Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I predict Paz is gonna chuckle at Kat trying too hard, which will get adorangry in response. The cutest conversation will then unfold.

SHISHKABOB posted:

It provides transit to plot I hope.

This is plot you dummy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I'm probably the only one that likes Konfused Kat more than Attempting Romance Kat, aren't I?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

VanSandman posted:

I'm probably the only one that likes Konfused Kat more than Attempting Romance Kat, aren't I?

There's a distinction?

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

I like Kat either way. :)

She's just trying... really hard right now, I suppose.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

"NOW PEDAL ON THIS HUMAN-POWER GENERATOR!!"
"Oh." :smith:
"Try not to change the speed much. 10MPH/S should do." :mitt:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

VanSandman posted:

Personally, I like chibi-Kat the best.

:3:

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Personally, I like chibi-Kat the best.

:3:

Love this, suggestions for title text?

e: opted for an elegant and profound description

dyzzy fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Nov 4, 2013

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

I think I can actually feel him breathing on my neck.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I'm glad to see Kat's amazing sense of subtlety in play here.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Kat's moves are so smooth that to call them coarse would be a lie and lying is bad.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

SHISHKABOB posted:

There was an awesome chapter that was literally girls getting haircuts. Also Mort Fun Time.

I don't think it would be Gunnerkrigg if every chapter tried to be a big epic thing that never let us invest in the characters.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Razorwired posted:

There was an awesome chapter that was literally girls getting haircuts. Also Mort Fun Time.

I don't think it would be Gunnerkrigg if every chapter tried to be a big epic thing that never let us invest in the characters.

Thanks for your opinion :thumbsup:

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

SHISHKABOB posted:

I agree with Razorwired. I like these silly kids-acting-dumb chapters, they may not push the main plot along but they definitely are important for characterization. They're also entertaining.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

SHISHKABOB posted:

Isn't that exactly what you did? :psyduck:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
The grand plotlines would be pointless without investment in the characters, which is why chapters like this where more human things happen are important.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Not to mention this is a development in the plot vis a vis Kat's attempt to grow a robot.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm confused about where I said I disliked any of that stuff.

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?
You didn't. But this:

SHISHKABOB posted:

could be read as you impatiently waiting for it to be over, which is something people do when they don't like what's going on. Since you are completely caught off guard by that interpretation you obviously meant something else, and that perfectly explains why you had no reason to respond with sarcastic dismissal when someone agreed with you that all this robot-growing/romantic science stuff is great and should be savored.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yes it was a misinterpretation. I apologize for the sarcastic response.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Alright, now let's all hug.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
You missed one!

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=972

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.
Oh man the last frame is fantastic! Not sure how I feel about "suave" Kat, there is no way this isn't going to end in tears.

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

The joke of this whole chapter is that Kat is grossly overestimating the actual drama here. While I see how that can become a self-fulfilling prophecy it seems more likely to me that Paz will just ask what's going on and they'll have a good laugh over it.

But maybe some huge complicating factor will manifest in the next couple of pages and I'll be totally wrong.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Heavy Zed posted:

The joke of this whole chapter is that Kat is grossly overestimating the actual drama here. While I see how that can become a self-fulfilling prophecy it seems more likely to me that Paz will just ask what's going on and they'll have a good laugh over it.

Paz will have a small chuckle and Kat will descend into depths of self-shame and anxiety.

Teenagers.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Way to go, Captain Suavity.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So romantic. :3:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Turns out they couldn't manage.

What the heck, blue stuff! Is that some kind of flame retardant? Or did the wing explode into a huge blob of gunk?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Bleah!

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Was that the room they were in? That was a surprisingly large room.

Edit: Doip! I just figured it out. Kat burned her robowing and they evacuated premises.

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Nov 6, 2013

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.

Fecha posted:

What the heck, blue stuff! Is that some kind of flame retardant? Or did the wing explode into a huge blob of gunk?

I think it's smoke. Acrid electrical fire style.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!

Fecha posted:

It's the mysterious blue smoke. This is a bad thing, because once you've released the mysterious blue smoke, electronics don't work anymore. You'd think the lab would be better ventilated though.

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Fecha posted:

I think it's actually more smoke-like.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

I believe they're out on the street, outside the garage door to the lab/warehouse space.

My first read interpreted Kat as flipping on an AV receiver -- perhaps romantic music! But on second look, considering the results, I assume that was a bench supply powering up her experiment -- which either went up in smoke, or we're seeing fire suppression of some sort -- and either way they've fled the building for fresh air.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Nah dogg, setting off the Halon system is mad romantic. Tell her it brings out the color of her eyes. Ok, maybe that's the hypoxia, but anyway she lookin' good tho.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

KAT HALON IS NOT SEXY

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
That was adorable. I love that the smoke was blue, when you start a blue-smoke-fire you know you've REALLY hosed up.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The fact that the gas is pooling at the ground rather than rising indicates it's probably the fire suppression system, not smoke. :science:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Dang, Kat. That sure is a romantic gassin' you've dished out there. Teach me your ways, oh siren of the science lab. :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Thanks a lot, Annie.