Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Sieg posted:

Just thought it was interesting. Any other information on Brian not drinking Mangria?
Mangria is loving gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

JGdmn posted:

Mangria is loving gross.

It's not too bad. Then you realize how much you spent for it and yeah.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Wow and the shipping is still insane. It ships from Napa, to ship a $19 bottle TO Napa would cost $14.81 at the minimum :stare:

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Carolla's Rams just basically lost because of a missed field goal that maybe went over the top of the goal post. Looking forward to the next episode!

dayman
Mar 12, 2009

Is it a yes, or...
It was a little encouraging that the audience at Amalfi didn't seem to be buying Adam's "I don't care, I just pay taxes" rant about the NSA spying. He stopped briefly after the rant perhaps waiting for the cheer and applause that never came and Alison was forced to jump in.

I really hope someone calls in at some point to clue him on why he should care about these kinds of governmental overreaches. It feels like his mind could be changed on the subject because he's such an advocate for limited government interference. If someone brings up that just because they're not targeting you now doesn't mean they can't use everything they've collected against you in the future, I honestly can see him coming around on the issue. Or maybe he's too technically illiterate and hates brown people too much to have his mind changed.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
So is he divorced or separated?

I've only listened sporadically lately, and he seems to mention the family much less.

TacoHavoc
Dec 31, 2007
It's taco-y and havoc-y...at the same time!

Red posted:

He's talked about therapy here and there lately. My guess is that his therapist suggested he stop airing his personal issues out in a public forum where his wife can't defend herself.

Sieg
Sep 28, 2009

Must kill all humans

Red posted:

I've only listened sporadically lately, and he seems to mention the family much less.

He talks about them a lot, just doesn't go into 45 minute rants about his wife being useless and leaving lights on and not selling enough Mangria blah blah blah.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
So I guess the "float on auditions" is the next unfunny bit Adam is going to run into the ground. The original Jo Koy one would have been good if Adam would have shut up for 5 seconds so he could actually be funny.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I think the Jo Koy bits are fine if they were 2 minutes and not 10. I did laugh my rear end off the other day at Jo's character trying to convince Adam to ditch his daughter.

Is anyone else having trouble getting the Adam & Drew show to update on the app (Android)? Hasn't updated in a month.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like the whole app is being shut down.

Niwrad fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 2, 2013

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
It looks like someone dropped a nickel in the spirit world.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
I'm pretty God damned sick of all Jo Koy improvisations.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
Really? I find Adam much more annoying than Jo. He even talks over his partners in improvisations!

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

I thought Jo Koy did a great job on today's show considering the pile of poo poo setup Adam just flung at him right off the bat. Carolla is really determined to run certain premises into the ground, you'd think he's been doing this long enough to just let the stuff happen naturally. Like the brown sugar man towards the end of the show, that was pretty magical.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Adam seems more interested than filling time than being funny these days.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
That's what I came back to add actually. Part of the problem is he never puts a riff to bed before it's more than run its course. There's a point where it becomes repetitive and unfunny, and that's usually around 5 minutes.. not te twenty that they usually run.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I really don't think he gives a poo poo about the daily shows. It's just 90 minutes he needs to power through and whether it's good or bad is irrelevant. There is no preparation and as little effort as possible.

Northern_most
Mar 29, 2010
My iPhone podcast app has a (!) on the Adam Carolla Show podcast because I haven't tuned in in weeks. Any shows particular that would be worth loading up? I've been getting a bit bored with the show as of late.

edit: \/ thanks

Northern_most fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Nov 6, 2013

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

braden posted:

My iPhone podcast app has a (!) on the Adam Carolla Show podcast because I haven't tuned in in weeks. Any shows particular that would be worth loading up? I've been getting a bit bored with the show as of late.
Penn Jillette and David Wild from Oct 25th was a good one. It's the first time ever in the show where they start the show without Adam, it's just Alison, Bryan and the guests for like 10 minutes, that was interesting. And Penn Jillette is always good for some talking.

Jo Koy from Oct 24th is really good too. The Floaters song really is funny, no matter how much it's getting run into the ground.

If you can go back that far, Tom Lennon was on August 14th, that one was a standout. Actually you can get it from the website, although Itunes may not show it anymore: http://adamcarolla.com/tom-lennon-and-diane-farr/

e: Also check out Diamond Dallas Page from September 19: http://adamcarolla.com/diamond-dallas-page/

RightClickSaveAs fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Nov 6, 2013

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

RightClickSaveAs posted:

e: Also check out Diamond Dallas Page from September 19: http://adamcarolla.com/diamond-dallas-page/

Worth it for the DUDE OFF

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
I like Jo and I like him being a regular it's all the Asian guy bits that I'm done with.

The Diamond Dallas Page episode was great. I really liked the episode with Lou Diamond Philips too. The dude was really down to earth and funny, I'm glad they're having him back.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Today on the Adam & Drew Show:

Bullying doesn't exist. It's just guys having some fun and the wimps just need to quit being so sensitive.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Adam & Drew was a good idea but it really hasn't worked out. The charm of Loveline was that they got to poo poo on dumb teenagers for a few hours each night. Adam actually gave a poo poo too and put in some effort. Now it's them lazily talking about a topic that ultimately leads to psycho-analyzing some personality quirk Adam has. The show is just boring.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Adam also seemed more progressive back then; he would at least let somebody say something stupid before being a dick about it, usually.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
It seems to be 75/25 boring poo poo between the two of them instead of talking to retarded people about their horrible life choices. Adam said people must like it that way because it's popular but I don't think anyone does.

Edit - someone posted this in some thread, but check out http://www.thisyearcollection.org/ They take 3 months of old Loveline and Adam's old radio show and pick the best stuff. The lovelines end up being 6-7 hours and are pretty much non-stop amusing. Maybe they'll do The Adam and Drew Show someday and I'll be able to listen to It.

Ariza fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Nov 12, 2013

Sieg
Sep 28, 2009

Must kill all humans
ADS #093 was one of the funniest shows I've heard on the Ace network in a long time. Dr. Drew busts Adam's chops pretty hard on the "Grandpa Carolla" thing. I was laughing really hard at that.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.

Grant DaNasty posted:

Bullying doesn't exist. It's just guys having some fun and the wimps just need to quit being so sensitive.

A lot of the stuff they said on the topic was bullshit but there was one point that I thought rang true. Victimization can become a self fulfilling prophecy and if we had a culture that didn't encourage the social currency of victimization people in general might feel better about themselves.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Grant DaNasty posted:

I didn't listen to it but let me guess, he cited his flawless "Ray didn't beat up that one disabled kid in high school therefore bullying doesn't exist" theory right?

Sieg
Sep 28, 2009

Must kill all humans

Kaptain K posted:

Victimization can become a self fulfilling prophecy and if we had a culture that didn't encourage the social currency of victimization people in general might feel better about themselves.

This was the main point of what Adam was trying to say.

Ez posted:

I didn't listen to it but let me guess, he cited his flawless "Ray didn't beat up that one disabled kid in high school therefore bullying doesn't exist" theory right?

No, but he did talk a lot about the things him, Ray, and Chris would do to each other and other members of the football team. Then he got into a weird story about this naked pool game he'd play with those guys. Drew called it homoerotic.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.

Sieg posted:

ADS #093 was one of the funniest shows I've heard on the Ace network in a long time. Dr. Drew busts Adam's chops pretty hard on the "Grandpa Carolla" thing. I was laughing really hard at that.

This was definitely hilarious.

"We didn't have plants!

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Ez posted:

No, he did tell the "Ray threw poo poo at my head" story. It was a lot of him talking about how his friends would roughhouse and do crazy poo poo to him, but he never considered it bullying. So bullied kids are only bullied because they believe they're being bullied.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Sieg posted:

This was the main point of what Adam was trying to say.

No, but he did talk a lot about the things him, Ray, and Chris would do to each other and other members of the football team. Then he got into a weird story about this naked pool game he'd play with those guys. Drew called it homoerotic.

You mean when they'd use jacuzzi jets to fill their colons up with water?

I wanna barf every time I hear that.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Grant DaNasty posted:

No, he did tell the "Ray threw poo poo at my head" story. It was a lot of him talking about how his friends would roughhouse and do crazy poo poo to him, but he never considered it bullying. So bullied kids are only bullied because they believe they're being bullied.

It's part of Adam's retarded mental attitude that if something doesn't happen to him or someone he knows then it doesn't happen. He's not allergic to peanuts and neither are any of his friends, therefore peanut allergies don't exist.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.
Adam is never ever clear about whether the guerrilla enema story involves actual feces or just water coming out of someone's rear end.

Ez posted:

It's part of Adam's retarded mental attitude that if something doesn't happen to him or someone he knows then it doesn't happen. He's not allergic to peanuts and neither are any of his friends, therefore peanut allergies don't exist.

http://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1869095,00.html

quote:

Between 1997 and 2007, the number of children under 18 who suffered from food allergies jumped 17%, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Experts don't disagree that the incidence of food allergies has increased, but there isn't much consensus as to why. Some researchers suggest that an overly hygienic lifestyle may hamper the body's ability to build up proper immunities; others believe the statistical rise is a combination of a real increase in allergies and an increase in the number of patients seeking diagnosis (i.e., getting allergy tests that turn up very low levels of reaction that might otherwise have gone undiscovered). "You have to distinguish between an epidemic of diagnoses and an epidemic of allergies," says Christakis.

Kaptain K fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Nov 13, 2013

Sieg
Sep 28, 2009

Must kill all humans

ChaosMonkey posted:

You mean when they'd use jacuzzi jets to fill their colons up with water?

I wanna barf every time I hear that.

No, they played a naked pool game at night. All dudes. They would all wrestle for control of the diving board. Kind of a king of the hill sort of thing. It was a story I've never heard before, and Drew said it was the first time he had heard it too.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Gabriel Iglesias kind of lost it at the end there. I don't remember the last time they cut off a guest and edited together the end.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

visuvius posted:

Gabriel Iglesias kind of lost it at the end there. I don't remember the last time they cut off a guest and edited together the end.

For those that didn't listen what happened?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Guest got completely hammered and went from goofy drunk to raging drunk pretty quick. Adam sort of cut the show short and mentioned putting the ad into post because of the direction it was going. It wasn't bad up until the end, and people who like awkward situations might like the end too.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Has anyone seen the pilot to Ray's reality show idea years ago? Some familiar faces in it (Bruce, Adam, Adam's Dad). Looks heavily scripted and terrible.

http://vimeo.com/45688356

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sieg
Sep 28, 2009

Must kill all humans

Grant DaNasty posted:

Listen to ACS: Jo Koy and Bayard Winthrop for more on this. Brian was an assistant coach of Martin's and said that the entire football team was a bunch of spoiled babies.

In that episode, I think Adam more clearly defines his stance on bullying. It starts somewhere around the 1 hour mark into the show.