Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

beatlegs posted:

What kind of filming technique is this?

Hard to say, but it looks like the film was stabilized around the motion of the little branch after the fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Krinkle posted:

I can't stop noticing that first chop she does is blade-sideways against the cut (for wind resistance?)

I imagine its so the sharper 'lose-your-fingers' edge isn't what's spinning perpendicular to her hand as she makes the grab.

e: still imagine it would cause more of a problem if it hit on the tapered edge instead of the flat.

Or maybe I'm being too generous I dunno.

Ron Paul Atreides has a new favorite as of 07:43 on Nov 2, 2013

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
I doubt that has an edge

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

Where is this from? It's interesting how the cops don't really seem to be there to stop anything. Maybe just a police presence thing.

Cool either way.

E: Duh, bobby helmets and the sign in the background. London Olympics right?

ee: vv oh didn't think of it that way. That's really smart crowd management.

Ron Paul Atreides has a new favorite as of 08:00 on Nov 2, 2013

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

those cops are acting exactly like those water breaker things on a dam. People have to go between the horse cops and then move left or right to go between the next row of cops. That breaks up any dangerous momentum that the crowd as a whole might have built up and prevents people from getting trampled by their peers like us Americans do at Wal-Mart every Black Friday. Smart.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Samurai Quack posted:

Where is this from? It's interesting how the cops don't really seem to be there to stop anything. Maybe just a police presence thing.

Cool either way.

It's 80,000 people leaving Wembley Stadium, according to this (which has the full gif).

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Loco posted:

Where are the Halloween gifs?

This looks real, what's the story man?

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Zeether posted:

Yes, it is. The intro is loving awesome, even with the 90's era CGI.

Holy crap that is really cool.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Away all Goats posted:

Hah, love that cheeky smile he gives

Awww those kitties need some belly pets.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

Dreadwroth posted:

A Hamster had a glass/plastic eye in his mouth, and spit it out. The End.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Dreadwroth posted:

It's not, it used to be a hamster yawning, and someone edited it to include that spooky eyebawl.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Samurai Quack posted:

Cool either way.

ee: vv oh didn't think of it that way. That's really smart crowd management.

They turn the horses perpendicular to the flow of people to regulate the crowd flow, too, but I can't find a gif of it so here goes a video: http://vimeo.com/60500444

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

How mice are born

Forti
May 5, 2009

Dreadwroth posted:

Are you actually serious

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Forti posted:

Are you actually serious

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Vorgen posted:

That breaks up any dangerous momentum that the crowd as a whole might have built up and prevents people from getting trampled by their peers like us Americans do at Wal-Mart every Black Friday. Smart.
It's a crowd crush (which the news keeps calling trampling because they're dumb), and I'm almost completely certain it happened only once on Black Friday. But yeah - if you allow too large a crowd to walk forward in a straight line, and the people in front have to stop for some reason, the pile up can literally suffocate the people in front if you don't do something to break crowd momentum.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

pee air
May 8, 2007

This is not my personal opinion.

theflyingorc posted:

It's a crowd crush (which the news keeps calling trampling because they're dumb), and I'm almost completely certain it happened only once on Black Friday. But yeah - if you allow too large a crowd to walk forward in a straight line, and the people in front have to stop for some reason, the pile up can literally suffocate the people in front if you don't do something to break crowd momentum.

Maybe they call it trampling because the Black Friday incident was a result of a guy getting knocked down and then stepped on by hundreds of people which is, you know, the definition of trampling.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

pee air posted:

Maybe they call it trampling because the Black Friday incident was a result of a guy getting knocked down and then stepped on by hundreds of people which is, you know, the definition of trampling.
That was a false flag operation!!

Forti
May 5, 2009

E: Hmm, source? Is there a source for this? Please tell me there is a video. Does anyone have source? Mods?

ohnorobot
Nov 24, 2006

10> OH
20> NO
30> GOTO 10

Forti posted:

E: Hmm, source? Is there a source for this? Please tell me there is a video. Does anyone have source? Mods?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPeNpkV08wk arts and crafts!

Forti
May 5, 2009

Hmm, source?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

pee air posted:

It wasn't actually. He was crushed against the side of the entranceway to that Walmart, I can try to dig up the article I read on crowd crushes if you'd like.

edit: It's a very interesting read here.

quote:

The coroner’s report did not mention any bruises, fractures, or internal injuries, as it would have if he’d been trampled to death; the cause of death was listed as asphyxia.

theflyingorc has a new favorite as of 23:46 on Nov 2, 2013

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

EdibleBodyParts
Dec 27, 2005
Body Parts...that are edible
I love that, if you are looking closely, you can totally see the legs of the guy in the suit separate from the dino legs, but fat chance of noticing that when it comes after you.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Tanaka's brother?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I like that the horror movie cliche of people stumbling and falling over while being chased by a monster is real.

Speaking of horror...

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Say Nothing posted:

I like that the horror movie cliche of people stumbling and falling over while being chased by a monster is real.

Speaking of horror...

Jesus loving christ, could you imagine how lovely that guy would have felt if the shark got him?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Say Nothing posted:

Speaking of horror...

Where's the other clip, you know the one where he loving murders that guy.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
My favorite part is the very end where you see the dino guy stumble on the dropped bag.

And holy poo poo that shark one. :magical: I wanna know what happens. Got a source?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

kinmik posted:

My favorite part is the very end where you see the dino guy stumble on the dropped bag.

And holy poo poo that shark one. :magical: I wanna know what happens. Got a source?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP-29LL5tGs

Everybody laughs like crazy people for a few minutes and the guy slowly realizes how close that shark came.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Speaking of horror...

What the gently caress is wrong with that guy, Jesus Christ.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

uPen posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP-29LL5tGs

Everybody laughs like crazy people for a few minutes and the guy slowly realizes how close that shark came.

Why are they laughing at almost accidentally killing their friend.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

One of my friends almost fell off the balcony of a hotel on the 20th story and would have if we hadn't pulled him up. We laughed a lot about that too. Then again we didn't push him off in the first place like those assholes.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

theflyingorc posted:

Laughter is a very effective coping mechanism for almost everything, including being a giant shitheel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Say Nothing posted:

Speaking of horror...

That a pretty big shark too Jesus christ :stare:

• Locked thread