Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Battle Pigeon posted:

Is it listed on this page? I didn't see one for girls. http://www.serebii.net/xy/customisation.shtml

The short parkas at least to my eyes look like hoodies. Those are what I was referring to anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.

Talmonis posted:

Sweeping random teams that use: Mewtwo, Yvetal, Xerneas, Mega Blaziken, Venusaur and Greninja using only Exploud and Venomoth is pure troll value.

A few pages back, but um, how?

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

MustelaFuro posted:

Venomoth is the only pokemon that can Baton Pass Quiver Dance, and Exploud gets Boomburst now.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Iron Rose posted:

I have a metric fuckton of them that I'm dying to get rid of. Hit me up, my friend code is 1564-2420-2254. Literally just set up my friend card so I've no clue how this works, but if you want protean froakies I'm your gal.

E: Read the next page first. If anyone else wants some though, hit me up.

I'm definitely in the market for a Protean Froakie, though I don't have much to trade for one yet, and also I'm at work for a few more hours. My friend code is 2895-6921-1705, though, if you happen to feel like shooting one of those beauties my way!

Techno-Mahou
May 1, 2008

Which worldline am I in this time...

The Iron Rose posted:

I have a metric fuckton of them that I'm dying to get rid of. Hit me up, my friend code is 1564-2420-2254. Literally just set up my friend card so I've no clue how this works, but if you want protean froakies I'm your gal.

E: Read the next page first. If anyone else wants some though, hit me up.

I'd like a protean Froakie, female if possible. All I have for trade right now are 5IV modest Ralts, 3IV+0Spe brave Honedge, 3-4IV adamant technician Scyther & 3IV timid drought Vulpix. If any of those are good, just let me know. My friend code is 2036-6707-0230.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

MustelaFuro posted:

Scrappy Choice Specs Boomburst is really, really strong and Ghosts can't wall it.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Global Link is loving cool

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Volt Catfish posted:

From what I understand you can't even wear shorts unless you're a girl so clearly you should pick the girl.

The girl may be the only one who can wear shirts but only the guy gets the ridiculous panda hat. Also if you put the shades on it looks like the panda is wearing them.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

If you are breeding Vivillon, does it use the origin data of the parent Pokemon or do the eggs hatch with your region design?

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Harlock posted:

If you are breeding Vivillon, does it use the origin data of the parent Pokemon or do the eggs hatch with your region design?

Vivillon patterns are determined by OT, so if you hatch eggs they will be your pattern since you're the OT.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

stinkles1112 posted:

So, I'm totally in love with Zoroark's ability and really want to use it to throw off some people online. Does anybody have any good ideas for both a moveset and an Illusion target? For his moves, I know that I want Taunt, but I don't know if I should go for STABby things and try to pile damage with his respectable base 120 Sp.Atk or if I want to give him an Expert Belt and a bunch of moves like Aerial Ace and Flamethrower, etc.

For his Illusion target I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with Toxicroak but if anybody has any hilarious ideas I'm open to them.

the target of mine was usually Chandelure or Conkledurr, with a move set of nasty plot/flamethrower/dark pulse/focus blast, holding a focus sash. got so many questions of how does Chandelure get nasty plot.

Orchids!
May 17, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Not sure if it's been posted so forgive me on this but took a picture of Shiny Mega Gardivoir

She looks really awesome, congrats on your psychic shiny prediction powers!

Whether or not you pick the boy or girl entirely depends on whether you like looking super cute or dressing in graphic tees and windbreakers like a nerd. :colbert:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
4RAW-WWWW-WWW2-HK8B

This is without a doubt the dumbest way I've ever won. This game lasted 20 turns, entirely because despite being outplayed my Gothitelle is a tank. When it came down to his last two pokemon, I was able to psychic down his Noivern. Then it became a staring contest between his Meowstic and min. We kept buffing with calm mind, thinking we could outlast each other. Then I scored a crit after like 10 turns of that and won.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
A shiny Farfetch'd.

I think that's how the game just actively makes fun of you :shepicide:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

sword_man.gif posted:

A shiny Farfetch'd.

I think that's how the game just actively makes fun of you :shepicide:

gently caress you, Farfetch'd owns. If you haven't beaten the elite 4 you're now obligated to use him for the rest of the game.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Someone rigged up their 3DS to automatically find shinies through chain fishing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moBGHUfw-Ho&t=128s

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Shear Modulus posted:

gently caress you, Farfetch'd owns.

I beat the Elite Four a long time ago and Farfetch'd is one of the few Pokemon in the game that is pretty much truly useless.

Farfetch'd and Luvdisc. At least Sunkern evolves.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Farfetch'd can learn Cut, Fly, and False Swipe. Teach him Thief as well and he'll come in useful a lot. Plus he's cute as gently caress.

In battle though, yeah, he's pretty much gonna drop dead instantly.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Guys, I just got my first female Combee and named it Royalew/Bees. I don't know if that means I've aged out of Pokemon or that I've finally aged in.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Slate Action posted:

Farfetch'd can learn Cut, Fly, and False Swipe. And he's cute as gently caress.

Yeah see I don't need a cutter anymore and I use Talonflame as a fly carrier because it also has flame body for egg hatching.

I was actually planning to try a Leaf Blade/Night Slash with a Stick (since, supposedly, stick now makes high-crit always crit) but even then it needs a Swords Dance/Speed Boost baton pass and I have to pray it survives the switch.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Guys, I just got my first female Combee and named it Royalew/Bees. I don't know if that means I've aged out of Pokemon or that I've finally aged in.

You're doing all right.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Does Thief work even if it knocks out the opposing Pokemon? Just wondering if my wonderful Heart Scale stealing Vivillon is going to be out of a job if he gets too strong.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

McDragon posted:

Does Thief work even if it knocks out the opposing Pokemon? Just wondering if my wonderful Heart Scale stealing Vivillon is going to be out of a job if he gets too strong.

Yep.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

sword_man.gif posted:

I beat the Elite Four a long time ago and Farfetch'd is one of the few Pokemon in the game that is pretty much truly useless.

Farfetch'd and Luvdisc. At least Sunkern evolves.

Statistically, what are the weakest Pokemon in the game right now? Luvdisc's one of 'em, but what are some others?

I'm gonna turn them into online battlin' machines. I already have plans for Luvdisc. It just needs some comrades first!

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

ChibiSoma posted:

Statistically, what are the weakest Pokemon in the game right now? Luvdisc's one of 'em, but what are some others?

I'm gonna turn them into online battlin' machines. I already have plans for Luvdisc. It just needs some comrades first!

Sunkern is, at least in terms of BST, the weakest I believe.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

ChibiSoma posted:

I assume you're only interested in fully evolved, so.

Smeargle, Ditto, Delibird, Luvdisc, Unown, Farfetch'd.

If you don't want the gimmicks of Ditto, Delibird, and Unown, then replace them with Corsola, Mawile, and Kricketune.

Note that out of these Smeargle actually has some use because it's speed is...tolerable, and it technically has a gigantic movepool. But it's a support - it will never kill anything. Unless you use some kind of toxic/infestation/wrap with a binding band but oh crackers do you really think this thing is going to get three turns per pokemon to set up.

Sunkern at least has the excuse that it evolves into the pretty tolerable Sunflora.

sword_man.gif fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Nov 5, 2013

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

McDragon posted:

Yes, but make sure you manually check and remove the stolen item every time one is taken or you'll kick yourself.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nakar posted:

Yes, but make sure you manually check and remove the stolen item every time one is taken or you'll kick yourself.

Also you might wanna upgrade and go with a Noibat with Frisk and Thief. That way you can quickly run away due to it's high-speed.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

FauxGateau posted:

Also you might wanna upgrade and go with a Noibat with Frisk and Thief. That way you can quickly run away due to it's high-speed.

Vivillon has the Compound Eyes ability, which increases the chance of wild Pokemon holding an item, so it's probably better.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
It's Luvdiscs, man. Vivillon's plenty fast, and Compoundeyes increases the odds of an item being there to steal. You could faint Vivillon in slot one and use a Frisk Noivern second though, assuming that trick still works.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

sword_man.gif posted:

I was actually planning to try a Leaf Blade/Night Slash with a Stick (since, supposedly, stick now makes high-crit always crit) but even then it needs a Swords Dance/Speed Boost baton pass and I have to pray it survives the switch.

Don't forget Slash. An effective 105 BP attack that always crits and ignores defensive boosts isn't too shabby... although it is coming off Farfetch'd awful attack. It caps out at 251 with a helpful nature and maxed IV/EVs. :v:

Still, always crits. That's kind of a cool gimmick and might make Farfetch'd viable in NU as a wallbreaker of some kind. :shobon:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Prefacing this with "I do not know the names of different 'positions' on a Pokemon team"

That said, I was thinking of using Goodra as somewhat of an annoying type Poke. It seemed like, at lease for the E4, my biggest plan of movement would be to change it so it rains, hit them, heal up, wake up, repeat the process. Unless/when I get to Drasna, the dragon-type member, I feel like I should be fine? I know I can easily get through the E4 with any Poke, I get that, but I wanna take this from the mentality that the E4 are legitimate players with these Pokes at their disposal.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Dr Pepper posted:

Vivillon has the Compound Eyes ability, which increases the chance of wild Pokemon holding an item, so it's probably better.

This may have been answered already, but can you have a fainted Pokemon with Compound Eyes in the first party slot and have its ability still work? I remember this working for Gen IV.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Dr Pepper posted:

You can do both. Put an unconscious Compound Eyes user on point, then the Frisk Thief user in the second slot. It'll work.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

DizzyBum posted:

This may have been answered already, but can you have a fainted Pokemon with Compound Eyes in the first party slot and have its ability still work? I remember this working for Gen IV.

I'm pretty sure this still works since I was using a fainted Scatterbug while hunting for sticks and found two in pretty short order.

Could just be confirmation bias though.

I forgot about slash. Even though the shiny one has a poo poo nature (+def-sp.def) maybe I'll try it anyways just to see if I can win with a gimmick. That'd be a video worth seeing.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
First foray into online battles went well, I do not give a poo poo about your Mega Gengar. :black101: Though that Gastrodon worried me a bit.

ESXG-WWWW-WWW2-HLVD

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

ChibiSoma posted:

Spinda! Then there is also Ledian- it gets iron fist.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Thanks for the tips on Luvdisc mugging, everybody. Will try them out next time I need some but I've got a pretty nice stockpile for now.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Bongo Bill posted:

You can do both. Put an unconscious Compound Eyes user on point, then the Frisk Thief user in the second slot. It'll work.

Yeah but what monster doesn't instantly revive a fainted Pokemon? :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Dr Pepper posted:

Yeah but what monster doesn't instantly revive a fainted Pokemon? :colbert:

The kind of monster that sets out to mug scores of adorable, harmless fish.

• Locked thread