Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Haha Ronaldo is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
He's such a drama queen.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
He's got a solid Generalissimo face tbh

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GV2TjjTpCU

Amazing dive :shepface:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Lol, and lol that the match ended 7-3.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Now in gif form:

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
That's a good salute. Straight fingers, nice flex.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
An absolutely phenomenal player doomed to live in Messi's shadow. In any other time he'd have been considered the very best in the world.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Wow. Sounds like you are describing Kewell as well.

Kewell was absolutely world class on his day though

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:heysexy:

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Lemon posted:

"If a player has possession for more than 30 seconds, the opposition can enlist the help of officials."

This just makes me sad :(

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Ninpo posted:

An absolutely phenomenal player doomed to live in Messi's shadow. In any other time he'd have been considered the very best in the world.

He is. They're joint in my mind.

Rossy
Oct 25, 2004
Blatter is a fat Swiss oval office

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Charlotte Hornets posted:

That's a good salute. Straight fingers, nice flex.

The finish is lacking.

How to salute, courtesy of drill sergeants everywhere.

6. Demonstrator, POST. I will use the talk-through method of instruction.

7. .The Hand Salute is a one-count movement.

8. When wearing headgear without a visor or uncovered and not wearing glasses, on the command of execution ARMS of Present, ARMS, execute the hand salute. raise the right hand sharply, fingers and thumb extended and joined, palm facing down, and place the tip of the right forefinger on the rim of the tip of the right forefinger to the forehead near and slightly to the right of the right eyebrow. The outer edge of the hand is barely canted downward so that neither the back of the hand nor the palm is clearly visible from the front. The hand and wrist are straight, the elbow inclined slightly forward, and the upper arm is horizontal.
9. Order Arms from the Hand Salute is a one-count movement.

10. On the command of execution ARMS of Order, ARMS, return the hand sharply to the side, resuming the position of attention.

He did some weird communist thing at the end.

Soulex fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Oct 31, 2013

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

serious gaylord posted:

He is. They're joint in my mind.

Mine too but that's not the general consensus. There have been seasons when the Ballon d'or should have been much closer than it was.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

They're both extremely good players and by far the best in the world but Messi has been more succesful on the biggest stage consistently in terms of trophies and performances for a few years now and that decisive for me. They both have plenty of years left though, I'm convinved Ronaldo will win it sooner or later but he needs to win the CL with Real Madrid or do something useful with Portugal before that happens.

It is really unique to have two such brilliant players at a similar age and level at two rival clubs at the same time and age, and I'm sure both will go down in history as bigger legends than anyone else.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

euroboy posted:

They're both extremely good players and by far the best in the world but Messi has been more succesful on the biggest stage consistently in terms of trophies and performances for a few years now and that decisive for me. They both have plenty of years left though, I'm convinved Ronaldo will win it sooner or later but he needs to win the CL with Real Madrid or do something useful with Portugal before that happens.

It is really unique to have two such brilliant players at a similar age and level at two rival clubs at the same time and age, and I'm sure both will go down in history as bigger legends than anyone else.

This would carry more weight if Messi was the sole reason Barca have been that successful but it's not like Messi has carried them. Without the likes of Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol and now Fabregas, Sanchez emerging finally, all coupled with a single playing ethos throughout the club, Barca wouldn't have been remotely as successful. Messi has been the missing piece of a puzzle sure, the sensational player that helps make an already fantastic team world class, but to distinguish between Ronaldo and Messi on team honours is somewhat unfair, because Ronaldo is hamstrung by all the Real Madrid bullshit that's outside of his control.

Ignoring all the usual "positional" arguments that usually gets trotted out to defend Ronaldo, have sympathy for him that if he's not trying to score himself, he's trying to assist Karim loving Benzema, compared to Messi's embarrassment of riches.

That's a lot of words. Have a picture.

e: Apparently he's decided not to attend any ceremonies organised by FIFA.

Ninpo fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Oct 31, 2013

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Ninpo posted:

e: Apparently he's decided not to attend any ceremonies organised by FIFA.

He's missed quite a few in recent years actually, so this is nothing new.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6XBR6E805g

Phwoar

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Wow, quote from that article:
"There was an infamous case several years ago when a referee, Dogo Yabilsu, awarded a penalty to Sharks at Kwara United and fans invaded the pitch," recalls the Nigerian editor of kickoffnigeria.com Colin Udoh. "Yabilsu was a colonel in the army and he took out his service pistol and chased the fans off. But Sharks were still afraid of what would happen if they scored so their player deliberately missed the spotkick."

:stare::stare::stare:

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
More like Dogso Yabilsu ha ha

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Only in Brazil.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
So do all Brazilians get the random nicknames, or is it just the footballers?

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
SpoOoOoOoky times at Spurs....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJv0A5Pu32o

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shroud posted:

I read about this once, and Brazillian names are so long that they all go by nicknames. Choosing the random ones like Bakteria and Roberto Baggio is a new thing though, I think.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Shroud posted:

Those tend to be real names. Maicon is called Maicon Douglas and its supposed to be Michael Douglas

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Is that Ronaldo's house?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Screen Error posted:

Is that Ronaldo's house?

Launching his new underwear line today.

e:

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

lmao everyone awkwardly getting out their phone

and Vertonghen just not giving a poo poo

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Modus Trollens posted:

lmao everyone awkwardly getting out their phone

and Vertonghen just not giving a poo poo

Their first instinct is to fall over and roll on the ground.

pdog
May 7, 2013
Speaking of the whole Ronaldo v Messi thing, in my mind things like that Ronaldo underwear launch with the massive billboard of himself, are some of the reasons people would prefer Messi, he just seems much more humble and likeable than vain old ronny.

On the topic of pics:

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

pdog posted:

Speaking of the whole Ronaldo v Messi thing, in my mind things like that Ronaldo underwear launch with the massive billboard of himself, are some of the reasons people would prefer Messi, he just seems much more humble and likeable than vain old ronny.

Dude is sexy as hell and an absolute hunk, I for one am grateful for his exhibitionism and defined Adonis belt. It works in his favour too.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

pdog posted:

edit: it looks likes he's made a mess in that beautiful Dolce & Gabana underwear in that first pic

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

pdog posted:

Even if you're correct, how a player comports themselves should have absolutely no impact whatsoever on that valuation.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

euroboy posted:

Only in Brazil.

That team has some real characters on it. They also have Mahatma Gandhi and a guy who nicknamed himself Gladiador.

Vinestalk fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Oct 31, 2013

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

blue footed boobie posted:

I read about this once, and Brazillian names are so long that they all go by nicknames. Choosing the random ones like Bakteria and Roberto Baggio is a new thing though, I think.

Yep if you had to put Izecson Dos Santos Leite on the back of Kaká's kit every time it'd be ridiculous. Only Vennegoor of Hesselink should be able to do that poo poo

There's a Bosnian dude that used to (maybe still does) play in MLS that goes by Baggio even though he has a pretty short name.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

sassassin posted:

Their first instinct is to fall over and roll on the ground.

loving hell, this. THese people would not survive a horror movie.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gigi Galli posted:

Yep if you had to put Izecson Dos Santos Leite on the back of Kaká's kit every time it'd be ridiculous. Only Vennegoor of Hesselink should be able to do that poo poo

There's a Bosnian dude that used to (maybe still does) play in MLS that goes by Baggio even though he has a pretty short name.

Here's an article on how ridiculous the names are getting. It's starting to become a marketing ploy.

http://snapkakapop.blogspot.com/2012/09/brazilian-youngsters-play-name-game-and.html?m=1

There's literally a Roberto Baggio listed, and a guy named Bacteria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ninpo posted:

Launching his new underwear line today.

e:

Is this related to his creepy boys underwear contest

• Locked thread