Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I already have that one. The more important thing to me is being able to easily track which dungeons I've bothered to explore. Otherwise there's nothing stopping me from removing the mark once I've explored it and then accidentally re-exploring it later.

On my longest-played file, I actually bought a notebook and wrote down every place I visited and cleaned out. Yeah it wasn't sophisticated at all, but for some reason, it seemed to actually make exploration even more fun, something I thought impossible with this game. Guess it helped with the immersion or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sky Shadowing posted:

Yes, it should be- MGSO is largely graphical mods, so nearly all mods should be unaffected, not just the official mods. You should install them at the end of the load order anyway- the easiest way to do that is get a mod manager, like Nexus Mod Manager, and just use it to shift them down in the load order. It's pretty simple, but if you have questions just ask.

Alternatively, MGSO installs mlox natively, just run that and it will fix your load order for you. It's in your Morrowind folder.

I ended up running Mlox and it handled everything! Thanks for the tip. :)

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Anyone know why I may be getting a weird glitch where all skills and confirmation buttons have an "s" before them (like "sOK")

Also why space no longer acts as confirmation and I have to manually click with the cursor to close all windows

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Can any of you cool dudes rehost AllConnraryTextures.rar from the OP? Can't find it anywhere.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Welp, great to see the revival of a Morrowind thread.
The perfect opportunity to reinstall MorReb&MGSO! :shepicide:

I don't even know how this game keeps dragging people back into it, it's poorly balanced and utterly broken in places BUT STILL SO GOOD.

Hadn't seen it mentioned recently, but Skywind (Morrowind in Skyrim engine) is nearing a v1.0 release! They released a v0.9 today Here
I haven't personally tried the new version yet, but I know some of the old versions supported markers and labeling houses/dungeons/etc just like Skyrim. Now just gotta wait for a MorReb version for it!

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Rynoto posted:

Welp, great to see the revival of a Morrowind thread.
The perfect opportunity to reinstall MorReb&MGSO! :shepicide:

I don't even know how this game keeps dragging people back into it, it's poorly balanced and utterly broken in places BUT STILL SO GOOD.

Yeah a lot of great games are like this. Skyrim was less good for me because it felt more like a real game rather than a living world. I really don't care about balance or even "fun" as much as I do about an interesting world.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Totally off the topic of modding, but I stumbled into a Dwemer fortress while doing a Thieve's Guild quest that has a tunnel under the ghostfence. I had no idea you could get inside without doing the main quest, but I'm now standing outside Vemynal (where you get Sunder) and I haven't even done Caius' first quest yet.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Totally off the topic of modding, but I stumbled into a Dwemer fortress while doing a Thieve's Guild quest that has a tunnel under the ghostfence. I had no idea you could get inside without doing the main quest, but I'm now standing outside Vemynal (where you get Sunder) and I haven't even done Caius' first quest yet.

There's two ways into Red Mountain besides Ghostgate, as I recall. The other one goes through the Chimer fortress in the north Ashlands.

Or you can just levitate over the fence.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Any clue on what could be causing head tracking to disable? It has to be one of my mods (maybe) because when I disable everything but .esms it works fine, but I one by one added mods to the point where my load order was completely back and it still was working?

edit: Turns out it was abotBoats that was doing it :sigh: That was a pretty neat mod too.

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Nov 4, 2013

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!

Gyshall posted:

Can any of you cool dudes rehost AllConnraryTextures.rar from the OP? Can't find it anywhere.

Looks like Ogg's and Furious Pirate's megapacks disappeared with Alluvion as well.

I already have that one. The more important thing to me is being able to easily track which dungeons I've bothered to explore. Otherwise there's nothing stopping me from removing the mark once I've explored it and then accidentally re-exploring it later.

If you double-click inside your map while in local view, you can add a marker/note which shows up as a red box. It's not visible on your HUD map, though, so you'll have to open the menu to check.

Cannot Find Server posted:

There's a mod that lets you mark multiple spots, and when you recall you can choose which spot to recall to.

Stuporstar posted:

Also, this is the best multi-mark mod I've found: http://download.fliggerty.com/download-37-292. You can drop way more marks with it and it also lets you call companions as a group.

drat, how did I not know about these. Totally adding them to the OP.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Stuporstar posted:

I usually drop something in front of the doorway to remind me. If it's one I intend to revisit because I've left unaltered containers for the 72-hour cleanup to forget its contents (hoping for grand soul gems to spawn), then I leave a coin in front of the door. Once they're cleaned out, I drop a vase or bowl or bottle or some other junk I got from the containers that I don't want.

Also, this is the best multi-mark mod I've found: http://download.fliggerty.com/download-37-292. You can drop way more marks with it and it also lets you call companions as a group.

This reminds me that I absolutely need to reinstall that once-popular chalk mod, which is suuuuuper handy for leaving yourself messages about things like what you have/haven't explored. I don't have a link handy ATM, but the one I recall lets you leave various useful symbols/marks on the ground, or type your own messages. Chalk's sold at merchants in a couple different colors, and a stick has a limited number of uses (but they're light and cheap). It really was a must-have for players wanting to rough it and do some hardcore exploration.

Trustworthy fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Nov 4, 2013

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com

Gyshall posted:

Musical_Daredevil posted:

Looks like Ogg's......

I host these files and the file is still there, I will look into this in a little while think my 'A Records' are jacked.

*edit*
And it is working now, if there are any other 'rare' files that people have a hard time locating/downloading reliably, let me know a place to download them initially if possible and I will host them as well:

http://www.staglanparty.com/mw/oggumsmods.exe - 613 MB (hosting since 11/15/2010)
http://www.staglanparty.com/mw/AllConnaryTextures.rar - 189.8 MB (hosting since 11/15/2010)
http://www.staglanparty.com/mw/BH%20Pluginless.7z - 8.6 MB (not sure why I hosted this but it is there, hosting since 06/30/13)

Let me know if this occurs again.

Bone_Enterprise fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Nov 4, 2013

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

I didn't know Alluvion was gone, whoops. I'll try to find a new site to host my modpack as soon as I can.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Cannot Find Server posted:

On my longest-played file, I actually bought a notebook and wrote down every place I visited and cleaned out. Yeah it wasn't sophisticated at all, but for some reason, it seemed to actually make exploration even more fun, something I thought impossible with this game. Guess it helped with the immersion or something.

About 3-4 years ago I was visiting my Dad and I let my younger brother play Morrowind. He was 11-12 at the time and he was writing stuff down in a notebook and it was really funny to me listening to him tell me about how had to find [horribly mispronounced] mushroom name in order to become a real wizard. This was coming from a kid who pretty much only played Call of Duty.

In other news, I was helping my Mom go through some old documents, and I found my original Morrowind paper map. Apparently I gave it to her back in 2006-2007 so she could get it laminated for me (she is a teacher) and she forgot about it. It is in pretty rough shape but it is still in one piece. I really need to get it laminated.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

soscannonballs posted:

I really need to get it laminated.
Have your mom do it.

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com

Oggumogoggum posted:

I didn't know Alluvion was gone, whoops. I'll try to find a new site to host my modpack as soon as I can.

As mentioned I will do it, I and unless there is a newer version than the one I have I already am.

This is to an extent I should say as I only have a quota of disk space to work with, however I doubt I ever will hit it.

Bone_Enterprise fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Nov 4, 2013

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

It's looking like OpenMW is going to be finished before TR, as if that were any surprise. TR takes forever because people like me make a showcase, get on the TR team, look at what's left, and get burnt out almost instantly.

I would recommend people update to the newest version of TR (remember to get the newest TR_data.esm and bsa), TR_Mainland if only to get the thousands of fixes and balancing that was done. I went through every line of dialogue and fixed hundreds of typos for that release. Yes it breaks old mods using TR's old naming scheme, but if you make blank .esm's named TR_Map1, 2, etc it won't have any errors. (I put some up on mediafire a year ago, I can find it if people would want it)

There's also the nifty TR_Map4 alpha that was posted years ago if you want a chunk of exteriors to jump around I can find. Almalexia exteriors are finished, interiors are 90% done, and NPCs/quests will take another few weeks/months at best. I'd post a goon-only beta if I didn't respect the guys so much, but I can take screenshots of anything in TR you might want. Blacklight especially looks incredible, but won't be released for years.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Shibawanko posted:

There's two ways into Red Mountain besides Ghostgate, as I recall. The other one goes through the Chimer fortress in the north Ashlands.

Huh, I've dumped more than 1000 hours into this game over the years and never gotten in outside of the main quest before. I now have all of Kagrenac's tools (except wraithguard) and I haven't talked to Caius yet. I'm now in Mournhold because I want to kill Almalexia and make a sweet enchanted Ebony longblade :).

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Shibawanko posted:

Are you sure about this? I've never heard of a way under the Ghostfence other than Kogoruhn and I can't find anything with Google or on any wikis.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I swore there was also an egg mine or something that went under the Ghostfence, but I might be wrong.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

GrumpyDoctor posted:

Are you sure about this? I've never heard of a way under the Ghostfence other than Kogoruhn and I can't find anything with Google or on any wikis.

Left is talking about Kogoruhn, another way in besides glitching through the gate or jumping over doesn't exist in the vanilla game.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
Just done installing a whole bunch of mods to basic morrowind and I'm stuck, I remember last time i played through I had mods that expanded the cities but I cant for the life of me remember what they were, anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? I seem to remember Balmora, Seyda Neen etc all had more buildings.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

GrumpyDoctor posted:

Well I haven't played in a while but I seem to recall that there was another way in. One way was through Ghostgate, the other was Kogoruhn-Vemynal (I think) and I seem to recall that there was a route from Grasslands too, via a mine or something, that landed you in the east part of RM, but it's been a while. Maybe I'm just misremembering the location of Vemynal.

E: I checked it, I was wrong! This only shows that I should play this game again...

Shibawanko fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Nov 4, 2013

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 4, 2020

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Extra posted:

Get this mod why are you not playing this mod it is amazing and made by the same guy who did Blackreach Railroad for skyrim.

But uh in all seriousness some person spent way too much time intricately creating a crazy clockwork city with a ton of moving parts and environments and a ton of stuff to explore in an underground steam fortress. 2013 and people are still making insane content for this game.

More like Blackreach Railroad is made by the guy who made SSE. Trainwiz is nuts though, last I heard he was making his own arcanum-style RPG. Anything he makes oozes quality, even his super old MW mod I can't remember the name of right now, but it was also a steampunk kind of mod (main city was named Omnicron), does anyone know what it was called? edit: this was it http://morrowind.nexusmods.com/mods/34725/

Kea posted:

Just done installing a whole bunch of mods to basic morrowind and I'm stuck, I remember last time i played through I had mods that expanded the cities but I cant for the life of me remember what they were, anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? I seem to remember Balmora, Seyda Neen etc all had more buildings.

There's a few out there, every modder seems to make a stab at expanding one of those two cities. Morrowind Rebirth I think was the name of the one that redid every city on the land. If you're not using a rebalance mod it's worth checking out, as it only adds fairly lore-friendly things, while fixing landscape seams and making cities more coherently laid-out. There was also a Balmora community mod that stuck everyone's buildings into one massive expansion that varied in quality from "wat ar you doin here" to topless metal bikini shopkeepers.

mbt fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Nov 4, 2013

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Morrowind Rebirth, sadly, has no grass.

How can a man live without modded grass? :negative:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Berke Negri posted:

Morrowind Rebirth, sadly, has no grass.

How can a man live without modded grass? :negative:

Someone on the bethsoft forums did a partial grassing of it a while back.

But yeah I see your point. The grass tool isn't too hard, I could give it a go.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
Balmora expansion is the one with bikini chainmail armor I remember now, it also has an underground area full of SUPER COOL NPCS IN SUPER COOL ARMOR apparently made by a 15 year old. Ill just use Rebirth.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
I'm getting that Morrowind itch again but by GOD there's so many mods and mod packs nowadays I don't know where to start. Post your mod lists or mod packs, folks.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Dr Snofeld posted:

I'm getting that Morrowind itch again but by GOD there's so many mods and mod packs nowadays I don't know where to start. Post your mod lists or mod packs, folks.

The first post is a good place to start. The two categories are basically "MGSO" and "Everything else"

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
MGSO is awesome.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Extra posted:

Get this mod why are you not playing this mod it is amazing and made by the same guy who did Blackreach Railroad for skyrim.

But uh in all seriousness some person spent way too much time intricately creating a crazy clockwork city with a ton of moving parts and environments and a ton of stuff to explore in an underground steam fortress. 2013 and people are still making insane content for this game.

Installing this posthaste.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Dr Snofeld posted:

I can post up some of the bigger stuff I have once I get home shortly. Most of my stuff is just making the game prettier/more palatable today. But off the bat get MGSO (seriously) and Tamriel Rebuilt (adds about 1/3 of the rest of Morrowind province to the game and very well done)

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Everyone should use Necessities of Morrowind 3.0 because it is awesome and I adore survival mods.

and because planetelderscrolls.morrowind died eons ago, Morrowind Mod History is the go to site to getting mods. They've been tirelessly trying to get just about every mod ever created.

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Bone_Enterprise posted:

As mentioned I will do it, I and unless there is a newer version than the one I have I already am.

Thanks a lot for that. You've got the newest version -- I haven't updated in a few years. Someday, someday.

I moved recently and had limited space so I had to sell my gaming PC and replace it with a tiny ultrabook, so I can't really do anything heavy, including play Morrowind or work on my mod pack.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Mortimer posted:

Left is talking about Kogoruhn, another way in besides glitching through the gate or jumping over doesn't exist in the vanilla game.

Glitching? There are switches you can use to open the portcullises. No glitching needed.

Mortimer posted:

More like Blackreach Railroad is made by the guy who made SSE. Trainwiz is nuts though, last I heard he was making his own arcanum-style RPG. Anything he makes oozes quality, even his super old MW mod I can't remember the name of right now, but it was also a steampunk kind of mod (main city was named Omnicron), does anyone know what it was called? edit: this was it http://morrowind.nexusmods.com/mods/34725/

Another mod of his that you really should use :v:

PolarPear
Apr 4, 2010
Here's the texture pack The Furious Pirate put together in that now dead torrent.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/137672724/Morrowind/Texture%20Pack%20Project.7z

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Cat Mattress posted:

Glitching? There are switches you can use to open the portcullises. No glitching needed.

But you can't do that until the right point in the main quest. We're talking about ways to get in early.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

quote:

There's two ways into Red Mountain besides Ghostgate

quote:

another way in besides glitching through the gate or jumping over doesn't exist
Glitching through the ghostfence, not gate, but I thought that was pretty clear.

quote:

But you can't do that until the right point in the main quest. We're talking about ways to get in early.
You can walk into Dagoth Ur at level one with zero quests completed. In fact, the first temple quest requires you go to through ghostgate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Mortimer posted:

You can walk into Dagoth Ur at level one with zero quests completed. In fact, the first temple quest requires you go to through ghostgate.

Hell, there's a Temple quest that sends you to the dungeon Dagoth Ur itself. There's nowhere sealed off from you based on quest progress, apart from the very final room of Dagoth Ur, a few locations at the end of the expansions, the Great House strongholds, and probably one or two places I'm overlooking.