Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
epiphanylol
Sep 18, 2013
I barely started to preload Battlefield: 4 and it will finish an hour after the game will come out! :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uptown
May 16, 2009
Someone told me they would be by my house at 5 but didn't show up until almost 8.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with
I want to support my local bike shops, but none of them have any of the frames I want in stock. I might order online :qq:

I just ordered online :ohdear:

I Am Not Spor has a new favorite as of 09:51 on Oct 29, 2013

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
I've been playing Pokemon X and want to keep playing, but every time I pick it up I remember I need to grind and gain more levels. Then after like 10 minutes I get bored and it loses my attention. Then an hour later I want to play again. Repeat.

And I'm really sleepy but I wanted to read more things on the internet.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
My internet is down so I have to sit on hold with customer service, and they're going to treat me like a dummy "do you see a power button?!" Etc. On the plus side, screaming obscenities at the automated guy is an effective way (possibly only way) to get to speak to an actual person. But then when you're on hold listening to their lovely music, why in the gently caress do they make the music quiet but then have the guy yell at 400db YOU ARE ON HOLD. Hurts my loving ears.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.
I went to check what came in my Graze box because I didn't go to work yesterday and the last two came on Mondays only to find out they removed the 'once a week' option and didn't tell me I wouldn't be getting my box till next week.

I just want some afternoon snacks that aren't Pirates Booty from the Deli down the block.

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you
I must not feed the trolls. I must not feed the trolls. I must not feed the trolls. I must not feed the trolls. I must not feed the trolls. I must not feed the trolls. I must not feed the trolls.

But where to channel my unbridled internet goon rage??

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

My internet is down so I have to sit on hold with customer service, and they're going to treat me like a dummy "do you see a power button?!" Etc. On the plus side, screaming obscenities at the automated guy is an effective way (possibly only way) to get to speak to an actual person. But then when you're on hold listening to their lovely music, why in the gently caress do they make the music quiet but then have the guy yell at 400db YOU ARE ON HOLD. Hurts my loving ears.

Usually you can just tap 0 until they send you directly to an operator. Sometimes alternating 0 and * or #. They build in shortcuts in case a field tech or an office agent need to get the teleservice agents to do something for them.

Blue_monday
Jan 9, 2004

mind the teeth while you're going down

cobalt impurity posted:

Usually you can just tap 0 until they send you directly to an operator. Sometimes alternating 0 and * or #. They build in shortcuts in case a field tech or an office agent need to get the teleservice agents to do something for them.

I am That Person and hate going through a labyrinthine phone tree so I'll hit 0 after I start getting frustrated or spacing out. Sometimes hitting 0 or # will hang up on you which absolutely boils my blood.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
My sister has band and isn't home yet, but I really want to tell her about how one of my classmates just got expelled for punching another student in the face enough to leave a big red bump on his forehead and I saw everything.

The adorable neighbour cat with the lion cut always follows me home, rolls on the dirtiest parts of the road and rubs herself all over my nice jeans. But I don't have a cat anymore so I just pet her anyway.

The awesome bubble tea store just closed down, so when I'm at Sylvan and I want a snack, I'll have to go to the gas station instead.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

My sister didn't tell me that Nintendo had refurbished 3DSes for $110, and now she's playing Pokemon and I'm not.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Drum posted:

My sister didn't tell me that Nintendo had refurbished 3DSes for $110, and now she's playing Pokemon and I'm not.

You can get a brand new 2Ds for around that price, and while it's less mobile than a 3ds, it's far more comfortable to hold. Assuming you don't care about the gimmick 3d feature of the 3ds.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

cobalt impurity posted:

Unless you're calling FedEx. Mashing zero will get the automated thing to go "ok, I'll connect you to an operator. But first, tell me what you're calling about!" and then it traps you back in to the stupid automated menu so you mash 0 again and it hangs up on you :argh:

My FWP is that I would like nothing more than sit around in my underwear watching tv in my hotel room all night but I have to go to a business dinner with the CEO of a company we're working with at a restaurant with prices way higher than my per diem and I can't accept any offers to have my dinner paid for due to anti bribery laws. I just want to relax :(

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
The company I work for is a mismanaged mess that's running my department into the ground, but finding a new job is a lot of stress.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
My girlfriend has no idea what I mean when I describe folding a piece of paper "hotdog-wise." :qq:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The hotel I''m staying in doesn't have those complementary pen and paper in my room.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The hotel I''m staying in doesn't have those complementary pen and paper in my room.

Are you staying in a tar paper shack out by the rail yard?

Chicken takes so long to defrost, it's still frosty and hard no matter how many times I get up and poke at it. :sigh:

MariusLecter has a new favorite as of 00:40 on Nov 1, 2013

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
Very few kids came to our apartment to steal candy from us on Halloween :( What am I supposed to do with those 90 or so chocolate bars I have left?

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I'm depressed that I'm not hanging out with anyone tonight, but I don't want to go out of the house because I'm depressed. :11tea:

Also there's a tumor in my neck that's probably just a cyst but its in a lovely spot and it feels like someone is punching me in the throat every hour or so. The possibility that its not benign is terrifying too :ohdear:

ElephantCrave
Jan 28, 2013
I went to a computer shop to purchase 4 things I needed, I left the shop with 2 of those things. I now have to wait 3 days for delivery :doh:

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug

Buggiezor posted:

I've been playing Pokemon X and want to keep playing, but every time I pick it up I remember I need to grind and gain more levels. Then after like 10 minutes I get bored and it loses my attention. Then an hour later I want to play again. Repeat.

After you get to the point where you get Exp Share, you never have to grind again. Your whole party gets experience whether they battle or not, and you become over leveled without even trying. Give it another shot, it's a fun game!

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I ordered a pizza earlier and my friends' pizza came out right away so we sat in the car to wait on mine. One of the pizza guys brought it out to us in the rain but forgot my garlic butter. I didn't say anything because that was such a nice gesture from him but I really wanted that garlic butter.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I might possibly have a drat job at long last but it's so cold out I don't want to leave the house to go to the interview :saddowns:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I might become homeless tonight because my parents lied to my loving face about when they'll start charging me rent and are threatening to kick me out because I don't have the money literally months before they told me I'd need it.

epiphanylol
Sep 18, 2013
Using the awful app on my iPhone is soooo much slower at posting than my computer is but I'm not home right now :(

AtmaHorizon
Apr 3, 2012
I have two days to learn how GET VPN works.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The uniform shirt my new job gave me is a full size too short along my arms :saddowns: The bitchin' winter coat they also gave me hides this, but the short fabric restricts my movement.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

The Red Sox won the World Series and now half the city is closed for the stupid duck boat parade

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Online applications are my pet peeve. I've never once gotten a call or an interview from a job with online applications. Paper ones? Next day call, sometimes with the interview on the same day.

Even worse is online apps that don't let you apply to multiple similar positions at once, so you have to individually fill out each one with no saved information. :suicide:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Applying for jobs in general is the worst. I'm on the shortlist for a copywriting position that would be absolutely perfect... decent salary, full benefits, flexible hours, room for growth, etc. My homework for this stage of the process is to basically write a personal ad for myself, something I've never done. I'm terrified of playing it too safe and sounding like a giant cliche, but I'm also very wary of sounding too much like myself and coming across as a giant weirdo.

I really want this job, and am stressing myself out far too much already. I think I might just buy a bottle of booze and see if it coaxes my inner Don Draper out of hiding.

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

this isn't hug club at all
I got invited to another halloween party mere minutes after I started washing my sharpie tattoos off.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

MNSNTZR posted:

Online applications are my pet peeve. I've never once gotten a call or an interview from a job with online applications. Paper ones? Next day call, sometimes with the interview on the same day.

Even worse is online apps that don't let you apply to multiple similar positions at once, so you have to individually fill out each one with no saved information. :suicide:

This is why I eventually stopped applying to jobs that did not have an actual email address to contact in the posting. If it had an email to send it to I'd email in my cover letter, portfolio link, and resume. They'd invariably send me to an online app but at least that way I had the contact info of a real person to pester about my application.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

duralict posted:

I got invited to another halloween party mere minutes after I started washing my sharpie tattoos off.
I didn't get invited to any Halloween parties.

I love to play Civilization V but I'm actually not very good at it.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
Things are starting to slow down at work, and I'm having a hard time pretending to be busy so my hours don't get cut back. A man can only text on the phone in the john for so many hours in a day. :(

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax
I feel like my roommates are unreasonably quick to turn up the heat in winter/crank the cool air in summer. I'm not angry - I just think if you come home still roasting from a gym workout, maybe wait to go back to your baseline before interpreting that the AC needs to be adjusted.

They allow me a pretty good deal on utility payments, so I don't comment on it.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I feel like watching some Spongebob but Netflix got rid of the only seasons worth watching.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

KingColliwog posted:

Very few kids came to our apartment to steal candy from us on Halloween :( What am I supposed to do with those 90 or so chocolate bars I have left?

Donate them to a homeless shelter. As long as the individual packaging is sealed, they'll be grateful for 'em. Use Google to find the nearest one.

It's Sunday and I hate Sunday because I don't get any mail.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
My deadbeat ex-housemate messaged me out of the blue after 2 years of no contact, to ask me if I had a weed hookup.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I hung out with some old friends for the first time in a few years only to find that all of them have before super racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The uniform shirt my new job gave me is a full size too short along my arms :saddowns: The bitchin' winter coat they also gave me hides this, but the short fabric restricts my movement.

My job made me buy my dress shirt and pants. :negative:

• Locked thread