Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Yeah, I've been turned around on Midora as a character. Still kind of annoyed by this whole arc, but I've said it before, at least the series still has heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So did Midora copy Frohze's God Cooking or did he only model his hair after it?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I am now very bummed out. :sigh:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is it just me, or does Coco look like Acacia? I just noticed it in one of the early pages, where it shows Ichiryuu with the young main characters. Actually thought it was a young Acacia at first and was wondering what the hell was going on before I noticed who the others were.

Man, Coco. We're never going to find out what happened to him; him falling in that hole was the last time we'll ever see him.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

I was really hoping for a bit more fighting between Ichiryuu and Midora though.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

alkanphel posted:

I was really hoping for a bit more fighting between Ichiryuu and Midora though.

To be fair, the fight is going to be super quick when your actions are dictated by two of the most hosed up super powered guys in all of history. Essentially, we have one guy who can gravitate anything towards himself and who can change the world to fit his needs. Then we have a guy who can eat anything in a vacuumous space simply by his hentai rape tongue having touched the area around him, oh and also he can copy cat just about anything.

You thought other manga characters ate a lot? Midora probably has pluto-size bowel movements at this point.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Seebach posted:

You thought other manga characters ate a lot? Midora probably has pluto-size bowel movements at this point.

I've said it before and i'll say it again. I want a fluff chapter dedicated to the plumbing systems of this universe. Yes i realize the answer is probably "gourmet cells consume every bit of nutrients, even stuff normal humans can't use" therefore they don't have any. But still, i want poop jokes.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles

Crunkjuice posted:

I've said it before and i'll say it again. I want a fluff chapter dedicated to the plumbing systems of this universe. Yes i realize the answer is probably "gourmet cells consume every bit of nutrients, even stuff normal humans can't use" therefore they don't have any. But still, i want poop jokes.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wait, was Toriko's toilet in his candy house also made of candy? :gonk:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

RatHat posted:

Wait, was Toriko's toilet in his candy house also made of candy? :gonk:

Poop Candy.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

Is it just me, or does Coco look like Acacia? I just noticed it in one of the early pages, where it shows Ichiryuu with the young main characters. Actually thought it was a young Acacia at first and was wondering what the hell was going on before I noticed who the others were.

Man, Coco. We're never going to find out what happened to him; him falling in that hole was the last time we'll ever see him.

The art style isn't detailed enough that you can tell people apart using facial features only. That isn't normally a problem, since most characters have rather extreme distinguishing features.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Serious Frolicking posted:

The art style isn't detailed enough that you can tell people apart using facial features only. That isn't normally a problem, since most characters have rather extreme distinguishing features.

Oh, it wasn't a criticism or speculation that it might be meaningful. I just noticed, dang, those two look alike (apart from one lacking facial hair). They even dress the same.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Roland Jones posted:

Oh, it wasn't a criticism or speculation that it might be meaningful. I just noticed, dang, those two look alike (apart from one lacking facial hair). They even dress the same.

Perhaps they are from the same country? :shrug:

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

I figured it was more akin to character template reusage.

Young Midora looks a lot like Toriko
Acacia looks like Coco

It is kind of like how you read an Akira Toriyama manga and you say, "Hey, that looks an awful lot like Goku, but with different hair, or a facial scar".

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Chapter 255

everyone lives! and Setsuno is still a badass

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

glassyalabolas posted:

Still no Coco. Oh dear.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Roland Jones posted:

Still no Coco. Oh dear.

Seriously where the hell is he?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

glassyalabolas posted:

Chapter 255

Ogre Limbs!

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Shugojin posted:

Seriously where the hell is he?

Sucked up and is now coursing through the straw guys veins as a poison that is slowly eroding him.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I have a feeling that Acacia may have been planning to prepare more than just food for humanity. I might be reading too much into Frohze's statement but it seems that Acacia was able to foresee more than just the gourmet eclipse. If he were say, to travel the world spreading information and hope in just the right places. Let that simmer for a couple centuries. Leave behind his best assistants to make sure the stock stays strong. And even plan for when someone might add a little too much spice to the dish. I feel like Acacia was planning to ensure that people never have to worry about going hungry again by paving the path for humanity as a collective to be able to weather such catastrophes

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Brought To You By posted:

I have a feeling that Acacia may have been planning to prepare more than just food for humanity. I might be reading too much into Frohze's statement but it seems that Acacia was able to foresee more than just the gourmet eclipse. If he were say, to travel the world spreading information and hope in just the right places. Let that simmer for a couple centuries. Leave behind his best assistants to make sure the stock stays strong. And even plan for when someone might add a little too much spice to the dish. I feel like Acacia was planning to ensure that people never have to worry about going hungry again by paving the path for humanity as a collective to be able to weather such catastrophes
So you're saying we are the Century Soup??

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

I... but...

So President isn't dead?

He's going to loving kill some people when he gets back to Human World (assuming he returns).

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Toriko/Ch-256--The-True-Enemy--?id=178445

...what

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I have to admit that as a casual reader, I have totally lost track of the sides, allegiances and betrayals at this point.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Did that dude just reattached his arm by spitting on it?

EDIT: Holy hell those loving last pages! I was counting on Ichiryuu to survive!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I would like someone to eat some food soon please.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

It means, Toriko needs to hurry and get his rear end up. So basically, Acacia had never taken Frozhe dying into account and then somehow got Midora to retrieve Cure Water every day in order to revive her. All that talk of someone with as much Food Luck as her just screams Komatsu so hard.

I just want to know what the gently caress Joa/Frozhe is already!

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Fecha posted:

I have to admit that as a casual reader, I have totally lost track of the sides, allegiances and betrayals at this point.

Same with me. It's hard to keep track of everything when you follow a handful of weekly manga.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Plutonis posted:

Did that dude just reattached his arm by spitting on it?

EDIT: Holy hell those loving last pages! I was counting on Ichiryuu to survive!

Since this is Toriko I'd be more shocked if he hadn't. I think we've come well past the point where we can consider it an issue if someone loses less than 70% of their body parts.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Yosaku's done stuff like that before, just to a lesser degree:
http://www.mangapanda.com/349-52285-12/toriko/chapter-95.html

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Fecha posted:

Xtanstic posted:

Same with me. It's hard to keep track of everything when you follow a handful of weekly manga.

That's what wikis are for.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Midora's face is all, Let's rock shitfucker at the end. :chef: Maybe blue nitro are TASTY.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
Midora is going to get wrecked in five seconds and the power scale for this manga is going to go completely out the window

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ANIME AKBAR posted:

Midora is going to get wrecked in five seconds and the power scale for this manga is going to go completely out the window

Are you sure? I think this manga went out the window, over the fence, down three blocks and en route to the airport already.

Zylon
Sep 21, 2003
In regards to the latest chapter:I didn't quite understand the conversation between Ichyru and Midora. Is he saying Acacia is the big bad or that Midora is going to have to kill Frohze?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Zylon posted:

In regards to the latest chapter:I didn't quite understand the conversation between Ichyru and Midora. Is he saying Acacia is the big bad or that Midora is going to have to kill Frohze?

I think the latter.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the idea is that the real enemy is the blue nitro or someone working with them, who had lots of spies in both the IGO and Bishokukai. The resurrected Frohze is also part of their group, and everything since at least Midora resurrecting her has been part of their plan. Which is probably evil.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Eight Beast Kings that rule over the Gourmet World? Eight dishes in a Full Course. Maybe the Beast Kings are the actual ingredients in Acacia's Full Course?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

DizzyBum posted:

Eight Beast Kings that rule over the Gourmet World? Eight dishes in a Full Course. Maybe the Beast Kings are the actual ingredients in Acacia's Full Course?

Nah, Toriko has already eaten battle wolf meat before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

@dcurban1: #FlyersTalk @28CGiroux and @Hartsy19 What do the C and A mean to you? We as fans expect more.Are you leaders or do you just make funny vids

@dcurban1: #flyerstalk @28CGiroux @Hartsy19 The A and the C are supposed to mean something. Leadership not stock quotes to reporters. Time to lead.
. There was the Group made up of members of both that was going out to space a few issues back.

• Locked thread