Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
No, it's just gold and comes with a laser pre-installed!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

3Romeo posted:

Why not just run on one cell (or now, two cells) until you need a full charge, then binge on candy? I thought that was the idea.
Yeah, that was probably the idea. I just don't think it's a good idea as it doesn't do anything to balance out takedowns and discourages me from using any of my non-takedown augments.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Oct 31, 2013

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I just did the Tracer Tong mission for the first time. The dev commentary mentioned wanting Adam to say a line that Tong says in Deus Ex 1, but he wasn't sure if it ever did get in.

During the conversation with him, I found the line "the more power you think you have, the more easily it slips from your grasp" to be familiar, so I loaded up Deus Ex 1 real quick, loaded up Tracer Tong's hideout, and sure enough, it's one of the first things Tong says to JC Denton upon meeting him.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Raygereio posted:

Making energy recharge up two cells is a start, but I can't help but feel they should have just had the additional cells you unlock recharge as well. Either that or have takedowns take up 99% of a cell or something.
Now I'm still looking at that empty third cell and am thinking to myself "Sure, I could recharge you. But it will still feel like a completely waste when Jensen punches a dude in a few minutes".

The OP mentiones a Cheat Engine script that makes all cells recharge. Anyone know if there's an updated trainer or something else that's simpler to use and does the same thing?

Given that energy cells take so long to recharge anyway, they really could have let you just recharge all of them, I feel. Maybe extend the charge time some, since you'll likely be entering mission areas with a full charge under that system.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

The Colonel posted:

I just did the Tracer Tong mission for the first time. The dev commentary mentioned wanting Adam to say a line that Tong says in Deus Ex 1, but he wasn't sure if it ever did get in.

During the conversation with him, I found the line "the more power you think you have, the more easily it slips from your grasp" to be familiar, so I loaded up Deus Ex 1 real quick, loaded up Tracer Tong's hideout, and sure enough, it's one of the first things Tong says to JC Denton upon meeting him.

Meaning, I'll owe you a favor. :jcrolleyes:

Good lord why do I still remember one off bits of dialogue from that game.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raygereio posted:

The OP mentiones a Cheat Engine script that makes all cells recharge. Anyone know if there's an updated trainer or something else that's simpler to use and does the same thing?

Wondering this as well. I have no idea what i'm doing with Cheat engine when it comes to putting in the script.

I'm at the point in the game where I just want to run around with cloak on for extended periods of time and taze anyone I see.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

3Romeo posted:

Which is why I carry both. :clint:

12 shots.

See, this is why we have :ocelot:.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

3Romeo posted:

It comes fully upgraded and with a laser sight, but you can't mod it to use the explosive rounds like a regular revolver.

Which is why I carry both. :clint:

The magazine is not upgraded, though, so a normal revolver has the advantages of having 7 bullets and explosive rounds. I think Burke's Revolver has higher damage than a max-upgraded normal revolver, however.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Is there a cheat engine script that tells you if you are completing the pacifist and ghost achievements?

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

I was searching out a Godsmack concert video on Youtube, and for whatever reason, this Deus Ex Machinima film showed up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJo3jdtcjWE

Short story about the apartment raid from the first game, but it doesn't exactly match up with the actual plot of the game. Still not my favorite DX Machinima, though.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Did they ever add a "non-lethal" option for punching through walls? I know it's a bit of a misnomer, but it kind of annoys me that every time you do it, you pretty much kill the dude when it would be just as easy to choke them out etc.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Ddraig posted:

Did they ever add a "non-lethal" option for punching through walls? I know it's a bit of a misnomer, but it kind of annoys me that every time you do it, you pretty much kill the dude when it would be just as easy to choke them out etc.

Not really but you can shoot the wall out with the silenced pistol if it has the armor piercing mod on it. That causes the guy to fall over but he's still alive.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Ddraig posted:

Blow up or use the 10mm to break down the wall the debris will only knock the guy behind it out. It worked in the original game, in fact the only place I've had it kill anybody was on the boat before you get your stuff back.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Segmentation Fault posted:

The magazine is not upgraded, though, so a normal revolver has the advantages of having 7 bullets and explosive rounds. I think Burke's Revolver has higher damage than a max-upgraded normal revolver, however.
Not damage, rate of fire, apparently, everything else is capped lower. Here's the regular, and here's Burke's (from the original version).

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

In the Director's Cut, how does the unlocking of augs during Missing Link affect what's coming after? Do I get back what I had at the end of Hengsha 2, or do I keep whatever I unlock during Missing Link? Because I'm sitting here right at the start of it staring at the augmentation screen and I have a serious case of decision paralysis. "Here, these 8 praxis kits will have you up and running like new (or very close to it)". Yeah, gently caress you too, buddy. I probably wouldn't have minded the situation in the original standalone format, but at this point in the game it just kills any momentum the game was building up stone cold dead.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
You get it all back in the form of Praxis Kits at the end of the DLC content area, along with your full original inventory, so it's effectively a full respec.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Alright, that's going to make me considerably less bitchy. Thanks!

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
You also earn several praxis points throughout the mission, and I think there's a couple of kits hidden about. You won't be near what you had available to you by the time the mission ends, but you get all the praxis kits back at the end so you'll end up having more than you started with.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
It's still pretty ridiculous though. The boss fight arena was a pain in the rear end to do with the limited amount of points you had.

Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

I am currently doing a second New Game+ plus playthrough and have enough unused Praxis points to fully upgrade Jensen twice. This time he's this fully updated professional bad rear end who only carries and uses a fully updated 10mm pistol. Don't bother with scouring for stuff either, only things that are taken is from dead enemies. Cleared out every enemy in Alice Garden Pods like a boss. Headshots all around.

Speaking of Missing Link, I also noticed you get to keep all your money and weapons to start the Missing Link section of the game. Which is nice.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
The goon responsible for a few Deus Ex LPs is putting up dev commentary and boss footage showing off some of the new features. It's still ongoing, but at least the first footage I've found of the new Federova fight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_4QL-cuYBg

Tecman
Sep 11, 2003

Loading the Universe...
Please Wait.

Pillbug
Looks like there's been a Q/A posted about the Director's cut issues on the Eidos forums:
( http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=140084 )

Why does New Game+ only carry over augmentations, and not inventory gear?
It was never intended to carry over the inventory gear. Keeping gear with the New Game+ would throw off the gameplay balance, especially in the earlier parts of the game.

Will PC support for second-screen functionality be coming with a future patch?
While we’ve been very excited to promote and share the second screen enhancements to the Deus Ex community with the Director’s Cut, unfortunately this feature was not yet ready for PC users. Intel has been working very hard to bring this technology to PC gamers and we’ve been working closely with them to ensure that once this technology is available, that it is compatible with Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Director’s Cut. We hope to have an update for our Deus Ex players about the second screen experience on PC in the very near future. 
More information on the Intel Screen Control feature can be found on the Intel website: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/perceptual-screen-control.html

No official strategy guide?
The official strategy guide is for the Wii U version only.

Polish and Russian languages are missing?
These languages are not supported in the Director’s Cut.

Text-Language option is missing?
We are working on this issue.

(360) Disc 1 & Disc 2 cannot be installed to the HDD.
The Xbox 360 console system does not allow two disc installations (and yet people are pointing out games which allow this in the thread...).

(360) Second Screen SmartGlass features are broken.
We are working with Microsoft to solve this matter. We hope to have more information to share very soon.

(360) No new achievement list for the DC version.
This issue happens because we share the same product code with the original version of Human Revolution. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do to alter this situation.

(PC) There is a significant performance hit and occasional video stuttering with the Director's Cut. Possible solutions have been found with Windows registry edits.
We are looking into this.

(PC) Windows 8.1 users are experiencing mouse problems, with the cursor jittering and lagging.
Windows 8.1 affects games that do not use raw mouse input. A link to fix this problem has been provided by the community and information can be found at http://www.ghacks.net/2013/10/24/fix-mouse-lag-games-windows-8-1/

(PC, All platforms?) On the Omega Ranch mission, the door leading to the elevator for the ________Namir________ boss fight does not open after accomplishing the objective (uploading the virus).
We are aware of this issue and are working on a solution for this.

(PC) Texture problems surrounding the base of Detroit convenience shops and elsewhere.
This issue has been resolved.

(PC) An issue where posters in the Sarif company lobby after the prologue could appear black.
This issue has been resolved.

(PC) Kitchens in Hengsha apartments have broken/missing textures (show up as bright green).
It is fixed.

I'm surprised there hasn't been any talk about the various audio issues I've been hearing about (both here and elsewhere).

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Segmentation Fault posted:

You also earn several praxis points throughout the mission, and I think there's a couple of kits hidden about. You won't be near what you had available to you by the time the mission ends, but you get all the praxis kits back at the end so you'll end up having more than you started with.

According to the Wiki your total praxis is capped at 61 when you pick up your stuff at the end of Missing Link. So if you reached 50 praxis when finishing Hengsha 2 and got 23 praxis in the Missing Link, then you'll receive 38 praxis kits when you get your stuff back. So in New Game+ you'll spend most of the game maxed out but you'll be short 7 praxis after the Missing Link.

http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Experience_by_area_(DX3)

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Tecman posted:

Why does New Game+ only carry over augmentations, and not inventory gear?
It was never intended to carry over the inventory gear. Keeping gear with the New Game+ would throw off the gameplay balance, especially in the earlier parts of the game.

And starting out with most of your augmentations isn't throwing off the gameplay balance? There isn't even a CASIE option for the first social boss fight because you're not expected to have that (the developer commentary even mentions this!). The entire point of New Game + is to goof around and have fun, balance be damned.

Inspector Gesicht posted:

According to the Wiki your total praxis is capped at 61 when you pick up your stuff at the end of Missing Link. So if you reached 50 praxis when finishing Hengsha 2 and got 23 praxis in the Missing Link, then you'll receive 38 praxis kits when you get your stuff back. So in New Game+ you'll spend most of the game maxed out but you'll be short 7 praxis after the Missing Link.

http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Experience_by_area_(DX3)

Well it's a good thing that between Fortify, Analyze, and Mark and Track you'll won't be missing those 7 praxis!

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Didn't they mention that the radar is different, or am I misremembering? I seem to remember in the original of it being way too small/cluttered if you got the upgrade to it.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Have they said anything about fixing the apparently lovely textures in this version?

Original

Director's Cut

This is according to the Steam Community anyway.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
That has to be a bug. It looks like the original texture has been stretched to hilarious proportions. My save game is ahead of that and there is no quick way for me to check it.

Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

Noticed that texture problem too. That's the only texture thing that has stood out for me.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
just chiming in to say that i saw this on steam while checking the halloween sale, and couldn't pass up buying it for $5. re-downloading this to fire it up again...

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Just beat DC on GMDX and got the pacifist achievement at last. Didn't kill anyone. :unsmith:

Now it's time to hit a New Game + and kill everyone. :unsmigghh:

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I'm playing through this game again thanks to the director's cut version. My first playthrough of initial release + dlc was pleasant and I enjoyed it immensely... this time, I don't know I'm finding the game much less interesting than before.

The commentary is borderline sad; besides the fact that it's terribly implemented if they begin another sentence with the word "So..." I'm going to vomit. All they do is talk about how they ran out of time/budget. They place commentary hubs at elevators which have Pritchard or some NPC interupt them, which cancels the commentary, so if you go back you have to listen to them giggle and repeat "So in this room... uh this room... uh" for five minutes before they say anything interesting. If you quick save and reload you have to listen to the whole commentary again. Using hack nodes or certain objects also interrupts the commentary - and while it's on you cant transition between maps.

I think I'm giving up now that I'm back into Missing Link. I thought it'd be fun to play it (for the second time) as part of the complete quest but, man, it's a lovely map. It should be renamed The Missing Link- Jensen Loves to Backtrack through Terribly Placed Loading Hubs. Some simple level layouts could have made it all so much more interesting. You go down into this subteranean elevator, revealing an amazing underwater facility ... only to talk to an npc... then go immediately back up. Screw this.

I loved the game at release, and maybe if I hadn't played through before, I'd give it another shot. But it's just not the same anymore. The commentary is more depressing than anything else, plus it makes the people giving the commentary seem like foolish designers. They wanted to make the Purity First people into medieval knights? You want to talk about a room full of lockers but dont ever comment on the praxis system and the choices made about powers and such? "So this room was supposed to be something, but then we ran out of time and made it something" for the millionth time?? It's pretty garbage commentary in my opinion.

It was only $5 but I dont think it was worth it. Somehow, the director's cut has turned me off to anything this group makes in the future. I wish I hadn't ever played it

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Veotax posted:

Have they said anything about fixing the apparently lovely textures in this version?

Original

Director's Cut

That's happening to me, too. My first experience with HR is with the Director's Cut, so I just thought they were really ugly textures.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?

fuckpot posted:

That has to be a bug. It looks like the original texture has been stretched to hilarious proportions. My save game is ahead of that and there is no quick way for me to check it.

Yeah, my guess is that it's the exact same texture but they forgot to adjust the tiling for it/screwed up the uvs. If that's the case it should be a pretty simple patch--assuming they bother patching it at all. Anyone heard anything on a future patch one way or the other?

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

Veotax posted:

Original

Director's Cut

Sanzuo posted:

Is it my imagination or are the graphics on the Directors Cut different (worse)?

Sanzuo posted:

Without doing a side-by-side comparison I can't be sure, but the facial animations during cutscenes seem less animated, the shading seems off and some of the textures look lower res. It could be that I'm nuts and have been playing other games though...

Fools! You called me maaaaaad!

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Tecman posted:

I want something.

gently caress you.
Interestingly brusque.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I hope the DC gets patched soon, it's a great thing but I can't believe they haven't brought it up to the regular game's version yet.

Anyway, I've pretty much decided to do my first runthrough as a "No savescumming" one. Any gently caress up I make sticks, and the only loading I do is if I die.

I decided to try out the armor piercing pistol thing on a wall since I had no idea you could break walls with anything other than the aug. It was the wall you have to break through to get to the gang's territory by jumping across the building etc.

I shot at the wall a few times, thinking "Why isn't this doing anything?" when it broke, the guy behind it got knocked out, and the other guy spotted this. Failed the optional "Don't get seen objective", so popped that guy in the head. I then realized that I can't actually get down from here because the fall would kill me, so went down the alternative route. This altercation alerted the rest of the gang so I pretty much had to massacre all of them.

Sorry, but this investigation isn't going to be the stuff award-winning reports are made of :(

Think I'll try a pacifist/ghost run next time, as I've pretty much hosed this up colossally, and I haven't played the game for a while so need to re familiarize myself with everything.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Madcosby posted:

I'm playing through this game again thanks to the director's cut version. My first playthrough of initial release + dlc was pleasant and I enjoyed it immensely... this time, I don't know I'm finding the game much less interesting than before.

The commentary is borderline sad; besides the fact that it's terribly implemented if they begin another sentence with the word "So..." I'm going to vomit. All they do is talk about how they ran out of time/budget. They place commentary hubs at elevators which have Pritchard or some NPC interupt them, which cancels the commentary, so if you go back you have to listen to them giggle and repeat "So in this room... uh this room... uh" for five minutes before they say anything interesting. If you quick save and reload you have to listen to the whole commentary again. Using hack nodes or certain objects also interrupts the commentary - and while it's on you cant transition between maps.

I think I'm giving up now that I'm back into Missing Link. I thought it'd be fun to play it (for the second time) as part of the complete quest but, man, it's a lovely map. It should be renamed The Missing Link- Jensen Loves to Backtrack through Terribly Placed Loading Hubs. Some simple level layouts could have made it all so much more interesting. You go down into this subteranean elevator, revealing an amazing underwater facility ... only to talk to an npc... then go immediately back up. Screw this.

I loved the game at release, and maybe if I hadn't played through before, I'd give it another shot. But it's just not the same anymore. The commentary is more depressing than anything else, plus it makes the people giving the commentary seem like foolish designers. They wanted to make the Purity First people into medieval knights? You want to talk about a room full of lockers but dont ever comment on the praxis system and the choices made about powers and such? "So this room was supposed to be something, but then we ran out of time and made it something" for the millionth time?? It's pretty garbage commentary in my opinion.

It was only $5 but I dont think it was worth it. Somehow, the director's cut has turned me off to anything this group makes in the future. I wish I hadn't ever played it
I don't agree with you but I understand what you mean, but still think it's a bit of an overreaction?

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah. Jesus. I'm not too impressed with the commentary or how it's implemented, but latching onto a couple design goofs (and another they didn't even go through with) and deciding you now hate the game now because the developers actually acknowledge their mistakes (or god forbid don't speak perfect English)? Come on now.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Geight posted:

Is there any fix to make the hacking UI not so unresponsive? I've got like half the stop worms that I should have because it keeps thinking that I'm clicking that button when my cursor is clearly over the capture button. Failing that, are there hotkeys other than press space for quick stop?

Do you have windows 8.1? I hear it's an issue with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Heh, that was a bit anti-climatic. Just did the Namir fight on GMDE. Took maybe 5 seconds. Just threw 2 frag mines and shot a single combat rifle clip at him and that was it. :v:

• Locked thread