Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
give me thread
Dec 29, 2008

futile posted:

Inconsequential NPCs does add that town crier to Solitude. It doesn't add ghosts walking around in the city of Winterhold. There's like 2 of them in The Midden.
Aw man, that town crier and his stupid vuvuzeBUUUUUUU

In addition, most of the new voices seem to be a tad louder than the original Skyrim voice acting. Nice mod overall, but could use with some improvements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I reset my perks in SPERG and now my health, magicka and stamina are all like 50 points low, what did I do?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

theshim posted:

I reset my perks in SPERG and now my health, magicka and stamina are all like 50 points low, what did I do?

SPERG has a perk reset penalty that kicks in every time you do it (so people don't abuse the hell out of it). It can be turned off in the MCM menu though. Or you had those perks which gave you an extra 50 health/magicka/stamina and now you don't have them anymore.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I installed the MO to handle my mods and BOSS to help get my load order correct. According to the tutorial for the MO BOSS should be in the list of programs to run, and when I runn BOSS it doesn't appear to do anything? Did I do something wrong?

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Are there any Fast Travel mods that will restrict Fast Travel to just the major cities and player homes, and not just eliminate it outright?

EDIT: Scratch that. I decided to give Better Fast Travel a shot, which adds a fleet of carriages to all the li'l hamlets and has the option to toggle off Map Fast Travel. I gotta say, this is working out quite nicely! Between this, SPERG, Frostfall and Morrowloot, Skyrim's getting a LOT of fresh air breathed into it.

i am tim! fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Nov 4, 2013

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

BigRed0427 posted:

I installed the MO to handle my mods and BOSS to help get my load order correct. According to the tutorial for the MO BOSS should be in the list of programs to run, and when I runn BOSS it doesn't appear to do anything? Did I do something wrong?

Did you set up the filepath for BOSS correctly?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Scyantific posted:

Did you set up the filepath for BOSS correctly?

What is the file past suppose to be? The path for Skyrim or the MO?

Edit: Got it to work :)

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 4, 2013

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

LtSmash posted:

MO can import your mods from NMM. Its in the tools menu. MO can also install mods from archives so if that doesn't work but you still have the downloads you can just use those. I'm not sure what you mean by not see names. How do you click on them if you can't see them? Screenshot it?

Edit: Oh I think your MO just has the mod name column in the left panel shrunk too much. You expand it by dragging the title divider line things.

Okay, done. Now then, I've installed all the mods I've transferred from NMM. And to activate them I just check their box? How does the black magic come into play to make them all work nicely? And if I want to change certain settings in a mod, will I need to uninstall the mod, reinstall it and check the box again?

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Arcsquad12 posted:

Okay, done. Now then, I've installed all the mods I've transferred from NMM. And to activate them I just check their box? How does the black magic come into play to make them all work nicely? And if I want to change certain settings in a mod, will I need to uninstall the mod, reinstall it and check the box again?

Yeah check the box on the left to make them active in MO which will add them to the list on the right. The esp has to also be checked on the right to be active in your load order. Once all your mods are active run BOSS and make patches (through MO) like you would normally. The black magic is that each mod is installed in its own folder instead of the data folder but skyrim only sees the files that you want it to and you can switch those without having to uninstall and reinstall mods.

For example if you had two mods that included a retexture for the iron sword as loose files. With any other mod manager first you would install one mod that would add the iron sword texture to the data/texture folder. Then you install the second mod which will replace the iron sword texture in /data/texture. The first mod's file is overwritten so skyrim only sees the second one. But if you decide you want the first one back you have to uninstall and reinstall it. With MO each mod goes in its own folder and MO tricks skyrim into thinking the one you want is in /data/texture. To switch between them you just reorder the mods in MO, no reinstalling.

If a mod is configured through its installer you will have to uninstall and reinstall it, but it won't mess with other mod's stuff. Continuing the example if the first mod had other options you wanted to change reinstalling would delete the second mod's iron sword. If you wanted to change the first mod's options but keep the second mod's iron sword you would have to uninstall both then run the first then the second. If you have 150 mods with multiple conflicts like that its a nightmare where one out of order install can mean dong a bunch over again. With MO its just drag and drop.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Is there a mod that disables the third person camera from snapping back behind the character when you move?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Upmarket Mango posted:

Is there a mod that disables the third person camera from snapping back behind the character when you move?

I think there is one, but nexus is being a bitch for me at the moment, so I can't search that well without getting website timeouts.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Upmarket Mango posted:

This is the one I use. It has separate controls for in-combat and out-of-combat camera controls.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/37347//

Works pretty well. Just need to have MCM installed for it to work. Alternatively, you can change all the camera stuff in either skyrim.ini or skyrimprefs.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

vandalism posted:

This is the one I use. It has separate controls for in-combat and out-of-combat camera controls.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/37347//

Works pretty well. Just need to have MCM installed for it to work. Alternatively, you can change all the camera stuff in either skyrim.ini or skyrimprefs.

Unfortunately this doesn't do what I want, which is it allows me to have the camera swiveled in any direction like I can whole the character is standing still, but while also my character is running around.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
EDIT.

Okay, running into another problem with MO. At least no crashes so far. Anyhow, a number of mods are showing up as greyed out, with the words "no valid game data" and "overwritten files". How do I get these mods to work?

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Nov 4, 2013

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

EDIT.

Okay, running into another problem with MO. At least no crashes so far. Anyhow, a number of mods are showing up as greyed out, with the words "no valid game data" and "Mo". How do I get these mods to work?

Mods that are greyed out with the "overwritten files" message have had all of their files overwritten by mods with larger priority numbers in the leftside panel. Now, when MO launches it creates a virtual Data folder for Skyrim copying first the files with the lowest priority into it and then going up the priority order overwriting as newer files have the same name as older ones. Effectively they are not loading because none of their files are making it into the game, I can't judge for you why that is but generally if you want to fix that you have to move the related mods around to make the files you want to actually stay in the game have the highest priority.

Mods with "no valid game data" can be caused by a few things. MO checks if a mod is actually providing any files that Skyrim would load up as its configured right now, and it thinks the mod isn't. Right-click the mod and select open in explorer. So the folder you are looking at right now should look exactly like this is the data you want to copy into Skyrims Data directory if you were installing manually. That means that .esp files and directories called stuff like meshes, textures, scripts should also be in this level. If you have any of those in a subfolder, move them to the mods main folder instead.

This is an example of what a properly configured mod looks like (that happens to have a lot of directories, most don't have all of these:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Tzarnal posted:

Mods that are greyed out with the "overwritten files" message have had all of their files overwritten by mods with larger priority numbers in the leftside panel. Now, when MO launches it creates a virtual Data folder for Skyrim copying first the files with the lowest priority into it and then going up the priority order overwriting as newer files have the same name as older ones. Effectively they are not loading because none of their files are making it into the game, I can't judge for you why that is but generally if you want to fix that you have to move the related mods around to make the files you want to actually stay in the game have the highest priority.

Mods with "no valid game data" can be caused by a few things. MO checks if a mod is actually providing any files that Skyrim would load up as its configured right now, and it thinks the mod isn't. Right-click the mod and select open in explorer. So the folder you are looking at right now should look exactly like this is the data you want to copy into Skyrims Data directory if you were installing manually. That means that .esp files and directories called stuff like meshes, textures, scripts should also be in this level. If you have any of those in a subfolder, move them to the mods main folder instead.

This is an example of what a properly configured mod looks like (that happens to have a lot of directories, most don't have all of these:

So if a mod with the no valid game data error shows up, and all it's texture and meshes folders are inside a Data subfolder, I just take them out of Data and keep them in the main mod directory?

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
Well I found out what was causing friendly Dawnguard NPCs to duplicate and attack me. There's some kind of conflict with the additional spawning options of the Organized Bandits in Skyrim mod. If you set it to spawn extra bandits it somehow gets confused about Fort Dawnguard and NPCs therein, making copies of them and attacking the player. I'm surprised I can't find anyone else with this problem, OBIS seems a really popular mod.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Fargo Fukes posted:

Well I found out what was causing friendly Dawnguard NPCs to duplicate and attack me. There's some kind of conflict with the additional spawning options of the Organized Bandits in Skyrim mod. If you set it to spawn extra bandits it somehow gets confused about Fort Dawnguard and NPCs therein, making copies of them and attacking the player. I'm surprised I can't find anyone else with this problem, OBIS seems a really popular mod.

Are you sure it's just those two mods? I've completed Dawnguard with OBIS installed and not run into that issue.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
I only found out through loading up a save in Fort Dawnguard about fifty times, activating my plugins one at a time to see what caused the bug. It could be a funky interaction between Dawnguard, OBIS and something I had loaded further above it. Did you use the extra bandit spawning options in the OBIS menu? I had them turned up pretty high and switching them off altogether seems to fix the problem too.

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

Upmarket Mango posted:

This mod seems to do that: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34508/
I would never have been able to figure out what it does without a video though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIyd3eBngk8

Bouncing boobs not included, i think.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Fargo Fukes posted:

I only found out through loading up a save in Fort Dawnguard about fifty times, activating my plugins one at a time to see what caused the bug. It could be a funky interaction between Dawnguard, OBIS and something I had loaded further above it. Did you use the extra bandit spawning options in the OBIS menu? I had them turned up pretty high and switching them off altogether seems to fix the problem too.

I'm honestly not sure. I'll check when I get home and report back.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

So if a mod with the no valid game data error shows up, and all it's texture and meshes folders are inside a Data subfolder, I just take them out of Data and keep them in the main mod directory?

Yes, that pretty much exactly what you would do in that situation.

Reeoorb
Jun 25, 2006
is...is...is got communisms in it...
I don't really know which one it is, but one of these mods has made the balance of combat incredibly, off.

Everything seems to crit me. I installed Duel and at least now I have a chance, but christ it's bad.

Anyone else have this type of issue with any of these mods? I just can't seem to figure out which one it is, unless I did something with Sperg and they are getting perks? Not much else modifies combat, and like I said... I didn't install Duel until afterwards.

Reeoorb fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Nov 4, 2013

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Reeoorb posted:

I don't really know which one it is, but one of these mods has made the balance of combat incredibly, off.

Everything seems to crit me. I installed Duel and at least now I have a chance, but christ it's bad.

Anyone else have this type of issue with any of these mods? I just can't seem to figure out which one it is, unless I did something with Sperg and they are getting perks? Not much else modifies combat, and like I said... I didn't install Duel until afterwards.

Are you using ASIS and SPERG?

Reeoorb
Jun 25, 2006

Scyantific posted:

Are you using ASIS and SPERG?

Nope. This was all a fresh install too. I just don't see what would do it as I haven't jacked with any thing that directly relates to difficulty. Deadly Dragons maybe... Immersive Patrols?

I suppose I can just start unticking until the first low level bandit doesn't kill cam me every single time.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Reeoorb posted:

Nope. This was all a fresh install too. I just don't see what would do it as I haven't jacked with any thing that directly relates to difficulty. Deadly Dragons maybe... Immersive Patrols?

I suppose I can just start unticking until the first low level bandit doesn't kill cam me every single time.

Post a load order. Can't really figure out the problem if we don't have a list of mods to look at.

Reeoorb
Jun 25, 2006

Scyantific posted:

Post a load order. Can't really figure out the problem if we don't have a list of mods to look at.

Right, my solution was to just man up and kill those mother fuckers.

[edited load order out]

Reeoorb fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 5, 2013

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

gasman posted:

This mod seems to do that: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34508/
I would never have been able to figure out what it does without a video though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIyd3eBngk8

Bouncing boobs not included, i think.

Cool, this does exactly what I wanted, and bouncing boobs optional.

EDIT: Has anyone else updated MO to 1.0.7 and have their mod pane changed up? Now all my mods are automatically collapsed into categories and it's pretty loving awful because I can't just have them listed by priority anymore. Would I have any trouble just reinstalling an older version?

Proletarian Mango fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 4, 2013

futile
May 18, 2009
On the bottom below your mods list there is a dropdown box that says 'Categories'. Click on that and change it to 'No Groups'. Should put MO back to how you want it.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

futile posted:

On the bottom below your mods list there is a dropdown box that says 'Categories'. Click on that and change it to 'No Groups'. Should put MO back to how you want it.

Oh man thank you.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

seorin posted:

Is this a repeatable thing or just a weird thing that happened?

Sorry for not responding sooner but I've been busy at work and RL poo poo and yeah.

It's semi-repeatable. It seems like whenever I try to summon two atronachs near each other, the older one vanishes. But when the first atronach is offscreen or the new atronach is being summoned far away there's a decent chance (Like 30ish percent) that the first atronach won't vanish.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Just wondering: has SPERG released a "final" version yet, or is it still being tweaked?

norg
Jul 5, 2006
Haven't played Skyrim in a while but looking to start up again. Obviously gonna have a hell of a lot of updating to do in MO but the other question I gotta ask is about VRAM. How is that these days? When I was last playing a few months ago it was still pretty easy to go over 2GB of VRAM use even at 1920x1080. Is that still the case or have texture packs/ENBs become less VRAM-intensive now?

Asking as I'm probably gonna get a new GTX 770 card which as standard has 2GB VRAM, but can have 4GB for a price premium. (Asking in here as the Visual Modding thread seems dead).

Xenosmilus
Sep 16, 2006

Captain Diarrhoea posted:

I switched over from Project ENB to Seasons of Skyrim and broke the visuals somewhat, they aren't like this all the time it depends on the angle I'm viewing from. I'm using Climates of Tamriel as well, I don't know how relevant that is because the visual side of modding confuses me somewhat. :downs: Is there a simple way to fix this? And any cool more recent ENB configs out?

I'm not sure about the specific problem, but I'm pretty sure that Seasons of Skyrim is not designed to work with Climates of Tamriel so it would look odd when using both. The modder made Seasons of Skyrim for people not running CoT, with Project ENB having equivalent profiles designed for use with CoT.

Xenosmilus fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Nov 5, 2013

Mayheim
Jun 15, 2006
I think something messed up my firstperson camera and now I feel like a dwarf in first person.

I've already tried this mod but it did not help:
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/32155/

Bonus pic, me sitting at Alvor's table:

Edit: I figured it out

Mayheim fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Nov 5, 2013

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

khy posted:

Sorry for not responding sooner but I've been busy at work and RL poo poo and yeah.

It's semi-repeatable. It seems like whenever I try to summon two atronachs near each other, the older one vanishes. But when the first atronach is offscreen or the new atronach is being summoned far away there's a decent chance (Like 30ish percent) that the first atronach won't vanish.

Unless you've noticed it tied to a particular perk, that doesn't sound related to SPERG. There have been some reported bugs caused by a summon becoming uncontrolled, but I was never able to reproduce the effect.

Time_pants posted:

Just wondering: has SPERG released a "final" version yet, or is it still being tweaked?

The current version is the final one. At this point there are just (mostly minor) bug fixes. I won't be adding anything new.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Skyrim refuses to launch in fullscreen mode event though it's set to in the launcher and the .ini files. I don't have ENB or anything like that, just a couple of basic mods. Any ideas what could be causing this?

EDIT: Turns out it was being caused by some SKSE mod I had called One Tweak.

Proletarian Mango fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Nov 5, 2013

khy
Aug 15, 2005

seorin posted:

The current version is the final one. At this point there are just (mostly minor) bug fixes. I won't be adding anything new.

Aw.

I was still hoping for a 'rumors' or some kind of perk that shows all undiscovered locations in the world, similar to the Fallout ones :v:

give me thread
Dec 29, 2008
Has anyone here tried Tropical Skyrim? It looks really amazing. So much so that I'm thinking of dumping most of my current "pretty looking" mods and loading up this one just to experience a completely different environment.

It looks fantastic in videos! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34TZc415IVE

Those who have; were there any issues, or something I should be weary of?

e: also interested what ENB presets would go well with it?

give me thread fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
Can anyone give me any advice towards improving general stability (I'm CTD a lot outdoors) or fixing broken animation in random wildlife? Some creatures (I think exclusively Immersive Wildlife creatures) are stuck in that default pose and won't move from it. Given that these creatures are usually outdoors I'm wondering if the two issues are connected. Here's my load order:

quote:

GameMode=Skyrim

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp=1
SPIKE.esm=1