Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reb
Sep 13, 2002

"...But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."

blackguy32 posted:

Doesn't that IGN crew have tons of players. I always see at least someone from that crew at least once every time i play.

IT's an "official" crew, what ever the gently caress that means and they are allowed unlimited members. Sure it'd be nice to have lots of people to play with. But it'd be all playing with pubbies... And I can only imagine the people that joined that crew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

blackguy32 posted:

Doesn't that IGN crew have tons of players. I always see at least someone from that crew at least once every time i play.

Yeah, 239 623 members.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Nuts and Gum posted:

Is it normal that I can't detonate stickies unless I'm on foot?

No.

I've been able to detonate stickies while driving.

Reb
Sep 13, 2002

"...But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."

Platystemon posted:

Yeah, 239 623 members.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crews/search/rockstarcrews/

But again, playing with pubbies.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Reb posted:

IT's an "official" crew, what ever the gently caress that means and they are allowed unlimited members. Sure it'd be nice to have lots of people to play with. But it'd be all playing with pubbies... And I can only imagine the people that joined that crew.
We need Lowtax to contact Rockstar, STAT!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

blackguy32 posted:

It's an official crew that is open to anyone to join. If we were to get such a crew for Something Awful, there would be no admin and it would fill up with people who aren't goons.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
We could get Axemaniac to be the admin.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Well, this is interesting. I am randomly getting kicked to BSH while in missions without even doing anything. How long does it take for Dodgy Player to go away?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I'm still a member of the crew we had for Max Payne 3

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
This patch didn't fix glitching into garage did it?

I can't get the drat riot van into the garage at Weazel Plaza.

I have it set up like this:

And everytime I walk backwards and get into it all I get is This Vehicle cannot be stored.

Edit: Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd finally got it to work. Pain in the rear end.

KennyLoggins fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Nov 6, 2013

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

KennyLoggins posted:

And everytime I walk backwards and get into it all I get is This Vehicle cannot be stored.

Try facing the broken off door hole towards the garage as much as possible. Review Youtube video guides for larger vehicles in if still unclear. I had to really jam my Buzzard into the garage hole to get it in.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

KennyLoggins posted:

The trick I found is to maneuver whatever vehicle, so the driver seat is pretty much directly in the middle of the garage door. I drove my riot straight into the door just a few feet to the right, and got it in first try. I failed a few times after insuring it, but again set it STRAIGHT headfirst in, without a door, and got in after a couple of small adjustments.

Make sure you're as close to the door you're getting into as possible too, because the glitch seems to be based on speed of entry to the car, beating the animation to walk through the door as it opens. That's why you knock the door off.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Reb posted:

This is what happens when you limit crews to 300 people. I don't think KROO even has half that number? I switched over to Stairs USA INC, as even though they are a US crew, and the second crew to be made for SA forums, they still have more active players during our prime times...

Yeah, the 300 limit seems arbitrary, also KROO is cross platform so it dilutes the player pool even more. I asked to be let into Mountain Crew in the hopes of more player coverage when I am on, but I havent had it accepted yet.

Edit: just checked again and I'm in :woop:

Ara
Oct 18, 2003

coyo7e posted:

^^^ Fully modded Schafter is 105 and change.

I don't know how to get a buzzard in, but the insurance glitch is dead simple: blow up a car you don't want that has insurance, go into your garage, get into the car ou want to insure, open up phone and call Mors Mutual. THEN BEFORE YOU CALL IN THE INSURANCE, drive out of the garage. During the animation where you leave the garage, the phone will pop back up and you can select the blown-up car.

Then you just have to glitch the car back in, same way as the first time you did it with that car/chopper/jet/etc.

You don't need to get it in again. When taking the car out on the phone with insurance, mash the button to select the car before it's even visible. As soon as it goes through, access the money store and then cancel out. Take another random car out of your garage and back in. If you succeeded, you should have 2 of the vehicle you want, one insured and one not. I've done this first try with both a Buzzard and a taco truck.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

coyo7e posted:

The trick I found is to maneuver whatever vehicle, so the driver seat is pretty much directly in the middle of the garage door. I drove my riot straight into the door just a few feet to the right, and got it in first try. I failed a few times after insuring it, but again set it STRAIGHT headfirst in, without a door, and got in after a couple of small adjustments.

Make sure you're as close to the door you're getting into as possible too, because the glitch seems to be based on speed of entry to the car, beating the animation to walk through the door as it opens. That's why you knock the door off.

Getting it insured now and it seems like the picture I posted which I saw on GTA forums seems like the best way so far. I've done it twice now since posting.

This car fully upgraded nets $117k. The older Oracle gets about $110k and the Schafter is about $108-109k.

KennyLoggins fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Nov 6, 2013

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Having an engine flameout is worse than annoying. Why do my engines keep going out? As far as I can tell I'm not getting shot at! Also online rules!

Probably not the problem you're having but I kept wondering the same thing due to continually forgetting that rather than merely throttling back, hitting L2 actually cuts your engines completely. :cripes:

This would have been much less embarrassing/hilarious if it hadn't happened most recently after I just got done wowing some friends with a bunch of low-altitude city centre acrobatics, only to unceremoniously dump my fighter on top of an overpass for no reason at all. :suicide:

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
The thing i've found with crews is if you 'invite crew members' it will invite any members from your crew who have switched over to another one.

Maybe we should create new ps3 and 360 crews for goons who are still playing the game and do not intend to quit anytime soon!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Ugh, I can't find a drat news van... Anyone know where Weazel News is located?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

iRend posted:

The thing i've found with crews is if you 'invite crew members' it will invite any members from your crew who have switched over to another one.

Maybe we should create new ps3 and 360 crews for goons who are still playing the game and do not intend to quit anytime soon!
I kind of have this idea of a crew where everyone goes bad sport intentionally, because they all know they're playing too much to end up anywhere else so why beat around the bush? ...

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Sorry if this had been brought up before but this is a huge, fast moving thread: I've run into two missions in a row that recommend stealing a helicopter, but when I go to the heliport and the airport they don't spawn. Is there some special place I'm supposed to go for in mission helicopters? I did notice that Lester can locate one for me, but it doesn't unlock for another ten or so levels.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
Dumb question of the evening from myself.

Someone earlier mentioned going "off the radar", how does one do that ? I love this idea of sticky bombing the docks garage for the Simeon missions. I haven't unlocked the stickies yet, but I can park my personal vehicle in the way. That moment they stop and go "huh... wtf...?" I toss a grenade.

And is there any official FAQ for the finer aspects to the online portion of this game ? 98% of this thread is "how to fit X vehicle into garage" and crew chat. I was looking at my stats and I saw "police training", no clue what it is.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

Dumb question of the evening from myself.

Someone earlier mentioned going "off the radar", how does one do that ?

Call lester

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?
I've been addicted to racing for almost three days now, it's been getting out of hand. My brother (not a goon) pulled me into a win trading chain on Criminal Records and we pretty much unlocked everything over two days that you can unlock through races, though I don't have a full garage yet. I think my favorite class to race are the classic sports cars, they're like muscle cars on crack. I slapped a metallic torino red paint job with race yellow pearlescents on my Monroe and it looks almost exactly like the metallic Lava Red coat without having to get 100 slipstreams to unlock it. Personally I prefer the torino red base since it's brighter and makes the yellow "pop" more:

With my digital David Arquette:

If anyone on XBL wants to race/run missions/stomp pubbies together hit me up at TehRen3gade (almost like my forum name but without the first "3"). I'm probably in a race as we speak oh god somebody stop me

Reb
Sep 13, 2002

Inside Outside posted:

Sorry if this had been brought up before but this is a huge, fast moving thread: I've run into two missions in a row that recommend stealing a helicopter, but when I go to the heliport and the airport they don't spawn. Is there some special place I'm supposed to go for in mission helicopters? I did notice that Lester can locate one for me, but it doesn't unlock for another ten or so levels.

You can hire the merry mayweather one to fly you there and parachute out. The problem with that mission is it opens at like level 24 or 34 or something. And it assumes that you have purchased a plane or chopper by that level. Which with the lovely income online gives you, is bullshit.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Inside Outside posted:

Rockstar is dumb and probably removed helicopter spawns from missions after creating the missions. If you’re in a mission where Lester will answer the drat phone and you’re high enough in rank, you can have him locate one for you. If you’re high enough in rank to have access to Merryweather’s pick‐up, call for that and jack the pilot. If you’ve purchased a helicopter, that works, too.

Otherwise, you have to get lucky and have a helicopter randomly decide to land at the marina.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

And is there any official FAQ for the finer aspects to the online portion of this game ? 98% of this thread is "how to fit X vehicle into garage" and crew chat. I was looking at my stats and I saw "police training", no clue what it is.

Not sure about a FAQ, but the police training thing is for an unlaunched portion of online. It's called Cops and Robbers, I believe, but it will feature users acting as police. You'll listen to radio chatter, investigate crimes, and chase down criminals, kind of like vigilante mode. Not sure if it will involve hunting down other online players though.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

MacheteZombie posted:

Not sure about a FAQ, but the police training thing is for an unlaunched portion of online. It's called Cops and Robbers, I believe, but it will feature users acting as police. You'll listen to radio chatter, investigate crimes, and chase down criminals, kind of like vigilante mode. Not sure if it will involve hunting down other online players though.

I thought it was just a label for whatever level you are on that particular stat. Like I have "Military Training" for shooting and "Ninja" for stealth.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Just tried the LSC exploit for the first time because gently caress this game, and I was able to keep my car after selling it but now it says, "Sorry - we don't need any vehicles right now." I have quit to single player and the XMB, but the problem persists. Is this new to the patch or am I just bad at making money?

I also tried to do the garage door exploit to steal an Infernus and I got locked in some concrete room behind a garage door that wouldn't open.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I got my buzzard insured. :unsmigghh:

Why are there so few people on STRS.

Sinding Johansson
Dec 1, 2006
STARVED FOR ATTENTION
Carbine or Advanced Rifle, which is better?

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Platystemon posted:

Rockstar is dumb and probably removed helicopter spawns from missions after creating the missions. If you’re in a mission where Lester will answer the drat phone and you’re high enough in rank, you can have him locate one for you. If you’re high enough in rank to have access to Merryweather’s pick‐up, call for that and jack the pilot. If you’ve purchased a helicopter, that works, too.

Otherwise, you have to get lucky and have a helicopter randomly decide to land at the marina.

I was just able to beat it with the backup helicopter from Merriweather. It cost me $5000 and the mission only paid out $2500, so that's getting a big 'ol dislike from me.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Sinding Johansson posted:

Advanced Rifle, definitely. It's laser accurate, very powerful and can have a 60 round magazine

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

I was looking at my stats and I saw "police training", no clue what it is.

You're at like the third highest rank of the shooting stat. The label for it is Police Training, the best is Dead-Eye or something like that.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I use the advanced rifle (it's advanced! that means it's better!), but if I'm not mistaken the Carbine actually has better range. So it's situational.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Welp, I got booted from a game in the middle of purchasing clothes and when I rejoined, I can't move. I just run in place. :suicide: I tried to give this game another chance, at least until I had gotten the "stimulus package" but now I'm done. Hours upon hours put into this character gone because I can't loving walk anymore.

gently caress you and your lovely game R*. :byewhore:

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Ara posted:

You don't need to get it in again. When taking the car out on the phone with insurance, mash the button to select the car before it's even visible. As soon as it goes through, access the money store and then cancel out. Take another random car out of your garage and back in. If you succeeded, you should have 2 of the vehicle you want, one insured and one not. I've done this first try with both a Buzzard and a taco truck.
I am maybe stupid but there seems to be a couple of key words missing or something here, because "take another car out and back - if you succeed you're stoked" is either missing a step or two or I don't understand what it means to drive a car out and back in..?

Chard posted:

I use the advanced rifle (it's advanced! that means it's better!), but if I'm not mistaken the Carbine actually has better range. So it's situational.
I took the silencer off my carbine, and tossed my AK. Still usually use the advanced.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I play so much goddamn golf

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

I find the Carbine is my most used gun, I have been using the MG a fair bit but only because it's pink. The Carbine is fast and powerful.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

ExplodingSquid posted:

I find the Carbine is my most used gun, I have been using the MG a fair bit but only because it's pink. The Carbine is fast and powerful.

If you're doing it correctly, every gun is pink
:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Chard posted:

If you're doing it correctly, every gun is pink
:colbert:

When pink unlocks then they will be. :D

There also needs to be a way to show people you are a friendly. Like the minecraft kneel action. Doing my chosen action and jerking off to people doesn't really come across as friendly. Heh, pun.

• Locked thread