Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Zergle posted:

Just got the last of the seven cookies with only 167 wrinklers popped.

gently caress you, man; I'm at 550 and still waiting for the last drat one. I must have 100% achievements! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
200 even for me, and I was starting to feel like it was dragging on. I feel sorry for anyone in the 500s :ohdear:

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

LouDog004 posted:

Go for it. Something to keep in mind on your first reset: You're not only getting a bonus from heavenly chips. Instead of only having 20-30 achievements when you got kitten helpers the first time, you should have most of them. You will run back into 85 condensers very quickly, and your old CpS even quicker.

Yeah I heard good things about the kitten helpers. Might give that a shot.

pyromance posted:

Just a FYI, I'm pretty sure 85 anti-matter condensers isn't even halfway in total costs to 100. #100 is ~4.3 quadrillion itself.

Well poo poo. I thought I was getting close to the final stretch for those.

LouDog004
Aug 29, 2009

Glitter Glisten Gloss Floss

Shnag posted:

Well poo poo. I thought I was getting close to the final stretch for those.

The next five buildings of a type represent roughly the same total cost as what you've spent to that point. Buildings 1-85 are about the same cost as 86-90, 1-87 = 88-92, and 1-95 = 96-100. This reveals the value of frequent resets. The cost of heavenly chips increases very slowly, but their value is only unlocked on reset.

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

Zergle posted:

Just got the last of the seven cookies with only 167 wrinklers popped.

I didn't know anything about these cookies until I had them all anyway. Just got the neverclick cheevo. Would have gotten the true neverclick one if I had a bit more patience.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I need to reset like 4 days ago but I have to redo hardcore and some speed baking maybe and I just haven't had time in the halloween season. I keep telling myself I will when I get this last cookie but I guess we'll see.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I reset the game with that script running that clicks the cookies 15 times a second and I guess it lagged because a bunch of clicks went through as it was resetting and I started the game with over 100 billion cookies. Got Speed Baking III and Hardcore instantly.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Nibble posted:

200 even for me, and I was starting to feel like it was dragging on. I feel sorry for anyone in the 500s :ohdear:

Took me 1003, the last 500 or so for the last one. Now I'm just about to get to 100 antimatter condensers for the first time to get my last two achievements (at least those that are worth milk) (edit: not quite, forgot about the one thats like 1 trillion CPS or whatever it is.)

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I got the 1 in 500,000 achievement! :haw:

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

What's the secret to legitimately getting speed baking 3? I only got the first one this last time. Is it a matter of getting frenzy instead of lucky on your one cookie you get in the timeframe?

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013
This is great for killing time while you wait on pubby FCs to give orders on EVE. I don't know why it's so entertaining.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

22 Eargesplitten posted:

What's the secret to legitimately getting speed baking 3? I only got the first one this last time. Is it a matter of getting frenzy instead of lucky on your one cookie you get in the timeframe?

I barely got speed baking 3 (less than a minute to go) and I got a 777x as my first cookie, then a frenzy for my second one. I forgot that you need to reload cookie monster when you reset otherwise I think my "build order" would've been slightly more efficient, just keep in mind cookie monster can be misleading wrt upgrades.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I hear you need to get something crazy like frenzy into click frenzy to have a chance, as well as a fairly optimal upgrade path and hammering your mouse for the first 10 minutes.
Checked today and got my 'just plain lucky' too. With over 2000 Chips next reset, only speed baking 3, hardcore and black cat's paw to go :negative:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I made 3 speed baking attempts and kept hitting 250,000 at the 15 minute mark. Then I switched up my build path a little better to really make use of the frenzy.
Got to 560,000 at 15 minute mark.

I tried again and got click frenzy as the first golden cookie, the next one was just a lucky I think, but it didn't matter. I hit 1 mil at like 10 minutes.

Speed baking 3 is really just "did you get click frenzy before 15 minutes".
The first two are easily doable, and should be regular achievements I think. 3 can stay as a shadow, I don't think it's doable without a click frenzy.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

pisshead posted:

Does the golden cookie show up just anywhere on the screen?

I think it doesn't appear on the right column of the screen, with all the upgrade buttons. I've never seen it appear there.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Ultimate Mango posted:

The game breaks before this, just infinity cookies. I think 30k still worked though.

I'm currently at 97k chips and things are working fine.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

TTBF posted:

I'm currently at 97k chips and things are working fine.

I ended up with frenzy and exponential notation and then it just went to infinity. I had to totally wipe and cheat to get back to where I was. Maybe the math went bad somewhere. :shrug:

Thea Dolorosa
May 13, 2007
Let's Not.
Has the time between golden cookies changed? I feel like they have a tighter and later window now.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Ultimate Mango posted:

I ended up with frenzy and exponential notation and then it just went to infinity. I had to totally wipe and cheat to get back to where I was. Maybe the math went bad somewhere. :shrug:
Probably. Javascript uses 64-bit floating point for all math, which gives quite a bit of precision.

On the other hand, the precision of a double's mantissa is a few quadrillion, so (insignificant) FP rounding errors do actually start to become visible in the later parts of your average CC playthrough.

That's actually pretty impressive, I've never seen another application where doubles weren't more than enough.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Nov 2, 2013

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007
I'm out. Did a hard reset, deleted all the site's cookies from my browser. It was getting ridiculous.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Did my first reset today and got all Halloween cookies again with only 119 Wrinklers popped. On top of that I got the 1 in 500 achievement. Suck it probability.

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch
I have a weird itch to try a run to get the hardcore achievement. Has anyone done it and how long did it take?

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

I just got Black Cat's Paw and Just Plain Lucky within an hour of each other. I should buy a lottery ticket or something.

NIV3K
Jan 8, 2010

:rolleyes:

oldgoatmon posted:

I have a weird itch to try a run to get the hardcore achievement. Has anyone done it and how long did it take?

I'm doing that as we speak. I'm an hour and a half in with 350 million. So maybe two hours or so? Though I've been having "bad luck" with the golden cookies, so it could be faster. And by bad luck I mean getting a Lucky then a Cookie Chain and then a Lucky, which are worthless in the early game.

Edit: 1 hour and 55 minutes for me.

NIV3K fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Nov 3, 2013

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch

NIV3K posted:

I'm doing that as we speak. I'm an hour and a half in with 350 million. So maybe two hours or so? Though I've been having "bad luck" with the golden cookies, so it could be faster. And by bad luck I mean getting a Lucky then a Cookie Chain and then a Lucky, which are worthless in the early game.

Edit: 1 hour and 55 minutes for me.

Ok, thanks. I might try that tomorrow when I have football on.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

So what CPS and bank do I need to get 66.666 Quadrillion on cookie chains? And do wrinklers affect it? I thought I had the calculations right but I'm still unable to get past 6.666

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'
I think I've broken free of this game, the last time I played it, it did nothing for me.
Enjoy the rest of the ride suckers!

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
I didn't think it could be said, but I'm bad at this game.

I wasn't too sure about the wrinklers. I reset with 6 of the Halloween cookies- WHAT WAS I THINKING!??!??!?!??!?!?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

After a reset, do the halloween cookies stay unlocked like the kittens or do you have to pop a tediously large number of wrinklers again?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Suaimhneas posted:

After a reset, do the halloween cookies stay unlocked like the kittens or do you have to pop a tediously large number of wrinklers again?

You have to re-unlock them again, sadly.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I started on a new save at home, and the Bingo Center Research takes only three minutes. Wasn't it supposed to do that only after I've bought Persistent Memory? :confused:

Fnoigy
Apr 9, 2007

I'm fine. Why do you ask?
Stupid little gripe, but I really wish the notification text on the bottom stayed around a little longer and had a black outline. When getting a Lucky GC, it's kinda tough to read how much I actually got (like whether it's billions, trillions, or whatever) before the message fades away.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

oldgoatmon posted:

I just did it and didn't pay a whole lot of attention, but it's 2-3 hours depending. Since you get no upgrades, your clicks become worthless around the 2nd farm, which makes it a bit less obnoxious to do.

Also I don't htink 66 quadrillion chains exist, before I reset I easily had 70qa in the bank and only got to 6 twice.

I should have reset long ago, I went from 750 to 1800 chips and I just passed 100 condesnsers and I'm at like 3x cps.

Thea Dolorosa
May 13, 2007
Let's Not.
I just got a 66 quad chain. You just need to have about 3.09 trillion base cps and 260 quads banked.

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.

Thea Dolorosa posted:

I just got a 66 quad chain. You just need to have about 3.09 trillion base cps and 260 quads banked.

I think that's for 666 - I got 66 quads with about 500 billion cps or so.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Maybe this RNG stuff will be the final push I needed to free myself from cookie clicker. Halloween cookies :(

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Thea Dolorosa posted:

Greybone posted:

See I'm at 354 Quadrillion banked and 641 B CPS yet can't get over the 6.66 Quad hump. Anyone know the math on these?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

LibbyM posted:

Maybe this RNG stuff will be the final push I needed to free myself from cookie clicker. Halloween cookies :(

I'm just ignoring them on successive resets after the one where I got the achieve for having all seven.

Gentleman
Aug 19, 2006

Would you let me see your panties?

Greybone posted:

This was changed in a recent update. It used to be possible to get 66Qa with banked cookies alone, but now you need ~3.6T CPS to get it (also it removed the cap, so as your CPS gets higher you can even get even higher chains).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Isn't 66Qa kind of chump change by the time you have 3.6T unfrenzied cps? I know I don't even bother with cookie chains since I max out at 6 and that's really just not worth the effort.

• Locked thread