Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Where does that leave Harry and Travis?

because they have no character you see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nmx
May 16, 2004

I've been rewatching Voyager on Netflix because I was overdue for some bij. Just got to "Alliances." What is up with that ridiculous fanfare and applause when the Majes walk in?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

The funny thing about Seven's leotard is it's an attempt to make her "sexy" and drag in the horny dude audience. But whenever they found an excuse to jam Jeri Ryan into an actual costume, be it a Starfleet jumper or period clothes on the holodeck, she looks way more attractive. It's one of those weird things, you know? It's like Jolene Blalock, she looked not nearly as hot as they were intending in that weird mottled catsuit, but then there's a lot of things about first season T'pol which looked weird and offputting, so...

Yeah, I really can't help but feel that Berman or Braga had some kind of catsuit fetish and didn't realise that the rest of the population wasn't the same.

Sash! posted:

What's a quad anyhow? You store data in...four. Four what?

Quads were just meant to be an arbitrary made up unit so they didn't say THE ENTERPRISE HAS A STORAGE CAPACITY OF 20 GIGABYTES and sounds ridiculous a decade later.

Apollodorus posted:

Where does that leave... Travis?

Shirtless, hopefully. :quagmire:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

So I just finished up part two of "What you Leave Behind" and Odo and Quark don't even so much as kiss for the whole show?

That's some seriously unresolved sexual tension.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

MikeJF posted:

Shirtless, hopefully. :quagmire:

His dad told him to just hit the weight room and do some curls whenever he felt "pent up". After those Orion sex slaves were on board, Travis had the biggest biceps in the galaxy.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

His dad told him to just hit the weight room and do some curls whenever he felt "pent up". After those Orion sex slaves were on board, Travis had the biggest biceps in the galaxy.

Only his right one.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I'm sorry, but memory-gamma tells me that Travis is actually a southpaw, so your sexual innuendo is entirely baseless and inaccurate, good day, sir.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

I liked this joke, that gold is worthless to most species in the galaxy. The only problem I have with it though is it's been shown in TNG and previous DS9 episodes that Ferengi will accept gold as a legitimate form of currency.

Those episodes were them doing the equivalent of trading to ignorant natives for shiny baubles. "Hah, you guys sold us rights in perpetuity to this stable wormhole for a sack of gold? What a bunch of jiiblox!"

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

nmx posted:

I've been rewatching Voyager on Netflix because I was overdue for some bij. Just got to "Alliances." What is up with that ridiculous fanfare and applause when the Majes walk in?

It was added specifically for the Netflix version of the episode and nobody seems to know why v:shobon:v

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I'm sorry, but memory-gamma tells me that Travis is actually a southpaw, so your sexual innuendo is entirely baseless and inaccurate, good day, sir.

Inconclusive. Much like not everyone keeps their genitals in the same place, not everyone jacks it with their dominant hand.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The way I discovered Memory Alpha exists was when I watched that one episode where Geordi had a beard for no reason, so I searched something like "Geordi Star Trek beard" and found out that the Star Trek wiki has an entire entry on them.

quote:

A beard was a growth of facial hair which was common among humanoids. In numerous species, such as Humans, the growth of facial hair was a secondary sexual characteristic of the male of the species. Not all males allowed their beards to grow, and they were generally removed by shaving them regularly.

YOU DON'T SAY

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Bicyclops posted:

The real question is how many Quatloos a brick of latinum will buy you.

I've made a killing trading quatloos vs latinum on the Orion Forex markets. :smug:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Memory Alpha is so loving stupid sometimes. There's some legitimately cool information there, and you really can spend hours reading about, like, Kahless or something, but jesus. Beards. I think human beings are familiar with what a beard is, guys.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

counterfeitsaint posted:

Flesh and Blood sucked because "hologram rights" was the dumbest non-lizard related thing to come out of Voyager.
Threshold is unfairly maligned as absolute poo poo for it's lizard plot, but those criticisms are objectively wrong and honestly hurtful; Jayneway and Paris turn into amphibians, not lizards.

I have a dream. A dream that one day, men will be judged, not upon the ability of their photonic matrices to survive outside the anular confinement of a pre-arranged holographic inclusion zone, but upon their character.
Computer, create a program where men will be judged, not upon the ability of their photonic matrices to survive outside the anular confinement of a pre-arranged holographic inclusion zone, but upon their character.

I think human beings are familiar with what a beard is, guys.
Keiko.

:rimshot:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Memory Alpha is so loving stupid sometimes. There's some legitimately cool information there, and you really can spend hours reading about, like, Kahless or something, but jesus. Beards. I think human beings are familiar with what a beard is, guys.

The production information on writing and filming is frequently pretty interesting but then there's also an image of every Vulcan body part on the Vulcan page, just so we can be sure that Vulcans have butts and chest like humans.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Slamhound posted:

Threshold is unfairly maligned as absolute poo poo for it's lizard plot, but those criticisms are objectively wrong and honestly hurtful; Jayneway and Paris turn into amphibians, not lizards.

How do you know I wasn't talking about some other episode huh? Like that dinosaur one?

I wasn't, I was totally talking about Threshold. I would like to apologize to the lizard community for unfairly associating them with this episode.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I feel like the middle of Voyager is the sweet spot. The early episodes are just them being inexplicably menaced by the lovely Kazon and living dead Vidiians, and the end is the Seven, Janeway, & Icheb Power Hour. But right in the middle you get some decent episodes which are probably really good and solid, like the best of TNG.

I should get the show on DVD someday. Maybe when the blurays are out, so the DVDs are cheap and I won't feel too bad :v:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

You're a filthy, disgusting liar. Must you turn this thread into a house of lies!?

Voyager's peak is about on par with a comparatively mediocre TNG or DS9 episode.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Every episode is good.

Especially the shite ones.

:garak:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Voyager is to Star Trek what Brad Haddin is to wicket keeping.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Dragon's Teeth is my favorite because Voyager screws up and makes zero effort to fix the situation.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Course: Oblivion is my most hated because it teases us with the best outcome to a Voyager episode ever, only to cruelly snatch it away from us.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Vagabundo posted:

What the gently caress is this? I only know this is cricket-related because I'm in the Commonwealth, but the only people I know who play cricket here are Indian immigrants. Explain this with analogies related to the 2003 NHL roster, please.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

What the gently caress is this? I only know this is cricket-related because I'm in the Commonwealth, but the only people I know who play cricket here are Indian immigrants. Explain this with analogies related to the 2003 NHL roster, please.

Your posting is like Brendon McCullum's captaincy.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Cricket. :argh:

e: at least use a Parisee's Squares analogy, spoonhead

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Cricket. :argh:

e: at least use a Parisee's Squares analogy, spoonhead

Mate, you've been dismissed for a duck.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I don't even know what that means :qq:

Why can't you just speak in hockey terminology like I politely asked? I'm Canadian, you bastard, Daniel Alfredssen is the only way I know how to communicate.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Voyager is the Sharks in the playoffs.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Why don't Ferengi ears have ear canals? Do they have no internal ear physiology?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
JJTrek is the little blue streak they added so americans could follow the puck

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Sash! posted:

Voyager is the Sharks in the playoffs.

Oh, gently caress, thank you! Now I get it! I really do!

But wait, if this, then... who is the Wild? My favoured team, which Trek represents them?! :ohdear:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Oh, gently caress, thank you! Now I get it! I really do!

But wait, if this, then... who is the Wild? My favoured team, which Trek represents them?! :ohdear:

Minnesota Wild is the hockey equivalent of T20.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Nov 2, 2013

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Vagabundo posted:

Please limit sports references to Parrises Squares or Anbo-jyutsu thanks in advance.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

counterfeitsaint posted:

How do you know I wasn't talking about some other episode huh? Like that dinosaur one?

I wasn't, I was totally talking about Threshold. I would like to apologize to the lizard community for unfairly associating them with this episode.
Despite its oblique nature, your post suggested both a qualified and unqualified single-episode nadir. Threshold occupies both positions. Space Dinosaurs, while the worst of the actual lizard episodes, is arguably superior to Neelix Gets a Hololung, or Jayneway gets a Warp Particle. Logic dictates that in your revulsion, you hastily made the common error of conflating 'lizard' and 'amphibian' rather than thinking that Space Dinosaurs was worse than Threshold.

The Lizard Community accepts your apology.

Plus, the amphibians in Threshold were allergic to water which makes no loving sense whatsoever.

I feel like the middle of Voyager is the sweet spot.
False. The sweet spot of Voyager is not knowing Voyager exists.

Voyager is the Trek that beats the life from Trek. Voyager is the hopeful anticipation of the Command of Rachel Garrett dashed upon the ice-rimed asteroids of Kate Mulgrew's lovely Acting of a lovely Character Written by lovely Writers.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Apollodorus posted:

Please limit sports references to Parrises Squares or Anbo-jyutsu thanks in advance.

Quiet, you Ronan O'Gara.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Vagabundo posted:

Minnesota Wild is hockey equivalent of T20.

More cricket. Why, Vagabundo? Why do you do this to me? What have I ever done to you?

Gomen, todo-sama. *slits own belly in contrition*

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I feel like the middle of Voyager is the sweet spot. The early episodes are just them being inexplicably menaced by the lovely Kazon and living dead Vidiians, and the end is the Seven, Janeway, & Icheb Power Hour. But right in the middle you get some decent episodes which are probably really good and solid, like the best of TNG.

I should get the show on DVD someday. Maybe when the blurays are out, so the DVDs are cheap and I won't feel too bad :v:

I agree that the middle is the strongest, but a few of my favorite episodes are in season 6 and 7.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I can't remember enough about Voyager to know where the good episodes are clustered. I wanna say between 3-5. That's too wide. So are the asses of Voyager fans.

e: because they're all middle aged housewives!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I agree that the middle is the strongest, but a few of my favorite episodes are in season 6 and 7.

I think the episode with Chakotay being unstuck in time and travelling the entire length and breadth of Voyager's run is a great episode. Macroviruses, Borg Seven, Seska, all the highlights of the show come back for one last hurrah. Plus, Chakotay saves the day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Voyager fans are comparable to the Wallabies when playing for the Bledisloe Cup.

• Locked thread