Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Croccers posted:

So Slender: The Arrival is out on Steam today. At the time of posting it holds a 66 on Metacritic.
Is a video coming up soon?

quote:

“A significant improvement over Parsec Production's original game, featuring a much more robust narrative, and a darker, more foreboding atmosphere.”
90 – The Escapist

“One of the most terrifying games in recent memory.”
85 – GameSpot

“The Arrival pushed me to the edge of sanity. With its clever combination of unsettling pictures and disturbing sounds this is one of the most intense horror experiences available today.”
85 – 4Players

Really? I know gaming journalism is a cesspit but really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
The intro level of slender the arrival is actually pretty atmospheric and cool, it then proceeds to go right back to running through a dark forest looking for notes while spooky halloween monsters pop up in front of you.

necroid
May 14, 2009

I wish people would stop talking about this whole slender thing because it's loving retarded.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Please, do this.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

steinrokkan posted:

Please, do this.
The first Sierra adventure is much worse https://archive.org/details/Hi-Res_Adventure_1_Mystery_House_1980_On-Line_Systems

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Sorry if this is old news, but I just realized something... on Lowtax's profile... he identifies as... a porpoise.

LOWTAX IS DONTREL

TinKelp
Jan 9, 2007
:dukedog:
Buglord

DStecks posted:

Sorry if this is old news, but I just realized something... on Lowtax's profile... he identifies as... a porpoise.

LOWTAX IS DONTREL

Have you ever read your forums profile before?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

TinKelp posted:

Have you ever read your forums profile before?

I assume he has, this is just the first time the fact that porpoise is an option has been funny for years.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Retsupurae already has that market cornered.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

That was Ambition. They did do Facade as well, though.

Shmorky
Nov 6, 2002

IT'S TIM
All the Let's Play cartoons are now compiled onto one long eight minute video... with a BONUS CARTOON at the end!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAf0bTdEGrM

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Shmorky posted:

All the Let's Play cartoons are now compiled onto one long eight minute video... with a BONUS CARTOON at the end!

Glad you were able to get all that blood back in your body.

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...
Tender, boneless, skinless, all white meat Shmorky.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Did you manage to get rid of all that pesky bone, by the way?

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Shmorky posted:

Thaks for making this!

Kate Hate
Aug 26, 2006

relaxing after a hard day's rape
Those spinning pig heads are the cutest goddamn things ever.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Those spinning pig heads make great avatar material.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

You guys are slacking. Remember when you released a video every day, sometimes multiple? Quit with the life having poo poo and get back to it.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I'm expecting something special for Halloween. The spookiest, scariest, slenderest .exe.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Shadeoses posted:

I'm expecting something special for Halloween. The spookiest, scariest, slenderest .exe.

I'm expecting a full playthrough of Dontrel Dolphin by Shmorky.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

I'm expecting sonic.exe. With a scare cam.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
I don't expect anything, because I think that's the secret to enjoying life: live ... without expectations.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.

Shmorky posted:

"HAPPY HELL-OWEEN, Boils and Ghouls!"

-Dontrel the Dolphin, 2013.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Pokemon Blood Reborn

Sonic Forever

iK-a-r-t 3D I

Rotten Prison - The main title song was made by my dad.

Sonic - A Negative Space

A NightMare On Elm Street 2 Blood Craze Part 1of2

Torture Vol 1.3

Torture of the AfterFlesh - Jesus Christ saved imprisoned spirits from hell. If you were Jesus, how many damned souls would you save from the fires of this horrid place?

SuperChristmas Evel

Christmas Evel (zombies)

Lee Land 2 - Lee Land takes place in a world similar to earth, but it is bigger, has more natural recourses and more beautiful than earth its located in the otherside of the milkyway Galaxy.

Surf it Now! 3D

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

"...And then there was Bitcoin."

Jubs posted:

Torture of the AfterFlesh - Jesus Christ saved imprisoned spirits from hell. If you were Jesus, how many damned souls would you save from the fires of this horrid place?

Lee Land 2 - Lee Land takes place in a world similar to earth, but it is bigger, has more natural recourses and more beautiful than earth its located in the otherside of the milkyway Galaxy.

Torture of the afterflesh looks like it has too many polygons for its own good. Most of these games have horrible low poly meshes with free high rez textures that look horrible. (And no AA of course) but this has (Comparatively) massive looking meshes and slimey low rez goo for textures. Strange. I will probably try it out later.

I love that Lee Land 2 looks eye melting and also that none of the details in the description seem to add anything at all to the game, or even tell us about it.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Shmorky's bonus cartoon was legitimately more frightening than any game they've played so far.

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

Personally I've grown to hate watching the "horror" games in general, unless it's something like that prison game with the super powerful gun, but maybe that's just me and not you guys.

I don't like them, but only because I'm a pussy and don't enjoy waiting for the jump scares.

Cup Runneth Over fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Nov 1, 2013

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Dizz posted:

Those spinning pig heads make great avatar material.

Spinning pig heads would make a good avatar but for two things:

A) pigs are clearly Lowtax's turf (as evidenced by the thread tag) and you don't wanna get all up in that biz, you don't wanna go there man and B) you can't make your avatar have them phat beats

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

MrAptronym posted:

Torture of the afterflesh looks like it has too many polygons for its own good. Most of these games have horrible low poly meshes with free high rez textures that look horrible. (And no AA of course) but this has (Comparatively) massive looking meshes and slimey low rez goo for textures. Strange. I will probably try it out later.

I love that Lee Land 2 looks eye melting and also that none of the details in the description seem to add anything at all to the game, or even tell us about it.

Try them yet?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Fantasy Island the FPS

Tale of a Lunel

Caso Van Uden

POKEMON GRAND THEFT AUTO

Tomson Fighter 2 : Demons in the Napalm Factory

World of Pain

Homeless, An Interactive Story

Expansion

Ninja Penguin

Squirells Vs Bears

S()S (Save Our Souls)

Paper Mario and the Silver Shards-Gommba University

Nameless the Sequel

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jubs posted:

You're scaring me with how much lovely games you can recommend on a daily basis.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

This causes my brain physical discomfort. Is it a 2-player splitscreen where player one is trapped in flatland? Is it a gigantic minimap? :psyduck:

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

The Protagonist posted:

This causes my brain physical discomfort. Is it a 2-player splitscreen where player one is trapped in flatland? Is it a gigantic minimap? :psyduck:

Probably a lazy gigantic minimap. Making a minimap is (mostly) easy as poo poo in GameMaker. Making a GOOD minimap, however, takes actual effort.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

This game must be made into a Let's Play.

The Protagonist posted:

The gameplay and controls are worse than the map.

Jubs fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Nov 2, 2013

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

They should have sent a poet.

This game must be played. There are 20 more cutscenes just as awesome. And the game includes voice acting!

This is equally as amazing. This kid has potential.

Jubs fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Nov 2, 2013

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

The title alone is enough for me to want to see you guys let's play play it.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I SAW something new on Lowtax's channel, and I had to share it with you all.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
I like how SAVE OUR SOULS stole the sprite for the dragons in Ultima Online

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Squeegy posted:

I SAW something new on Lowtax's channel, and I had to share it with you all.

This is my favorite so far. Lowtax, you should do more of these in character. :golfclap:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Gaspy Conana posted:

This is my favorite so far. Lowtax, you should do more of these in character. :golfclap:

Also do more point and click adventure games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Freddy's most fiendish plot unveiled!

This may be the best VGA yet :allears:

• Locked thread