Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Tollymain posted:

Johnny's is the best actually sorry that is all.
"I got a wedgie!"

"I got a swirlie!"

"I got a purple nurple!"

"I got a rock JOHNNY!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

The Leper Colon V posted:

"I got a rock JOHNNY!"

JOHNNY!

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Update!

Mr. Garcia uses advanced persuasion techniques.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Poor Spender :smith:

He just... really wants the world to know he's cool.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Yeah, that seemed a little uncalled for from IssacMax.

EDIT: Mr. Garcia is wonderful, though.

Mitama fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Nov 4, 2013

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Paul.Power posted:

Update!

Mr. Garcia uses advanced persuasion techniques.

I straight busted up laughing at the last two panels. "So I'm just gonna, y'know, drop this Starchman Star here... yyyep. Riiiiight here."

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Tupperwarez posted:

I straight busted up laughing at the last two panels. "So I'm just gonna, y'know, drop this Starchman Star here... yyyep. Riiiiight here."
I took that last panel to mean "Oh snap, you went there."

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Fecha posted:

I took that last panel to mean "Oh snap, you went there."

Nah, he's just doing a little "Ooooops look what I dropped" so that Max can then go pick it up. I'm pretty sure he's not interested in their conversation.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Way to be a total jerk, Isaac, he's just being nice to you.

Also Mr. Garcia is amazing. :allears:

V: ugh, I get their names confused all the time.

Safari Disco Lion fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Nov 4, 2013

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
This is Max. Isaac is an anime.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
IMPORTANT
TEACHER
STUFF

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
I enjoy the fact that the main currency used for bribes in this school are starchman stars.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Paramemetic posted:

This is Max. Isaac is an anime.

Oh, whoops. Miss a comic for a week and you suddenly forget who's the real anime around here.

heenato posted:

I enjoy the fact that the main currency used for bribes in this school are starchman stars.

I really want to know what they can trade these stars for.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Goddammit why are all the teachers at this school so drat funny?

It bears repeating that Zack's really good at this character-based comedy thing. And gestures, and expressions. His comics just radiate comedy charisma and more people ought to pay attention to his work.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!

TurninTrix posted:

You learn the secret of how to ask to use the bathroom.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I bet Mr. Garcia is a werewolf.

Or an alcoholic.

On an unrelated note I can't find the Halloween art you people are talking about on the last page. Where is it.

Whitenoise Poster fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Nov 4, 2013

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Max just has no idea what's going on ever.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

heenato posted:

And betting.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

TurninTrix posted:

Oh, whoops. Miss a comic for a week and you suddenly forget who's the real anime around here.

A plethora of prizes, apparently.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

My inner economist is poised ready to pounce the second Zack reveals anything about Starchman stars.

I mean, it seems like one star is a fairly important thing, considering how Mr. Garcia considers it enough to buy Max's silence, but Isabella quickly bet four stars, meaning either she's a high roller or that Mr. Garcia is really cheap. Of course, everyone seemed really surprised when Max got a whole star just for his name, so...:words:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

SlothfulCobra posted:

My inner economist is poised ready to pounce the second Zack reveals anything about Starchman stars.

I mean, it seems like one star is a fairly important thing, considering how Mr. Garcia considers it enough to buy Max's silence, but Isabella quickly bet four stars, meaning either she's a high roller or that Mr. Garcia is really cheap. Of course, everyone seemed really surprised when Max got a whole star just for his name, so...:words:

I assume that for the last part it's not so much that 1=HUEG AMOUNT so much as they're all incredibly greedy and covet any and all stars. May apply to the first case as well.

e. I vaguely remember an alt text that said a star was worth about 500$, so I take that back.

ee. Found it!

ThatBasqueGuy fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Nov 4, 2013

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

SlothfulCobra posted:

If ever there is a question asking whether or not Isabel is a high roller, the answer can only be Yes.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Can someone please translate the accent text on this page? I can't make it out.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Ariong posted:

Can someone please translate the accent text on this page? I can't make it out.
"Your return changes nothing, schemer. My master does not fear broken gods." and "Arrogance. Your power is nothing to be afraid of. Riddles and word games."

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Alright. For serious now.

I need more Starchman pages.

I need it.

Rereading the few moments we've had with him make me want him to end up working with the Activity Club because he is the best.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.

SlothfulCobra posted:

it could also be that garcia realizes max isn't a rational actor and doesn't know the actual value of a starchman star.

"I'll give you ONE grain of rice, it's great you know you want it!"

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

SlothfulCobra posted:

I personally figured it was just the first installment in a series of hush-money Starchman Star payments?

Also, this entire line of thought is extremely silly.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

One of which is a Mr. Starchman doll, it looks like. :allears:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Isaac, you're one to talk in the ninth panel.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

SlothfulCobra posted:

Isabella quickly bet four stars, meaning either she's a high roller or that Mr. Garcia is really cheap.

Four stars is probably a large amount. It's a safe bet, since everyone in that scene had clearly already figured it out (with passing possibility that it might have been a sister or close friend or something). Ed still took the bet, but then, Ed follows Isabel around like a puppy. Has it been said what their relationship actually is?

Tenebrais fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Nov 4, 2013

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Tenebrais posted:

Four stars is probably a large amount. It's a safe bet, since everyone in that scene had clearly already figured it out (with passing possibility that it might have been a sister or close friend or something). Ed still took the bet, but then, Ed follows Isabel around like a puppy. Has it been said what their relationship actually is?

I wouldn't be shocked if Ed's parents were indisposed. Probably not dead, since that's Max's shtick, but maybe off somewhere doing Crazy Spirit Detective Work or something and Ed is staying with Isabel and her Grandpa.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Seem to be like brother/sister and besties. Zac said something about no romance too if I remember correctly.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Seem to be like brother/sister and besties. Zac said something about no romance too if I remember correctly.
Yeah. Romance is explicitly out, but Ed might as well be Isabella's sidekick.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Seem to be like brother/sister
Do you mean metaphorically?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Splicer posted:

Do you mean metaphorically?

Yeah. They're pretty clearly not blood related.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Yeah. They're pretty clearly not blood related.
One of them could be adopted? v:v:v

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!

The Leper Colon V posted:

One of them could be adopted? v:v:v

Let's not get too anime.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ThisIsNoZaku posted:

Let's not get too anime.
You are already dead kawaii.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

heenato posted:

You learn the secret of how to ask to use the bathroom.

If you actually ask this, you get it for free and also some more stars for your clever and creative use of Starchman Stars, but are hereafter forbidden from telling anyone how you acquired this knowledge, on pain of something...painfully Starchmanly.

Tenebrais posted:

Ed is just kind of...Ed, and I think trying to figure out what Ed's deal is, is asking the wrong kind of question. I do think their inseperability is slightly more mutual though. Insofar as anything about Ed is particularly scrutable they seem like a mutual support system. Ed is Isabella's emotional vent and foundation, and Isabella is Ed's anchor to rational thought.

Oh! And he needs regular watering. Can't forget that.

Dr. Buttass fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Nov 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

This comic has a ridiculous amount of rereadability for something with three and a half chapters.

Four stars twin hills of Mayview are actually giant slumbering spirits.

(Also, I like the little character bits popping up early. Like Isabel's reaction to a spirit asking for help being 'Again? Go bother Isaac.' Since that's his thang, apparently.)

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Nov 5, 2013