Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Regy Rusty posted:

So what do you think, will they actually manage to finish it before Homestuck ends? Maybe before the game comes out?

Before the heat death of the universe?

Hopefully before the Internet implodes when the Gigapause ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Pyroi posted:

Hopefully before the Internet implodes when the Gigapause ends.

We thought it was a gigapause.. but it was only the calm, before the GIGAPULSE.

Queue disjointed shots of Nicolas Cage running from/reacting to a neverending cascade of exploding server farms.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Tunicate posted:

From what I understand, progress was effectively a flat line until a professional animator barged in and took the reins by force. Now things are moving.

Oh thank god for that. I thought it was going to end up being Dunning-Kruger: The Animation.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Papers Everywhere does homestuck fanart, but what she's really infamous for is making stuff like This. Click the music play button and start scrolling, I guess. This one is really, really good. I don't even know what this particular kind of fanart is called, does anybody know?

Couple other things she's done:

^Click here for sketches of that whole sequence^

paperseverywhere.tumblr.com

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Oct 25, 2013

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
It's October 25, everyone, and we don't have a thread yet. Zoolooman has been sort of quiet in all this. I can work on an OP, but I don't want to step on any toes.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I figure so long as it's a good OP that clearly states the intent of the March To The End as I like to call it, it doesn't really matter who makes the thread. Just who makes it first. Just keep in mind all of the information to keep, all that fun stuff.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3576756

New thread posted.

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.

Tollymain posted:

Papers Everywhere does homestuck fanart, but what she's really infamous for is making stuff like This. Click the music play button and start scrolling, I guess. This one is really, really good. I don't even know what this particular kind of fanart is called, does anybody know?

These are generally called Lyricstuck. Here's a really good one.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I finally got around to reading And It Don't Stop today, and man, i kind of wish Hussie had used this art style for Homestuck. Though i guess that'd make it harder to pump out so much of it.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

edit: nevermind!

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Oct 26, 2013

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
The thrilling conclusion is here already, guys.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

I hope there's no twist ending! :ohdear:

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Cabbit posted:

I hope there's no twist ending! :ohdear:

Are you being sarcastic, or did you really not click the link to the next comic?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Two counterparts, united in a common purpose, but that's a lie twice over. They're not united, as one inspector turned on the other by making GBS threads in his pipe; and the purpose is moot, because it was never a mystery to begin with.

"lovely twist" is a very significant phrase.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

frozentreasure posted:

Are you being sarcastic, or did you really not click the link to the next comic?

I'm being sarcastic, yes.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Cabbit posted:

I'm being sarcastic, yes.

What a twist!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Wait did all 3 new pages just go up? The last I saw was the first Sweet Holmes and Hella Wastone, but then there was another one right before the one you linked:

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/sweetbroandhellajeff/?cid=046.jpg

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Oh poo poo I did NOT see that coming!

haha tha loving face :sbahj:

Regy Rusty posted:

Wait did all 3 new pages just go up? The last I saw was the first Sweet Holmes and Hella Wastone, but then there was another one right before the one you linked:

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/sweetbroandhellajeff/?cid=046.jpg

Nope, that one was posted a bit ago.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
I'm pretty sure "I say, butthole" went up a few days ago.

Someone on twitter pointed out that "lookind" sounds like a strife specibus for fighting with a toilet. The layers go deep, people.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
The page Regy Rusty linked to went up at least 3 weeks ago, as evidenced by this masterful readthrough put up on the 6th:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni3ZplWwaTM

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I don't know how seriously to take Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff (which is of course, the joke), but we don't have a whole lot more to chew on right now, so I am going to look at it as serious foreshadowing.

This is a "lovely twist", something that is the patented method of Caliborn. And defecating as a means of revenge is something that the stunted Caliborn would do. And in the beginning we see Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff looking identical except for their color schemes, again like Caliborn and Calliope.

So if our twist is that the whole thing was seen all along...maybe this is a sign that Calliope knew what Caliborn was going to do, and probably prepared for it?

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Yeah… Might be time to close the thread.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

I dunno, it's stayed pretty civil and there's still ancillary stuff to discuss.

Spamantha
Oct 11, 2006

(tURN ON SOME STRICT BEATS MAYBE, iT WILL HELP TO LISTEN TO THEM WHILE i DESTROY YOU,)
Like this!

Discombobulator posted:

While I wait for that, my goodness I would be so grateful if you or anybody could repost/requote the text. I must have missed that.

Indiana Jones Rocktopus posted:

Dorroile I am so happy you posted that, because I'd completely given up hope on using this anywhere:

MY FAN FICTIONS posted:

GREATEST RAP BATTLES OF HISTORY: Strider vs. Smuckles

"whos this half-shaved bunny who got sort of stoned
youre from history, whiskers, and your getting dethroned
see pbs called me the internet’s Ulysses
i drop page views and flames too on lame dudes who dis me
you call it achewood, make cookbooks like you bake good
but your wood aches cause you got no rear end or cash, just fake food
get out the pet door before I stomp on your tail
even if I’m home stuck – you’re the great outdoor fail"

"Who’s this anime Steve McQueen in bright red pajamas?
I’d beat you harder, boy, but I was distracted by your momma’s
choice rear end, so maybe you can hook up a fella?
Invite her for some crispy Stellas, see if anything develops?
See my fans like sophistication, that ages like wine:
best strip of the decade, greatest rhymes of all Time!
Your fans run to mommy with grey body paint,
givin’ them diaper rash - because it’s up in their taint!"

"uHHH, i'M tAVROS nITRAM, aND i’M HERE TO SAY,
wE PUBLISH, oN AVERAGE, fOUR PAGES A DAY,
yOU HAVE ONE HOT STRIP, eVERY TEN MONTHS, aVERAGE
iN TERMS OF CONSISTENCY, yOUR PRODUCTIVITY, iS DISASTROUS"

"i stop time, and drop rhymes across the star field
if i wanted to know what a cat eats id read garfield
i make two and a half mil in one month on kickstarter
id slip some singles to onstad, but he needs to strip harder"

"It’s not hard to get money from webcomic fans,
Even if your face looks like it’s written in Comic Sans!
Sorry if you can’t appreciate a modern masterpiece,
From the depths of the Volvo of Despair it’s Roast Beef:"

"So I got depression and I have visited hell
But dang your comic is basically both combined in html
This is a source of comfort to me when I’m all weepin’ on the floor
Even though I hate myself but I still hate you more"

EDIT: I wrote that a while back on a lark, but it's not something I could use on my blog or whatever, because the venn diagram between my audience, Achewood readers and Homestuck fans is infinitesimal. So thank you for giving me an excuse to share it.
...I'll show myself out now.

And speaking of Achewood/Homestuck crossovers, here is an incredibly lovely thing I drew not long after this was originally posted:

Spamantha fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Oct 30, 2013

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Dorroile posted:

I finally got around to reading And It Don't Stop today, and man, i kind of wish Hussie had used this art style for Homestuck. Though i guess that'd make it harder to pump out so much of it.

And I miss the sprite style: saving the more dynamic panels for much more impact.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Volume three turned up in the mail today.

Hussie's author notes posted:

Bro operates Cal while moving so fast, you can't see him. It's suggested that this is a pretty common battle routine for the Strider brothers, an extreme training regimen to prepare Dave for battle. It's almost as if Bro is training him to face last boss. Or it would be if last boss had the slightest thing to do with this creepy puppet, which of course is preposterous.

I do like the author notes. The ones on the pages focusing on Jack, especially.

EDIT: Hold the phone, retcon arm ahoy! So he's doing the new versions of all the panels now, I guess?

frozentreasure fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Oct 31, 2013

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

For all the weirdness in this comic, the one thing that actually throws me is how Hussie calls it "last boss" and not, like, "the final boss", which is what I and my friends would have called it.

Here's some of the Hussie commentary I liked:

Andrew Hussie posted:

It never comes close to being explicated in the story, but it is strongly implied [the Skaianet Labs near Rose’s house] is where Rose’s mom grew up. Though after the introduction of Roxy, and another reread, this probably becomes more obvious. Who raised her? Was it the owner of Skaianet, a younger grandpa Harley? Did he outsource parenting duties to someone else in the lab? Maybe some exiles? If so, she had an upbringing fairly similar to that of Roxy in the future. These mysteries have LEGS.

Andrew Hussie posted:

[Talking about Gushers flavors] MIXED BERRY SOCIAL ANXIETY DISORDER was discontinued as a flavor. But only because the Condesce ran out of that kind of troll blood.

Andrew Hussie posted:

Did you know that when you irradiate meat, it turns bright green? Dr. Seuss knew that, and made one of his stories entirely revolve around the principle. The character Sam was a zealous advocate of the poisonous food products, and though his victim resisted valiantly, he eventually caved. The result was a tragedy.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Oct 31, 2013

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Bobulus posted:

For all the weirdness in this comic, the one thing that actually throws me is how Hussie calls it "last boss" and not, like, "the final boss", which is what I and my friends would have called it.

quote:

Andrew Hussie posted:

Did you know that when you irradiate meat, it turns bright green? Dr. Seuss knew that, and made one of his stories entirely revolve around the principle. The character Sam was a zealous advocate of the poisonous food products, and though his victim resisted valiantly, he eventually caved. The result was a tragedy

Hang on... is this evidence that Hussie foresaw the American government shutdown?

Indie Rocktopus
Feb 20, 2012

In the aeroplane
over the sea

Spamantha posted:

And speaking of Achewood/Homestuck crossovers, here is an incredibly lovely thing I drew not long after this was originally posted:

BELA LUGOSI'S DEAD. (That's great, the only thing that would make this better if the codpiece was a Lil' Cal skull. Or a smuppet skull.)

Bobulus posted:

Andrew Hussie posted:

[Talking about Gushers flavors] MIXED BERRY SOCIAL ANXIETY DISORDER was discontinued as a flavor. But only because the Condesce ran out of that kind of troll blood.

That's fantastic. Of course it's troll blood. At some point I need to pick up those drat softcovers.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Ughhhhh, the commentary sounds goddamn amazing, but I just can't justify dropping sixty bucks on books of a free webcomic just for reading Hussie's thought processes and extra jokes.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It'll be worth it to have a hard copy of the comic when the final flash comes out and causes the entire internet to irrevocably collapse.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's a couple arts from fanartists I just found a short while back. Click both for huge.

neungson.tumblr.com

kitskittle.tumblr.com

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
No joke, I looked at that second image and thought, Oh, Lord English needs to be in this. Then when I looked again at the top I thought "Oh he's already there."

Then I hated myself.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Dirk is really lookin' like an anime there

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

JT Jag posted:

Dirk is really lookin' like an anime there

Dirk IS an anime though.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah that artist's stuff is pretty anime in general.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If you see Dirk and your thought isn't "Anime" something is wrong.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Burkion posted:

If you see Dirk and your thought isn't "Anime" something is wrong.
I saw Dirk and I had two very conflicting thoughts. 1: Who the gently caress is that? 2: What is Cloud Strife doing in this?

cloudy music
Aug 23, 2008
Needs more Gamzee. And maybe Jack Noir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE2qrurqDUo