Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Elias time gently caress yes :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

JossiRossi posted:

Has the machine tried to save non-Americans (excluding immigrants) before? Maybe it only cares about people in the US system.

raditts posted:

Non-Americans wouldn't have SSNs or alien registration numbers, so I imagine it wouldn't have a way of ID'ing them.

In Relevance it sends Shaw to Germany to stop a terrorist attack, even if foreign countries dont have the same system as America, there's usually always some way of parsing out info on a person based on a number. Canada has social insurance for example.

In terms of team irrelevant, it keeps them in New York because that's where they are based in, if there was an easy way for them to stop all irrelevant crimes across the nation/world it would send them more numbers.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Funny that HR Kid is getting cold feet about murder now when he seemed pretty gung ho about offing Carter.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Yesssssssss. Save the day erryday Fusco.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

I want more Fusco and Carter staged murder scenes.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
"I'm going for kind of a hollowpoint special kind of motif."

Fusco :allears:

e; oh snap, and then Simmons changes his mind. This is like a French farce.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Look, it's cool that De Blasio won, but get on with the show already!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The hypnotherapist looks familiar. Has he been in anything in particular?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mr. Fowl posted:

The hypnotherapist looks familiar. Has he been in anything in particular?

He's on Mad Men and was the lead in the game LA Noire.

stoops
Jun 11, 2001
I hope that black kid works for Elias

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

This is like modern keystone cops. Is anything real? I bet this show isn't even Person of Interest!

VVV
I wonder if this is setting up for the end of the season.

JossiRossi fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 6, 2013

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Holy poo poo they got Quinn! Show those photos to Carter already Rookie Boy!

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
"Terney."

:fuckoff:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hahaha, Natalie conned him.

JossiRossi posted:

This is like modern keystone cops. Is anything real? I bet this show isn't even Person of Interest!

VVV
I wonder if this is setting up for the end of the season.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Holy poo poo I can't stop cracking up over Reese just nailing Terney with that stool.

And yep, I knew that the conman was gonna get conned, though I was predicting it would be the cold drinks kid who knew the score and hocked the ball.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Huh, Finch actually IS jealous. Weird.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

muscles like this? posted:

Hahaha, Natalie conned him.

I figured that she was probably conning the con artist as well about the time that the guy con artist snuck out of the motel room window.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Man, poor rookie.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Holy poo poo, they pulled the trigger on putting HR to the front of the plot queue.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

What nobody realizes is that the following week, Cold Drinks kid saunters in to an auction house and makes out with a cool $4,400,120.

Edit: Wait holy poo poo what the gently caress was that preview. :stare:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

THE gently caress THEY SAY?

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
That preview! :tviv: 3 episode event with Fusco.

Garbo
May 30, 2011
If they touch one hair on fuscos curly head I am so done with this show.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

:stare:

Holy poo poo, that preview for next week. I don't want to lose Fusco!

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Kai Tave posted:

Holy poo poo I can't stop cracking up over Reese just nailing Terney with that stool.

This needs a gif. Badly.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Fusco's still in the opening credits, right? That means they aren't gonna kill him. Right?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

THE gently caress THEY SAY?

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

It was a little lost because holy poo poo that preview, but Carter telling Tierny to be a cop for once as he is bleeding out I think ties for most bad rear end moment with Reese's chair smash.

And rookie cop getting it while trying to defend Carter was kind of heart breaking. He deserved better.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Carter's just been badass this whole season. The bit with her and Fusco bickering over how to make fake blood-spatter was great, and then that ending. I admit, I didn't expect the rookie to genuinely repent but I also didn't expect him to get shot so quickly either. Goddamn, and this is episode seven. There's fifteen more to go this season. This feels like something you roll out for the big finale, not "yeah, we're about a third of the way through, time to RAMP EVERYTHING UP."

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I think they're going for a mid-season finale.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They're calling the next three episodes collectively Endgame so it sounds like they might be closing out the HR story arc altogether.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I think Terney getting Stooled has topped Akimbo Fusco for my favorite scene of the show.

That said, so long Terney, you've been a recurring character since the second episode of the show, and for most of it you've been a pretty alright guy. Let's face it tho, you were never gonna get a super awesome comic book fight like Simmons did.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Zaggitz posted:

I think Terney getting Stooled has topped Akimbo Fusco for my favorite scene of the show.

The icing on the cake is that after he does it Shaw's just got this smirk on her face.

So if they tie off the HR plot for the midseason, what's that leave the showrunners in the plot bucket? Vigilance, obviously. We have Root and the Machine's relationship which is clearly being established in preparation for something. Haven't heard from Decima since last season and I'm wondering when/if we will again since their gambit to gain admin access failed. I guess if HR falls it'll be time for Elias to make his triumphant comeback.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

There's that one guy from the episode where the doctor was being manipulated into killing her patient.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Kai Tave posted:

The icing on the cake is that after he does it Shaw's just got this smirk on her face.

So if they tie off the HR plot for the midseason, what's that leave the showrunners in the plot bucket? Vigilance, obviously. We have Root and the Machine's relationship which is clearly being established in preparation for something. Haven't heard from Decima since last season and I'm wondering when/if we will again since their gambit to gain admin access failed. I guess if HR falls it'll be time for Elias to make his triumphant comeback.
I doubt the Machine will go for Elias, he likes to keep organized crime neat and tidy and under the radar, no blatant acts of violence to show anyone who's boss. If anything he'd keep the streets in order.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

raditts posted:

There's that one guy from the episode where the doctor was being manipulated into killing her patient.

I maintain my assumption that if Alistair comes back it'll be as a Decima operative. British sinister villains gotta stick together.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Sober posted:

I doubt the Machine will go for Elias, he likes to keep organized crime neat and tidy and under the radar, no blatant acts of violence to show anyone who's boss. If anything he'd keep the streets in order.

If it weren't for the machine Elias would have been dead years ago, after all.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Yeah, British not!Reese. Guess they could bring him back though he was only in the one episode so they'd need to catch people up on him ("Who was that guy again?").

Looking at the comments on other sites (I know, I know) it's pretty remarkable how frequently I'm seeing some variation of "This season sucks so far! And so does Shaw!" which I only expect to get worse if they really do go ahead and pull Fusco's card. I mean, fine, not everyone's going to like every character though I've dug the hell out of Shaw so far, but saying this season has sucked? Yeah, opinions and assholes, but really? Even as someone who's been watching this show from the beginning I'm forced to admit that it's improved notably since it first started and I'm failing to see the decline in quality that's got these people up in arms. I wonder what exactly they're looking for because, I mean, it's pretty much the same show it ever was.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

It's just tumblr shippers getting mad that the dynamic has shifted due to there being more mains. Don't worry about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

They're calling the next three episodes collectively Endgame so it sounds like they might be closing out the HR story arc altogether.
Looking at the episode listings Endgame is the name of the next episode, then another two but it must be Endgame time for HR, which is weird/awesome if they named that arc.

It's Endgame/The Crossing/The Devil's Share, that might round out the mid-season finale by finishing the HR arc.

Fusco :ohdear:

Kai Tave posted:

Yeah, British not!Reese. Guess they could bring him back though he was only in the one episode so they'd need to catch people up on him ("Who was that guy again?").

Looking at the comments on other sites (I know, I know) it's pretty remarkable how frequently I'm seeing some variation of "This season sucks so far! And so does Shaw!" which I only expect to get worse if they really do go ahead and pull Fusco's card. I mean, fine, not everyone's going to like every character though I've dug the hell out of Shaw so far, but saying this season has sucked? Yeah, opinions and assholes, but really? Even as someone who's been watching this show from the beginning I'm forced to admit that it's improved notably since it first started and I'm failing to see the decline in quality that's got these people up in arms. I wonder what exactly they're looking for because, I mean, it's pretty much the same show it ever was.
Might be the same kind of people who don't give a poo poo about backstory/mythology - granted the procedural parts on their own are already drat strong, as are the serial arcs. I remembered when people got in a fuss because S2 ended with no number-of-the-week and was a three-episode arc on the goddamn premise of the show. Shaw is awesome, but I think people who hate her are Reese/Finch shippers who don't want anyone else in on team irrelevant.

I also don't want to read their fanfiction.

edit: Zaggitz how dare you type faster than me

• Locked thread