Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

drainpipe posted:

Hayes just posted on the Earwolf boards that the next guest for Hollywood Handbook will be Paul (F.) Tompkiss. Tuesday can't come soon enough.
Aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww yissssssss(ad infinitum until tuesday)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
I cannot loving wait. Holy poo poo. What a time to be alive.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

We're at the precipice of the future here boys, come Sunday all our lives are changed for the better. We were there for them at the start and we're now being rewarded.

What I'm saying is that I'm calling dibs on not being the E of our inevitable Entourage spinoff show.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.
This is a little off-topic, but it's worth mentioning tonight is the debut of Paul F. Tompkins' new show "No, You Shut Up!" on Fusion, the channel itself having debuted on October 28th. It's apparently a news/comedy show somewhat in the same genre as The Daily Show and the Colbert Report.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Periodiko posted:

It's apparently a news/comedy show somewhat in the same genre as The Daily Show and the Colbert Report.
Makes sense, I recall him saying somewhere that his ultimate 'get' to interview would be Colbert and he really loves what he does.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Politicalrancor posted:

Best podcast in the universe.

Seeing Besser on @Midnight (the ONLY reason I watched @Midnight) was fan-loving-tastic. "DID YOU HEAR? ITUNES VOTED US THE BEST PODCAST IN THE UNIVERSE!"

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Taking a real stand here, I know, but I don't like Chris Hardwick! I'd watch if it Besser was on though. Do they only air once/can you watch them online?

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
The episodes are on Hulu. Also, @Midnight has been pretty good so far. Even if you aren't a big fan of Chris Hardwick, his guests have been solid.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

For the record, I still contend that @midnight is not worth it unless you really want to see the guests.

e: Also, the Choctaw and Besser were on the same episode, so if you're posting in this thread, it's kind of in the can't-miss category.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Hardwick is one of the most irritating people on TV. There! I said it!

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

ibntumart posted:

The episodes are on Hulu. Also, @Midnight has been pretty good so far. Even if you aren't a big fan of Chris Hardwick, his guests have been solid.
I'm in this boat. Not really a fan of him, but he doesn't sing or connect anything to himself which is really the only thing that 'bugs' me, and he's pretty aware he's hated so he rolls with it pretty good from time to time. And either way, the guests do most of the talking in the show and they've had great chemistry so far. Really enjoying @midnight.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Trujillo posted:

Taking a real stand here, I know, but I don't like Chris Hardwick! I'd watch if it Besser was on though. Do they only air once/can you watch them online?

I can see why people don't like him, but I'm really digging @midnight. Watch it for the comedians, it's basically the same premise/show as Bunk, but it moves quicker and the bits are easier for the comedians to roll with.

I wish it were more of a panel style show, but I'll take what I can get. Maybe they could focus less on points and winning. I don't get why they eliminate funny comedians during the show, the best parts are when they're just riffing. I guess American TV networks just don't want that kind of programming.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

ElCondemn posted:

I can see why people don't like him, but I'm really digging @midnight. Watch it for the comedians, it's basically the same premise/show as Bunk, but it moves quicker and the bits are easier for the comedians to roll with.

I wish it were more of a panel style show, but I'll take what I can get. Maybe they could focus less on points and winning. I don't get why they eliminate funny comedians during the show, the best parts are when they're just riffing. I guess American TV networks just don't want that kind of programming.

American TV executives think Americans can't tolerate a British style panel show where there are no winners. I assume they think this for dumb reasons, like because the VH1 version of Never Mind The Buzzcocks failed.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

When they're finally eliminated there's like less then a minute left of the show so it's not a lot of riffing you miss. But I agree it's dumb, just keep them in the red light it's been getting a few good bits.

also Matt Besser spelling bannana was the best thing.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

New Improv4Humans vid is up! :holy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe-V-ztn_5s

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Eric The Intern in his natural state: awkward.

This guy is just amazing, it's so loving funny, just these first five minutes have me pausing and rewinding hearing him tell his situation.

e: So apparently internal bleeding is just a thing that happens occasionally? Is he misinterpreting getting ulcers from eating candy for brekfast or what's the deal.

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Nov 4, 2013

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Eric trying to get an interview in a dog park may be the all-time funniest thing.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

"The nervous matter-of-factness just made me explode! Damnit!"

e: Oh my godoooofvg the Blacklist voicemail holy shittt

this is the single greatest video on youtube

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Nov 5, 2013

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Holy poo poo im crying laughing explain the blacklist 2 me baby

EmotionlessThug fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Nov 5, 2013

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
Seriously can't get enough of Paul Fuckmachine Tompkins.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

drainpipe posted:

Seriously can't get enough of Paul Fuckmachine Tompkins.
A new ep of Dead Authors Podcast dropped today with Plato! Jason Mantzoukas

e: vvvvv
I was thinking the same thing but I didn't want to be the first one to say it :ohdear:

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Nov 5, 2013

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Zsinjeh posted:

A new ep of Dead Authors Podcast dropped today with Plato! Jason Mantzoukas

It's pretty amazing. I thought PFT on Hollywood Handbook was ok. Maybe my hopes were set too high.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Groucho Marxist posted:

American TV executives think Americans can't tolerate a British style panel show where there are no winners. I assume they think this for dumb reasons, like because the VH1 version of Never Mind The Buzzcocks failed.

Yes, why can't there be more panel shows where there are no winners like QI and Never Mind the Buzzcocks and Would I Lie to You? and Have I Got News for You. My favorite thing is that there are no winners. Only idiot Amerikkkans would demand that their quiz shows have winners and I'm glad the British haven't stooped to our abominably low level.

The Ape of Naples posted:

It's pretty amazing. I thought PFT on Hollywood Handbook was ok. Maybe my hopes were set too high.

Sean and Hayes' type of comedy isn't really my thing but I thought it was good. Paul F. Thompson's answering machine message had me laughing harder than anybody ever should on public transit.

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Nov 5, 2013

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Yes, why can't there be more panel shows where there are no winners like QI and Never Mind the Buzzcocks and Would I Lie to You? and Have I Got News for You. My favorite thing is that there are no winners. Only idiot Amerikkkans would demand that their quiz shows have winners and I'm glad the British haven't stooped to our abominably low level.

That's always been the stated reason, but I never bought into it. I mean Who's Line was a huge hit in America, no one cared about tangible points totals then. I think a couple of things flopped so executives took that as an indictment on all panel type shows.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think my favourite part of Hollywood Handbook/RSS is Hayes and Sean making fun of the engineers

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

I think my favourite part of Hollywood Handbook/RSS is Hayes and Sean making fun of the engineers

I loved it today when Brett sneezed.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

They were right to fire him for that imo. Unprofessional.

too scary

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I don't know why, but Rupert Grint's name in the theme song cracks me up every single time.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I thought that message was a perfect example of how Paul Fuckmachine Thompson really gels with Hayes and Sean comedy-wise. I thought it was a really good episode.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Really digging the latest Cracked episode. It's insane how close movies follow the exact same structure, which isn't really a huge secret or anything if you take film school but it's pretty hilarious how it's a science down to the literal second for every beat of the plot.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Can Howard be an hour late to Who Charted more often please? That was a pretty great ep. Kulap is a good host and Frank was a pretty good co-host.

But now I wish the last Scott Aukerman ep had just been Kulap and Scott. An hour and a half of a married couple asking each other what movies/music they like.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Do you really regularly listen to WC despite having a strong dislike for Howard?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

Do you really regularly listen to WC despite having a strong dislike for Howard?

Nah, I just decided to listen because Kurt Braunohler was on and there's nothing else interesting that plops on Wednesdays (I don't think).

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I pay Conduit to listen to podcasts I dislike in case something good happens on them, it's a fledgling industry.

(But for reals, I don't listen to WC any more because Howard really wore on me over time, love the Kulap though)

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
New Earwolf podcast: Cat Matters with Michael Showalter.

http://earwolf.com/show/cat-matters

I will probably be skipping this one but maybe it will be funny, who knows!

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

anotherone posted:

New Earwolf podcast: Cat Matters with Michael Showalter.

http://earwolf.com/show/cat-matters

I will probably be skipping this one but maybe it will be funny, who knows!

Ticks a lot of boxes for me, this one. Unfortunately.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
I was in until I read "call-in" podcast. I couldn't do Call Chelsea, so I am not sure how I couldn't handle this one.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Mr. Squishy posted:

I love Howard but not enough to make room for Who Charted on the regular. I dislike How Did This Get Made, but not enough to skip listening to Mantzoukas shouting about things being in-sane on a biweekly basis. I have a complex relationship with Earwolf podcasts.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Besson posted:

I was in until I read "call-in" podcast. I couldn't do Call Chelsea, so I am not sure how I couldn't handle this one.

Yeah, people need to not do this. There's just no middle ground that's not cringeworthy. It always turns out either too deferential and usually boring, or too disrespectful and usually gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
In the past I've rolled my eyes when comedians on podcasts talk about civilians, but man call ins are usually so terrible. I guess it's just an unfortunate fusion of unfunny people and internet accessibility.

Someone how Sean and Hayes are the perfect podcast duo for me. I never get tired of them and they never break their act beyond small laugh breaks. I can listen to multiple episodes and it's like canoeing on a funny podcast river.