Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Is anybody willing to hit my Smeargle with Ice Punch so I can sketch it? Go ahead and murder me afterward, I just need something to hit him and not kill him (level 30ish).

Smeargle doesn't remember moves it Sketches in Wi-Fi battles, but you can take it to one of the restaurants that you can do double battles at and have its partner use Ice Punch and then Sketch that.

Edit: Beaten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Awesome Andy posted:

I live in Hawaii if anyone wants a fancy ocean Vivillion.
my friend code is 0662-3490-5328

I haven't been playing for long and I haven't started breeding yet but I can send some scatterbugs out.

I would really, really like one!

Friend code: 2552-1342-8399

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Apparently Mega Latias is Dragon/Fairy while Mega Latios retains Dragon/Psychic, and both get Multiscale.

SOMEONE seems pretty pleased.

Here's the guy's Twitter who is uploading the information/screenshots: https://twitter.com/Parque_Compi

Millions fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Nov 5, 2013

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
So I'm not sure what I should be doing with this Mega Mewtwo X. He's got enough Attack to choke a horse, but his physical movepool seems kinda lovely.

WontGetFooledAgain
Nov 5, 2012
Nothing feels better than beating down a team full of legendaries:

RFZG-WWWW-WWW2-GUQR

But someone playing without is a better challenge:

B8QG-WWWW-WWW2-GURC

Course its still annoying fighting eastern players because its always Mewtwo or Xerneas or Yevetal, or god forbid all at once. I guess thats what I get for using Battle Spot.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

YggiDee posted:

So I'm not sure what I should be doing with this Mega Mewtwo X. He's got enough Attack to choke a horse, but his physical movepool seems kinda lovely.

Presumably it'll have more options once there are move tutors. One imported with Pokemon Bank will be able to have Drain Punch and all three elemental punches. As it stands, you may have to make do with Psycho Cut, Brick Break, Earthquake, Poison Jab, Return, etc. Its stats suggest that it's meant to play a bit more defensively than Mega Mewtwo Y, so unless it got some new undocumented toy in its level-up move list, I'd stick Recover or Safeguard on it and play a slower game.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Operation Storm the Maison is well underway. I have the three mons that should be able to give it a good smashing. They've got nice natures, good IVs, EVs are all done. Now just to get them levelled up and learning some moves. And the first thing I'm going to get is an Ability Capsule because really Shellder, you had everything I wanted apart from Skill Link. You dick.

So I'm going for Blaziken, Cloyster, and Excadrill. They aren't entirely perfect, but they're close enough for a first foray into breeding. Maybe it won't be enough for an amazing streak, but should be enough to get some BP for nice presents. It is just three Pokemon you use in the singles, right? Guess I can scare something up if it's four.

To be honest, in Gen V I'd have just hacked up a No Guard OHKO team of Electrode and Ninjask and Jolteon. With a couple of fire moves just in case of certain soul devouring bugs. Going legit this time. Even if the game won't.

Also, the Champion can turn up in the Chateau. Don't know if it needs the Black Writ of Challenge, but you definitely need the highest rank. And of course, now that I am the highest rank, I never want to go there again because ripping off the restaurant is so much more efficient. Sorry guy, prepare for many more heart attacks. Maybe you shouldn't get so worked up about Pokemon. (Yeah, I'm throwing stones out of my glass house here)

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ooh, Dragon/Fairy? Excellent. Thought it was a shame there weren't any of those, seems like an interesting combination.

Edit: oops, double post. Sorry

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

nerdbot posted:

Are you sure? I've breeded females with Dittos and it always just ends up as a Pokeball unless I've been really inattentive somehow?

Yes I am certain. I have a male protean froakie in a dive ball, which would otherwise be impossible. The non ditto has to be female, and it can't be in a masterball.

I am still working on my durant team. I am using a Durant (Entrainment and thunder wave) a Smeargle (Ingrain, Protect, Quiver dance and Baton Pass) and I am deciding between (both have to have protect and substitute) Mega Gardevoir (Ghost and Fairy offers almost perfect neutral coverage) or Mega Blastoise (Bulkier, and with quiver dance sp. def boost should be unkillable, but I can't decide on the two attacks. Fighting and Dark would be very good but almost every fairy would resist it).

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

8NGW-WWWW-WWW2-GUQL

This is the first time I've ever felt moderately alright in this game vs a random person. I made a few mistakes but mostly only lost pokemon when I didn't think they'd be much use later on (except my Rotom, I kinda just hosed up and forgot type matchups)

whatPanache
Mar 7, 2008

Ditto is my favorite Pokemon. But it seems to be really really rare/valuable :ohdeat: What is the best way to get an Imposter one? Is there any way to check what the Abilities of GTS Pokemon are? And lastly, if you put two Ditto in the daycare do you get Ditto eggs?

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life

Ernutetnoiraud posted:

I would really, really like one!

Friend code: 2552-1342-8399

got one for you and let me know if anyone else wants one.

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

qxan posted:

And lastly, if you put two Ditto in the daycare do you get Ditto eggs?
No, sadly, Ditto can't breed with itself. Pity - they could have gone a looooooong way towards making breeding tolerable by removing that restriction - 6V Ditto plus the Destiny Knot mechanic makes for high-stat babies relatively fast.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

qxan posted:

Ditto is my favorite Pokemon. But it seems to be really really rare/valuable :ohdeat: What is the best way to get an Imposter one? Is there any way to check what the Abilities of GTS Pokemon are? And lastly, if you put two Ditto in the daycare do you get Ditto eggs?

You can ask someone in the trading thread if you want one (or I could probably send you one, if you want). No there's no way to check the Abilities of GTS Pokemon and no you don't get Ditto eggs through any means.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Awesome Andy posted:

I'll take one, I can pay in pumpkinmon.

FC: 4210-5409-4092

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Why does it have to be so hard to get a max-size Pumpkaboo?

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I'm not quite ready to throw myself into the breeding game so I started a new file. How many Pokemon will that new Exp. Share allow to use comfortably? Comfortably as in not having to grind very much.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Mega Scizor, you so good to me.

T7SG-WWWW-WWW2-GVGD
PABG-WWWW-WWW2-GVGL

Fynn's team had nothing that could deal with Scizor, man. He tried with Gengar TBolting him, but I had everything in Bullet Punch range by then.

The second match against Daiyaa was pretty rough, too. Extremespeed Arcanine's a jerk!

Also, these mock battle things you can do are pretty awesome. Try it if you haven't. Lets you fight either of the two people in the match you're watching. AI's apparently good enough to Mega Evolve if you're set up right.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Why does it have to be so hard to get a max-size Pumpkaboo?

Faint a compound eyes pkmn as your lead then bring a pokemon with frisk as you number two. Max Jumbo Pumpkaboos are guaranteed to have Miracle Seeds so that increases your odds of finding one. I got lucky and m second Pumpkaboo was jumbo.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Awesome Andy posted:

Could you add me? FC: 3067-5151-4488

On a side note, what is a good nature for Carracosta? Bred myself a perfect Archeops and am now working on his fossil compatriot :911:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Awesome Andy posted:

I haven't been playing for long and I haven't started breeding yet but I can send some scatterbugs out.

Yes, please, please! My FC is 2836-1372-5361

By the way, a couple of times I've gone into GTS looking for Vivillons, I'll find a trade, and I'll have a Pokemon that meets the requirements (for example, one guy asked for a 31-40 Ditto, I had a level 33 one) and when I try to complete the trade it says "This Pokemon cannot be traded!" This is definitely different from a couple of times when I see a new trade up and pick a matching Pokemon and it says "The trade has already been completed." What is the problem I'm having?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Is there a medal for buying every single item of clothing? Because I refuse to buy fedoras. Almost there, even have my cool Sundae Dress.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

myron cope posted:

I've been trying to catch a Heracross for like 20 minutes now. I haven't even seen one yet :argh: (Yes, I'm playing Y)

Want me to breed you one? I can't do nature on demand or perfect IVs yet, but I can give you a heracross egg and you can raise it loyal from scratch

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy
36 Boxes of Eevee down without a shiny. I'd be upset if it took any effort.

The masuda method should work with a japanese ditto and an eevee I caught, right?

Lenaway fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Nov 5, 2013

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Awesome Andy posted:

Aw bullshit, I live in Hawaii and why isn't my Vivillion an Ocean variety? :(

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral

Scrap Dragon posted:

I'm not quite ready to throw myself into the breeding game so I started a new file. How many Pokemon will that new Exp. Share allow to use comfortably? Comfortably as in not having to grind very much.

I constantly had 6 Pokemon in my party from the moment I got the EXP share

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Scrap Dragon posted:

Honestly, you could probably roll with one mon and have five constantly rotating slots. None of the battles in XY are particularly challenging until they throw Megas at you, and even then you'll probably overleveled enough to comfortably take them.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
I'm going to take a run through the Battle Maison. I'm not entirely sure how to go about it, though; I might just go with Rotation because I've already unlocked Super Rotation. Plus, I dread seeing shinies in Battle Frontier areas ever since I saw a shiny in Platinum's Battle Castle. :sigh: Does anyone know if the Maison can spawn shinies as well?

I've also been breeding berries! I have most of the "raise stat in a pinch" berries, so now I'm working on Kee and Maranga. After I can get a good stockpile of those, I'll start handing them out to anyone who wants them.

Awesome Andy posted:

I would love to have one, please! Unfortunately, my Vivillon have the High Plains pattern. I can still get you one if you want it, but if not I'll give you one of the Pokemon I bred. My code is 2964 - 8884 - 4510.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
So, if I wanted Drain Punch and Dragon Dance on a Scraggy this gen, would I have to breed a male Mienfoo with Drain Punch with a female Scraggy, hatch a female one, then breed that with a male Axew with Dragon Dance?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Scrap Dragon posted:

The Exp. Share is so overpowered you can comfortably rotate two full parties in and out throughout the game. Throw the Pokemon Amie experience bonus on top of that and you might be able to swing three or more.

Orchids!
May 17, 2009

Awesome Andy posted:

Posted on the last page but it got lost in the shuffle, my FC is 4468-1465-0357.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yes, please, please! My FC is 2836-1372-5361

By the way, a couple of times I've gone into GTS looking for Vivillons, I'll find a trade, and I'll have a Pokemon that meets the requirements (for example, one guy asked for a 31-40 Ditto, I had a level 33 one) and when I try to complete the trade it says "This Pokemon cannot be traded!" This is definitely different from a couple of times when I see a new trade up and pick a matching Pokemon and it says "The trade has already been completed." What is the problem I'm having?

That's really odd, I haven't seen that one yet. It always just says "This Pokemon has already been traded" for me.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Scrap Dragon posted:

I had the exp share on about half the time and I think I used 15.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Lenaway posted:

36 Boxes of Eevee down without a shiny. I'd be upset if it took any effort.

The masuda method should work with a japanese ditto and an eevee I caught, right?

My friend found a shiny Eevee in 5 eggs, then a shiny espurr in 7, then a shiny zorua in 20

I have no idea how the hell he managed it. He gave me the eevee out of pity though due to me hatching 600 something eggs.

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

My friend found a shiny Eevee in 5 eggs, then a shiny espurr in 7, then a shiny zorua in 20

I have no idea how the hell he managed it. He gave me the eevee out of pity though due to me hatching 600 something eggs.
That's awesome. What'd you change it into?

I'll just keep going till I get it. Petting and feeding my shiny jerk will be worth it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Lenaway posted:

That's awesome. What'd you change it into?

I'll just keep going till I get it. Petting and feeding my shiny jerk will be worth it.

It's a Sylveon now. It looks really awesome and the coloration is nice. Every pokemon this gen has a nice shiny I think, it's as if gamefreak realized people want them to actually look different.

shs
Feb 14, 2012
I barely know half the pokemon's normal colors, much less their shiny colors. For all I know I might have several and not even realize it. In White 2 I didn't realize I'd hatched a shiny until the medal guy gave me a medal for it.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Every pokemon this gen has a nice shiny I think,

:barf:

But yeah I mostly agree, there are some drat cool shinies this gen. The Chespin, Honedge, and Inkay lines particularly stand out.

Wallet Inspector
Jun 15, 2012

Scrap Dragon posted:

Using 12 in my Y playthrough, am way over levelled with regular stops at the battle chateau (the money one), poke-amie and three traded pokemon. Twelve pokemon with none of that should keep you at around the game's level.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

LAY-ZX posted:

:barf:

But yeah I mostly agree, there are some drat cool shinies this gen. The Chespin, Honedge, and Inkay lines particularly stand out.

Ew. I might even release that one if I got it, it's so god drat tacky and hideous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Thanks for the tip about Smeargle and wifi. For the record, Sneasel CAN learn ice punch as an egg move with a Smeargle daddy.

I'm new to breeding. If I have boxes and boxes of Sneasels with pursuit or ice punch, and smearges with both pursuit and ice punch, which parents do I need to use to get a Sneasel with both moves?

• Locked thread