Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Another Person posted:

What was the song that played at the end of the latest ep? There is no information on it on the RSS like usual, and googling random lines gets nothing. At all.

Here's the closest I could get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN2-hsaH8NY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Is it just me or has Seth gained a lot of weight?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGdG186BycA

edit: Where can I find the WTF interview of Seth and Jah

MOVIE MAJICK fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Oct 30, 2013

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Sistergodiva posted:

Seth strikes me as someone who likes to be in control, since he is kinda neurotic. I'm sure his alcohol addiction could have been major, but I think the whole "no-drugs at all" this seems more like a life choice than him having serious problems with anything but alcohol.

but basically, Seth moved to Hollywood to become an actor, got a few roles, got a few commercials, started drinking, hosed around, got sober and is now working as a ?. Am I right?

Lil Jon Galt posted:

He sells medical marijuana

Yeah, he actually admitted to it in the Marc Maron interview.

RobTG
Sep 11, 2001

by T. Finninho

Tony Montana posted:

Whoa. That's real? Seth being very uncool :(

Is/was Seth a meth-head? That's what it looks like there.

IT'S A JOKE

ALSO IN EPISODE ONE HUNDRED AND TWO JAH SAYS THAT THEY SHOULD BRING BACK ARSENIO.

A FEW EPISODES AGO HE WAS RIPPING ON ARSENIO'S NEW SHOW.

JAH MAKE UP YOUR MIND.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
That video was a joke, he does that same shtick almost every week, just not in front of a camera, so maybe that's why it's confusing? He used the same voice when he was complaining about Sly being crass. That said, numerous times, he did admit that he also abused a bunch of substances including cocaine.

He told the story somewhere that he woke up one morning after getting drunk and yelling at his mom when she was visiting for the holidays and feeling like he was going to die if he didn't stop. So he did. That was also when he started eating vegetarian.

dvorak fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Oct 30, 2013

regular mike
Mar 29, 2010

Another Person posted:

Yeah, he actually admitted to it in the Marc Maron interview.

He has a strain named after him called "Seth's Sexy Sativa"

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp
about the funny or die video:

I really don't understand how someone can watch that and not see what's in his eyes. I showed my friend who I'm going to the show with this weekend and he agrees; there's something in his eyes that lets you know he's for loving dead serious real. I'd love to think that it's Seth being an awesome actor in 2000 by nailing how a crazy tweaker trying to get parts in commercials and movies would react to X scenario, but what's in his eyes isn't acting that's like.... straight 'touch this and engulf in flames' locified.

e: and to be honest, if I was being paid to sit there for hours and watch countless people go through and do the same line for a commercial and someone started letting loose, I'd give them a couple minutes for some free entertainment at my disposal. I know the way it's edited makes it seem very staged, but I just cannot see that what's in his eyes is acting.

roach cum puddle fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Oct 30, 2013

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

roach cum puddle posted:

I really don't understand how someone can watch that and not see what's in his eyes.

Pretty much, dude. That was legit scary. But, as you all pretty much know these guys better than I do, I'm going to have to defer to the broscience.

WYA posted:

Is it just me or has Seth gained a lot of weight?

gently caress yeah, he has. I noticed it when I went to their site and there is this image

You compare that to the videos in the OP.

Now a lot of time has passed, Seth said he was born in 76 which means he's approaching 40. Your teenage/youth metabolism has properly stopped firing by then (only a few scant years away for me too :aaa:), so unless you workout and generally be a bit of an adult about the whole thing, you'll chub out like a mofo. I always took Jah to be soft and pudgey, putting consistent effort into something hard is so capitalist/corporate, man.

SaxMaverick
Jun 9, 2005

The stuff of nightmares

Tony Montana posted:

Pretty much, dude. That was legit scary. But, as you all pretty much know these guys better than I do, I'm going to have to defer to the broscience.

gently caress yeah, he has. I noticed it when I went to their site and there is this image

You compare that to the videos in the OP.

Now a lot of time has passed, Seth said he was born in 76 which means he's approaching 40. Your teenage/youth metabolism has properly stopped firing by then (only a few scant years away for me too :aaa:), so unless you workout and generally be a bit of an adult about the whole thing, you'll chub out like a mofo. I always took Jah to be soft and pudgey, putting consistent effort into something hard is so capitalist/corporate, man.

He is 40, because not too long ago he talked about how lovely it was that his 93 Sundance is exactly half his age

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

roach cum puddle posted:

about the funny or die video:

I really don't understand how someone can watch that and not see what's in his eyes. I showed my friend who I'm going to the show with this weekend and he agrees; there's something in his eyes that lets you know he's for loving dead serious real. I'd love to think that it's Seth being an awesome actor in 2000 by nailing how a crazy tweaker trying to get parts in commercials and movies would react to X scenario, but what's in his eyes isn't acting that's like.... straight 'touch this and engulf in flames' locified.

e: and to be honest, if I was being paid to sit there for hours and watch countless people go through and do the same line for a commercial and someone started letting loose, I'd give them a couple minutes for some free entertainment at my disposal. I know the way it's edited makes it seem very staged, but I just cannot see that what's in his eyes is acting.

It's staged, you lunatic

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
His EYES.

So he's 40 already, Seth you lying son of a bitch.

Marketed Gum
Jun 26, 2007

I've listened to every episode of this goddamn show. The Seth video is a fun bit you fools, nothing more.

Also, Seth's face filling out only serves to make him look more and more like the elder John Larroquette.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

It's staged, you lunatic

It's impossible to make a joke that somebody doesn't take it seriously, no matter how obvious, nor how savvy an audience you think you have.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

WoG posted:

It's impossible to make a joke that somebody doesn't take it seriously, no matter how obvious, nor how savvy an audience you think you have.

It's almost as if he is acting, based on real feelings of being a struggling actor in LA. Nah he was probs mad.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

CortezFantastic posted:

It's almost as if he is acting, based on real feelings of being a struggling actor in LA. Nah he was probs mad.

Naw, they were homies. Family friends. I'm sure he's OK. Junction!

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I look forward to Seth's take on Jah Sr.'s casting in the upcoming JJ Abrams robot poo poo.

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW

Cervixalot posted:

Naw, they were homies. Family friends. I'm sure he's OK. Junction!

I just had to dip into this McDonald's, cause I was like...hosed. Up....

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Because I'm not american there are sometimes cultaral references and things I don't get in UYD and so I have a question about an episode I heard some time ago where Seth talked about Russell Brand and Katy Perry. I think the gist of it was that Russell Brand shouldn't be boasting all over the place about boning down on Katy Perry and that poo poo is wack. I was under the impression that Katy Perry is wealthy and attractive whereas Russell Brand is a mentally ill drug addict who wanks off strangers in toilets and looks like a one headed zaphod beeblebrox from the BBC HHGTTG tv series. So can someone explain that to me?

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I think it's that at the time they saw Russell Brand as an up and comer in America and Katy Perry as a flash in the pan with one song about kissing a girl. They just backed the wrong horse on that one.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Yeah, nobody expected Katy Perry to have a career. I remember reading an entry on one of those blind item Hollywood gossip blogs years ago where even the snarky tabloid community scoffed at the idea of her having any kind of staying power.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

We call Seth a lot and like, just talk to him or whatever. Just ask him if it's real or not next time you call.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

dvorak posted:

We call Seth a lot and like, just talk to him or whatever. Just ask him if it's real or not next time you call.

Last time I talked to him was the time it came out last year. He said it was a bit they recorded a while back.

Also I think the Russel Brand poo poo had more to do with how douchey his tweets were.

CortezFantastic fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Oct 31, 2013

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Jeff Gerstmann (of the Giant Bombcast) dropped a "TWIIIIIIIIINS" in their latest episode and now I'm praying that he's a UYD listener too. Probably not but let me dream dammit.

Also my GF was listening to Katy Perry the other day and I couldn't for the life of me remember what her first hit was, thanks UYD/UYD thread for being clutch once again.

E: Jeff I know you have an account here, and you should really listen to Uhh Yeah Dude.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Oct 31, 2013

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot

C-Euro posted:

Jeff Gerstmann (of the Giant Bombcast) dropped a "TWIIIIIIIIINS" in their latest episode and now I'm praying that he's a UYD listener too. Probably not but let me dream dammit.

On their most recent panel he and the rest of the gang were asked if they listen to other podcasts and unfortunately there was no mention of the uhh yeah dog.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Isn't that whole TWIIIINS thing just a riff on a Budweiser commercial or something? I coulda sworn the Sklar brothers have a stand-up bit about it too.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Katy loving Perry - the bros just underestimated how utterly poo poo pop music would become, and how retarded the next generation of teeny-boppers would be. You can't blame em for that; that's no moon.

Moose Milkie
Sep 6, 2007

:cthulhu::respek::ghost:
COME ON GET INVOLVED
THERE'S A MOOSETERY TO SOLVE
HANG AROUND WITH MOOSE MILKIE

ROVER HERE!!!!!

Binowru posted:

Isn't that whole TWIIIINS thing just a riff on a Budweiser commercial or something? I coulda sworn the Sklar brothers have a stand-up bit about it too.

Naw, it was the Bible Brew skit on Wonder Showzen. The only link for it I can find for the video is on ebaum's world so...

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

RustyTrombone posted:

On their most recent panel he and the rest of the gang were asked if they listen to other podcasts and unfortunately there was no mention of the uhh yeah dog.

I actually asked him a while ago if he listened to UYD (because it sounded like he made a reference on a bombcast) and he said no, dawg.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Moose Milkie posted:

Naw, it was the Bible Brew skit on Wonder Showzen. The only link for it I can find for the video is on ebaum's world so...

Ok, probably a case of parallel thinking, then, because I found this... thing. (possibly NSFW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfl6jBisnmM

CherryDoom
Jul 5, 2005

SIGH
Just left my first and incredibly awkward message letting them know how stoked I was for Dallas. My plan is to drive up in the morning, go to the science museum, then go take a nap in my hotel room. And then go to the show. And then leave right afterwards because I'm going by myself and will feel far too weird to talk to anyone.

Anyone know how heavily attended their live shows are? Or how early I should get there? Do they start on time? Or are there unannounced opening acts like in most of the comedy shows I see?

Moose Milkie
Sep 6, 2007

:cthulhu::respek::ghost:
COME ON GET INVOLVED
THERE'S A MOOSETERY TO SOLVE
HANG AROUND WITH MOOSE MILKIE

ROVER HERE!!!!!

Binowru posted:

Ok, probably a case of parallel thinking, then, because I found this... thing. (possibly NSFW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfl6jBisnmM

Oh poo poo, it may be that video. That's terrible in all the right ways.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

CherryDoom posted:

Anyone know how heavily attended their live shows are? Or how early I should get there? Do they start on time? Or are there unannounced opening acts like in most of the comedy shows I see?

This is their first show that's not on one of the coasts (edit: ok except for Denver I guess), so there's really no telling how many people will be there. Hopefully it'll be full. Probably safest to assume it starts on time, most likely no opening act. And if you're taking a nap FOR GODSAKE SET AN ALARM. I've definitely missed out on poo poo when I only meant to "rest my eyes" for a few minutes.

Binowru fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 31, 2013

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

I also listen to the Giant Bombcast and when I heard that TWIIIIIIINS get dropped, I was pretty sure it was from UYD. I mean it even sounded like an impression of Seth or Jonathan doing it. Same emphasis and everything.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

dvorak posted:

I also listen to the Giant Bombcast and when I heard that TWIIIIIIINS get dropped, I was pretty sure it was from UYD. I mean it even sounded like an impression of Seth or Jonathan doing it. Same emphasis and everything.

Jeff said on his Tumblr that he doesn't know what UYD is. He got it from the commercial.

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

Binowru posted:

This is their first show that's not on one of the coasts, so there's really no telling how many people will be there. Hopefully it'll be full. Probably safest to assume it starts on time, most likely no opening act. And if you're taking a nap FOR GODSAKE SET AN ALARM. I've definitely missed out on poo poo when I only meant to "rest my eyes" for a few minutes.

Ah, yes, Denver: the sealevel city of beaches. But yeah, no opener, starting about when they say they will, maybe a little (like 5 minutes) late.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
I missed a phone call from Seth because my loving phone was on silent 6 inches away from me. I don't know if it would be weird or awkward to call him back? I had a full blown panny listening to his message tho.

edit: called back, got his answering machine. Aww :(

BIG CITY LAWYER fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Nov 1, 2013

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Seeing them tomorrow. Anyone who has seen them live, are they cool with taking pics with fans?

CherryDoom
Jul 5, 2005

SIGH
Seth called me back to tell me to be careful on my drive up. I told him about the time I took a ride from a trucker. It was awesome. The phone call, not the ride.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
Show notes for 394 are up on the site but it isn't on the feed yet. Teases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

IS A MAN NOT ENTITLED TO THE SWEAT DROP DOWN MY BALLS?
It wasn't in my podcasts app but its up on stitcher. Another really good episode. Bait Tortillas