Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

quiggy posted:

Look, I'm bummed there aren't more Jewish leaders is all. Ok? Cool. I'm shutting up.

Serious talk:
With the ruler designer you can make any leader Jewish. So you should be able to have some ahistorical fun anyway. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatOtherGuy
Jul 15, 2006

"Size matters not. Look at my quarterback. Judge him by his size, do you? Hmm?"
The Jewish empire of the Canary Islands will rule the world.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

ThatOtherGuy posted:

Canary Islands? Transfer the continent spanning Jewish Roman Empire into EUIV!

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Welp, after avoiding such mistakes for hundreds of hours of playtime I finally lost track of my huge family and accidentally married a guy (a foreign king, too) to his own aunt. Guess it had to happen sooner or later :v:

And of course, Svanhild is instantly inbred. Given all the resources I've dumped into keeping Sweden Slavic, I hope the first male manages to dodge the bullet :ohdear:

(I've also avoided stabbing children during this game, but I'm thinking this might lead to a reasonable exception. Maybe if I have a Cruel regent when the time comes.)

NihilCredo fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Nov 5, 2013

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Well, there's some good news and some bad news...

Doomdark posted:

I have a design for a decadence rework, but I don't know if and when we can slot it in. Not for this expansion, sorry.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

Fintilgin posted:

Canary Islands? Transfer the continent spanning Jewish Roman Empire into EUIV!

No no no, Jewish Aztecs.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

SpRahl posted:

No no no, Jewish Aztecs.

Grand Rabbi Solomon Huitzilihuitl III V.S. Fylkir Augustus Caesar Sven Bloodshirt Romulus

I want to transfer this to HOI3. Make it happen, Paradox.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
All the complaints about a paltry number of Jews had me worried that the devs were only adding Jewish rulers, rather than court Jews and Jewish communities.

quote:

Apart from the Khazar Jews, there are also the Ashkenazim and Sephardim, in the form of learned men and courtiers who can show up in your court. If you run out of money as a non-Jewish ruler, you can also choose to borrow money from Jewish merchants. If you do not want to pay them back, you can actually expel the Jews from the realm (similar to what you can do with the Holy Orders.) You will, however, stop getting the benefits of having remarkably skilled Jewish courtiers to serve in your council, and you and your descendants cannot borrow any more money from their community. Obviously, this is a pretty terrible thing to do, but it does, unfortunately, have several historical precedents.

But hey, they did just that!

This is the sort of thing that I was hoping they would add, because it really does add Jews in the context that they mostly appeared in during the period. Actual Jewish rulers are just gravy!

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

I wonder if the ashkenazi are gonna get their own cultural retinue if you land them.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Sindai posted:

Well, there's some good news and some bad news...

It's not a full fix to dedacence, but shouldn't this cut down on the relatives stabbing a little bit?

quote:

First off though, for those who read last week's diary, we've changed how the Ash'ari and Mu'tazilite traits are handled a bit. They are now much more significant, because an Ash'ari no longer gives decadence to his dynasty, and the Learning bonus for Mutazilites is correspondingly higher (currently +5).

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Will Judaism be in the same religious group as Catholic and Orthodox Christians, or will you be able to holy war Jews as a Christian, or the other way around?

The changes to the two Islamic "factions" are interesting. +5 to learning is really helpful for a ruler since the rework of the technology system, on the other hand no decadence... But from a power gaming perspective the choice is clear. A big learning stat can be a huge help in the beginning of the game. Due to your family being not that big, a smaller realm having a slower natural decadence growth and frequent wars in the early years to reduce decadence there are no reasons to to go with the "scholars". In the later game, where ahead penalties make learning unattractive and decadence threatens to run rampart there is no reason to not go with the "fanatics".

Torrannor fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Nov 5, 2013

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
The minmaxing follows the historical track.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

:raise: :raise:

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Hey man, it's cute. "I would like you to... help me plan a romantic getaway!"

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

The lady just doesn't want her man fooling around.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

This game has really made certain actual historical succession stories rather suspicious in my mind. Elizabeth I comes to mind.

Oh, also, I've tried to play this game and it eludes me and I love it. I haven't been this confused since Dwarf Fortress.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Have any of you ever gotten the events for "falconer," "gardener," or "duelist?" I see them on people in the character viewer but have never gotten them ever. The only shield shaped random event thing I ever seem to get is "scholar."

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
I've gotten falconer and gardener. The chain to get into Falconry is great because the odds are 50% successful falconry and 50% disastrous falconry :black101:

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

WEREWAIF posted:

Have any of you ever gotten the events for "falconer," "gardener," or "duelist?" I see them on people in the character viewer but have never gotten them ever. The only shield shaped random event thing I ever seem to get is "scholar."

You can get gardener from the stewardship improvement ambition or if you pick the other options in the chain that gives you impaler.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I've gotten gardener and I think I got falconer too, but I don't remember. You can get gardener from trying to improve your stewardship. Never got duelist though.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

You can get all of them, although dueling is very rare, for whatever reason.

mornhaven
Sep 10, 2011
You can get most of them through the attribute improvement ambitions, although scholar seems to be the most common and doesn't need the improve learning ambition to appear. I think the limit is supposed to be one per character, though I have gotten on occasion two with the second almost always being scholar.

ThatOtherGuy
Jul 15, 2006

"Size matters not. Look at my quarterback. Judge him by his size, do you? Hmm?"
My favorite event chain is the one to improve your military trait. It starts off with you making tiny wooden soldiers, then discovering that other people have battles with them, then next thing you know your personal guards are busting open doors and announcing your presence to frightened teenage peasants as you challenge them to battle with your little wooden army and dice. It makes it sound so epic considering what is really happening.

Also the Karate Kid one. And the Robin Hood one. And others.

I love the event chains.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
I think your more likely to get certain lifestyle traits if your score in the relevant trait is high, at least my pagan rulers tend to get duelist after obtaining piles of +2 axes.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Pile of Kittens posted:

This game has really made certain actual historical succession stories rather suspicious in my mind. Elizabeth I comes to mind.

Oh, also, I've tried to play this game and it eludes me and I love it. I haven't been this confused since Dwarf Fortress.

Her sister Mary had the real Ck2 worthy succession. Henry's son died and tried putting Lady Jane Grey as his heir. Mary comes storming out of the north with a huge gently caress off army and put her head on a spike. If I recall Lady grey was first cousins with Mary as well.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

:wtf:

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

I thought they were waiting for Sons of Abraham to implement the Joan of Arc event line.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Jesus take the (Chariot) Wheel.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
This is obviously a guy that gets advice from Jesus, what you see in the picture is his wife.

I suspect WYA is more surprised that Jesus would help a devout (zealous) Norse with warfare.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Is there a way to drive yourself insane? Having a possessed lunatic ruler sounds fun.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Clanpot Shake posted:

Is there a way to drive yourself insane? Having a possessed lunatic ruler sounds fun.

You can always just use the console and write "add_trait lunatic" or "add_trait possessed".

Don't think there's any legit ways of making yourself insane though, other than that inbred children have a higher chance of having it.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Really appreciate this new DLC adding in CK2+ features

I'm just kidding it sounds fun

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Clanpot Shake posted:

You could use ruler designer. I had Harald Fairhair turn up possessed in one of my games and I ran a bloody swathe over Scandinavia and Western Europe. He reformed the Norse face under advice from Dark Lord Xuhmalz.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Torrannor posted:

This is obviously a guy that gets advice from Jesus, what you see in the picture is his wife.

I suspect WYA is more surprised that Jesus would help a devout (zealous) Norse with warfare.

I am the Scourge of God. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
My original ruler in my latest game got possessed. Then, he heard the voice of Jesus telling him how to kill people. I sat back and prepared myself for all the wtf events. They never came. He lasted over a decade and then died from an old boring bear-related injury. :(

Is there a way to game inheritable traits? I can't seem to get mom's incredible mind on to the kids. It's may just be that I suck at dice rolls but if it's 50/50 the odds would be with me.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

ThatOtherGuy posted:

The Chinese Jews will come and rule and all will shake at their might- I accept this challenge.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
A couple years ago I could create a titular kingdom title (Kingdom of York) but I cant anymore now, what gives? Dont know what changed :(

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Cool, some possessed kinsman I married off to some scottish broad is apparently a 'Friend +100' and keeps giving me money to help me in my wars against Scotland.

Thanks, guy. Sorry your kid turned out to be inbred, I really didn't find familial connection between you and your lady when I hooked you two up.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED
My norse woman with awesome martial stats already getting voice of Jesus netted her something like 40 martial score. Battles were over pretty quick. Found out that for a possessed person to get the voice of Jesus modifier it's something like 70,000 MTH. Meaning most people will never ever see it.

After getting back into this I reinstalled warband and 1257... enjoying these times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

DStecks posted:

God almighty Paradox, why don't you just add decadence for Christians, raiding for Muslims, and make every religion play exactly the loving same? It's not like variety is good design or anything.

Raiding should be available to everyone, at the very least, vs your religious enemies. Raids were pretty much 95% of the warfare going on during the time period.

• Locked thread