Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
Toys R Us is getting the black meters in stores and Gamestop is having the other colors online only here in the US

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I don't have a balance board yet and it's flat out not downloadable for me.

It might be that it's just not up for download right this minute, but if it is, a balance board is required to even download the trial. Which is a bit over the top if true, even for Nintendo.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Crawfish posted:

I don't have a balance board yet and it's flat out not downloadable for me.

It might be that it's just not up for download right this minute, but if it is, a balance board is required to even download the trial. Which is a bit over the top if true, even for Nintendo.

It's release date isn't until tomorrow.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Aren't first party eshop releases generally midnight releases?

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Any idea when the rewards catalog gets updated? I'm ready to shell out my coins for a colorful 3DS XL charging station.

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:
I DLed WU Fit last night from Japan without having a board turned on or tethered.
Did it late in the evening, so I've not yet checked it out.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Oh if that's the case I don't feel as worried. As far as I know you only need to load it up once to be able to keep the game with the pedometer, so as long as the lack of balance board doesn't cock block you immediately, it should be okay.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Mercury Crusader posted:

It's like Star Fox before Star Fox!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOH68OsvOEI

Also the main theme rules.

(Space Harrier is the best)

Space Harrier is indeed the best, but you missed the best version.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
I somehow need to find out if the Wii Fit Meter needs to be from the same region as the console to unlock the full game.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

So Wii Fit U promo version is up for download on the Australian/New Zealand eshop.

It runs at about 4500MB of hard drive space, so basic units without external storage need not apply.

It threw out a time of 3 hours 12 minutes remaining when I first went into Download Management, but the console itself is in a thick wooden TV unit stand thing, so it's constantly dropping out and will most likely take the rest of the night to download fully. Oh wait, it just came back up and the time remaining is fluctuating wildly.

Now if only NAL would acknowledge it exists and make the pedometers available anywhere.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Ironfall (VD-Dev, 3DS eShop) debut trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6sOmcrBCGg

You can download a non-terrible 60FPS version here.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of November 7):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games (November 8) - €49.99 / £39.99
    Batman: Arkham Origins - €59.99 / £49.99
    Assassin's Creed 3 - €19.99 / £15.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Avengers: Battle For Earth - €19.99 / £15.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Rabbids Land - €19.99 / £15.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Sports Connection - €19.99 / £15.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013 - €19.99 / £15.99 (permanent price reduction)
    ZombiU - €19.99 / £15.99 (permanent price reduction)
WII U eSHOP
    Wii Sports Club - free with microtransactions, includes free 24-hour "Day Pass"
    Toki Tori - €3.99 / £3.59
WII U DOWNLOAD CONTENT
    Pikmin 3
  • Battle Enemies! Stages 7-10 - €1.99 / £1.79
    Wii Sports Club
  • Wii Sports Club "Day Pass" - €1.99 / £1.79
  • Wii Sports Club "Single Sports Pass: Bowling" - €9.99 / £8.99
  • Wii Sports Club "Single Sports Pass: Tennis" - €9.99 / £8.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Wii Fit U Trial Version (Wii U) - free for 31 days, available until January 31 (Balance Board required.)
    Toki Tori (Wii U eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until December 6
    Toki Tori 2+ (Wii U eShop) - €8.99 / £7.79 until November 14, or €5.99 / £5.19 until November 14 for those who own Toki Tori on Wii U
    Little Inferno (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until November 10
    Resident Evil Revelations (Wii U) - €29.99 / £23.99 until November 14
    Assassin's Creed 3 (Wii U) - €14.99 / £11.99 until November 7
    Marvel Avengers: Battle For Earth (Wii U) - €14.99 / £11.99 until November 7
    Rabbids Land (Wii U) - €14.99 / £11.99 until November 7
    Sports Connection (Wii U) - €14.99 / £11.99 until November 7
    Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 (Wii U) - €14.99 / £11.99 until November 7
    Trine 2: Directors' Cut (Wii U eShop) - €6.79 / £5.49 until November 14

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (November 8)- €44.99 / £39.99
    Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - €39.99 / £34.99
    Regular Show: Mordecai and Rigby in 8-bit Land (November 8) - €34.99 / £28.49
    My Little Baby 3D - €29.99 / £34.99
3DS eSHOP
    KORG M01D - €24.99 / £19.99
    Brunch Panic - €3.99 / £3.35
    Arcade Classics 3D - €3.99 / £3.30
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (3DS) - €5.99 / £5.39 until November 14
    Resident Evil Revelations (3DS) - €17.99 / £14.99 until November 14
    Arcade Classics 3D (3DS eShop)- €2.99 / £2.50 until November 29
    2 Fast 4 Gnomz (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until November 21
    Football Up! 3D (3DS eShop) - €4.19 / £3.59 until November 28
    Snow Moto Racing 3D (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until November 14
    Bonanza Bowling (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.50 until November 14
    Gummi Bears - Mini Golf (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.50 until November 14
    Gummi Bears Magic Medallion (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.50 until November 14
    Dress To Play: Magic Bubbles (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until November 10

For those who don't know, here's the deal with Wii Sports Club: it's a HD remake of Wii Sports with MotionPlus support, online play, Miiverse "clubs" and some other junk. The initial download includes a free 24-hour "day pass" that lets you sample the available sports, but once that expires you'll have to either buy the individual sports you want or purchase another day pass. Tennis and bowling are the only sports that will be available at launch, but they said they'll be rolling out the others soon, and that you'll get another free day pass whenever they add a new sport.

Also worth noticing: Toki Tori! It's getting a limited-time introductory price of €1.99 / £1.79, and they're also doing a promo where buying Toki Tori will get you an extended discount on Toki Tori 2+ (aka the best game on Wii U eShop).

Most of you won't care about KORG M01D, and those of you who do probably don't need to be told how cool it is, so, uh... buy it, I guess.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Nov 4, 2013

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

£7 for both Toki Tori games is a loving steal. Also tempted by Mario and Sonic.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Also interesting to note about Wii Sports Club is that apparently it will download itself to your console automatically if you opted in to Spotpass software downloads with the latest system update. You'll just turn on your console that day and it'll be there, or in the process of downloading. You also purchase individual sports directly through the game instead of by visiting the eShop.

Seems mainly like a way to reach casual users who have connected their console but haven't really explored digital purchases.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I wonder if that would actually get them in trouble with the FTC. I don't mind, but I could see people getting upset at that.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I presume Arkham Origins: Blackgate should be €39.99, not €29.99. I was thinking it looked cheap, then I saw the Sterling price.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

greatn posted:

I wonder if that would actually get them in trouble with the FTC. I don't mind, but I could see people getting upset at that.

The feature was opt-in with the last system update, everyone with the current version was explicitly given the chance to say yes/no to software downloads. And you can turn it off in the settings. I'm pretty sure that's about all they need to cover their bases, legally.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

irlZaphod posted:

I presume Arkham Origins: Blackgate should be €39.99, not €29.99. I was thinking it looked cheap, then I saw the Sterling price.

Yeah, my bad.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

So, that complete lack of VC titles for either system.

Are we expecting some sort of Direct this week or is it another one of those "Well we released some retail stuff, that should count right?" weeks NOE pulls every few months?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I was told there'd be a NA/PAL Direct last week but it didn't happen. Maybe they'll do one this week as an extra push for Sports Club, who knows.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Hoping that's the case. Since they are dripping the releases out at a slower rate than the original Virtual Console, and are focusing on all of the least popular stuff at the moment like Pinball and Urban Champion, every week without a release is another week longer before anything better comes out.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Maybe they're playing up SMB3 as a quasi-secret release to be announced via Direct? It has an entry on the eShop now.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Maybe, but that would be the second time it would be announced in a Direct, which is pretty poo poo, even for them.

Edit: That said, they are getting sort of low as far as big name NES releases go. SMB3 is the last NES game I get the Wii Transfer Discount for, and beyond that Mega Man 5 and 6 are the only other NES games on my radar for Wii U VC.

Crawfish fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Nov 4, 2013

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It could be kind of like how they did Earthbound. Announce it's coming in one Direct, announce "it's out today!" in another.

It's definitely silly to do it with a game that you can already get by going into Wii mode, though. It's not scarce or unavailable, it's just inconvenient right now. Not worth any fanfare.

WorldWarWonderful
Jul 15, 2004
Eh?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Most of you won't care about KORG M01D, and those of you who do probably don't need to be told how cool it is, so, uh... buy it, I guess.

It's what I got my thirty dollar credit for, just for this app. Now come to Region 1 :mad:

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
New Club Nintendo games are up:
Metroid for 3DS - 150 coins
Dillon's Rolling Western for 3DS - 200 coins
Link to the Past for Wii - 150 coins
Art Style Cubello for Wii - 150 coins

Putting Dillon's up there is pretty interesting, and is a good deal for the coins imo.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Isn't there a sequel to Dillon's Rolling Western out soon, or came out recently or something? Giving away the original game is a pretty good way of building interest in the franchise.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The sequel's already out, haven't played it yet, but the original Rolling Western is a pretty good game. Halfway between a brawler and a tower defense.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Lunaris posted:

New Club Nintendo games are up:
Metroid for 3DS - 150 coins
Dillon's Rolling Western for 3DS - 200 coins
Link to the Past for Wii - 150 coins
Art Style Cubello for Wii - 150 coins

Putting Dillon's up there is pretty interesting, and is a good deal for the coins imo.

For those that just scroll over the thread...

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
drat, I am hundred coins short to get Dillion. Thought I had a unused pin key for Luigi's Mansion, but I was wrong. :smith:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Sweet, I was wondering if they were gonna put LTTP up on the Wii U since LBW is coming out soon but getting it on the Wii VC for basically free isn't a bad deal either.

Edit: Oh what the gently caress Nintendo seriously

How the gently caress is a download unavailable? :mad:

RMZXAnarchy fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Nov 4, 2013

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Sweet, I was wondering if they were gonna put LTTP up on the Wii U since LBW is coming out soon but getting it on the Wii VC for basically free isn't a bad deal either.

That's bizarre, DRW and the Art Style game are available, LTTP and Metroid aren't.

BoredMarc
Jun 14, 2010
DUMB AS SHIT
Hmm, I have enough points to get Dillians rolling western or Metroid... I wish a Link to the past was available on 3ds...

Does Metroid on the virtual console have some sort of saving mechanism besides the passwords? I have a copy for the nes but I hate the password system.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

BoredMarc posted:

Hmm, I have enough points to get Dillians rolling western or Metroid... I wish a Link to the past was available on 3ds...

Does Metroid on the virtual console have some sort of saving mechanism besides the passwords? I have a copy for the nes but I hate the password system.

I played through the original Metroid on the 3DS and do indeed have a save state option in the menu along with suspend play.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

It's gone from the page entirely now.

I remember they made Super Metroid a CN prize during the Wii U VC Trial promotion and then refunded everyone since it was available for 30c at the time, so I'm kinda thinking they took this down because they plan to make LTTP available for Wii U around the time LTTP2 drops.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

I remember they made Super Metroid a CN prize during the Wii U VC Trial promotion and then refunded everyone since it was available for 30c at the time, so I'm kinda thinking they took this down because they plan to make LTTP available for Wii U around the time LTTP2 drops.

That would make sense. Hopefully they put something else up that I don't already have!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Good because I just opened the Wii Shop for the first time in like a year to buy LttP over the weekend and they shouldn't let people have it for free now for this reason. :colbert:

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
I redeemed some coins for a code for LttP, which I got, but when I enter it in the Wii store, it tells me it can't be redeemed.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Its still on my page. Its not been on the Rewards page at all but going to the home page still shows it so I doubt that they're taking it off for that reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Oh well, maybe it's just busted.