Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I'm glad there's finally a comprehensive anti-rape solution on the market so that we can finally stop persecuting innocent men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

theadder posted:

put this thread to the sword

this but all the forums

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

so women shouldn't wear chastity belts?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

youve done it

youve turned into gbs

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

gbs becomes yospos
yospos becomes gbs

the cycle continues

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

this but all the forums everything

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

youve done it

youve turned into gbs

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ulilileeloo dallas posted:

kind of dumbfounded that you loving spergs actually think this is marketed to males and is a chastity belt to be inflicted upon women. you can push against the brick wall of trying to teach men not to rape all you want--someday i do hope we make progress on that front, but as long as it's still happening, explain to me why exactly it's a problem for a woman to be aware that she may be entering into a risky situation and to take precautions? jesus loving christ you people. if she wants to carry mace, or a whistle, or wear these magic underpants to make herself feel safe and confident then why shouldn't she? because somehow her awareness that it can happen and does happen every day is somehow HER perpetuating rape culture??? are you loving retarded?

youre supposed to source your quote

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
this is probably the lowest possible hanging fruit, but furries want to launch a comic that they are calling 'jackie chan meets one flew over the cuckoo's nest' which i believe shows a fundamental misunderstanding of both concepts. warning: terrible furry art including a guy making out with the anthromorphic fox.

following the theme from last week let's add another terrible nutcracker 'tribute' with a twist, or in this case, a twist and jerk (twerk) -- http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1853665356/the-twerkcracker-the-nutcracker-with-a-twist-of-tw?ref=recently_launchedthe twerkcracker[/url]. let's try and cash in on these fads before they become absolutely irrelevant again! if you're looking for an extra special kind of shameful, they have a video right after their intro that i couldn't watch for longer than 3 seconds. that is literally where i stopped. let's see what they have to say about their show

quote:

The TWeRKcracker- The Nutcracker with a twist of twerk: A fun, raucous booty burlesque show puts an urban spin on an old holiday fave..

The TWeRKcracker!! Bringing Booties, Ballet and Burlesque together...

I know, it might be the most ridiculous thing you have heard in a while.

But it's gonna be so awesome, Miley Cyrus is gonna be all over this twerk-tastic extravaganza.
so more poo poo than my posts. a+ work guys. what else you got?

quote:

Pledge $250 or more
Now we're blushing! That's 1 private 1 hour dance lesson for you~ men choose from kickboxing, strength training, ballet, or modern/jazz; ladies choose those plus from pole, ballet, lap dance or twerking~ and you get a Twerkcracker shirt or tank (.....plus you get all the above gifts, too!)

Estimated delivery: Jan 2014
Ships within the US only

so... for $250 you will be a stripper. great stuff guys, this is truly the kickstarter that sent feminism back to its infancy. actually they are strippers after watching that video so i guess good work empowering yourselves in a terrible way

so here's just some links to some dumb poo poo and you guys can scour it for laughs it shouldn't be so hard to find it

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/75663519/the-gentlemans-guide-to-league-of-legends?ref=recently_launched - this is reddit teachs league of legends
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1968553673/jeternthejets-premier-album-highway-of-redemption?ref=recently_launched - i just like the picture of this band its my favorite

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

From georgia, of course they're offering up an invitation to a recording secession.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

i really just cant read the word twerk anymore its like epic or awesome, just meaningless

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

hubris.height posted:

this is probably the lowest possible hanging fruit, but furries want to launch a comic that they are calling 'jackie chan meets one flew over the cuckoo's nest' which i believe shows a fundamental misunderstanding of both concepts. warning: terrible furry art including a guy making out with the anthromorphic fox.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

hahahahaha holy poo poo

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

ulilileeloo dallas posted:

kind of dumbfounded that you loving spergs actually think this is marketed to males and is a chastity belt to be inflicted upon women. you can push against the brick wall of trying to teach men not to rape all you want--someday i do hope we make progress on that front, but as long as it's still happening, explain to me why exactly it's a problem for a woman to be aware that she may be entering into a risky situation and to take precautions? jesus loving christ you people. if she wants to carry mace, or a whistle, or wear these magic underpants to make herself feel safe and confident then why shouldn't she? because somehow her awareness that it can happen and does happen every day is somehow HER perpetuating rape culture??? are you loving retarded?

please don't use "sperg" as a pejorative it is nearly as tired and meaningless as "hipster" at this point

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Werthog 95 posted:

please don't use "sperg" as a pejorative it is nearly as tired and meaningless as "hipster" at this point
lol look at this spergipster :rolleyes:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

also,

- gay & retard

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

new av found

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

its heart is definitely not in the right place

it encourages women to think about sexual violence every loving day, as a totally normal event that requires affirmative defense.

this poo poo is loving disgusting. it's just an extra-sexist variant of kickstarters for clothes/wallets with special tacticlol gun holsters.

youre a huge piece of poo poo jfyi

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

youre a huge piece of poo poo jfyi

a something awful forums poster who unironically endorses chastity belts called me a piece of poo poo

this stain, this tarnish, is something i may never live down

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

also,

- gay & retard

gay/fag

retard

hipster

sperg

four terms of equal offensiveness undoubtedly

this gbs political correctness idiocy is getting really bad

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

a something awful forums poster who unironically endorses chastity belts called me a piece of poo poo

this stain, this tarnish, is something i may never live down

actually i think those belts are pretty stupid because the kickstarter ironically did have one good point: poo poo like self defense training and weapons and everything are an awful idea. extra equipment isnt any different even if its a passive garment.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i would like it if there were a term that meant what sperg means without referring to an actual disability

'idiot nerd' or something idk

maybe i'll kickstart a thinktank to come up with a new word for sperg

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
hey did and bsd i think you're both normally good yosposters (which is to say poo poo) but mayhaps you two can go lf post in a thread dedicated to this argument instead of making GBS threads up this thread anymore? tia?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

hubris.height posted:

hey did and bsd i think you're both normally good yosposters (which is to say poo poo) but mayhaps you two can go lf post in a thread dedicated to this argument instead of making GBS threads up this thread anymore? tia?

that sounds awfully like d&d

i would never wish that upon anyone in the pos

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

i would like it if there were a term that meant what sperg means without referring to an actual disability

'idiot nerd' or something idk

maybe i'll kickstart a thinktank to come up with a new word for sperg

many derogatory terms come from medical language referring to actual disability

imbecile
moron
idiot
retard

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

moron is based on the greek for dull hth

the medical profession is v mean to the mentally handicapped

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

who cares if actual spergs are offended, aspergers is literally nothing but an internet self diagnosis anymore. its just that "sperg" doesnt mean anything at all the way its used these days

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Werthog 95 posted:

who cares if actual spergs are offended, aspergers is literally nothing but an internet self diagnosis anymore. its just that "sperg" doesnt mean anything at all the way its used these days

yeh sort of this

moron used to be a medical diagnosis but now is just used as an insult

i dont see why sperg has to be any different since its now officially Not A Diagnosis

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

youve let me down and now i have to take you out back and shoot you

this is your fault

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/columbiagames/bobby-lee?ref=thanks

im the love for the confederacy

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

yeh sort of this

friend of the family used to be a racist slur but now is just used as a term of endearment

i dont see why fag has to be any different since its now officially Not A Diagnosis [ed. note: removed from the DSM-III]

im the love for the confederacy

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

many derogatory terms come from medical language referring to actual disability

imbecile
moron
idiot
retard

gooftroop

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Proteus4994 posted:

gay/fag

retard

hipster

sperg

four terms of equal offensiveness undoubtedly

this gbs political correctness idiocy is getting really bad

lets get drunk drive our pickup down to the nerd bar this weekend and beat up some spergs

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Al! posted:

lets get drunk drive our pickup down to the nerd bar this weekend and beat up some spergs

if you're saying this ironically, whatever town you live in clearly does not have a hackerspace/bar

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

if you're saying this ironically, whatever town you live in clearly does not have a hackerspace/bar

im sure that if some rednecks decided to drive into town to beat up nerds instead for some reason theyd still be screaming human being at them

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
new kickstarter idea: chastity belt with integrated bottle opener

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn
that'd be p handy for those wild parties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
anyone here in need of a bespoke heirloom artisinal eco-friendly carpenter-inspired workspace partitioner/pencil holder/measuring device?? http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1445611363/cut-oncetm-heirloom-ruler

Workspace research suggests that effective desktop zoning and organization contributes to increased worker productivity.

because boy do i have a deal for you

• Locked thread