Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Holy Calamity! posted:

Well gently caress me, even in free roam? That's good to know. I thought you had to use the console interface and go to the players list there.

Yeah, Many of the options you'd want are in players menu. You can mute, rate people, commend and view their profile. No need to even use the guide pretty much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

The Fear posted:

Had fun tonight reppin 2F2F with taco!

:haw::respek::haw:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So on occasion I'll get a notification that I've leveled up in the Goon Street Crew. I think the last few times the game has called me a Facilitator or Jeff K. (which is awesome). I guess my question is if there's a ranking list or some kind of idea of a progression ladder here? Any actual benefits of this?

Also one of my new favorite things to do is to pick someone in a session who's obviously camping an LSC then set the highest bounty, contract mercs and then send a mugger after them. All from the comfort of my living room apartment. Then I sit back, tune in and watch the carnage!

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
How does the money stealing thing work? If I've just finished a survival and I spawn into free-roam with 20k in my pocket, how much of that is dropped if I get killed, and how much can other players steal?

Kameleon
Jan 11, 2006

gay for johnny deLOL BAT COUNTRY

my new dog posted:

How does the money stealing thing work? If I've just finished a survival and I spawn into free-roam with 20k in my pocket, how much of that is dropped if I get killed, and how much can other players steal?

It's broken, you can be carrying millions and all you'll drop is a couple hundred. Reckon they will patch this soon though and all sorts of new griefing will arise.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

AndyElusive posted:

So on occasion I'll get a notification that I've leveled up in the Goon Street Crew. I think the last few times the game has called me a Facilitator or Jeff K. (which is awesome). I guess my question is if there's a ranking list or some kind of idea of a progression ladder here? Any actual benefits of this?

Also one of my new favorite things to do is to pick someone in a session who's obviously camping an LSC then set the highest bounty, contract mercs and then send a mugger after them. All from the comfort of my living room apartment. Then I sit back, tune in and watch the carnage!

The difference between Facilitator and Jeff K is just that the game didn't load in the custom rank names and defaulted. As for crew level, you can poke around on the Social Club to see the unlocks you get for being a certain crew level (like you have to be a certain level to put the crew emblem on your car or unlock certain masks etc.) But mostly it's a tracker of how much you're repping that crew

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

ravenkult posted:

Cool racing today with a couple of goons.

Saucebox, you kept dropping out of the game, don't know what's up with that. Griefing just ain't the same without ya.

Thank you for that one win today Raven (NavyNerdMatt)

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
So, my character was also hit by the random beard glitching, as well as changing skin tones. It did change back to normal after I left online and came back.

This is what my character normally looks like in this photo with a magician at his day job.

any colour you like
Jul 19, 2006

Prying open my third eye

Aardmania posted:

This is what my character normally looks like in this photo with a magician at his day job.

I've met his friend

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Aardmania posted:

So, my character was also hit by the random beard glitching, as well as changing skin tones. It did change back to normal after I left online and came back.

This is the best bug and should never be fixed, knowing R* I'll get my wish.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
So I guess I'm going to have to swap races in bad sports lobby.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

El Hefe posted:

This is the best bug and should never be fixed, knowing R* I'll get my wish.
:siren: :siren: Legitimate fun alert! Patch incoming! :siren: :siren:

What does the Heavy Sniper do better apart from blow up cars by accident better?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Croccers posted:

:siren: :siren: Legitimate fun alert! Patch incoming! :siren: :siren:

What does the Heavy Sniper do better apart from blow up cars by accident better?
Always a kill no matter the location. You can knock a buzzard out of the air with a few hits, or blow it up instantly by hitting the rotor assembly 3 times or so. It also supposedly can kill tank drivers but I've not managed that yet.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

Thank you for that one win today Raven (NavyNerdMatt)

Sup bruh. I had to go eat dinner and watch Elementary.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Ack. Trying to do the garage glitch with a Buzzard and I think I broke it. I'm just stuck standing in the open garage door, unmoving, unresponding.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Populon posted:

Anybody that wants to do non super non criminal records races add TurdFergusonIIV on 360.
I just want to race offroaders and muscle cars and pubbies refuse to take place.

Adding you. I'm so sick of 30 second supercar races.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Heavy Sniper is like packing the full damage impact of a rocket into a hitscan scoped weapon, minus the additional effect of an actual explosion or any ability to autoaim.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
So I can use the Heavy Sniper for 360 No-scopes then? Actually, can you take the scope off the sniper rifles?

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Croccers posted:

So I can use the Heavy Sniper for 360 No-scopes then? Actually, can you take the scope off the sniper rifles?

Nope, the choices are Scope and Better Scope.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Croccers posted:

You can shoot before you bring the scope to your eye, but you cant take it off.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Athanatos posted:

You can shoot before you bring the scope to your eye, but you cant take it off.

Getting a no-scope headshot on a cop down the block just as he gets out of his car was really satisfying. Attempting to hold off anymore cops was a bit more unsuccessful.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Still haven't gotten the trick with putting a Buzzard in the garage, but I did finally pull it off with a Burrito! Proud of myself.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

ravenkult posted:

Sup bruh. I had to go eat dinner and watch Elementary.

It's cool. I had family come in to visit today, they got here after our third "big" race. They are gone now. I have beer and snacks, I'll be on all afternoon if you feel like racing again.

EDIT:

Im hosting the one lap "down the drain" supercar race on PS3.

Anyone up for some quick money making racing ? Add me, NavyNerdMatt

Bro Nerd Alpha fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Nov 2, 2013

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Athanatos posted:

If any of you weekend people want to take a shot

:siren: GTAV Scavenger Hunt II :siren:

Man that pumpkin patch took me forever to find.

email: theynh at gmail

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Croccers posted:

No, but you CAN snap-shot them occasionally if they're close. I've definitely dropped more than a few people by just pulling LT then RT with a sniper rifle, at pistol range.

Lotish posted:

Still haven't gotten the trick with putting a Buzzard in the garage, but I did finally pull it off with a Burrito! Proud of myself.

From a mission!? Where was it? Oh god I have wanted one. :ohdear:

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Hakarne posted:

I love my coquette, but it seems to be missing that slight edge that lets you win races. :( I always seem to wind up in second. What's the best sports car for racing? Preferably something that won't spin out when a pubbie looks at it funny.

Edit: And why the gently caress do they all love down the drain so much? I can kind of get criminal record since it's the closest to a real racetrack you can get, but DtD has those lovely cardboard boxes that have the mass of steel plating and gently caress up your car.
All the best Sports racers can spin out badly when you're pushing top speeds (Feltzer, 9F, Carbonizzare from best stability to worst), but the Elegy is pretty forgiving when it's fully upgraded so you could try that. The Coquette is disappointing because it just isn't fast enough in the right ways.

Those worthless cardboard boxes are one of the worst things in the entire game. They've cost me a win by themselves about 6 times :waycool:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

GNU Order posted:

The difference between Facilitator and Jeff K is just that the game didn't load in the custom rank names and defaulted. As for crew level, you can poke around on the Social Club to see the unlocks you get for being a certain crew level (like you have to be a certain level to put the crew emblem on your car or unlock certain masks etc.) But mostly it's a tracker of how much you're repping that crew

I've never been able to see this, at least on the website. It still says my crew rank is 1 with 0 RP even though I'm at level 35 and have always been part of the same crew.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Lotish posted:

Speaking of burritos, are the taco trucks present in online? I'd like to roll around dispensing hot-sauce on people...

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

TheRationalRedditor posted:

All the best Sports racers can spin out badly when you're pushing top speeds (Feltzer, 9F, Carbonizzare from best stability to worst), but the Elegy is pretty forgiving when it's fully upgraded so you could try that. The Coquette is disappointing because it just isn't fast enough in the right ways.

Those worthless cardboard boxes are one of the worst things in the entire game. They've cost me a win by themselves about 6 times :waycool:

This dude has the order of stability wrong.

The feltzer is excellent until the nose touches something. It spins out front frontal contact.
The carbonizarre tends to understeer unstead of oversteer (read: it refuses to turn), unless you're trying to brake while turning.
The 9F is far lighter than the other two. Anything less than smooth inputs will cause a spin, but it also has the tightest turning radius.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

TheRationalRedditor posted:

The best part about the boxes is when they don't pop in until you've already run the drat things off.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

coyo7e posted:

No, but you CAN snap-shot them occasionally if they're close. I've definitely dropped more than a few people by just pulling LT then RT with a sniper rifle, at pistol range.

From a mission!? Where was it? Oh god I have wanted one. :ohdear:

I loaded up Dirt Road to get a Bodhi, and didn't see it the first time, so I took the Burrito from behind the shop as a consolation prize.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Just had a thought... Armoring your car doesn't slow it down does it?

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

Scarf posted:

Speaking of burritos, are the taco trucks present in online? I'd like to roll around dispensing hot-sauce on people...

Yes, they are. They only seem to spawn in a few locations and around noon in-game time. I found mine just off the highway near Grapeseed, and I've made it one of my personal vehicles.

They are also huge pubbie magnets, because every time I drive it around town, it gets attacked.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
Was just cruising along the highway with some bros when a pubbie in a cargobob started bombing us with trucks and cars.

That thing needs to spawn regularly damnit

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I'd like some help finding a car. If one of you on PS3 happens across a Buccaneer, please add mr_dread so I can find you, then hold the car until I can join your session and get it from you.

In return I'll do the same for you if there's a particular car you're trying to find, or I will help you grind races or whatever else you'd like. I'll probably be on for a few hours (or all night because I am a loser))

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

titties posted:

I'd like some help finding a car. If one of you on PS3 happens across a Buccaneer, please add mr_dread so I can find you, then hold the car until I can join your session and get it from you.

In return I'll do the same for you if there's a particular car you're trying to find, or I will help you grind races or whatever else you'd like. I'll probably be on for a few hours (or all night because I am a loser))

They spawn at simeon docks a lot. So does Phoenixes if that's your thing

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

THE MACHO MAN posted:

Was just cruising along the highway with some bros when a pubbie in a cargobob started bombing us with trucks and cars.

That thing needs to spawn regularly damnit

I pretty much stopped playing once I got out of cargobob spawn range. rip.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Pickled Kittens posted:

This dude has the order of stability wrong.

The feltzer is excellent until the nose touches something. It spins out front frontal contact.
The carbonizarre tends to understeer unstead of oversteer (read: it refuses to turn), unless you're trying to brake while turning.
The 9F is far lighter than the other two. Anything less than smooth inputs will cause a spin, but it also has the tightest turning radius.
This is not at all congruent with my experiences with each of these 3 fully upgraded cars. The Carb doesn't understeer at all, you simply can't gas while turning effectively. I do a ton of bumping with the Feltzer as well.

The only thing I actually agree with you is that the 9F has the smallest turning radius, because that's objectively undeniable. It also fishtails more severely than both other vehicles if handled roughly.

Doomsday Jesus posted:

The best part about the boxes is when they don't pop in until you've already run the drat things off.
And how! Ever shoot 12 feet straight up into the air out of the seat of your motorcycle for no discernible reason? Well,

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I'm having trouble insuring glitched-in vehicles even after following the steps. They show up as my personal vehicles on the map, but when they get destroyed, I get a message saying I probably should have insured them. Any tips?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

ElwoodCuse posted:

I've never been able to see this, at least on the website. It still says my crew rank is 1 with 0 RP even though I'm at level 35 and have always been part of the same crew.

Same. I'm level 59 but Social Club tells me I'm Crew Rank 1. Tells me all the crew unlocks are still locked (they're not locked in game) and I'm not even in the Crew Rankings.

Well whatever, it's not like this has any bearing on any of the fun I'm having but it would be cool to check out some updated and current stats.

• Locked thread