Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theclaff
Oct 3, 2013

sleepness posted:

So I just picked up an iPad air, and put infinity blade 3 on it. The quality is worse than my iPhone 5 for some reason,with things looking a bit fuzzy and the game being displayed in letterbox mode. Is this normal behavior for ib3 on iPads?

Also got a air. It's not fuzzy but it is in letterbox. Cut scenes have much bigger black bars but they are still there in gameplay also. Don't know why. Plays a hell of a lot better than on my old iPad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

porktree posted:

Did that to me two the first time. I still won a 5 lap race with my Ford GT. :smug:

Holy poo poo RR3 and IB3 look so good on the Air.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFZYCumpvCA

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

I WILL BUY THIS FOR ANY PRICE

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bummey posted:

I WILL BUY THIS FOR ANY PRICE

How about free with a $0.99 IAP to play more than one hour a day?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

xzzy posted:

How about free with a $0.99 IAP to play more than one hour a day?

It will not have any freemium gunk, if they hold true to what they told me last year.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Oh man that looks great. I like the sort of FFT art style.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

I'm disappointed that they're not going with a party dynamic like in the first game. That's what made it so hectic and enjoyable.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

EightFlyingCars posted:

I'm disappointed that they're not going with a party dynamic like in the first game. That's what made it so hectic and enjoyable.

I feel the same, but I like these guys and I will buy it and play it and love it. If it's good.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
It looks like a worse version of Secret of Evermore. Still, I might buy it.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SquadronROE posted:

It looks like a worse version of Secret of Evermore. Still, I might buy it.

That is because secret of evermore is awesome.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Free IGN iOS game of the month is Lili found here. Unlike the console games of the month it doesn't require membership to get at the code. This game was notable for being one of the first to comply with iPhone 5 dimensions.

My link is probably the Canadian version of the site but with some futzing the US one shouldn't be too hard to find.

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama

Samara posted:

I heard BG:EE got an update but I don't see one? Any word?

The patch is live only for people who bought directly from the developer. It's still in App store review.

busfahrer
Feb 9, 2012

Ceterum censeo
Carthaginem
esse delendam
So it looks like Tiny Death Star is out on the Australian App Store. Has anybody played It yet?

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Are there any games similar to the top down real time stratagy portion of Call of Duty: Strike Force? The game is by far at its best when being played in top down mode, and I'd love to find some more games that are similar.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+

this might be the best thing I've ever seen. Please don't be an IAP shitshow...

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Kenny Logins posted:

Free IGN iOS game of the month is Lili found here. Unlike the console games of the month it doesn't require membership to get at the code. This game was notable for being one of the first to comply with iPhone 5 dimensions.

My link is probably the Canadian version of the site but with some futzing the US one shouldn't be too hard to find.

This game is a lot of fun, get it!

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Samara posted:

this might be the best thing I've ever seen. Please don't be an IAP shitshow...

It will be a single price game with zero consumable or currency IAP. They may release paid content expansions later, but that's totally acceptable.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Kenny Logins posted:

This game has a fair number of bullshit mechanics, might I add--. I just captured the last of 10 flowers to beat this one spirit, but oh, you arbitrarily lost your grip in doing it! I just spent a sandwich to speed up and catch this spirit, and he teleported when I got to him.

I'm still playing it, but only because I'm stubborn and I need something to look at while I listen to podcasts.

Edit: And now I've got a stuck objective 3 hours in--talk to Enjee next to the windmill. Talked to him 3 times, tried rebooting the app, still can't move forward.

Grassy Knowles fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Nov 4, 2013

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

busfahrer posted:

So it looks like Tiny Death Star is out on the Australian App Store. Has anybody played It yet?

It's a better Tiny Tower with a greater emphasis on IAP (because free bux are as rare as hen's teeth) and some unfortunate flaws:

-lots of very slow transitions between screens and menus and such
-every single floor that needs restocking is a separate notification
-the latest update broke the fonts horribly and I could have sworn my upgraded elevator used to be slightly faster before I updated it...
-quite crashy

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Draile posted:

The patch is live only for people who bought directly from the developer. It's still in App store review.

Have there been any updates on what's going on with the enhanced version of BG2 now that their legal issues have apparently been resolved?

tirinal
Feb 5, 2007
It's coming mid-November.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

~Coxy posted:

It's a better Tiny Tower with a greater emphasis on IAP (because free bux are as rare as hen's teeth) and some unfortunate flaws:

-lots of very slow transitions between screens and menus and such
-every single floor that needs restocking is a separate notification
-the latest update broke the fonts horribly and I could have sworn my upgraded elevator used to be slightly faster before I updated it...
-quite crashy

Are you sure about the duplicate notifications? I haven't seen that myself. Most all the crashing should be fixed in the 1.1 update. Hopefully rebooting your phone might fix the font issue rather than a re-install, believe it stems from localization changes. I'm on a fresh game about 4 days old and I'm at 23 floors and over halfway to elevator #3. Helps to always keep residential vacancies to cycle through dream jobbers. I think the UI changes really improved the flow of the game but I do miss some button taps to menu animations once in a while. Something I'll bring up for sure.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Nothing to say about the slow elevator? :colbert:

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

Corridor posted:

Nothing to say about the slow elevator? :colbert:

It might have been tweaked, I'm not sure (Disney is developing the game with our creative input). Lots of tweaking happens in soft launches.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

eeenmachine posted:

Are you sure about the duplicate notifications? I haven't seen that myself.

Most all the crashing should be fixed in the 1.1 update.

Hopefully rebooting your phone might fix the font issue rather than a re-install, believe it stems from localization changes.

I'm on a fresh game about 4 days old and I'm at 23 floors and over halfway to elevator #3. Helps to always keep residential vacancies to cycle through dream jobbers.

I think the UI changes really improved the flow of the game but I do miss some button taps to menu animations once in a while. Something I'll bring up for sure.

1. Yeah, it's definitely happening for me somehow.

2. Now I think about it I haven't crashed since the update so that's all good.

3. I'll try that.

4. Gotta admit I haven't been doing that. I only evict people once they have fulfilled their dreams.

5. Cool, thanks.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

busfahrer posted:

It's... ok I guess? It's just Tiny Tower with different graphics, so if you didn't like the original you won't like this one unless you're a huge Star Wars nerd.

I enjoyed the original TT but I lost all interest in TDS after only a couple of days. And yeah, TDS is much stingier about free premium currency.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

~Coxy posted:

1. Yeah, it's definitely happening for me somehow.

2. Now I think about it I haven't crashed since the update so that's all good.

3. I'll try that.

4. Gotta admit I haven't been doing that. I only evict people once they have fulfilled their dreams.

5. Cool, thanks.

Ah those notifications yes. I thought you meant the in game ones down at the bottom.

DarkJC
Jul 6, 2010
Have 3rd party apps always been able to change the "slide to.." text? Never noticed that before.

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

DarkJC posted:

Have 3rd party apps always been able to change the "slide to.." text? Never noticed that before.

Where are you seeing this?

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Factory posted:

Where are you seeing this?

Probably in the screenshot of the slider in the ancient times of "earlier on this page".

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

ahmeni posted:

Probably in the screenshot of the slider in the ancient times of "earlier on this page".

LIVE IN THE NOW, GRANDPA!

ivy
Apr 4, 2009

You want to know my take on the title of the album? Billy and Jimmy always have this bad pun game, is what I call it. It's the bad pun game getting out of control. Embarrassing. Not the name. The name's not really embarrassing. Just the game.
Pillbug

eeenmachine posted:

It might have been tweaked, I'm not sure (Disney is developing the game with our creative input). Lots of tweaking happens in soft launches.

Any idea how far off the UK release is? I'm excited to play it and I don't think I can get it from the Aussie store 'cos I've got iTunes Match enabled :saddowns:

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Ahaha, there's a GTA app that's been in the TouchArcade app 'new' section for a while... it's some lovely slide puzzle using the GTA name and icon. It's priced at $50 to prey on impulse buyers who don't check descriptions or screenshots or developers I guess. What I'm wondering is 'how the gently caress did this get into the iTunes store' when stuff like Jones On Fire had to be submitted like three times.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

PxiePip posted:

Any idea how far off the UK release is? I'm excited to play it and I don't think I can get it from the Aussie store 'cos I've got iTunes Match enabled :saddowns:

Soon? Sorry I can't be more specific.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Corridor posted:

Ahaha, there's a GTA app that's been in the TouchArcade app 'new' section for a while... it's some lovely slide puzzle using the GTA name and icon. It's priced at $50 to prey on impulse buyers who don't check descriptions or screenshots or developers I guess. What I'm wondering is 'how the gently caress did this get into the iTunes store' when stuff like Jones On Fire had to be submitted like three times.

Or Awful getting rejected because of TCC.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Maybe it's secretly Rockstar. A sale's a sale!

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

eeenmachine posted:

Soon? Sorry I can't be more specific.

The most important question is: With all of the piles of money you're going to make off of this, what are you going to do with it?

1. Build a Scrooge McDuck-esque money pit?
2. Build your own Death Star?
3. Put it into a 401(k) or IRA like a losing loser who loses at life?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

eeenmachine posted:

Wait so Disney is letting you use the license, making it for you, and giving you a cut of the action? That is the most beautiful thing I have heard all week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Shwqa posted:

Wait so Disney is letting you use the license, making it for you, and giving you a cut of the action? That is the most beautiful thing I have heard all week.

More like they're letting Disney in on the action. Now make a Pocket Helicarriers.

• Locked thread