Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account

GlobalHero06 posted:

Let the record show that this is a great episode. The cut backs to the courtroom are drat funny. Also the amazing surprise ending to their story.

And to add a great small detail to this, Charlie is constantly organizing papers and shoving them in front of Dennis for the "defense". Initially, Dennis handwaves them away, but eventually get irritated enough to bark "Stop handing me papers!" at Charlie just before one of the later cuts away from the courtroom.

EDIT: Also, the cut back from Mac's letter.

(Mac proudly pantomimes bat swing as Dee finishes letter before realizing whole courtroom is laughing at him)
Mac: Well, if you read it out of context...
Dennis: There's no right context.

clockworx fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Oct 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

HelmetCheese posted:

My whoooooooooore wife. At least that's how I hear it when he drags the word out.

Barf Wight posted:

Definitely.

DID YOU BANG MY HOOOOR WIFE? Does anyone else have any illegitimate children with my HOOR wife?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC7hZY3sVxE

I wonder if Danny ever knew just how magical his delivery of that word is before the first few instances on Sunny. :allears:

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

E the Shaggy posted:

Speaking of favorite moments and the glory that will be this weeks episode, one of my all time favorite moments is when Dennis is beating up Frank in Lethal Weapon 5 and just mutters, "Lazarus!" under his breath.

Am I missing something, or wasn't that Frank's character's name? My favourite line from that episode was his delivery of 'suck an egg?!'

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

ShadyNasty posted:

Preview of this week's episode:

(SPOILERS, OBVIOUSLY)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202315067066870

Oh. My. God.

I love weddings... THEY'RE ALWAYS SUCH A BLAAAAAAAAST!

hahaha, wait...Didn't the guy Charlie is playing get his arms ripped off in Lethal Weapon 5?

Edit: I was wrong. He has his arm broken, then he falls out a window and is run over by a UPS truck.

Brocktoon fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Oct 29, 2013

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Went to a new food joint down the street last night; this is the closest i've rver come to seeing Milksteak served in an actual restaurant:

Sadly, they didn't have any jellybeans (raw, of course).

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I don't know what a salt-skinned baked potato is, but it sounds amazing.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Irish Joe posted:

I don't know what a salt-skinned baked potato is, but it sounds amazing.

It's a baked potato with the outside encrusted in salt, exactly as described. What else could it be?

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
I'm not seeing any fine jelly beans on that menu...

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Gonz posted:

Went to a new food joint down the street last night; this is the closest i've rver come to seeing Milksteak served in an actual restaurant:

Sadly, they didn't have any jellybeans (raw, of course).

You've never heard of a milk stout or at least a pork chop cooked in beer? The people I work with drink Left Hand Milk Stout all the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk_stout#Milk_stout

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

I quite liked this episode. It felt somewhat more plot-heavy than a lot of the other episodes, which made it a little stranger to watch, but I didn't think this detracted from my enjoyment of it. Though I haven't seen Charly, Flowers for Algernon is one of my favourite science fiction stories as it deals less with using technology as metaphor and more on a particular part of what it means to be human and the way it interacts with other internal forces.

I've felt the theme for this season has been about success, more so than the previous seasons due to the realization of dreams. Dee becomes famous, Country Mac being what Mac wants to be, the award episode, the robbery episode and now Charly becoming intelligent. Yet as it's a comedy, nothing good will ever happen. Comedy tends to accurately reflect the time in which they are made due to the nature of taboo being a measure of culture, we fear taboo. Being that this season is focusing on success more so than previous seasons is interesting due to the nature of the current economic climate. Viewing the entire series is interesting as it started on the cusp of a financial crisis and has been running alongside it. The episodes swing between interpersonal relationships and that of the world outside the bar, with the former being structured similar to classic family sitcoms of the 80s and the latter more critical of social faux pas and parodying the political, which could be argued as being more contemporary (partly due to the nature of technological advancement, comedies can now take place more easily outside of studios) and in doing so is further bound to comment on the culture of America in the early 21st century. It will be interesting to view the show in thirty or fifty years to see how it ages. The Marx Brothers, The Flintstones and The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air already say quite a lot about the time in which they were made, I like to think that if one could rigorously analyse contemporary comedy that they would get a deeper understanding about the spirit of the moment.

I also liked the bit where they huffed gasoline. Armitage Shanks. And the fake language.

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
Blackface is back!

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
There is a fantastic story about Kaitlin being injured during this episode, and going to the hospital, while Rob was still in Blackface.

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
From the trailer it looks like Mac and Dennis still can't decide who plays who, so they switch roles... again.... That was probably the funniest part of the original for me. That and just Dennis' full-on Aussie Mel Gibson in general.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

ShadyNasty posted:

Blackface is back!

And if I see what I think I see in the trailer, there will be twice as much than before!

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Ithaqua posted:

It's a baked potato with the outside encrusted in salt, exactly as described. What else could it be?

It's not encrusted...usually at least. Usually it's soaked in salty water for a while to make the skin/part of the inside salty. Just giving a potato a salty crust seems like a terrible idea Charlie/Frank would do to get their electrolyte levels up or something.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

ultramiraculous posted:

It's not encrusted...usually at least. Usually it's soaked in salty water for a while to make the skin/part of the inside salty. Just giving a potato a salty crust seems like a terrible idea Charlie/Frank would do to get their electrolyte levels up or something.

What? No, it's literally a thing. A very tasty, very popular thing. It's salt and oil and it crisps the gently caress out of the skin, and adds delicious flavorings.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Turns out someone just died from the tainted tap water?

I am literally so pumped for the next episode.

Beardless Riker
Apr 14, 2005

nuncle jimbo posted:

So was it supposed to be obvious that the piercing noise in Charlie's ears was Dee's rat disruptor thing (he's King of the Rats, after all) and everyone already knew this, or am I insane?

But wasn't that device at the bar and Charlie wasn't in the bar for most of the episode?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Drifter posted:

What? No, it's literally a thing. A very tasty, very popular thing. It's salt and oil and it crisps the gently caress out of the skin, and adds delicious flavorings.

I assume you brush all the salt off after cooking?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Senor Tron posted:

It's like fried chicken, you just eat the skin.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Senor Tron posted:

This is America, son!

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013

Gordon Ramsay just gastropubbed in his pants reading that menu. I can just see him so excited exclaiming to the owners "you aren't serving baked potatoes, you are serving salt skinned potatoes!" (This is the UK Kitchen Nightmare Ramsay, not Hell's Kitchen.)

The longer I look at that menu the more it bothers me. Decided to capitalize Salmon, but not Cod. I don't know what a white marble farm is, but I am guessing they do more quarrying than pork raising, unless they meant a proper name and somewhere local. They point out that the pork gets the Left Hand Milk Stout treatment, but the fish gets "fresh Alaskan cod beer batter" which sounds a bit fishy, chunky, and not right for a batter.

I know, every restaurant these days feels the need to make everything local, gourmet, and 5 descriptions too long, but at least keep it consistent. (I will defend the salt skinned potato choice. Those things are good.)

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

JD Bucks 7 posted:

Gordon Ramsay just gastropubbed in his pants reading that menu. I can just see him so excited exclaiming to the owners "you aren't serving baked potatoes, you are serving salt skinned potatoes!" (This is the UK Kitchen Nightmare Ramsay, not Hell's Kitchen.)

The longer I look at that menu the more it bothers me. Decided to capitalize Salmon, but not Cod. I don't know what a white marble farm is, but I am guessing they do more quarrying than pork raising, unless they meant a proper name and somewhere local. They point out that the pork gets the Left Hand Milk Stout treatment, but the fish gets "fresh Alaskan cod beer batter" which sounds a bit fishy, chunky, and not right for a batter.

Take a gander at the full menu on their poorly designed website.

http://www.tukeessportsgrille.com/menu/

All I ended up getting was hot wings, but I feel like I owe it to myself to go back and try the Milksteak with the sodium bomb potato.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Gonz posted:

Take a gander at the full menu on their poorly designed website.

http://www.tukeessportsgrille.com/menu/

Craft Greens :lol:

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME

?

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013
It's spelled 'Kraft'...and it is delicious. :colbert:

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

I'm going to waste a steak marinating it in milk someday. All because of this show. I know it.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I'm going to have to use the World Series Defense to explain why I won't be able to watch Lethal Weapon 6 with you jabronis this evening.

Gotta watch the Red Sox GO AMERICA ALL OVER EVERYBODY'S rear end and take down those St.Louis Bozos...hopefully, the Sox don't get jammed up.

(...that last Mac-ism actually fits for baseball...maybe that's where Mac got it from? Being such a big Chase Utley fan?)

Wish I didn't have to work tomorrow so I could mix up some Riot Punch.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
I watched that last night and completely forgot about Mac's love letter.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

DrBouvenstein posted:

I'm going to have to use the World Series Defense to explain why I won't be able to watch Lethal Weapon 6 with you jabronis this evening.

Gotta watch the Red Sox GO AMERICA ALL OVER EVERYBODY'S rear end and take down those St.Louis Bozos...hopefully, the Sox don't get jammed up.

(...that last Mac-ism actually fits for baseball...maybe that's where Mac got it from? Being such a big Chase Utley fan?)

Wish I didn't have to work tomorrow so I could mix up some Riot Punch.
I hope you worked on your core bro, so far all I'm seeing is upper strength

e:

Harry posted:

I watched that last night and completely forgot about Mac's love letter.
"I am sure our relationship would be a real homerun..."

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 30, 2013

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

El Murguista posted:

I'm going to waste a steak marinating it in milk someday. All because of this show. I know it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3548777&perpage=40&pagenumber=7#post420125229

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME

I'm quite disappointed it wasn't grosser. I got the feeling that Milksteak was a steak literally simmered in milk, though, so maybe I'll give that a try someday... :barf:

Has anyone tried the Grilled Charlie?
http://itsalwayssunny.wikia.com/wiki/Grilled_Charlie_Sandwich

Nelson Mandela fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 30, 2013

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

He didn't boil it over hard?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Zsinjeh posted:

I hope you worked on your core bro, so far all I'm seeing is upper strength

e:

"I am sure our relationship would be a real homerun..."

What is this poo poo? Where is the laughing bailiff?

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account

Frostwerks posted:

What is this poo poo? Where is the laughing bailiff?

He was struck from the record.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
The line that always makes me laugh the hardest is when Charlie slides down the giant pile of garbage with a scimitar he found. "You could chop a camel right in the hump and drink all of its milk off the tip of this!"

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Diabolik900 posted:

He didn't boil it over hard?

Too busy working in the pussy mines.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Oh god, Mac's blackface and Dennis' fake aussie accent Great start already.

Followed by a wedding sax solo.

And a bearded Artemis. This is everything I wanted Lethal Weapon 5 to be.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Cutting Dee in the middle of the scene is one of my new favorite moments of the show.