Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Endless Mike posted:

I want to hear the Green Day song.

Here you go. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbUL88O5V4g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

prefect posted:

That would have been the perfect opportunity for one of those cardboard 45s that you'd occasionally get in Mad magazine.

I got the cardboard ones off the back of cereal boxes. Magazines usually had flexis in them.

The thought of cutting a record off of a cereal box must sound incredibly primitive to younger folks.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Dick Trauma posted:

I got the cardboard ones off the back of cereal boxes. Magazines usually had flexis in them.

The thought of cutting a record off of a cereal box physical media must sound incredibly primitive to younger folks.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Naw man lots of younger people are all over vinyl. Granted they do tend to be of the fussily trimmed beard and tight pant persuasion.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Phy posted:

Naw man lots of younger people are all over vinyl. Granted they do tend to be of the fussily trimmed beard and tight pant persuasion.

Like Matt Fraction?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Phy posted:

I just recently got a flexi disc from an album I backed on Kickstarter. I have no idea how to listen to it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Man I am old enough to remember records, but did they seriously have records made of cardboard? Like, that you could play?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

From Deadpool Kills Deadpool #4. The evil Deadpool (not to be confused with Evil Deadpool, who is also in this comic) has been trying to wipe out the multiverse because of comic book status quo, but regular Deadpool has shown him the light. Deadpool uses great wisdom by talking about 1980's pro wrestling.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Why does he have a boob window?

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Cassa posted:

Deadpool is equal-opportunity cheesecake. This is canon.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Cassa posted:

I'm trying to think of a good reason why not, frankly.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Cassa posted:

Real answer: he got stabbed in the chest and it's already healed up.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

With what, an I-bar?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Wait, I was wrong. He's had that hole since at least the beginning of Deadpool Killustrated.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Gavok posted:

Real answer: he got stabbed in the chest and it's already healed up.

Aw man, I was hoping it was like a riff on Superboy Prime. Because the hole kinda looks like the shape of the Superman symbol. I dunno!

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Gavok posted:

From Deadpool Kills Deadpool #4. The evil Deadpool (not to be confused with Evil Deadpool, who is also in this comic) has been trying to wipe out the multiverse because of comic book status quo, but regular Deadpool has shown him the light. Deadpool uses great wisdom by talking about 1980's pro wrestling.

Sadly, the only man in the Marvel universe with a mustache to match Magnum TA would bee General Ross.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

404GoonNotFound posted:

Sadly, the only man in the Marvel universe with a mustache to match Magnum TA would bee General Ross.

Hulk crash?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

kerrycallen.blogspot.com

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Maybe next he will do one to explain why Batman doesn't sit.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Well, he was fighting Bane this one time...

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
I can never get enough of that old "Flash photography" pun.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Simpsons Comics #39

Homer and Comic Book Guy have been arrested on charges of public obscenity after Homer bungled helping Bart with a history project by relying on comics he found in the Android's Dungeon "adults-only" section. The opening statement for the defence:

Later on, Bart persuades the judge that Homer and CBG aren't being judged by a jury of their peers, so it's replaced with an all-nerd jury that finds them innocent, but:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Oh christ I understood every single one of those references. :negative:

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Metal Loaf posted:

Simpsons Comics #39

Homer and Comic Book Guy have been arrested on charges of public obscenity after Homer bungled helping Bart with a history project by relying on comics he found in the Android's Dungeon "adults-only" section. The opening statement for the defence:

Later on, Bart persuades the judge that Homer and CBG aren't being judged by a jury of their peers, so it's replaced with an all-nerd jury that finds them innocent, but:

As a lawyer and a comic fan, I object to Comic Book Guy's speech on so many levels*. I do approve of the Nerd Jury's ruling even if it breaches the minor fact that juries traditionally aren't allowed invent new offences to charge defendants with.

I do like how one of the jurors is cos-playing as Moondragon from pre-1990/2000's.

Amusingly enough Comic Book Guy's speech is far better at dropping in references than any episode of the Big Bang Theory I've ever seen.

*= Mostly legal ones. The references are fine. Even though I initially thought that he was talking about the Marvel Guardian's of the Galaxy and not the DC Ones.
I would also take issue about are there really Beyonders (plural) or is there just the one. And the same for Data.

The Question IRL fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 31, 2013

Qwo
Sep 27, 2011
Wow, I remember reading that Simpsons comic when I was 9 years old.

I read too much Bongo back then.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The Question IRL posted:

I would also take issue about are there really Beyonders (plural) or is there just the one. And the same for Data.
He's speaking to more than one juror which is why he's using the plural in the comparative.
:goonsay:

Wartooth
May 31, 2011

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

"Krunch" appears to be some swinging-leg boot-to-the-head from a missionary position versus akimbo knives. "Girlscout Cookies" is dumb apparently a cartwheel backbreaker or something. (Why dumbass closed to melee range with a ranged weapon, :iiam: Same goes for the flamethrower in the panel above.)

"Whump"... uh, might be eaither a punch-to-the-headlock, or getting face-planted into the scenery. The real question is the casual thigh-to-the-groin, and how does his leg bend quite like that? :aaa:

I felt like educating you drat wrestling watchers a bit. A lot of those moves are Judo throws. The "Girlscout Cookies" one is a Kata Guruma: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO8vu7TmfD8 and the "Whump" is an Uchi Mata: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O93a4H5dEis. Made me really appreciate those panels once I recognised that it was Judo.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Question IRL posted:

As a lawyer and a comic fan, I object to Comic Book Guy's speech on so many levels*. I do approve of the Nerd Jury's ruling even if it breaches the minor fact that juries traditionally aren't allowed invent new offences to charge defendants with.

Hey, they acknowledge that it's unconstitutional, but as they point out, it is legal on several Federation planets. :v:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I did like "spoiled the ending to The Death of Superman".

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

The Question IRL posted:

As a lawyer and a comic fan, I object to Comic Book Guy's speech on so many levels*.
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but isn't he also riffing off of Plato's Apology?

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
So I was reading the new Infinity and Thane was talking about how he was about to put on his new special suit

I flip the page and expect to see the suit revealed in a big spread or something, but this:

Was the exact next page, leaving me temporarily thinking that Thane's badass suit was a cheap Iron Man's kids costume.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

wrong thread, nevermind

Dacap fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Nov 1, 2013

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Marshal Radisic posted:

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but isn't he also riffing off of Plato's Apology?

It's either that or 'unfrozen caveman lawyer.'

I wonder how many goon lawyers we have--it seems like every thread I follow, someone outs themselves as a lawyer.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The Question IRL posted:

Canonically there are at least two Data, not counting Lor.

(Goddamn, I'm not even a Star Trek fan.)

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Seldom Posts posted:

I wonder how many goon lawyers we have--it seems like every thread I follow, someone outs themselves as a lawyer.

<-Sadly.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Seldom Posts posted:

First year law student :(

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

bobkatt013 posted:

First year law student :(

It's not too late then. You can run now, while you still can!

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

prezbuluskey posted:

So I was reading the new Infinity and Thane was talking about how he was about to put on his new special suit

I flip the page and expect to see the suit revealed in a big spread or something, but this:

Was the exact next page, leaving me temporarily thinking that Thane's badass suit was a cheap Iron Man's kids costume.

Reading a nice collected trade paperback of Planet Hulk recently, followed by individual issues of WWH where the action was broken up every few pages by Go-gurt ads really hammered home the difference between them.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Random Stranger posted:

Canonically there are at least two Data, not counting Lor.

(Goddamn, I'm not even a Star Trek fan.)
I know that's the case for Riker, but discounting Lore, B-4, and alternate realities I don't remember it being correct for Data.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Ghostlight posted:

I know that's the case for Riker, but discounting Lore, B-4, and alternate realities I don't remember it being correct for Data.

There is Data's head chilling in the cave and Data walking and taking over the enterprise.

• Locked thread