Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Those hosts are dumb as hell: why would any English kid ever have sent his name in or even seen that show? Regardless, muh on, little Prinz!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

scourgeofthe7bees posted:

Those hosts are dumb as hell: why would any English kid ever have sent his name in or even seen that show? Regardless, muh on, little Prinz!

They didn't know Africa existed.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Fuckin' hell, see you guys next week on Tuesday.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
1860 are so poo poo its unreal.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Death by Dresden!

It's bad. We just blankly stared at the TV for 90 minutes straight. No reason to get involved any more.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Cart Cam posted:

So what are the odds that FC Nürnberg stay up?
Reply hazy, try again later

Seriously, it's hard to say right now. The last two games already showed improvement, but the results are not yet here. A key point is to finally get rid of our chronic disability to finish.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

Adulterous Hitler posted:

I am so drat glad I slept in because boy howdy, that game was a shitshow.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Guardian just put up their interview with Klopp and it has this quote which I love:

Jurgen Klopp posted:

Klopp peppers the conversation with tennis references. He was not impressed when his own meltdown at the fourth official that saw him sent off in the Champions League defeat at Napoli in September was attributed, in some quarters, to the pressure he felt. "No, I make this loving face when I play tennis. That's the truth."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/03/borussia-dortmund-jurgen-klopp-arsenal

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

scourgeofthe7bees posted:

tbf Boateng sounds a lot like that common British name "Boting"

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

First team in 14 months to lose to Dynamo at home. That's special right there (though much appreciated :)).

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
please add my kicktipps

bayern win 0:2
leverkusen lose 2:1

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Uli Hoeneß seems to be on a fast track for a conviction for tax evasion. It is scandalous that he still has a job.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Torrannor posted:

Uli Hoeneß seems to be on a fast track for a conviction for tax evasion. It is scandalous that he still has a job.

http://www.der-postillon.com/2013/11/fc-bayern-munchen-verpflichtet-junges.html

:D

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

sassassin posted:

Why are loan players allowed to play against their parent club in germany?

Oh yea I forgot to add to that, the guy who scored the 1-0 for Braunschweig this weekend (which was also the final result) is, in fact, a Leverkusen player on loan, so he hosed his team over pretty well. So I guess loan players are allowed to play against their parent club because it's a sport and lol if you think they'd dare to play like poo poo just to suck up to their original team.

ABen
Jul 11, 2008

Look - we need to have a stiff upper lip about this Black Death business.

So, I just moved to München about two weeks ago. Are there any bars in particular to watch Bundesliga/Champions League games or should I just wander down the street until I see a Sky sign on the outside of a bar? Planning on seeing Arsenal/Dortmund tonight.

I'm up in the Feldmoching area, if that makes a difference (though I'll be moving in just south of Moosach in December, so any tips down there would be appreciated).

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
For any kind of sports event I really like Kennedy's in the center (Sendlinger Tor, to be exact). Yeah, it's an Irish Pub but they have several big screens in there showing different games. Food's nice as well, drinks are a bit on the pricey side.

Ninjaedit: For a Bayern game, be sure to at least once go to Bergwolf in the Klenzestraße. That's pretty cool as well!

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Dortmund - Arsenal is going to be broadcast on ZDF, in HD even, for free (generally one of the Wednesday games will be on free TV unless there's only one German team left).

But you might be looking for a pundit that is not Bela Rethy.

Fake edit: also gently caress SwiftKey for making posting in this thread hell.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

ABen posted:

So, I just moved to München about two weeks ago. Are there any bars in particular to watch Bundesliga/Champions League games or should I just wander down the street until I see a Sky sign on the outside of a bar? Planning on seeing Arsenal/Dortmund tonight.

I'm up in the Feldmoching area, if that makes a difference (though I'll be moving in just south of Moosach in December, so any tips down there would be appreciated).
Stadion an der Schleißheimer Straße
http://www.stadionanderschleissheimerstrasse.de/

ABen
Jul 11, 2008

Nice, right on the U2 as well. I'll head down there tonight and check out other options in the future. Good to know about ZDF as well.

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

frankenfreak posted:

Reply hazy, try again later

Seriously, it's hard to say right now. The last two games already showed improvement, but the results are not yet here. A key point is to finally get rid of our chronic disability to finish.

Agreeing with this...for some reason, we're always absolute poo poo before the winter break, and get good enough to pull off 8th-10th place by the end of the year. Last year's downward spiral at the end was Wiesinger's fault, and although we *are* playing much better football pretty much immediately after getting Verbeek, we're still struggling with residuals from Wiesinger combined with Verbeek's experimentation with lineups and systems to see how the team meshes. Not to mention, we've been incredibly unlucky with posts (and really stupid mistakes on defense) lately. :gonk:

Brighterday
Jun 25, 2005

Katana Gomai posted:

Oh yea I forgot to add to that, the guy who scored the 1-0 for Braunschweig this weekend (which was also the final result) is, in fact, a Leverkusen player on loan, so he hosed his team over pretty well. So I guess loan players are allowed to play against their parent club because it's a sport and lol if you think they'd dare to play like poo poo just to suck up to their original team.

Surely the ban for loan payers rule is to protect the (usually young) player from irrational fans, irrational future team members and irrational club owners (I'm a Chels fan I know all about it). Maybe it also maintains the highest integrity of the game since the loan player might have mixed feelings (subconsciously pulls out of a 50/50) which helps him not have to worry about it and makes sure the game is 100% competitive.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Police in Hannover found a pig with a H96 scarf and some 'decorations' roaming the city :D

http://www.haz.de/Nachrichten/Sport/Fussball/Hannover-96/Polizei-faengt-Schwein-mit-96-Fanschal

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES
Probably a Hamburg fan. :downsrim:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Nope, I think their rivals from Braunschweing are just projecting a bit.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

ABen posted:

Nice, right on the U2 as well. I'll head down there tonight and check out other options in the future. Good to know about ZDF as well.

How did it go?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I'm still trying to get Bayern tickets :colbert:

Maybe December...

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

frankenfreak posted:

Nope, I think their rivals from Braunschweing are just projecting a bit.

Are we certain it wasn't a frankfurter? Mit senf?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Schweinsteiger has to undergo ankle surgery again. :negative:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
The amount of injuries we have this year is ridiculous.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Dunban posted:

The amount of injuries we have this year is ridiculous.

Also the amount of players that can fill those gaps without a significant drop in quality.

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

It's kind of a long story.
Yeah, Javi got back just in time and Thiago should be back soon as well? And even then there'd still be Lahm.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Also the amount of players that can fill those gaps without a significant drop in quality.

True enough, but even our squad is reaching its limit now.
We can still field 11 excellent players..but our bench isn't looking so hot right now. We basically have no attacking midfielders or strikers left as subs.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Is it wrong that I like Bayern and Dortmund?

Dortmunds play style has me happy but Bayern is just Class.

I know they are rivals but I can't help it :ohdear:

ABen
Jul 11, 2008

Went well! I showed up a bit late, since I wasn't expecting many people for a Dortmund game (in München), but people inside told me to ignore the "no room" sign on the door and cram myself in.

I'll definitely be going back, but probably showing up a lot earlier...

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Soulex posted:

Yes.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I feel so dirty

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Better to have this over with now, get him fit in time for the rest of the season and the WC.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
wrong thread

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Soulex posted:

Dortmunds play style has me happy but Bayern is just Class.

I know they are rivals but I can't help it :ohdear:

Liking Dortmund is never wrong, as long as you don't like Schalke as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Torrannor posted:

Liking Dortmund is never wrong, as long as you don't like Schalke as well.

It actually always is.

• Locked thread