Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reflex
Aug 9, 2009

I'd rather laugh with the mudders than cry with the saints. The mudders are much more fun. Hoorah.

The Singing Chav posted:

Those shirts are pretty awesome but I don't know if they're forty loving dollars awesome.
Has anyone ever looked back on a concert tee purchase and said "I'm so glad I did that"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

reflex posted:

Has anyone ever looked back on a concert tee purchase and said "I'm so glad I did that"?

When I saw LCD soundsystem's last show I bought 2 shirts and still wear them. But those were awesome shirts.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
The shirt I got at My Morning Jacket's New Year's Eve show rules.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I bought a Godspeed You Black Emperor shirt at their show that I went to for like $30. At the merch table, it looked like they had two different shirts displayed. I liked one but didn't like the other. Turns out it was the same shirt, just the front and back of it. The part I didn't like was the front, but I still really liked the back so I bought it anyway because it's Godspeed You Black Emperor and when the hell am I gonna have another chance to buy a shirt at one of their shows? I got a large because that's the size I always wear in t-shirts, but when I got home and tried it on, it fit like a medium. I should've gotten an XL, the only XL I would've owned. I pretty much never wear it as a result :smith:

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
^^^ Yeah it'd be so much better if you were able to try on t-shirts at merchandise stands, proper fit and sizing is always a concern.

reflex posted:

Bought a double sided Radiohead t-shirt in 2008 made from some kind of special organic fabric. Still in great condition after 5 years.

Phantom Limb
Jun 30, 2005

blargh
My Daft Punk Alive 2007 shirt is awesome and fits perfectly.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I also bought a Deftones shirt at one of their shows. They only had XLs left in the design I wanted, so I got one thinking there was a chance it might work. Turned out it was wayyy too big for me. I gave it to my girlfriend and I think she uses it to sleep in now.

Every other shirt I've bought at shows has been fine, though.

OH. Except for the Sunny Day Real Estate shirt I bought at one of their reunion shows in Houston that I went to. It was the same deal as the Godspeed shirt. Bought a large and it ended up fitting like a medium so I almost never wear it aside from around the house sometimes.

I really haven't had the best luck with shirts at shows :negative:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
When I went to see Elton John a few years ago I decided the shirts at the venue were way too expensive and settled on a 10 dollar bootleg a guy in the parking lot was selling out of a trash bag full of shirts. I still wear that poo poo a lot, it's in perfect condition and I have yet to get any sort of rash from it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I really haven't had the best luck with shirts at shows :negative:

I went to go see Pelican and Doom Riders at a smallish place, Doom Riders opened and I was like poo poo that was a good show, I should buy one of their shirts, walk up to the merch table and a guy looks pretty excited and is talking to me...I'm like yeah, cool, can I get that Doom Riders shirt? And he looked kind of dejected and said he can only sell the Pelican stuff, I say oh alright wander off.

Later that night I realized that guy plays guitar for Pelican.

Still have that shirt.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I went to go see Pelican and Doom Riders at a smallish place, Doom Riders opened and I was like poo poo that was a good show, I should buy one of their shirts, walk up to the merch table and a guy looks pretty excited and is talking to me...I'm like yeah, cool, can I get that Doom Riders shirt? And he looked kind of dejected and said he can only sell the Pelican stuff, I say oh alright wander off.

Later that night I realized that guy plays guitar for Pelican.

Still have that shirt.
:lol:

I'm going to see Pelican for the second time next week, actually. I may buy one of their shirts at the show if they have anything interesting, but I already have one of their shirts from the City Of Echoes era that I bought from their web store in like 2008 and it still fits perfectly.

In fact, looks like they're still selling it! It's this one: http://pelican.merchtable.com/shirts-mens/crashed-ship-t-shirt

anything576
Sep 26, 2010
Kanye West's concert cancellations continue
http://www.vancouversun.com/touch/story.html?id=9104453

Why do you test my faith Yeezus?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Postponed indefinitely :smith:

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Sad face? How do you expect him to perform without his 60-ft circular LED screen?!

teen bear
Feb 19, 2006

Well, this ruins my Tuesday plans

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

I love Kanye's music but I swear to god he is such a goddamn baby.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
You could invert that say Kanye is being principled and his fans are being babies for whining about entertainment. Art has no obligations. He's not a slave to his fans.

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Stop. Drop. Shut 'em down open up shop.

teen bear posted:

Well, this ruins my Tuesday plans

You and mine both.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

temple posted:

Art has no obligations. He's not a slave to his fans.

Said every rapper whose next record caught a brick,yo.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

God drat it Canada.

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

Call Me Charlie posted:

Sad face? How do you expect him to perform without his 60-ft circular LED screen?!

To be fair, the way the show is presented today, it is absolutely essential.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
If I'd bought tickets, I'd be a little annoyed if I didn't get the whole experience. So long as he makes right by rescheduling I don't see what's wrong here.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
its more the fact that he's bailed TWICE.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Twice because of technical issues. Had no idea Kanye was a technological genius as well.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Oh ya man. Water bottles! Architecture !

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

KidDynamite posted:

Twice because of technical issues. Had no idea Kanye was a technological genius as well.

Listen, this is a man who wants to design a Jetsons movie. He can't even keep his monitors from cracking.
#JetsonsFAIL

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
picture of the truck that crashed got out. source: some fuckin tabloid

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Love that picture of Kanye up there. YEEZUS IS NOT PLEASED

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

He seems pretty cross, yeah

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Artisan trucking is absolute poo poo, haaahaha

In the touring industry it's pretty common to postpone a tour if any part of the staging is destroyed. Drivers in this industry are held to far higher standards than people who haul freight. Our insurance premiums are also absolute madness.

As the safety manager of a theatrical transportation company, this cracks me up.
As a Kanye fan who had tickets for a show, I'm a little put out.

E: Turns out it's the same driver who caused the KISS tour a while back to be postponed as well. This loving industry.

Also! I got a pair of really nice new headphones and Yeezus sounds so different when hearing the depths and layers of the production. So wonderful.

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Nov 4, 2013

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
He should ride into the next town on tour on a donkey

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I just want to know whether or not this week's shows will be postponed. I have tickets for the Chicago show on Thursday.

I wouldn't be angry if they move it, I'm just frustrated being in the dark. The show is in 3 days for yeezus' sake.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

I thought the whole tour was postponed indefinitely.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

Wachepti posted:

I thought the whole tour was postponed indefinitely.

That's what headlines like the Pitchfork article said, but then the actual article said it was just a few shows. Not sure where the dissonance there came in.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

http://pitchfork.com/news/52897-kanye-west-postpones-chicago-dates/

quote:

It seems that the problems plaguing Kanye West's Yeezus tour have yet to be resolved: Complex reports that his shows in Chicago on November 7 and November 9 have been postponed. His November 8 show in Columbus is still scheduled to take place.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW
A few months later, after all of the hype...

This album is in the trash.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Wow! You tell em!

Jam2
Jan 15, 2008

With Energy For Mayhem
Ye played CA. It was alright.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

numbs posted:

A few months later, after all of the hype...

This album is in the trash.

I tried giving it another few listens the other day hoping to change my mind and still think it's very underwhelming for a kanye album though i wouldnt call it trash...

Kid Gloves
Jul 31, 2013

by XyloJW
I've been liking it more and more actually. Bound 2 is one of the best Kanye songs ever imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local/chicago_news&id=9315911

Chicago shows have been rescheduled to December 17th and 18th. The Detroit show is now December 19th.

Vancouver, Denver, Columbus, Montreal, Minneapolis and St. Louis shows have been canceled.

• Locked thread