Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPIxYAfxyf0

Arturo uploaded a video going over the patch notes for each character. There are some things he didn't immediately understand, but it's covering like 99% of the changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theonlypie314SA
Mar 19, 2013

From the PS store thread.

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition is coming to the PS3, Xbox 360, PC, PS4, and Vita on Nov. 12th for NA. The console versions will be $59.99. The PC version will be $49.99. The Vita iteration will retail for $39.99.

quote:

This version of Injustice is considered the "ultimate" edition, which means that all of the additional characters are on-hand. Armature is also touting 60fps fighting on the Vita version, along with all of the destructible environments and other features of the original console releases. Additionally, High Voltage is working on a PlayStation 4 version that will feature touchpad functionality and in-game streaming. A PC version is also in development at High Voltage. All of the character skins are included in the Ultimate Edition. The version released in the Americas will also include an 11-song soundtrack with music from Jane's Addiction, Depeche Mode, and AWOLNATION

All from this article - https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/10/07/injustice-gods-among-us-coming-to-vita-next-month.aspx

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

No Xbox One version? Really?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Xbox One is Xbox Done (with Injustice)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

theonlypie314SA posted:

From the PS store thread.

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition is coming to the PS3, Xbox 360, PC, PS4, and Vita on Nov. 12th for NA. The console versions will be $59.99. The PC version will be $49.99. The Vita iteration will retail for $39.99.

All from this article - https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/10/07/injustice-gods-among-us-coming-to-vita-next-month.aspx

I guess that's the BIG NEWS about Injustice that Boon teased on his twitter during the weekend.

I was still holding hope for more chars :smith:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Am I reading that right, and the WiiU isn't getting an Ultimate Edition release?

Great to see the PC version actually announced though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I just want to point out that High Voltage Software are the guys who hosed up the ZotE HD Port so bad they had to bring in another company to fix it.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I was still holding hope for more chars :smith:
At this point there won't be new characters, but Boon just tweeted this:

quote:

Ed Boon ‏@noobde
I (s)ense another (k)ind of announcement coming (i)n about 24 hours....(n)ice !!!

So it looks like we're getting one or several more skins before Ultimate Edition comes out. Of course, since it's only around a month away I might hold off on them to just rebuy Ultimate on PS4, so I have one less reason to keep my 360 plugged in.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

ImpAtom posted:

I just want to point out that High Voltage Software are the guys who hosed up the ZotE HD Port so bad they had to bring in another company to fix it.

Then again, this is an Unreal game, they'd have to be extremely incompetent to screw it up.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

theonlypie314SA posted:

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition is coming to the PS3, Xbox 360, PC, PS4, and Vita on Nov. 12th for NA.

No WiiU version? My poor friend. :smith: He just wants MM, guys.

ImpAtom posted:

On the other hand, their PC Port of Mortal Kombat was pretty good.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I stopped trusting Ed Boon a few games ago when he pretended a game had "super unlockables" hidden in it.

Now I'm going to stop buying his games after he alluded to more Wii U DLC on his twitter a few months ago.

Ed Boon ‏@noobde 13 Aug
RT @WaltersBrad @noobde Can u guys even talk about the situation with Wii U not getting any dlc lately? EB: Yes. An update is coming soon.
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/367298873863061505

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
They're not doing a WiiU continuation and they're not going to announce this because then all the news sites will pick it up. This way it just quietly dies. I'm sorry, man.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
It probably just isn't worth the time to do wiiu dlc/GOTY because they couldn't make their money back.

Midnight Shakes
Apr 10, 2009

catlord posted:

On the other hand, their PC Port of Mortal Kombat was pretty good.

The off-line parts are great, but the online is absolute poo poo. I've had some decent matches, but most of the time it's lag-city due to either the lovely netcode or your opponent's wodden PC. Apparently, the less people are in a lobby, the less laggy games usually are. Yet, nobody understands this, and everybody is usually piled up in one room, making most matches even more unbearable.

Midnight Shakes fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Oct 8, 2013

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

Midnight Shakes posted:

The off-line parts are great, but the online is absolute poo poo. I've had some decent matches, but most of the time it's lag-city due to either the lovely netcode or your opponent's wodden PC. Apparently, the less people are in a lobby, the less laggy games usually are. Yet, nobody understands this, and everybody is usually piled up in one room, making most matches even more unbearable.

That had nothing to do with the PC port, the console version had absolutely horrendous netcode issues that made it all but unplayable 90% of the time. Even after they claimed to have patched the netcode you'd get lag everywhere, lobbies constantly making GBS threads themselves, and game desyncronization. I was worried about the MK9 PC port when I heard it was done by High Voltage, but was pleasantly surprised by the quality so I'm expecting similar quality for Injustice. And hey, maybe the online won't be absolutely dead on PC since it's not being ported 2 years after the fact when most people have moved on and/or lost interest in the game.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

RageBeef posted:

That had nothing to do with the PC port, the console version had absolutely horrendous netcode issues that made it all but unplayable 90% of the time. Even after they claimed to have patched the netcode you'd get lag everywhere, lobbies constantly making GBS threads themselves, and game desyncronization. I was worried about the MK9 PC port when I heard it was done by High Voltage, but was pleasantly surprised by the quality so I'm expecting similar quality for Injustice. And hey, maybe the online won't be absolutely dead on PC since it's not being ported 2 years after the fact when most people have moved on and/or lost interest in the game.

I certainly hope so. MK9PC was really good, outside of the people who couldn't get the game to run. I can imagine Injustice will only be better on the PC than MK9 was.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
Does Batgirl have any new skins yet?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

For that matter does ANYONE have new skins yet?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
It's a shame that the scene for this has largely died, because the tournaments have never been better.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

It's a shame that the scene for this has largely died, because the tournaments have never been better.

I know right? The last time I've watched Galloping Ghost and everything else there's actually variation in character picks now. People just couldn't weather the storm of goddamn Superman. :(

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
There might be a bit of a resurgence with the PS4 re-release. I know I'll get it again then, anyway.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Seymour Butts posted:

Does Batgirl have any new skins yet?

No Cassandra skin. Thanks Obama Boon! :argh:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Spaceman Bill posted:

It's a safe bet to say that NR is done with Injustice now that the GOTY edition was announced.

I really wanted extra skins for Batgirl as well. :(

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Krad posted:

It's a safe bet to say that NR is done with Injustice now that the GOTY edition was announced.

I really wanted extra skins for Batgirl as well. :(

I would have thought the DLC characters would at least get ONE alt skin each. Not to mention the few vanilla characters that still don't have anything but their 2 basic skins.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Weren't there screenshots of a Man of Steel skin for Zod a few months ago? That led me to believe that we'd be getting at least one more pack before they decided to end the DLC.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Weren't there screenshots of a Man of Steel skin for Zod a few months ago? That led me to believe that we'd be getting at least one more pack before they decided to end the DLC.

Zod was released for free about 2 weeks ago

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Apparently Injustice GOTY is gonna be a part of the PS3 > PS4 transfer program Sony is doing; I think the PS4 version is discounted rather than a free upgrade, but it's better than nothing.

They never ended up releasing that Conan O'Brien skin, did they? Seems like a lot of work for a one-off gag.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Apparently Injustice GOTY is gonna be a part of the PS3 > PS4 transfer program Sony is doing; I think the PS4 version is discounted rather than a free upgrade, but it's better than nothing.

They never ended up releasing that Conan O'Brien skin, did they? Seems like a lot of work for a one-off gag.

They're all $10. None of them are free.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Liar Lyre posted:

Zod was released for free about 2 weeks ago

Son of a bitch! Makes sense, though. It's been a while since I've played it.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

That's probably the biggest disappointment.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Spaceman Bill posted:

Green Arrow finally got his TV counterpart's skin that was a bonus for people who did some pre-release battle arena thingy (I have no idea what it was since I wasn't really following the game before release) as a free download for everyone... :shobon:

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Obeast posted:

Green Arrow finally got his TV counterpart's skin that was a bonus for people who did some pre-release battle arena thingy (I have no idea what it was since I wasn't really following the game before release) as a free download for everyone... :shobon:

It was free for signing up for a Warner Bros. newsletter, I think? That's when I got it.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Please tell me I'm not the only one still playing the iPad game. I just can't quit.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Liar Lyre posted:

Please tell me I'm not the only one still playing the iPad game. I just can't quit.

I quit playing that goddamn thing as soon as I beat every level and got the SUPER SECRET AWESOME PRIZE FOR WINNING THE GAME!!

A loving Superman prison outfit. That's it.

Oh yeah, spoiler alert.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I quit playing that goddamn thing as soon as I beat every level and got the SUPER SECRET AWESOME PRIZE FOR WINNING THE GAME!!

A loving Superman prison outfit. That's it.

Oh yeah, spoiler alert.

I quit playing as soon as no less than 4 SA Warner Bros. IDs with everything unlocked popped up. :shobon:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

HellCopter posted:

I quit playing as soon as no less than 4 SA Warner Bros. IDs with everything unlocked popped up. :shobon:

I'd like to point you in the direction of my dick so you can suck it. No offense.

EDIT: Still friends?

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Alright, looks like Injustice is coming to PC November 12. Steam Store Page.(note: I can't get the link to work, though if you go through Steam itself you will find it currently on pre-order sale for $45, 10% off.)

I've already made us a Steam Group so we can play together.

Unbound fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Nov 2, 2013

SnipeShow
Nov 7, 2009

That dance wasn't as safe as they said it was.

I don't have archives to see the wbid login. Could anyone give it to me?

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Unbound posted:

Alright, looks like Injustice is coming to PC November 12. Steam Store Page.(note: I can't get the link to work, though if you go through Steam itself you will find it currently on pre-order sale for $45, 10% off.)

I've already made us a Steam Group so we can play together.

I'm thinking of getting this on steam, but the fact nobody's joined the group yet makes me apprehensive. :(

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

I'll probably double dip the first time it goes on sale since i'm almost certain at this point the WiiU version isn't getting the rest of the DLCs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I'm thinking of getting this on steam, but the fact nobody's joined the group yet makes me apprehensive. :(

I would be getting this on Steam if I wasn't already going to be picking it up along with my PS4 on release.

• Locked thread