Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

onepixeljumpman posted:

Someone sent this band a request to make an anime OP song for OPM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl0gRhqrOFM

Murata's art doesn't look a bit out of place used in place of where animation would usually go.

Pretty neat use of the comic. I liked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
By the way, this week's chapter has been delayed two weeks to Halloween.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Excellent video. Reminded me of one of my favourite bits from the series.

Such a perfect opening chapter.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Flython posted:

Excellent video. Reminded me of one of my favourite bits from the series.

Such a perfect opening chapter.

"School Child" shirt is still the silliest thing and probably one of the reasons I instantly liked this.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

ViggyNash posted:

"School Child" shirt is still the silliest thing and probably one of the reasons I instantly liked this.

I didn't notice it first time round and I am now laughing my rear end off. Thanks for making me feel like a heartless jerk, Murata! :v:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

RabidWeasel posted:

I didn't notice it first time round and I am now laughing my rear end off. Thanks for making me feel like a heartless jerk, Murata! :v:

My memory may be playing tricks on me but I'm pretty sure it was LITTLE GIRL the first time around, before Murata went and redrew it.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Normally Id be annoyed at a delay, but when it comes to OPM that just means the next chapter will be 90 pages long and in color.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Meme Emulator posted:

Normally Id be annoyed at a delay, but when it comes to OPM that just means the next chapter will be 90 pages long and in color.

Ehhh, the last time Murata said a chapter was gonna be super long (100 pages I think?) it ended up being delayed and only like 40ish pages. Don't quote me on those numbers though.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Reiche posted:

Ehhh, the last time Murata said a chapter was gonna be super long (100 pages I think?) it ended up being delayed and only like 40ish pages. Don't quote me on those numbers though.

Closer to 70-something.

coathat
May 21, 2007

There's a new side story chapter in the latest issue of Jump. So y'all better get to subscribing.

Rhygezenguro
Feb 13, 2012

onepixeljumpman posted:

Someone sent this band a request to make an anime OP song for OPM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl0gRhqrOFM

Well, someone said to make an anime opening of their choice, I'm guessing the guy already had the workings of a onepunch-man opening in his head just waiting for the opportunity.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

coathat posted:

There's a new side story chapter in the latest issue of Jump. So y'all better get to subscribing.
Maybe it's the one that was supposed to be delayed to Halloween? Anyway, it takes place before Saitama was promoted to B class. D-pad and Funeral Suspenders are hilarious. :allears: And Saitama is tempted by money but like a real hero doesn't give in.

coathat
May 21, 2007

No this was the one of the things that caused the delay of the next proper chapter.

Yeah D-pad and Funeral Suspenders are awesome and it was cool that they got to fight and actually win for a while.

And I'm hype that were gonna get another one shot like this in the coming weeks. Really eases the pain of waiting.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I'm not sure if someone has asked this already, but how did Saitama manage to go from B-class rank 101 in the second last chapter to rank 63 in the last one? Is it assumed that he's done some more work between chapters or has it been explicitly said how it happened?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

sharktamer posted:

I'm not sure if someone has asked this already, but how did Saitama manage to go from B-class rank 101 in the second last chapter to rank 63 in the last one? Is it assumed that he's done some more work between chapters or has it been explicitly said how it happened?

It's assumed, I assume. Leastways it hasn't been shown yet, might be in a future bonus chapter, or a previous bonus chapter, he might have had a backlog of reports to submit, whatever.

coathat
May 21, 2007

So only two people on this whole forum read the new chapter? I thought y'all liked this series.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

coathat posted:

So only two people on this whole forum read the new chapter? I thought y'all liked this series.

New chapter? Oh right, no one linked it, so I forgot. :smith:

VVV Thanks

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Oct 31, 2013

coathat
May 21, 2007

Well here you go. http://www.vizmanga.com/weekly-shonen-jump/signup?full=true

It's in the October 28rh issue if you for some reason don't want to subscribe.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
It's in Viz's weekly shonen jump?

coathat
May 21, 2007

Has been all year. There's going to be another new chapter tomorrow too.

coathat
May 21, 2007

It's tomorrow and the new chapter is here in the latest issue of Jump. It's really good just like the last one but I guess everybody here stopped reading.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Well, it's not complicated. People were reading free scans and that's apparently no longer an option. That's fine, just have to be sold on/get adjusted to the new service. Is there any way to actually see what's in a given issue? Onepunch has a fairly sporadic release after all. I'm guessing it's not possible to subscribe to a single series? Other than just counting on subscribers to report what is in each issue.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The interface on Viz's reader is complete dogshit. Still, that was a great chapter. Saitama always pays back a food debt.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

The interface on Viz's reader is also somehow better than Crunchyroll's. :negative: The apps are pretty good, and also the only way to get WSJ outside of North America. OPM is supposed to be bi-weekly, but I wouldn't count on that. If you read one of the other series it might be worth it to subscribe, although you can buy back issues up to three months back, so there's no worry of missing anything if you don't.

I choose to take this chapter as a warning against zero-tolerance policies and the refusal of many organizations devoted to the 'public good' to work together. :v: Also, that one page panel where Saitama is like BANG! is amazing.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

coathat posted:

Well here you go. http://www.vizmanga.com/weekly-shonen-jump/signup?full=true

It's in the October 28rh issue if you for some reason don't want to subscribe.

I'm not registering for this. Guess I'm gonna miss out.

Ottumon
Dec 20, 2012

Autumncomet posted:

The apps are pretty good, and also the only way to get WSJ outside of North America.

So, I'd have to read the chapters with my lovely phone? That seems like just about the worst way to enjoy OPM. It doesn't help either that I can't find any information about pricing and such on their webpage.

e: Actually Google Play says that their application is incompatible with my phone, so I guess I don't even have the option of that. Oh well!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Autumncomet posted:

The interface on Viz's reader is also somehow better than Crunchyroll's. :negative: The apps are pretty good, and also the only way to get WSJ outside of North America. OPM is supposed to be bi-weekly, but I wouldn't count on that. If you read one of the other series it might be worth it to subscribe, although you can buy back issues up to three months back, so there's no worry of missing anything if you don't.

I just don't understand why they don't at the very least let you jump to a specific page if they can't do an interactive index. Unless the mobile apps let you but the online reader doesn't, which is bullshit.

Ottumon posted:

So, I'd have to read the chapters with my lovely phone? That seems like just about the worst way to enjoy OPM. It doesn't help either that I can't find any information about pricing and such on their webpage.

It's $25.99 for a year subscription and you can read it in a browser on your computer instead of on an app if you want. You also get 4 free Yu-Gi-Oh! cards with your purchase, because everyone plays Yu-Gi-Oh!, right? Who could turn down such a deal!

Gyges fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Nov 5, 2013

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Ottumon posted:

e: Actually Google Play says that their application is incompatible with my phone, so I guess I don't even have the option of that. Oh well!

You can just read it with a web browser on your computer, you don't need to use an app.

Ottumon
Dec 20, 2012
That's great. Now there's just the problem of getting the app to run on my phone. Since Finland isn't listed as a country for their international pricing, would trying to get the app to run just be a waste of time, or can someone confirm whether or not they offer the subscription in unlisted countries?

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

As far as I'm aware, you can't use the Viz manga website reader outside of North America (if this has changed, great), but the apps are available in all English-speaking countries for iOS and Android.

Also, Gyges, I'm looking at a slider to change pages for the WSJ web reader thing right now. :confused: It's at the bottom, before all of the comments. Unless you meant the Crunchyroll web reader.

Edit: ^ so that's the web page I was looking for! :v: Probably it'd be a waste of your time unless you're interesting in buying volume releases
Double edit: Wait, nope, that's a WSJ app, not a Viz Media app, so not even volume release :lol:

Mecca-Benghazi fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Nov 5, 2013

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Ah, I tried using that and it just froze up so I didn't try again.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Before signing up, what kind of payment options does Viz accept for back issues and/or subscriptions?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Well, since I don't have a smartphone and I live on a country unsupported by Viz. I'm hosed :smith:

Let's hope I can get the tankobon when/if they're released.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I would assume that scanalations would turn up in a couple days or so. Lord knows being able to buy it same day as Japan hasn't stopped the scans of most of the other mangas in jump.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Gyges posted:

I would assume that scanalations would turn up in a couple days or so. Lord knows being able to buy it same day as Japan hasn't stopped the scans of most of the other mangas in jump.

Well, I know for a fair number of them (One Piece, Naruto etc) part of the reason is that the scanlations usually come out before the chapter is released in Japan.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Prison Warden posted:

Well, I know for a fair number of them (One Piece, Naruto etc) part of the reason is that the scanlations usually come out before the chapter is released in Japan.

Yeah, I bought a subscription about a year ago and never actually used it because One Piece is usually leaked about a week before it's published, so WSJ was always stuck with the second newest chapter.

But if they're keeping ahead of scanlations for One Punch Man than I'll gladly renew my subscription when my current one runs out. Just wish they didn't have such a lovely flash reader, I just wanna scroll down to read, man, let me scroll.

Also that title page was amazing. :allears:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I do wish I could subscribe just to this since I have no interest in any of the other things in WSJ, but whatever.

Bang.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

The heroes organization seems to be a lot more petty and vain than it first appeared.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

coathat posted:

It's tomorrow and the new chapter is here in the latest issue of Jump. It's really good just like the last one but I guess everybody here stopped reading.

There's nothing on the TnYJ site so I had no idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~
anyone know how to deal with this weird app? I can purchase the latest issue, and the issue they have in the banner ad, but I can't navigate anywhere else in order to get the last issue with the other bonus chapter.