Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Just finished Banshee.

:stare:

I need season two. :f5:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

...! posted:

Just finished Banshee.

:stare:

I need season two. :f5:

My Dad's big on action movies, so whenever he comes to visit from out of state I watch Banshee with him.

He got through episode 7 last week before he had to go home and he's been jonesing for more. I'm hoping to finish it with him this weekend. I can't WAIT to see his reaction to that last gunfight and THAT loving ROCKET LAUNCHER.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

If your looking for something Holloweenie to watch, Ghostbusters is on Comedy Central.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Just caught the Returned pilot, it was loving fantastic. Can't wait for more. Just hope it doesn't go off the rails, or failing that, goes off the rails in a good way.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
How is Pete Holmes' show doing? Haven't had a chance to catch it yet.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

escape artist posted:

How is Pete Holmes' show doing? Haven't had a chance to catch it yet.

It's not bad, but the half-hour length really hurts it. The opening sketches are generally solid and the monologue is pretty much just his stand-up, but the compression makes the whole thing feel rushed. The idea of having lower-profile but higher-quality comedians (like Kumail Nanjiani and Chelsea Peretti) as guests is a nice change, but it's undercut by only giving them three minutes to talk.

I think if he were to devote the time spent on the second "feature" of each episode to extending the interviews it could be a really good show. As it stands, though, it's not living up to its potential.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Frackie Robinson posted:

Just caught the Returned pilot, it was loving fantastic. Can't wait for more. Just hope it doesn't go off the rails, or failing that, goes off the rails in a good way.

It's a slow-burn, but it just keeps getting better.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah the x-men sketch from the first episode was enough to keep me watching. Chelsea has been on since? I need to watch that then, she's awesome.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Just re-watched first season of Party Down. Great show, shame that it ended so quickly.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Severely disappointed this isn't called Nookie.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

It's gonna be like 8 Mile except with way more Ed Hardy and Axe body spray.

I hope they get Nick Kroll and Jon Daly to star in the show.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Hey. Hey now.

8 Mile is a good movie. :colbert:

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I think that's the point, it'll be like 8 Mile except Ed Hardy and Axe Body Spray are both for douchebags so they're ruining it.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

It's gonna be a dramatic version of this music video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHH3brmhPyw

Tig Notaro may be the only person in existence who looks hot in Ed Hardy.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Conduit for Sale! posted:

It's gonna be a dramatic version of this music video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHH3brmhPyw

Tig Notaro may be the only person in existence who looks hot in Ed Hardy.

Tig Notaro looks hot with a double mastectomy. And most dudes who wear Ed Hardy could use one.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
ABC ordered full seasons for Trophy Wife and The Goldbergs tonight. They ordered four more episodes for Super Fun Night and cancelled (well, decided against renewing) Back in the Game.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

I just watched Harrison Ford pierce Jimmy Fallon's ear.

It was amazing. :lol:

Edit: here's the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7UF8KT_Ljo

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Nov 2, 2013

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

...! posted:

ABC ordered full seasons for Trophy Wife and The Goldbergs tonight. They ordered four more episodes for Super Fun Night and cancelled (well, decided against renewing) Back in the Game.

I want to like Super Fun Night but it's not as good as a show with Michael Showalter's involvement should be. I also hate the dear diary intros and the intro. Back in the Game is a bit better but nothing amazing, I would've swapped their fates personally.

Glad the other two got full season pickups because they're both developing better. Barry on The Goldbergs is amazing and I hope the writers realise this. Retool the show so it's all about him.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I'm simultaneously mourning and enjoying DTTB in Apt 23. Cause with the proper episode order, everything makes sense, and I haven't seen about 2/3 of the second season. But then knowing it ends :(

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

hope and vaseline posted:

I'm simultaneously mourning and enjoying DTTB in Apt 23. Cause with the proper episode order, everything makes sense, and I haven't seen about 2/3 of the second season. But then knowing it ends :(

Just be glad we could be graced with such beauty in the first place, I would rather have DTTB'd and lost than to have never DTTB'd at all.

Seeing Eric Andre in the show is weird too since that was before his own show on Adult Swim and before everyone realized he is a crazy son of a bitch, while in the show he's so normal and well behaved.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

hope and vaseline posted:

I'm not a big fan of the second season for a number of reasons, but It's a Miracle... is arguably the best episode of the series and perhaps even the best Thanksgiving-themed tv show ever produced.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Is that the one with the escalation into insanity with Chloe's family? Really looking forward to that again!

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

hollylolly posted:

I just watched Harrison Ford pierce Jimmy Fallon's ear.

It was amazing. :lol:

Edit: here's the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7UF8KT_Ljo

I was just coming here to post about this. I really love Jimmy Fallon's show now, he does such awesome/crazy poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4ajQ-foj2Q

Mr.48
May 1, 2007
So what the deal with Vikings? I've tried to watch it but cant summon the energy to watch past episode 2. I get that we dont always get "good people" as protagonists in dramas but at least Walter White of Breaking Bad gives us a couple of seasons to get to know him and build sympathy. On the other hand, the main character of Vikings, Ragnar, leads a band of murderers to kill, enslave, and rob some helpless monks in the second episode of the first season! So far, his only positive trait seems to be that he isnt a rapist like his brother. Thats it.

Does anything change, or should I just not bother watching any further?

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
Actually Vikings ended up being pretty drat good.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I'll give it credit for using a Fever Ray song as the title theme.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I literally forgot that Alcatraz even existed until this morning. And then I got depressed because it had so much wasted potential.

:sigh:

CanceledTVShow
Mar 29, 2013

precision posted:

I literally forgot that Alcatraz even existed until this morning. And then I got depressed because it had so much wasted potential.

:sigh:

Alcatraz was great and I'm looking forward to Almost Human but I feel that it will have the same fate.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

CanceledTVShow posted:

Alcatraz was great and I'm looking forward to Almost Human but I feel that it will have the same fate.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but outside of the X Files, isn't Fox's history with high-concept dreadful?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They gave Fringe a chance

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
The clip Minka Kelly brought with her to Fallon this week looked horribly boring. It was only 30 seconds and dialogue heavy with some wooden actors, but it was so lovely that I laughed out loud.

Mu Zeta posted:

They gave Fringe a chance

They gave Dollhouse two seasons and S1 was awful.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Is she on Almost Human? Not too worried since she is a really bad actor so her scenes will suck.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Mu Zeta posted:

Is she on Almost Human? Not too worried since she is a really bad actor so her scenes will suck.

Yeah she's the last billed of principal cast though so I'm guessing it's a minor role. Weird that they're debuting it on a Sunday (presumably replacing cartoons) and then airing the next episode the next day on its regular timeslot :psyduck: It's like they want it to fail.

Palooka
Mar 13, 2005

MUST...WATCH...ALL...TV

Mu Zeta posted:

Yeah she's on it and will probably be doe-eyed and the worst thing about it, but who knows. On the flip side it's created by one of the guys that co-wrote the best episodes of Fringe, it stars Karl Urban, John Larroquette has a recurring role now and :awesomelon: FUTURE COPS :awesomelon: -- soooooo..maybe ok? I just hope it turns out more fun than overwrought.

I have an OP ready that I wrote up a bit ago. I'll probably post it next week or later since the premiere got pushed back to the 17th.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Yeah she's the last billed of principal cast though so I'm guessing it's a minor role. Weird that they're debuting it on a Sunday (presumably replacing cartoons) and then airing the next episode the next day on its regular timeslot :psyduck: It's like they want it to fail.

The want the premiere to have the football lead-in on Sunday.

CanceledTVShow
Mar 29, 2013

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

American Dad is getting delayed for the show so I hope it's worth it. I was fine with World Series because that happens to Animation Domination routinely every October but I don't like when pilots or special episodes of shows from other nights cut into the Sunday schedule. I'm accepting that American Dad on TBS may be an improvement.

Palooka posted:

:awesomelon: FUTURE COPS :awesomelon:

Robutt Cops!

CanceledTVShow fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Nov 3, 2013

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Palooka posted:

Karl Urban, John Larroquette

That's all I needed to hear. Dredd was a good flick and Urban not having much screentime was one of my bigger complaints about the new Star Trek.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Season 2 of The Genius isn't premiering until December 7. What a load of horseshit.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Tina Fey and Robert Carlock are coming back to NBC and they're bringing Ellie Kemper with them.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/31/nbc-greenlights-ellie-kemper-comedy-from-tina-fey/

Entertainment Weekly posted:

The network has ordered straight-to-series 13 episodes of new comedy for next fall. The series will center on a woman (Kemper) who “escapes from a doomsday cult and starts life over in New York City.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

DivisionPost posted:

Tina Fey and Robert Carlock are coming back to NBC and they're bringing Ellie Kemper with them.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/31/nbc-greenlights-ellie-kemper-comedy-from-tina-fey/

Kemper is consistently a delightful presence but she's done nothing to convince me she's ripe enough to lead a show.

• Locked thread