Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Dorothy the Hunter and her sidekick Charlie would be a better spinoff than whatever the suits are planning.

And that's exactly why we'll never see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Some Numbers posted:

Dorothy the Hunter and her sidekick Charlie would be a better spinoff than whatever the suits are planning.

And that's exactly why we'll never see it.

Pretty sure Felica Day has her hands in too many pies for a CW show too.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
That's exactly the kind of mythology expanding they need to do to keep the show fresh. It would be kind of awesome if this was the last major demon/angels season and they went on to do something completely different afterwards. And not like leviathan different but something completely unrelated to judeo-christian mythology.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
they've waxed just about everything that they could possibly put a knife into... what else is there besides flying monkeys and Rollers.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I gotta admit, I was fully prepared to hate it because I can't really stand Felicia Day, but damned if it wasn't a good episode.

Kinda nice to have a lady show up who doesn't end up dying.

She was a lot toned down tonight. Also love the line about not being a hunter till you die and come back.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I gotta admit, I was fully prepared to hate it because I can't really stand Felicia Day, but damned if it wasn't a good episode.

Kinda nice to have a lady show up who doesn't end up dying.

I think they really toned down a lot of the irritating aspects of the character. She actually spoke like a person. She was still kind of naive, but with a life spent behind computers or playing fantasy games, that would be expected.

And seriously, Dean needs to stop hitting the Deploy Zeke button.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Such a stupid/cheesy premise yet I loved the entire episode. Supernatural just has the luck of having really, really charismatic lead actors. Dean sells everything, and whoever played Dorothy was absolutely delightful. Really enjoyed this week's throwaway

It was smart to tie in the Monster of the Week to the Men of Letters at least, so we got a bit more of that plot thread.

bobby2times
Jan 9, 2010

Lawlicaust posted:

That's exactly the kind of mythology expanding they need to do to keep the show fresh. It would be kind of awesome if this was the last major demon/angels season and they went on to do something completely different afterwards. And not like leviathan different but something completely unrelated to judeo-christian mythology.

I wish they did something more with the Lovecraft plot. Instead of Cthulhu, cults, and old ones, we got leviathans.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

joebuddah posted:

So does the wicked witch get her power from hell as well.

God I love the music on this show.

No, the way Crowley said warded against everything, I'm assuming anything supernatural that tried to pass wouldn't be able to. Demon/angel/witch/etc.

Also, are they ever going to mention trying to use the computer to track angels again? Because I feel like that will drop off the face of the earth and be left alone until a really awkward time near the end of the season.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Rocksicles posted:

they've waxed just about everything that they could possibly put a knife into... what else is there besides flying monkeys and Rollers.

Killing a Roller would make me so, so happy. I wouldn't have the damage from watching Return to Oz at a way, way too young age anymore.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Aren't they called Wheelers, not Rollers? Those fuckers terrified me.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I wonder how long until Sam tries to cross an Angel ward and gets knocked back.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

KilGrey posted:

Aren't they called Wheelers, not Rollers? Those fuckers terrified me.

Yeah, Wheelers and they were scary as gently caress.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

bull3964 posted:

I wonder how long until Sam tries to cross an Angel ward and gets knocked back.

Yeah, they'll be hosed next time they have to use that Angels Get Lost rune.

Dean: "Uh, yeah, Sam... you got knocked unconscious again by a... ghost non-related to the incident at hand and the angel grabbed you and I hit the rune and you must have also been teleported away..."

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

bobby2times posted:

I wish they did something more with the Lovecraft plot. Instead of Cthulhu, cults, and old ones, we got leviathans.

To be fair I think that creature wasn't supposed to be a Leviathan, just a creature like how Eve was.

On a sidenote, the first time I saw that episode I thought we were getting the literal Eve which would have been :stare: worthy.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Such a stupid/cheesy premise yet I loved the entire episode. Supernatural just has the luck of having really, really charismatic lead actors. Dean sells everything, and whoever played Dorothy was absolutely delightful. Really enjoyed this week's throwaway

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaniehtiio_Horn

She was pretty awesome. I was amused to find out that she also played Rynn on Defiance:

edit: poo poo, she was also the voice/mo-cap actor in AC3 for Connor's mother... Kaniehtí:io. Fitting.

BreakAtmo fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Oct 31, 2013

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

BreakAtmo posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaniehtiio_Horn

She was pretty awesome. I was amused to find out that she also played Rynn on Defiance:

edit: poo poo, she was also the voice/mo-cap actor in AC3 for Connor's mother... Kaniehtí:io. Fitting.

Also played the fortune teller/prostitute cousin on Hemlock Grove.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Also played the fortune teller/prostitute cousin on Hemlock Grove.

There should be a rule that you can never mention Hemlock Grove without a giant warning telling people to avoid watching it at all costs. We all watched Supernatural seasons 6 and 7, so we aren't unfamiliar with bad tv, but Hemlock Grove makes you readjust your entire scale of how to define entertainment.

I just finished watching what I've missed of this season since you duders are saying it's better. It's a lot better than 6-7, slightly better than 8 so far too. They need to cut it out with the Zeke button though, that's getting old.

Midnight City fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Oct 31, 2013

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

On the one hand, the Zeke cop-out is dumb.

On the other, seeing Dean having to make up increasingly ludicrous excuses for Sam being knocked out would be fun.

They should do it all in one episode, maybe. Just constant needing to call Zeke, and Dean trying to come up with something on the spot to Sam.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

This is why things going to public domain is good and Disney is a bastard.

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
If they do get the computer to track Angels that will probably be the means by which Zeke is exposed to Sam.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Midnight City posted:

There should be a rule that you can never mention Hemlock Grove without a giant warning telling people to avoid watching it at all costs. We all watched Supernatural seasons 6 and 7, so we aren't unfamiliar with bad tv, but Hemlock Grove makes you readjust your entire scale of how to define entertainment.

I just finished watching what I've missed of this season since you duders are saying it's better. It's a lot better than 6-7, slightly better than 8 so far too. They need to cut it out with the Zeke button though, that's getting old.

Supernatural 6 or 7 is way better than 90% of Smallville and all of Heroes post season 1. I know what bad tv is.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011
So, what all can angels still do? They've fallen, but besides Cas (who isn't an angel anymore) is everyone else still status quo besides no Heaven? Or can they not fly around if their wings got burned off? This seems very unclear.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Merlinicus posted:

So, what all can angels still do? They've fallen, but besides Cas (who isn't an angel anymore) is everyone else still status quo besides no Heaven? Or can they not fly around if their wings got burned off? This seems very unclear.

The general consensus seems to be "like Lucifer", so no teleporting but other than that they're mostly intact.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Midnight City posted:

While I agree Hemlock Grove is a horrible bad show, it did have a really good werewolf transformation.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A lot of people on the internet seem to have really liked Hemlock Grove. I don't know why, but then again even Dexter had its fans.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Aphrodite posted:

A lot of people on the internet seem to have really liked Hemlock Grove. I don't know why, but then again even Dexter had its fans.

Dexter was nearly good up until the 5th season.

Then bad things happened.

And then lumberjacks happened.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
That was just the Felicia Day Show starring Felicia Day with a plot that was all about how awesome Felicia Day was doing the things Felicia Day is famous for guest starring the Cast from Supernatural.

Holy poo poo this was a terrible episode. Supernatural has done comedy episodes which were fantastic and written with genuine wit but this wasn't funny at all, it was just embarrassingly bad.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Kin posted:

That was just the Felicia Day Show starring Felicia Day with a plot that was all about how awesome Felicia Day was doing the things Felicia Day is famous for guest starring the Cast from Supernatural.

Holy poo poo this was a terrible episode. Supernatural has done comedy episodes which were fantastic and written with genuine wit but this wasn't funny at all, it was just embarrassingly bad.

I quite liked the girl playing Dorothy, but the whole Oz thing was just poo poo.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

On the one hand, the Zeke cop-out is dumb.

On the other, seeing Dean having to make up increasingly ludicrous excuses for Sam being knocked out would be fun.

They should do it all in one episode, maybe. Just constant needing to call Zeke, and Dean trying to come up with something on the spot to Sam.

To be fair Zeke literally said, "You have to stop doing this" when Dean called him this episode.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I'm just glad this means we probably won't be seeing Charlie again!

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Hypocrisy posted:

I'm just glad this means we probably won't be seeing Charlie again!

Oh, she'll be back. Hardened, wiser, and if we're drat lucky, with the scarecrow in tow. Obviously TinMan didn't make it.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I like the episode and while Charlie's last two episodes were infinitely more tolerable, I hope she stays gone.

"I just wish hunting was more magical."

Oh yes, hunting is a lifestyle that clearly attracts nothing but mirth and whimsy. Just look at Sam and Dean! Happy as can be and totally issue-free!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Writer Cath posted:

I like the episode and while Charlie's last two episodes were infinitely more tolerable, I hope she stays gone.

"I just wish hunting was more magical."

Oh yes, hunting is a lifestyle that clearly attracts nothing but mirth and whimsy. Just look at Sam and Dean! Happy as can be and totally issue-free!

To be fair, Charlie's last episode with them ended with her making out with a fairy.

Unruly Amoeba
Feb 11, 2007
I really appreciate exploring the Men of Letters' more. Ridiculous, but fun in a way only Supernatural can be at times.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

computer parts posted:

To be fair, Charlie's last episode with them ended with her making out with a fairy.

No, Charlie's last episode with them ended with her euthanizing her mother.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Midnight City posted:

I liked it. :(

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Supernatural really does fantastic pop culture references. The Game of Thrones Sam/Dean and the reading the books vs watching the show, Crowley having seen the musical Wicked at some point, it's all just subtle enough to add to the overall entertainment without being "how about current pop culture hit of the week"

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

I watched it recently. It wasn't very good, but it wasn't boring either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Kind of a weird episode, but I like Charlie so I enjoyed it overall.

• Locked thread