarting my game after gifting out version exclusive megastones, so I'd rather you gave me something you wouldn't miss. I might get back to you when I'm going after x-exclusives though.

Oh nice! Well I'll be happy to help!

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
I'm bored at work, so I thought it would be a nice time-killer to watch some battle videos on YouTube.

gently caress, must so many people commentate on their replays? I don't mind if you're having a wifi battle in realtime and you have to talk yourself into what you plan to do each turn, but it just seems superfluous when it's a replay and it goes through turns pretty quickly. And most of these guys take the Darksydephil approach to youtube narration; yes, user XxBalla_Charizard_Overlord420xX, I do see that Surf didn't knockout your Mega Blaziken. In fact I saw it 5 seconds ago. Yes, they aren't as cool as you.

As much as I miss doing searches for certain battles/pokemon via VS. Recorder (you can only do a code search, from what I saw), it's nice that the codes are upload to the PGL site.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mr Confetti posted:

Hm, totally forgot about that. Is it true only one legendary bird shows up? I ran into Moltres and if that's the case I think I'll put it up for one of the others. Maybe. :shrug:

The bird you get is based on your starter. You pick Froakie, you get Moltres.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Stalgren posted:

Oh my! Does it have to be exactly two hearts? I have 5 on most of the pokemon I have tried it with.

Extremely doubtful, as there's no way to lose hearts. My guess is it only works on Pokemon that have arms? Try it with a Lucario or something. See if you can get it to work.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Dammit, I want to be able to high five Electrode.

GambogeRanger
May 11, 2013

Meis posted:

Oh nice! Well I'll be happy to help!

All set. I'll be going around getting other stones but I'm online for the next hour.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
So I stopped using XP share since about the fifth gym, since it was so terribly easy, now I'm at the Elite Four and have a slightly over-leveled Aegislash (not so much that a Gyrados with Earthquake can't OHKO it) and everyone else is much to low. Doesn't help I've got redundancies in my team, like I was training a Blaziken and Charizard, and no grass or electrics.

Anywhere good to grind levels?

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

GambogeRanger posted:

All set. I'll be going around getting other stones but I'm online for the next hour.

Thank you so much! Been after this for days! Aggron says thanks too.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Classtoise posted:

Wait, if you use Destiny Knot and a Power item on the parents, aren't you guaranteed the perfect IVs?

Ninja Edit: Or at least, the IVs you wanted (so Mom with perfect Sp.Atk, Sp.Def, Speed, HP, and Defense and Destiny Knot; dad with Attack but not HP) and power item means you've only got to roll the dice on whether they get dads relatively unimpressive stats or moms perfect stats.

Nope!

Destiny knot makes you inherit five IVs. Power items guarantee that one of the five (or three w/o a knot) will be the indicated stat. So in your case, the child would have perfect attack, four of the other stats randomly from one parent or the other, and one stat generated randomly.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
It's hilarious the amount of 6 PERFECT IVS, HONEST! Dittos available on the GTS for the low, low price of your box legendary.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
I'm sorry if this has been asked a lot, I don't want to read throough too much of the thread at the risk of spoiling anything.

Is there a way to easily catch a Noibat besides using repels and running around hoping one falls on you? I'm looking for one in Terminus cave, and the falling Pokemon seem so rare. :saddowns:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

The bird you get is based on your starter. You pick Froakie, you get Moltres.

Grrr I want Zapdos. :argh:

BizarroAzrael posted:

So I stopped using XP share since about the fifth gym, since it was so terribly easy, now I'm at the Elite Four and have a slightly over-leveled Aegislash (not so much that a Gyrados with Earthquake can't OHKO it) and everyone else is much to low. Doesn't help I've got redundancies in my team, like I was training a Blaziken and Charizard, and no grass or electrics.

Anywhere good to grind levels?

Maybe just blast through them with your legendary so you can unlock the postgame areas?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
So, I synced my game up with the Global Link a while ago, but since then I've started a few new files. How should I go about setting Global Link up again?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Magypsy posted:

I'm sorry if this has been asked a lot, I don't want to read throough too much of the thread at the risk of spoiling anything.

Is there a way to easily catch a Noibat besides using repels and running around hoping one falls on you? I'm looking for one in Terminus cave, and the falling Pokemon seem so rare. :saddowns:

They appear in one out of three dragon friend safaris.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Magypsy posted:

Once you reach the post-game you can find level 30 ones in friend safaris. For falling encounters what you need to do is exit the room and then run back in to generate another one. It makes finding them a bit faster.

Edit: If you're looking for a Skarmony/Hydregion at Victory Road just fly to the Pokecenter at the Elite 4, surf back to that fancy dock, then run close to the two rock ledges on the left side while entering the cave to reset them once you've found one. You'll know when you're about to encounter one when you hear wings flapping and see a shadow

Desperate Character fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Oct 30, 2013

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)

Desperate Character posted:

Once you reach the post-game you can find level 30 ones in friend safaris. For falling encounters what you need to do is exit the room and run in once you've encountered one. It makes finding them a bit faster.

I just reached Terminus Cave, so I'm not at the post-game yet. I want a Noivern on my main team, so I'm trying to catch one before I go any further. Thanks a lot!

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

BearDrivingTruck posted:

So, I synced my game up with the Global Link a while ago, but since then I've started a few new files. How should I go about setting Global Link up again?
You can delete a linked game in the Global Link and then relink your new game. Go into Profile > Account Settings, then click "Remove this game" next to the one you want to remove.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
Has anyone figured out how much Tough Claws boosts contact moves yet? I want to know if Aerial Ace is worth it for Mega Aerodactyl.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

I am Reverend posted:

Has anyone figured out how much Tough Claws boosts contact moves yet? I want to know if Aerial Ace is worth it for Mega Aerodactyl.

Probably 30%, maybe 50%, either way Wing Attack is better.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

A Pretentious Owl posted:

They go up a little slow, but that's really just because they get full/tired of being pet pretty fast. If you pet them and get a music note instead of hearts, or if they refuse Puffs, then a trick is to play two rounds of Head It, the minigame where you bounce the balls of yarn, on Unlimited. This resets their Hunger and Affection stats, letting you pet/feed them more!

Ah, that's good to know. Time to get 5 hearts and have pokemon with unbreakable shounen spirit :kamina:

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Magypsy posted:

I just reached Terminus Cave, so I'm not at the post-game yet. I want a Noivern on my main team, so I'm trying to catch one before I go any further. Thanks a lot!

If you want a Safari Noibat I just caught a few I can give ya. If you're really close to the Elite 4 I could temporarily lend you my Level 64 Noivern if you want though. He's been my item thief and berry finder throughout the post-Elite 4 game and is just fantastic :3:

No
Sep 13, 2006

If a Hidden Ability pokemon with two normal abilities breeds with a Ditto, or a normal ability Pokemon of its own species, can the baby end up having any of the Pokemon's three abilities?

I'm trying to get Infiltrator on a Noibat using a Telepathy one I got from the friend safari but can only get Frisk & Telepathy babies it seems. Which is better, Telepathy or Infiltrator? Leaning towards the latter.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

No posted:

If a Hidden Ability pokemon with two normal abilities breeds with a Ditto, or a normal ability Pokemon of its own species, can the baby end up having any of the Pokemon's three abilities?

I'm trying to get Infiltrator on a Noibat using a Telepathy one I got from the friend safari but can only get Frisk & Telepathy babies it seems. Which is better, Telepathy or Infiltrator? Leaning towards the latter.

Infiltrator is much better as it ignores Substitutes, Reflect, Light Screen and Safeguard. Telepathy isn't that great as Boomburst can be ignored with a Ghost-type or Soundproof ability user on the side and Noivern doesn't have that many multiple-hit attacks

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Telepathy doesn't make it so the target ally avoids the attack, but rather allows the user of telepathy to not be hit by their attacks. A Noivern with telepathy will still blow up his allies with boomburst, but if they use a move like surf it wont hit him.

Infiltrator is probably better though, unless you happen to be designing a doubles team with a lot of powerful multitarget moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

So like I said, not my fault. Nobody can judge me for it.
But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.
Human teenager Rainbow Dash was hot!
Could someone recommend a set for MegaMawile.

• Locked thread