Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
That recap was magical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I suppose if it constantly reigned angels and demons were popping out, Id have a loaded shot gun constantly next to me, even when doing my creepy game of thrones stuff

Paradise Lost
Feb 11, 2003

kill your enemy, drink his wine, and take his women
I see this is going to be the quotes episode.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Paradise Lost posted:

I see this is going to be the quotes episode.

Supernatural: "Hunters are just dicks that define themselves by what they kill."

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Ew. I'm out. Been dealing with too many dead pets recently.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Well that was dark.

To counteract, post the doggenest dogs you got.

And also other pets.

Paradise Lost
Feb 11, 2003

kill your enemy, drink his wine, and take his women
Holy poo poo the dog talks

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
A rock hammer. :laugh:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wow. This is just the most ridiculous thing Ive ever seen.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Wow. This is just the most ridiculous thing Ive ever seen.

I love this show so much.

Edit: loving Sharktopus.

Edit: Edit: :smugdog: What the gently caress, Supernatural?

Writer Cath fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Nov 6, 2013

Coulrophobia
Oct 11, 2012
That was a cute goofball episode, but did anyone else have a heart attack during the preview for 9x06 because they were dumb and mistook that new angel for Gabriel for half a second? :negative:

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I watched this show from S01-07 and really liked it, especially starting with s2 when it started focusing a bit more on an over arcing story even if it did get silly sometimes. I got about 5 or so episodes into S08 but I wound up losing track because other things. I don't even really remember those 5 episodes either too good. My question is, is S08 and the current season of the show still on par with the previous ones, or close at least? I need something to watch and was thinking about picking it back up again.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
Season 8 has a somewhat shaky start but an incredible ending. Season 9 so far has been good. Not great, but plenty watchable.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
"You know who wears sunglasses inside? Blind people...and douchebags."

Pretty great episode, though the cat part was a little much. I was hoping that Sam would figure it out, but I guess they're going to drag it out for a few more episodes?

crazy8
Aug 27, 2003

bawk bawk
I thought it was kinda funny when they free'd all the dogs from the shelter and one of them kept saying bacon.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Weakest ep of the season so far. Sometimes I feel like the writers are cached out and think 'what works for ficcers?' I LOVE comedy episodes; this one just didn't work for me.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

Was Taters posted:

Weakest ep of the season so far. Sometimes I feel like the writers are cached out and think 'what works for ficcers?' I LOVE comedy episodes; this one just didn't work for me.

I thought it was hilarious, personally. Very obviously didn't take itself seriously and that's a good thing.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

Was Taters posted:

The "bacon bacon bacon!" bit and Dean checking out the poodle got pretty solid laughs out of me. The premise itself was a hoot too, though I think a different VA (and better lines) for the dog could have greatly improved matters.

It wasn't one of my favorite comedy episodes, but there was enough to like.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

Manos del Sino posted:

The "bacon bacon bacon!" bit and Dean checking out the poodle got pretty solid laughs out of me. The premise itself was a hoot too, though I think a different VA (and better lines) for the dog could have greatly improved matters.

It wasn't one of my favorite comedy episodes, but there was enough to like.

Yeah the dog's lines were a bit offputting some times, but there were a few scenes that had me busting a gut laughing. Dean barking at the mailman in particular.

Dean checking out the poodle was funny but very disturbing at the same time. :/ Pigeons being douchebags not surprising. "Universal animal language, like esperanto." :D

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Dean pulling out the gun and getting ready to shoot the pigeon utterly cracked me up.

demozthenes
Feb 14, 2007

Wicked pissa little critta
I thought that Dean didn't like dogs?

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Writer Cath posted:

Dean pulling out the gun and getting ready to shoot the pigeon utterly cracked me up.

Yeah, it was a pretty uneven episode on the whole, but I completely lost it there. Could have been a really great standalone with a better voice actor for the dog.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Uneven is a great way to describe the episode.

:stare: Dude got bent to pieces.

:laugh: Dean's barking at a mailman.

:stare: Eating cats.

:laugh: Attempted Pigeon murder.

:stare: Casual cannibalism.

:3: Hippies got a dog.

But overall I did like it quite a lot.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
So, was the voice of the dog Mike from Breaking Bad? Because it sure as hell sounded like him.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Officer Farva posted:

So, was the voice of the dog Mike from Breaking Bad? Because it sure as hell sounded like him.

This guy: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0734989/

Also the pigeon scene may be my new favorite scene in this series.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Fun episode. Probably not one of the best of Supernatural but some levity never hurts.

I'm really hoping they have another fairy episode though. Wait... technically they did have a second Fairy episode but it was also a Charlie episode so...

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
Vegan restaurant guy is in a pretty funny webseries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdtD19tXX30

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008

Funhilde posted:

I was doing alright with the episode but one thing really bugged me. In the books Dorothy has silver slippers. Really just bugged. I've probably read about 30 of the OZ books so I may be in a different position than the average Supernatural viewer.

Eh, considering she said her dad got things wrong we can just chalk it up to only Dorothy knowing the truth.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Aw man, just found out Rachel Miner has MS.

Dammit Meg, why can't you have at least one happy ending?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Maybe they were silver in Oz and changed red when they got to Earth. :colbert:

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Aw man, just found out Rachel Miner has MS.

Dammit Meg, why can't you have at least one happy ending?

Yeah, that's why she was written out last season (at least that actress as Meg but probably Meg entiely). She's been dealing with it the whole time but it finally got to bad for her to continue acting. So they wanted to give her a good send-off.

Brass Key
Sep 15, 2007

Attention! Something tremendous has happened!
Huh. I did not expect Sam to reference The Dogs of Babel. What a strange book.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I thought the episode was probably the weakest of the season, but i still liked it. It seems like Dean is getting much dumber though, why doesn't he spend a few minutes deciding what the cover story is with Sam, instead of making vague comments about Sam not being well yet, or having no explanations for all the strange occurences?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Oasx posted:

I thought the episode was probably the weakest of the season, but i still liked it. It seems like Dean is getting much dumber though, why doesn't he spend a few minutes deciding what the cover story is with Sam, instead of making vague comments about Sam not being well yet, or having no explanations for all the strange occurences?

I don't know what better cover story there could be over "hey you tried to do a ritual that's literally designed to kill you, maybe that's why you're feeling so faint lately".

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
Oh no what was The Colonel going to tell him. He knows about the angels....god sent The Colonel.

wait...dog...god?...god....dog? It all makes sense now.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

This was a silly-assed episode. I was incredibly distracted by the vegan. When he showed up all I could think was "Man, that 2 year old got really articulate all of a sudden."

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Oasx posted:

Dean's IQ dropped like a rock this episode, which was fine after drinking the potion but before that made me roll my eyes a few times. Come on Dean, you know how to BS your way around being an agent, stop having the dumbest look on your face and stumbling over every other word when you're asking a guy questions.

Still pretty fun though. The realization hitting me when Dean just kept bringing that wrapper back to Sam made me laugh.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

Officer Farva posted:

That's what I thought too, especially since they outright reference the show later. But apparently just a dude that sounds like him.

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008

computer parts posted:

I don't know what better cover story there could be over "hey you tried to do a ritual that's literally designed to kill you, maybe that's why you're feeling so faint lately".

Or maybe that's why weird shaman wanted to eat you.

Kruller posted:

This was a silly-assed episode. I was incredibly distracted by the vegan. When he showed up all I could think was "Man, that 2 year old got really articulate all of a sudden."

I'd like to see them edit his role into an episode.

Olibu fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Nov 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.
Poodle shoulda been some sort of Asian dog breed. :colbert:

I enjoyed this comedy episode except for the POOR KITTIES.

Also SN S9: Source of all evil at the vegan bakery.

Alternatively: Supernatural S9: Why are you arguing with the dog about Styx

• Locked thread