Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
How do you forget Darkstar?

He is of the night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Everyone should just like this page here.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Darkstar even has his own theme song.

When he makes his triumphant debut in the show, this song will play and the world will know the name of the night.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
GRRM's most clueless moment to date is that interview where he is shocked to hear people think Darkstar is a joke and goes "... but I thought everyone liked Darkstar, he's such a bad boy".

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mmm, honeyed locusts. I wonder if you can get them "spicy".

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

emanresu tnuocca posted:

GRRM's most clueless moment to date is that interview where he is shocked to hear people think Darkstar is a joke and goes "... but I thought everyone liked Darkstar, he's such a bad boy".

I want this to be true so bad it gives me hemorrhoids.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

mind the walrus posted:

I want this to be true so bad it gives me hemorrhoids.

quote:

Oh ... and George doesn't seem to have known that Darkstar isn't very popular. ;) He thought that a "bad boy" character would go over well, since people seem to love the Hound and even Theon Greyjoy so very much.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/LA_Con_IV_Anaheim_CA_August_23_27

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Everyone should just like this page here.

quote:

Friend
Likes Gerold "Darkstar" Dayn

Well that's good to know.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

So its been half a year or some poo poo, what have I missed

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Shageletic posted:

Sup fellow returnee to this hellhole. Were better than GBS now.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Well, we're more subdued. But GBS got AH banned, while it's been nearly a year since we put out a book.

vvvvv:thejoke:vvvvv

Arbite fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Nov 5, 2013

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Just one? We're doing pretty good, then.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Did AH have chapters?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

AH banned? GOT shittery all over GBS? What perchance is the name of this parallel hell dimension I fell into.

Cuz I like it :getin:

EDIT: Where did the timelines diverge. When A Glistening Hodor broke the virus vase in grand central?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
GBS 2.1 rules for book barn!

I think they would improve a lot of forums but we probably don't need them here.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Catching up with the thread from oh about twenty pages ago.

Oh for fucks sake why

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

When this thread is my anchor for sanity then times truly are apocalyptic.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Link to AH ban post?

Did he too rape 8yos?

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Fog Tripper posted:

Link to AH ban post?

Did he too rape 8yos?
No, he just raped his straight friends while they were drunk. He deleted the original post, but people quoted it and his other posts.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
This thread is basically my source for forums gossip now.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Urdnot Fire posted:

No, he just raped his straight friends while they were drunk. He deleted the original post, but people quoted it and his other posts.

That was a while ago, how did it come to light again?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

HookShot posted:

This thread is basically my source for forums gossip now.

A nobler cause you will not find.

The Bad Thread is a cool place to chill out and make friends.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Junkenstein posted:

That was a while ago, how did it come to light again?

I think people just wait until weird stuff happens on the forums and then spring.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Still catching up: the Thor derail got me back, and the saddest story ever (the books being based on GRRM's dying turtles) made me laugh out loud.

Fake edit: Unironically reviewing the thread.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

A nobler cause you will not find.

The Bad Thread is a cool place to chill out and make friends.
Yeah, I finished reading the books (ok I cheated I watched the first three seasons, then started halfway through whichever one the third book was) a couple months ago and have enjoyed reading this thread way more than I would enjoy actually discussing the books.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

HookShot posted:

Yeah, I finished reading the books (ok I cheated I watched the first three seasons, then started halfway through whichever one the third book was) a couple months ago and have enjoyed reading this thread way more than I would enjoy actually discussing the books.

Listen to the audiobooks, there's a lot not in the show (some thankfully).

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Shoehead posted:

Listen to the audiobooks, there's a lot not in the show (some thankfully).

I'm going back and actually reading them now (I'm about 3/4 through A Game of Thrones), I just couldn't wait that long to find out what happened after binging through the TV show.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

So after reading through this thread, I was tempted to go back and re-read ADWD, but then I remembered I had lent it to a friend and not gotten it back yet. I feel like I've dodged a bullet.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

In It For The Tank posted:

When he makes his triumphant debut in the show, this song will play and the world will know the name of the night.

"To-day I bake, to-morrow I brew.
The next I'll have the young Queen's child.
Ha! glad am I that no one knew
That Darkstar I am styled."

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

HookShot posted:

I'm going back and actually reading them now (I'm about 3/4 through A Game of Thrones), I just couldn't wait that long to find out what happened after binging through the TV show.

Oh look, a rare specimen of reverse TVIV-ism! Let us collect your DNA to study this further.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I like how Georges definition of "bad boy" extends from a guy who failed at hitting a little girl with a sword and then ran away all the way to famed mass murderer/rapists.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Gregor and Ramsay may be raping, murderous monsters, but are they of the night?

It's also great because Darkstar whines about how much more popular the Sword of the Morning was.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm sure I saw a screen capture of the comments on his Livejournal once where some ladies were discussing how sexy Ramsay was and GRRM commented to the effect of "Why do you like Ramsay when you could love a warm loving guy like Samwell. :("

It summarises him so well that I'm going to believe it's real even if it's proven otherwise.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Aurain posted:

I'm sure I saw a screen capture of the comments on his Livejournal once where some ladies were discussing how sexy Ramsay was and GRRM commented to the effect of "Why do you like Ramsay when you could love a warm loving guy like Samwell. :("

It summarises him so well that I'm going to believe it's real even if it's proven otherwise.

In fairness, one of the few times a sane person would go for Samwell over anybody else would be when you're comparing him with Ramsay loving Bolton.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ramsay's one of those characters that has a oddly large fan who wants to bone them following on the likes of Tumblr and other sites where weird people congregate to celebrate how hosed up they are.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I don't find it that odd seeing as we live in a nation where people like Ted Bundy and Jeffrey Dahmer get marriage proposals mailed to their jail cells.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Aurain posted:

Ramsay's one of those characters that has a oddly large fan who wants to bone them following on the likes of Tumblr and other sites where weird people congregate to celebrate how hosed up they are.

The actor himself already had a pre-installed stan base from his previous (excellent) show, Misfits.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

There's a tumblr of ASOIAF as a series of children's books. I figured you folks would enjoy this one in particular:

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Shageletic posted:

Smoke, sweat, and shitdick. In other words, George R.R. Martin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Urdnot Fire posted:

There's a tumblr of ASOIAF as a series of children's books. I figured you folks would enjoy this one in particular:

No poo poo on the cover 0/10 no erection