Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut
I guess it's pretty by MMO standards. Even maxed out it looks like a sharper PS3 game to me, barring those moments when the lighting looks just right or you find a nice view.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Hello Titan Fail Buddy. :smith::hf::smith:

At least I know we can do it if things come together, we got him to like ~15% once. I was Lethara, who were you?

I was the tank. I think 15% is pretty generous, once we down the heart it just gets too hectic and it seems like we were dying to bombs a lot.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Why did I never make a Roegadyn before? These guys are amazing!

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Fauxtool posted:

As a BLM is it best to use the firestarter proc as soon as its up during the burn phase or do i save it until after my regen phase to get back into burn phase faster?

If you have a burn phase (Like Conflagrations on Twintania) where you need burst DPS cancel every time.

E: vv we got from never having done Twin before to 50% in 2h of progression :smuggo:

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Oct 31, 2013

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
I like how going into turn 5 we basically just said 'gently caress strategy' and rushed it.

We got Twintania to 96% guys are we cool :smith:

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
Just got Miasma II and am not impressed. Should I use it as a fourth dot or just skip it?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

KaneTW posted:

If you have a burn phase (Like Conflagrations on Twintania) where you need burst DPS cancel every time.

E: vv we got from never having done Twin before to 50% in 2h of progression :smuggo:
This is funny and very misleading considering a 50% Twintania is 20% of the fight

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Rubicon posted:

Just got Miasma II and am not impressed. Should I use it as a fourth dot or just skip it?

It's for grinding fates and gently caress else

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I hope that they address the tank imbalance in 2.1. I realize that as a MRD/WAR I can do most tanking just fine, but the fact remains that GLD/PLD are preferred tanks, and when I look at the abilities it isn't hard to realize why.

Even just looking at the early level cooldowns that cannot be cross classed is kind of shocking. First is the defensive cooldown. GLD gets a flat 10% damage reduction, which applies to both physical and magical damage, is hell of a lot better than the MRD +20% defense, which only helps against physical damage(so any boss that does mainly magic damage it is useless) and although I'm not sure the actual percentages I seriously doubt it even decreases physical damage by 10%.

For offensive cooldowns the MRD has a stronger one but, as is a common theme with their cooldowns, GLD's is more reliable. It doesn't hit you with a 5 second window where you can't do anything, which can be dangerous if adds spawn or are pulled.

As levels go up the contrast gets even starker. MRD/WAR never get a cooldown or ability past their first one for damage reduction that I can see. All of their tanking abilities are of the self-heal variety, which while a neat gimmick, even WoW realized that such a tank still needed damage mitigation. Blizzard tried many different types of tanking, and what it came down to is that a tank who was unable to mitigate damage but had some other gimmick was always less desired than a tank who could mitigate damage. Hell, PLD gets a passive 20% damage reduction on top of all of their cooldowns for it with shield oath.

Every time I tank dungeons and I'm tanking a bunch of things and my healer is barely keeping me alive I keep having to wonder "would this be easier on the healer if I was a GLD?" and it seems like it would be.

I'm really trying to see what benefits a WAR has. The off-GCD stun is nice, although the windup on it is annoying. I guess in theory they would do more damage, although for some bizarre reason the PLD relic weapon has higher dps than the MRD one.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

ilifinicus posted:

This is funny and very misleading considering a 50% Twintania is 20% of the fight

It was a joke holy christ it was intended to be misleading

Lumis
Jan 10, 2006

I'm either a friend or a foe. Depends on who's looking.

Khisanth Magus posted:

I hope that they address the tank imbalance in 2.1. I realize that as a MRD/WAR I can do most tanking just fine, but the fact remains that GLD/PLD are preferred tanks, and when I look at the abilities it isn't hard to realize why.

Even just looking at the early level cooldowns that cannot be cross classed is kind of shocking. First is the defensive cooldown. GLD gets a flat 10% damage reduction, which applies to both physical and magical damage, is hell of a lot better than the MRD +20% defense, which only helps against physical damage(so any boss that does mainly magic damage it is useless) and although I'm not sure the actual percentages I seriously doubt it even decreases physical damage by 10%.

For offensive cooldowns the MRD has a stronger one but, as is a common theme with their cooldowns, GLD's is more reliable. It doesn't hit you with a 5 second window where you can't do anything, which can be dangerous if adds spawn or are pulled.

As levels go up the contrast gets even starker. MRD/WAR never get a cooldown or ability past their first one for damage reduction that I can see. All of their tanking abilities are of the self-heal variety, which while a neat gimmick, even WoW realized that such a tank still needed damage mitigation. Blizzard tried many different types of tanking, and what it came down to is that a tank who was unable to mitigate damage but had some other gimmick was always less desired than a tank who could mitigate damage. Hell, PLD gets a passive 20% damage reduction on top of all of their cooldowns for it with shield oath.

Every time I tank dungeons and I'm tanking a bunch of things and my healer is barely keeping me alive I keep having to wonder "would this be easier on the healer if I was a GLD?" and it seems like it would be.

I'm really trying to see what benefits a WAR has. The off-GCD stun is nice, although the windup on it is annoying. I guess in theory they would do more damage, although for some bizarre reason the PLD relic weapon has higher dps than the MRD one.

They've stated they are addressing the imbalance between WAR and PLD in 2.1.

That being said if you want to tank you should probably have both capped anyways for when they release encounters that are more friendly for specific tank jobs.

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Niton posted:

Actually, all of the difference between SMN and SCH's dps is the pet :eng101:!
And Raging Strikes.

Rubicon posted:

It's worth using if you happen to be standing next to 2+ mobs, but it's probably not worth running over to use.

Syuiro
Aug 24, 2013

Winter Stormer posted:

It's worth using if you happen to be standing next to 2+ mobs, but it's probably not worth running over to use.

I find that if 2+ mobs are within running distance inside of the gcd of casting bio1 it is worth it to run in and miasma2. While running in have garuda use contagion and it will also double miasma2 for your primary target. Run away and do some jump casts of bane and a ruin2.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Lumis posted:

They've stated they are addressing the imbalance between WAR and PLD in 2.1.

That being said if you want to tank you should probably have both capped anyways for when they release encounters that are more friendly for specific tank jobs.

Started as a WAR switched to PLD, have relics on both. The thing is the PLD just has so many more cooldowns its retarded. Both tanks should get Cover(takes damage for the target), and maybe an immune cooldown. After I finish off my myth PLD only items, I'm just going to start working on War specific myth gear so I can play both.

The thing that is going to be the next hot topic is how tanks, healers, and casters both have two classes that share darklight allowing those classes to switch up their gameplay with gear they already have. DRG, BRD, MNK all only darklight that are for one class, so to even change classes they would have to farm up another 4k philo. This was a pretty big drop off when I was about to gear up a DRG, seems so pointless just to do it for one class.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

When new classes/jobs come out that gear should still work for those that use it. For example had the arcanist not have been released at launch then white mage would have gear that only worked for it and same thing would have happened to the black mage.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I kinda hope that a dungeon comes out at some point that negates your job crystal, so everyone has to go as their basic class.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

SpazmasterX posted:

I kinda hope that a dungeon comes out at some point that negates your job crystal, so everyone has to go as their basic class.

The queues for that would take forever, since there would only be 1 healer class :v:

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Niton posted:

The queues for that would take forever, since there would only be 1 healer class :v:

The CNJ-heavy portfolio pays off for the hungry investor! :zoid:

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

The fankit mentioned in the previous yoshi-p livestream is out.

Fozzie Bear
Jun 4, 2000

Rockin' out at the god damn bank

VeggieSmuggler posted:

I wish people would stop undercutting me by 300-400 gil every time. It doesn't make crafting fun!

quote from a long time ago,

I find with the market that if there is something I want to sell, I will set it for the second lowest reasonable price (ie if something is selling for 5 gil, 1000gil and the rest of the stacks are 1200 gil, I set it my price at 1200 gil). If there is something ridiculously cheap, I go buy it and re-list it at a higher price.

Stuff doesn't sell as quickly, but it will sell, and you'll make more money in the long term.

also, if there is only 1 of something up for sale, and it has been selling recently (at least 3 sales/day), I will buy it and then inflate the price 50%, and add in the item I was going to sell as well.

Just a couple of tricks to make sure you keep prices high, and you can avoid the general trend of people undercutting you non stop.

On the other hand if it's something fairly worthless that I just want to get rid of, I will list it at the lowest price just to get it out of my inventory.

Someone posted a bunch of stuff about lost opportunity cost, and MMO players don't put a value on their time to gather and craft, I will admit that I am one of those people. If I see cotton bolls selling for 10 gil, I will go and harvest my own for an hour to make my crafting, but it's not because I don't understand the economics, more that I prefer to harvest my own stuff as it gives me a strange sense of satisfaction. I'm like that in real life as well tho, I could buy some mdf bookshelves with veneer on them, but I usually will go out and buy expensive wood, make the bookshelfs myself. It costs me more money, and the end result is similar, but I am happier doing it.

I have to say I am addicted to crafting, I haven't killed a monster in a long time now, but am really enjoying the game.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Any class have an int debuff besides mnk?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Failboattootoot posted:

Any class have an int debuff besides mnk?

Supervirus (the SMN/SCH Virus enhancement) is -15% Int and Mind for 10 seconds on top of Virus' normal effects.

Those twitter icons are absolutely adorable.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Very nice. Something to put on my new phone!

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:

Great, now everyone who hears or sees my phone will know what a closet nerd I am.

Agraya
Dec 15, 2009

Khisanth Magus posted:

Just as a reminder to Warrior tanks who use Berserk. Make a macro for when it is about to wear off and your healer can cure the pacification debuff leaving you with no downtime.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Khisanth Magus posted:

You should cross-class flash, as you can flash while pacified, and it lets you use MP instead of TP.

quote:

Defiance provides effective damage mitigation.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Agraya posted:

Just as a reminder to Warrior tanks who use Berserk. Make a macro for when it is about to wear off and your healer can cure the pacification debuff leaving you with no downtime.

Esuna gets rid of pacification? Interesting.

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Khisanth Magus posted:

Esuna gets rid of pacification? Interesting.

It doesn't.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Veks posted:

It doesn't.

I've cleansed it this whole time, but I'm only 40 still. Does it change later?

Veks
May 12, 2012

Grondoth posted:

I've cleansed it this whole time, but I'm only 40 still. Does it change later?

Are you sure you weren't just hitting Esuna the moment Pacification was wearing off? I ask because I main WHM and I've never been able to dispel it with Esuna.

E: Then again Esuna might just be buggy. Does the 20% chance of it having no cost EVER proc for anyone?

Veks fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Oct 31, 2013

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Volt Catfish posted:

It's for grinding fates and gently caress else

No it's for using on any group larger then 1 target.

Agraya
Dec 15, 2009

Veks posted:

It doesn't.

Leeches absolutely does. I've timed it to hit as Berserk runs out multiple times. It instantly removes the debuff. Never played a white mage in that situation but I don't know why it wouldn't.

Anyway, you should test these things before giving a definitive answer. This is doable in town even.

Agraya fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Oct 31, 2013

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Veks posted:

It doesn't.

It does. I've tested it. Pacification is just considered a normal debuff and you can cleanse it with Esuna or Leeches.

Veks
May 12, 2012

^^Oh, ok...

Agraya posted:

Leeches absolutely does. I've timed it to hit as Berserk runs out multiple times. It instantly removes the debuff. Never played a white mage in that situation but I don't know why it wouldn't.

I guess it could be confirmation bias on my case then, sorry. Although Pacification doesn't seem like something you should be able to dispel...

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
Esuna/Leech will remove pacification. However, Pacification only lasts 5 seconds (seems more like 4). By the time you see it applied, target the WAR and proceed to cast the spell, you're only saving them a second or two if you're quick. In order to really benefit, you need to already have the WAR selected and pre-cast just as or slightly before Berserk drops and Pacify is applied.

I've only ever had one healer do that who also played a Marauder. Since most healers are usually busy doing their own thing, I never bother them about it. As well, I make sure to establish aggro either before or during the use of Berserk, so that 5 seconds of not doing anything won't cause me to lose aggro (as earlier mentioned, Flash still works). It's great when a Healer is on top of it, but nothing I like to bother anyone about.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
Berserk is hardly even good enough to warrant the pacification effect, who knows why it exists.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
That fankit has some all right stuff, some of the wallpaper is really great, that hand-drawn one is rad as f--hold on, look at this guy

:drat:

Avetog
Oct 9, 2012
Regarding warriors, your wrath stacks grant a 15% bonus to healing received, and defiance grants 25% bonus health. I wouldn't go do far as to say the tanks are at parity, but the difference is smaller than many people make it out to be.

Prior to infuriate at level 50, you won't be able to build a full stack of wrath quickly, but paladins have to wait until 40 for shield oath, while you got defiance at 30. Be sure to burn your wrath stacks intelligently. Often times you'll be better off NOT using a wrath skill like inner beast to leave your stack intact for its bonus healing.

I find flash to be incredibly useful as a warrior. Using it during the pacification after berserk lets you keep your enmity going, and using it any other time saves you some TP, which is handy in long fights. There are a lot of other bonuses too. I use it all the time.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Avetog posted:

Regarding warriors, your wrath stacks grant a 15% bonus to healing received, and defiance grants 25% bonus health. I wouldn't go do far as to say the tanks are at parity, but the difference is smaller than many people make it out to be.

Yes, no one is taking this into consideration when saying there is a big difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

I recently hit 50 and wanted to transfer from DGKK to PBC, what's the best way to do this? Is this even possible?

• Locked thread