Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Snowdens Secret posted:

Let's rephrase that as "Why can't one of the jap brands just make a goddamn modern 450 supermoto that doesn't require a full engine rebuild every 40 hours".

I'd kill for one of the SXVs if they didn't go through engines like candy.

I think with the SXV it's more a 'if you can survive more than 40 hours, engine rebuilds are gonna be the least of your problems' thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?

nsaP posted:

Also lights, wheels, suspension, sprockets, and ffs a 6 speed as someone else said.

edit: Front brakes...

Yamaha has you covered

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
Oh, look, another awesome-looking bike that was never sold in the USA.

(I hear those were available in Canada though)

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
Could always ship one down there, no? :canada:

Mine sitting dead waiting for a trailer ride home. The left emulsion tube split in half 40km into a ride.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I like the Grom, but I think I like this more.

(Assuming Suzuki actually puts it into production)

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

Slavvy posted:

Practically noone outside of CA would buy one or gives a poo poo. That's why they don't make them. Sportbikes, cruisers and other 'lifestyle' bikes are where the money's at unfortunately.

I don't think Supermotos are some sort of super secret, I remember supermoto junkie site being huge back in 2007 and I'm sure sumos are more popular than ever now.

Linedance posted:

Don't worry, Italy's got you covered:

My neighbor has one, while it's hilariously fast and fun, not a bike you can live with everyday on the street. Also Italian.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Deeters posted:

I like the Grom, but I think I like this more.
Without a size reference, that looks really tiny. Like pocketbike tiny.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

HNasty posted:

My neighbor has one, while it's hilariously fast and fun, not a bike you can live with everyday on the street. Also Italian.

See to my mind a motard isn't something that should be usable every day on the street, leave that for "adventure" bikes. Also I like the SXV for being like a lightning conductor for all of Aprilia's Italian-ness, it's like the designers they kept locked in the basement after they were banned from making two-stroke RSs are allowed out once a year to do stuff to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS4pzw9smaQ

No idea if related but the title was too irresistible.

npn
Mar 7, 2006

axia posted:

"New" Kawasaki MiniSM announced: the KSR Pro.
Not really that new. Been available in Asian markets for years.

Rode one that had had the Takegawa catalogue thrown at it for a few hundred k's straight. Was surprisingly comfortable.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

How big an upgrade is 50cc and fuel injection, anyway? I get that the DRZ is old technology but it sure seems to be a solid performer.

The drz is reliable, but about 15 horsepower down on a race 450, because it's built to street-friendly tolerances and with street friendly maintenance intervals. Taking a 450cc mx race motor and subjecting it to stop and go traffic is a recipe for unreliability no matter what country the engine comes from.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Nov 2, 2013

apatite
Dec 2, 2006

Got yer back, Jack

All my DRZ really needs is a 6th gear. I keep shifting, it's never there. WHY SUZUKI, WHYYYYYYY

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Collateral Damage posted:

Without a size reference, that looks really tiny. Like pocketbike tiny.

I haven't found any real dimensions, but I'm imagining it's about the same size as the Grom. Throwing an electric motor on something that small has got to be fun.

tjones
May 13, 2005

apatite posted:

All my DRZ really needs is a 6th gear. I keep shifting, it's never there. WHY SUZUKI, WHYYYYYYY

You will never ever have enough gears. I go for 7th anytime I'm not paying attention.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

This is true, on all the 6 speed bikes I've owned, I did the same thing. I am a habitual top gear checker though, much like some people are habitual "blinker off" checkers. Its my riding OCD

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
This was on my youtube feed, but it's cool cause it has an onboard of a dude doing a full Randy a little after 1 minute in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AyFzQg4i0Q

The "Randy" for those unfamiliar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vzHO9Evb1g

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
Maybe once electric bikes become a big thing, and they start adding those simulated engine note noisemakers, someone can make a simulation where the engine noise just keeps on rising and rising so you can upshift forever.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

:ussr:

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

I just thank god I live in a country where I'm free to build and ride in a bathtub motorcycle :911:

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004
It was beautiful up in NH today!

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

And PA!

Edit: Very nice shot by the way.

Covert Ops Wizard fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Nov 2, 2013

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

ADINSX posted:

I just thank god I live in a country where I'm free to build and ride in a bathtub motorcycle :911:

I dunno, there's plusses and minuses, it's kind of a wash

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Legdiian posted:

I love the look of your bike, curiously would someone 6'5" look too retarded on one?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I'd like to see one of those with a water-cooled engine, and the radiator immersed in the bath water as a heat exchanger. :kimchi:

In other news, ffffffffffffffffffu

tjones
May 13, 2005

Legdiian posted:

Which mirrors do you have? How are they? I'd like to get a pair of turn signal mirrors, but I'm unsure if I'll like them.

The stock R6 mirror has me staring at my elbow if positioned to look directly behind me. They have also started to vibrate at anything over 4K, and I get nervous not being able to clearly identify any vehicle behind me. If I don't replace them I'll probably install a barend instead. Another set of signals sitting up high would be nice.

Nice 6. I love the red/white and originally wanted to find a pearl white one.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
Local shop had dyno day so I took my bike and a few DC goons down there. I was declared champion of air cooled bikes with my staggering 83HP and 64 ft/lb of power. Here is a video of my fine Italian machine on the dyno. This video should only be played on high end european speakers while sipping a fine Chianti to appreciate the fine sound notes emanating from the Termignonis. Allow me to play for you the music of my people. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap8g9PxW1bs&hd=1

This is my friend's bike making fire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvZL9hL_5-w&hd=1

Ducbro 4 lyfe

This fool and his English junk pile

After my victory at the dyno, went for a lovely fall ride.

Fall in VA is very pretty, lots of cool trees to look at

I am member of the cool tree appreciation society

Cool trees and cool bikes

Cool tree vantage point

Cool sandwich

HNasty fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Nov 3, 2013

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

That bacon is heinously overcooked but looks like a successful day otherwise. I need to find more roads like the one in your third picture...those are the best kind of road by far.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

That bacon is heinously overcooked but looks like a successful day otherwise. I need to find more roads like the one in your third picture...those are the best kind of road by far.

It's not possible to overcook bacon.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

HNasty posted:

Did you hit any cool bushes

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

FormatAmerica posted:

It's not possible to overcook bacon.

So very wrong.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Ooh, where's that overlook at? I need to find some good places to ride in VA.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

M42 posted:

Ooh, where's that overlook at? I need to find some good places to ride in VA.

Where in VA?

M42
Nov 12, 2012

NoVA. It's gonna be skyline or something, isn't it :negative:

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

M42 posted:

NoVA. It's gonna be skyline or something, isn't it :negative:

Skyline if beautiful but the speed limit is like 35 the whole goddamn time.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

HNasty posted:

This is very nice picture, is it from your chest mount GoPro? Screen cap, or just snapping stills every x seconds?

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Linedance posted:

This is very nice picture, is it from your chest mount GoPro? Screen cap, or just snapping stills every x seconds?

Iphone pulled over and snapped pic

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

apatite posted:

Get aftermarket wide ratio 5 speed gears.

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004

tjones posted:

Which mirrors do you have? How are they? I'd like to get a pair of turn signal mirrors, but I'm unsure if I'll like them.

The stock R6 mirror has me staring at my elbow if positioned to look directly behind me. They have also started to vibrate at anything over 4K, and I get nervous not being able to clearly identify any vehicle behind me. If I don't replace them I'll probably install a barend instead. Another set of signals sitting up high would be nice.

Nice 6. I love the red/white and originally wanted to find a pearl white one.

Thanks,

I grabbed these mirrors after I switched to flash mount turn signals :

http://www.moto-science.com/product/yamaha-led-mirrors-pair-2009-r6-2008-2013-7068-69

With the flush mounts it's all but impossible for people in front of you to see your blinkers. As mirrors they are just as useless as the stock mirrors. I get great views of my arms. My other bike is a 749 and that's even worse so I'm kinda used to putting my left arm behind my back to see anything behind me anyway.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Legdiian posted:

Thanks,

I grabbed these mirrors after I switched to flash mount turn signals :

http://www.moto-science.com/product/yamaha-led-mirrors-pair-2009-r6-2008-2013-7068-69

With the flush mounts it's all but impossible for people in front of you to see your blinkers. As mirrors they are just as useless as the stock mirrors. I get great views of my arms. My other bike is a 749 and that's even worse so I'm kinda used to putting my left arm behind my back to see anything behind me anyway.

Tuono/RSV4 mirrors are pretty cheap and fit most things. Sort of tempted to grab a set myself because somehow I have algae growing in one of mine and ridiculously they don't cost much more than a set of third-party LED indicators.

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004
Slightly better shot of the mirrors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I adjusted the mirrors on my ninja so one points out and wide to the side (for merging etc) and the other one points somewhat down at my elbow. So if I want to look behind, all I have to do is lift my elbow up and look under my arm. Works pretty well.