Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Dravs posted:

Can somebody link the post that had the spreadsheets in it that were made regarding which cars can have which mods? And maybe put it in the OP? It is super useful and now I can't find it anywhere! :smith:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AlAywQHOmmOsdGJaa0I4QnVaVmdtdmlxM1JUUk12dVE&output=html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

I'm in love with this car. :allears:

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
dnbenjamin and I (cashcamden99) did that mission where you have to kill the witness holed up at Fort Zacudo...it's hysterically difficult. First you have to get over the fence, then after three tries we shot the plane down with the witness and that STILL wasn't the end. Somehow, shooting down the plane didn't kill him and end the mission. You had to turn around and go after the DA.

Sorry I had to bail - my son woke up from his nap. I was ready to keep trying until we beat that loving thing!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

HP Artsandcrafts posted:

I'm in love with this car. :allears:

Me too! I just got one and started modifying it, currently (and probably permanently) I have it painted a lovely shade of flat primer grey. I need to get a bunch more levels so I can get the supercharger poking up through the hood.

I also need a bunch more stupid race wins so I can get some more upgrades to the engine and turbo. :smith:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I was about to win a gang war I started by myself and just got the message "you were kicked from this GTA Online session by other players, please return to gtav'" did everyone really vote on kicking me or is this a timeout message?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Kelly posted:

dnbenjamin and I (cashcamden99) did that mission where you have to kill the witness holed up at Fort Zacudo...it's hysterically difficult. First you have to get over the fence, then after three tries we shot the plane down with the witness and that STILL wasn't the end. Somehow, shooting down the plane didn't kill him and end the mission. You had to turn around and go after the DA.

Sorry I had to bail - my son woke up from his nap. I was ready to keep trying until we beat that loving thing!

When you do this mission, drive out to Sandy Shores airstrip. There's two Lazer fighter jets sitting on the airstrip for you to use, and then all you have to do is fly over Zancudo and lock-on missiles ont he plane then turn out over the highway and lock on missiles to the DA's car.

The game never explicitly tells you this, but I found this out when I was trying to get there hoping I could grab a heli.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

Nuts and Gum posted:

I was about to win a gang war I started by myself and just got the message "you were kicked from this GTA Online session by other players, please return to gtav'" did everyone really vote on kicking me or is this a timeout message?

This has been happening to my brother constantly the last week or so. It has gotten so bad he doesn't even want to play anymore. I didn't know you could kick other players and have no idea how to do it.

Also, how do you turn auto aim on/off? I can't seem to find it in the menus.

Jokerfish
May 3, 2007

Bait Master

I'm having some bad luck tonight getting into races that aren't "allow custom vehicles". If someone wants to take turns trading race wins and unlock some upgrades I'm on right now. PSN: Jokerfish. Friend me and we'll get started.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
It's still the generic timeout message. It's probably just bad luck / a bad connection.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Kelly posted:

Really? I ramped up that one hill, drove straight towards the witness's plane, sticky bombed it, spun around and grabbed a jet. Took off, shook my wanted level, killed the DA. Landed on the freeway, picked up the case, took off again, then for shits and giggles ejected and parachuted right onto Martin's driveway. First try :clint:.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Fooley posted:

Really? I ramped up that one hill, drove straight towards the witness's plane, sticky bombed it, spun around and grabbed a jet. Took off, shook my wanted level, killed the DA. Landed on the freeway, picked up the case, took off again, then for shits and giggles ejected and parachuted right onto Martin's driveway. First try :clint:.

Show off!

Install Windows posted:

When you do this mission, drive out to Sandy Shores airstrip. There's two Lazer fighter jets sitting on the airstrip for you to use, and then all you have to do is fly over Zancudo and lock-on missiles ont he plane then turn out over the highway and lock on missiles to the DA's car.

The game never explicitly tells you this, but I found this out when I was trying to get there hoping I could grab a heli.

Thanks for the advice - now I'll know next time to just head to Trevor's airstrip.

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

ReverendDre posted:

I used this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yGElLHdkEI

Tanks spawned immediately about half the time for me. The other times I had to fire on Jeeps and wait out the wanted level a couple times before they started to show up. Be careful driving it back to town as cars and cops will randomly speed into you and get blown-up getting you a 2-3 star almost immediately

Unfortunately I've tried this many times and it has not spawned a single tank. Also going on the base with 4 stars hasn't spawned a tank either. Any ideas to make this work better or other ways to get a tank without spending 1.5 million?

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

BaconAndBullets posted:

Unfortunately I've tried this many times and it has not spawned a single tank. Also going on the base with 4 stars hasn't spawned a tank either. Any ideas to make this work better or other ways to get a tank without spending 1.5 million?

Yeah, change spawn location to "last location" and then drop to single player, start new invite only session and you'll land near that spot (sometimes on the other side of the base though which is a pain). It took me many tries to get one all the way back to town between the non-spawns and picking up stars on the way home. Also the time I neglected to go invite only and some pubbie shot me down while I was trying to glitch in the tank.

e: they also seemed to be more frequent during the day time, but not for certain

Reb
Sep 13, 2002

"...But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."
So what's a legit way to make money to be able to buy the million dollar cars? I dropped 50k on ammo the other night and that wasn't all of my ammo to full. Did 3 jobs in about an hour or so, earned only 20k (12k, 3.5k, 4.5k). The 12k job if done again after will only be worth 6k. I don't mind ammo costing so much, but compared to the earnings you get, it's bullshit.

Lets even say I manage to get 15k after ammo needs doing jobs for 1 hour. That's 100 hours work for a 1.5m million car... At this point, the only people able to afford that poo poo are ones that play non stop, or people that glitched the selling cars thing or replayed the easy missions over and over. Races, sure, you can get 13k for winning. but in a 16 person race, there's only 1 winner and 15 losers...

Usually takes 10 minutes for a 2 minute racing, with loading times, inviting, waiting for all the people to Finnish after, more loading and again, you have to be first to get tat 13k. second place is another name for lower as you don't get anything towards your winning stat or to opening up upgrades for wining a race and only getting half of what the winner got.

Heists better be worth while. I'm sure they'll be fun, but if they are too expensive to set up or don't pay up enough, I don't think I'll bother after that.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Reb posted:

So what's a legit way to make money to be able to buy the million dollar cars? I dropped 50k on ammo the other night and that wasn't all of my ammo to full. Did 3 jobs in about an hour or so, earned only 20k (12k, 3.5k, 4.5k). The 12k job if done again after will only be worth 6k. I don't mind ammo costing so much, but compared to the earnings you get, it's bullshit.

Lets even say I manage to get 15k after ammo needs doing jobs for 1 hour. That's 100 hours work for a 1.5m million car... At this point, the only people able to afford that poo poo are ones that play non stop, or people that glitched the selling cars thing or replayed the easy missions over and over. Races, sure, you can get 13k for winning. but in a 16 person race, there's only 1 winner and 15 losers...

Usually takes 10 minutes for a 2 minute racing, with loading times, inviting, waiting for all the people to Finnish after, more loading and again, you have to be first to get tat 13k. second place is another name for lower as you don't get anything towards your winning stat or to opening up upgrades for wining a race and only getting half of what the winner got.

Heists better be worth while. I'm sure they'll be fun, but if they are too expensive to set up or don't pay up enough, I don't think I'll bother after that.

Its easy to tell that they turned it into a grind and it really sucks because there are a lot of fun game modes and missions that don't get played because people don't feel like they pay out enough and in actuality sometimes they even hurt you considering that you have to buy your own ammo.

That is probably why so many people are doing the car glitching, because quite honestly, it is very boring but they seem to keep neutering legit ways of making money that you would have to be a fool not to glitch.

As for an answer to your question, it is going to take a while to legit make money no matter how you slice it since that is near what the most expensive cars cost.

Before the patch I would say Base Invaders over and over but now, I don't know.

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum
Find a buddy and do Criminal Records races until you can't stand it anymore. You make probably $50k/hr that way, and will level up pretty quick. It just gets super boring.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Reb posted:

If you're basically ready to just throw in the towel, why not glitch? No worries for money and you get to just focus on the most fun parts of the game. And with how many people are glitching, the worst that could happen is rockstar removing any glitched cash (not happening).

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

50k on ammo??? for fucks sake how much ammo are you using during a mission. You can knock over a store and get enough money for ammo to last you a day. I just don't get this whine at all. Grenade launcher ammo is annoying and expensive but apart from that (I don't know about minigun/rocket launcher but guessing it's similar to GL) how the gently caress are you not making enough to cover the basic ammo costs with significant profits.

There are real problems with this game but poo poo like this are just beyond the pale.

Reb
Sep 13, 2002

"...But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."

blackguy32 posted:

Its easy to tell that they turned it into a grind and it really sucks because there are a lot of fun game modes and missions that don't get played because people don't feel like they pay out enough and in actuality sometimes they even hurt you considering that you have to buy your own ammo.

That is probably why so many people are doing the car glitching, because quite honestly, it is very boring but they seem to keep neutering legit ways of making money that you would have to be a fool not to glitch.

As for an answer to your question, it is going to take a while to legit make money no matter how you slice it since that is near what the most expensive cars cost.

Before the patch I would say Base Invaders over and over but now, I don't know.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're aiming for people to buy their money, but gently caress that. I'm pretty sure that this is the answer. I mean, you don't have to buy the sports cars and what not. But there's also planes that you can get and boats, but they cost a lot too. Doing some mission that now rewards 1k when you probably dropped $500 of ammo on it depending is retarded. The whole "This is to keep the game balanced as well as encourage the exploration of new missions and content in the game,” is bullshit.

There's like 50 missions maybe and at least half of them start out paying poo poo money. It's not even about that maybe people suck and it takes you longer to do this mission but also the loading times before and after missions add to that. I've once had a mission open for almost 10 minutes and not a single person joined. Not that I was sitting around waiting for people, But their inviting and joining people seems to be not functioning as it should. It seems to only select a certain amount of people. Anyone looking to join a mission should be popped into my lobby. Even if there is a queue because others are also open to "join random mission" thing. I just can't believe that for 10 minutes no one popped in.

Again, not disputing spending money on poo poo, but drat if it's a grind as hell to get there. The payouts are bullshit and once they close all exploits to make money and if heists won't pay out enough, I doubt many will stick around besides logging in twice a month for an hour or two for a bit of fun here and there.

lemonadesweetheart posted:

50k on ammo??? for fucks sake how much ammo are you using during a mission. You can knock over a store and get enough money for ammo to last you a day. I just don't get this whine at all. Grenade launcher ammo is annoying and expensive but apart from that (I don't know about minigun/rocket launcher but guessing it's similar to GL) how the gently caress are you not making enough to cover the basic ammo costs with significant profits.

There are real problems with this game but poo poo like this are just beyond the pale.

I'm not saying I use that amount of ammo any time soon. It lasts a good while when you have 8k rounds for some weapons. The overall point was that a lot of missions actually make you less money then what they say they do simply because of what you spend on it. Having enough ammo is not a problem. The overall point I have is that even if you didn't spend any money on ammo, the amount of income you make per hour doing legit ways of making money, it will take you a poo poo load of time to be able to afford anything. And that's just for one item. Oh I want 1.5 million sports car and a private jet worth the same. At 3 million dollars, even if you were earning 50k per hour, you'd be looking at 60 hours to be able to buy that...

And that's if you go and grind the hell out of stuff, not to mention that it';ll take longer because you're also dropping money on other stuff and screwing around in free roam or with friends here and there. They locked out the ability to just be able toe steal anything you want, and then made it not hard, but just take a lot of time to be able to get some cool items.

santanotreal posted:

If you're basically ready to just throw in the towel, why not glitch? No worries for money and you get to just focus on the most fun parts of the game. And with how many people are glitching, the worst that could happen is rockstar removing any glitched cash (not happening).

I did that, just enough to get a 391k apartment and I don't care what others say as I had a level 15 character deleted and then had to stop playing for 2 weeks because what's the point if your character can get deleted at any point. I'm looking towards heading to do that again, because honestly, I can't be hosed to grind for 200 hours just to be able to have access to some cool items. I hope that heists actually give a decent payout. Otherwise, even though online is fun, I don't think I really care to grind that much.

Reb fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Nov 4, 2013

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Reb posted:

Get actually good at racing, the money is solid compared to everything else.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Unless they changed it the best way to make money is to steal the lawyer's car from Out of Court Settlement and sell it at the shop for $22,000. Get a garage full of them, and now you have $200k sitting in your garage that you can flip within a day to LCS. Do it for a week and you officially have the Adder.

I went from $5,000 (after buying a lambo) to over a million doing just that and it wasn't that grueling. It takes roughly 5 minutes to start Out of Court Settlement, drive to the lawyer, shoot him in the back of the head at a red light, steal the car and deliver it to your garage before cops see you, the finally kill yourself so you get to "Replay" the mission. 30 minutes later you have $200,000 in your garage. Then just gently caress around on a server for fun knowing that you don't need to do Gerald's bullshit to make money in the game.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

I don't think the getting people to try out new missions thing is bullshit, but they definitely went about it the wrong way. People play Base Invaders, Mixed Up with Coke, and Rooftop Rumble because they pay well and don't take much time. The solution to that isn't to nerf the payouts though, it would be to make the other missions worth the amount of time and effort that it takes to do them. Missions like Cop Capacity are a slog and annoying as hell to while still only paying out a meager amount of money to complete.

Other modes really are fun, but some of them, like crooked cop, want you to buy your own ammo and depending on how long the match goes, it can get pricey which really can sometimes actually mean you spent money to play the mode. Rockstar really needs to increase the payouts on some of the competitive game modes.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

blackguy32 posted:

Missions like Cop Capacity are a slog and annoying as hell to while still only paying out a meager amount of money to complete.

Except that the car you get to keep at the end of Cops Capacity also sells for a wad of cash when it's over, like the car from Out of Court Settlement..

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Cops Capacity badly needs the ability to have like 8 players on it at once.

Reb
Sep 13, 2002

Bubba Smith posted:

Unless they changed it the best way to make money is to steal the lawyer's car from Out of Court Settlement and sell it at the shop for $22,000. Get a garage full of them, and now you have $200k sitting in your garage that you can flip within a day to LCS. Do it for a week and you officially have the Adder.

Might as well just do the car selling glitch at that point then.

blackguy32 posted:

I don't think the getting people to try out new missions thing is bullshit, but they definitely went about it the wrong way.

Other modes really are fun, but some of them, like crooked cop, want you to buy your own ammo and depending on how long the match goes, it can get pricey which really can sometimes actually mean you spent money to play the mode. Rockstar really needs to increase the payouts on some of the competitive game modes.

Pretty much. Getting missions that pay out $1000 and take up $200 in ammo and 10 minutes in time... Simeons missions pay out so poo poo that I avoid the hell out of him. And "missions" where it's player vs player can get very expensive, using bombs expanding a shitload of ammo and then losing anyway and getting nothing or close to it...

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

BitBasher posted:

Except that the car you get to keep at the end of Cops Capacity also sells for a wad of cash when it's over, like the car from Out of Court Settlement..

Yeah, but if you are going to go that route, you would be better off doing out of court settlement.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I can never find my Goons doing Goony things anymore, it makes me sad.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Reb posted:

Might as well just do the car selling glitch at that point then.

Not that I expect Rockstar to do anything to the glitchers, but the car selling glitch is to make a ridiculous amount of money in a short time. Doing the Out of Court Settlement flipping doesn't raise nearly as much suspicion since you're only able to sell one of those cars every 2 hours or so. Instead of getting 5 million in a few hours you only get a hundred thousand. And it's not as game breaking as the car glitching.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

blackguy32 posted:

Yeah, but if you are going to go that route, you would be better off doing out of court settlement.

That's true, but since you can't pick missions you do whatever the best option is that it gives you.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

So basically anyone with "666" in their gamer tag is a confirmed dipshit.

Reb
Sep 13, 2002

Bubba Smith posted:

Not that I expect Rockstar to do anything to the glitchers, but the car selling glitch is to make a ridiculous amount of money in a short time. Doing the Out of Court Settlement flipping doesn't raise nearly as much suspicion since you're only able to sell one of those cars every 2 hours or so. Instead of getting 5 million in a few hours you only get a hundred thousand. And it's not as game breaking as the car glitching.

So many people most likely doing this, I doubt it matters too much. Wouldn't doing that car thing that allows you to sell one ever 48 minutes also be considered an exploit?

Pleatherface
Oct 24, 2004
Wowwee is the bad sport lobby ever a harsh punishment for defending myself against marauding jerks. Two days seems really severe.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Reb posted:

So many people most likely doing this, I doubt it matters too much. Wouldn't doing that car thing that allows you to sell one ever 48 minutes also be considered an exploit?

Yes but it's not as excessive as the car selling glitch. You don't even play the game that abnormally to do it.

I'm 99% sure Rockstar is aware of people doing the Out of Car Settlement exploit and if they wanted to fix it all they would have to do is hotfix the value of that car from $22,000 to $5,000 or less. That may very well happen with the next title update. But to fix the car selling glitch they're gonna have to work out a few parts.

We're in agreement that punishment seems unlikely for both, but the car selling glitch is what really fucks them over. Nobody has made tens of millions selling the Felon GT every 48 minutes.

Bubba Smith fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Nov 4, 2013

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

For the record I would be surprised if there are no eventual consequences for glitch abusing. It's really not a viable business model to plan on having this as the product they plan to support for years into the future and allow behavior of this nature to run rampant. They need to send a message after the back end is nailed down, or they are loving themselves and their future hope for income.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Nov 4, 2013

Reb
Sep 13, 2002

Bubba Smith posted:

Yes but it's not as excessive as the car selling glitch. You don't even play the game that abnormally to do it.

I'm 99% sure Rockstar is aware of people doing the Out of Car Settlement exploit and if they wanted to fix it all they would have to do is hotfix the value of that car from $22,000 to $5,000 or less. That may very well happen with the next title update. But to fix the car selling glitch they're gonna have to work out a few parts.

We're in agreement that punishment seems unlikely for both, but the car selling glitch is what really fucks them over. Nobody has made tens of millions selling the Felon GT every 48 minutes.

Yeah, most likely they'll make the car worth less or just not to be able to garage it. Either way, the problem with the game is they are offering cars and other items & upgrades for over 1 million, where as getting even half of that is such a god damned chore.

BitBasher posted:

For the record I would be surprised if there are no eventual consequences for glitch abusing. It's really not a viable business model to plan on having this as the product they plan to support for years into the future and allow behavior of this nature to run rampant. They need to send a message after the back end is nailed down, or they are loving themselves and their future hope for income.

People will buy money, but they are idiots for doing so. If they sold vanity items like some other games, just some fun off to the side items. That'd be OK. I might even buy one or two to support them. Instead, they want to sell game money for real money, which is fine. But not to the point of nerfing anything in game to make the money while spending time on it so that you spend 60 hours just to be able to afford a 1.5 million car. I'd rather pay the $15 to get the 2 million or what ever it is.

But I'm not going to drop real money on the game just because there's no viable proper way to make decent money while playing. Hell, even before they nerfed missions to half their payout, I would say they were very border line if not already underpaying compared to expenses and item values. Sure, get good at races is fine, but if that's where the money is and everyone says gently caress this and all get good... then there will still be 15 losers and only one winner in a 16 man race. Hell all it takes is one bad rub to end up in last place.

Reb fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Nov 4, 2013

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
Is there a timer or trigger for armored cars? I see them maybe once a night while hopping sessions, but I have no idea what sets them off.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I need 5 more race wins, anybody on PS3 want to trade for a little while? Add mr_dread.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

BitBasher posted:

Correction, it's not really a viable business model to punish and deter people from playing when your business model is literally supposed to involve as many micro-transactions as possible. Therefore, it is unlikely that any actual punishment will come of it. On the other hand, they seriously should have tested this game a lot more before releasing online, or have not even programmed in so many stupid designs.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

The fact that there are people with millions upon millions of dollars in the game has already hosed their user base- as someone who has not glitched, I'm in a weird place where I'm basically a savage compared to other players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Fooley posted:

Is there a timer or trigger for armored cars? I see them maybe once a night while hopping sessions, but I have no idea what sets them off.

It seems like they won't pop up the message and put the marker on your radar unless you're within a certain small distance of the armored car, and since the armored cars can spawn all over the map most of them don't end popping up the marker for you.

• Locked thread