Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Nah, I'm fine with it. I can't imagine anyone else playing the part, and Jackman never does a bad job, even in the bad movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Hugh Jackman is awesome. I'd have loved to see the Aronofsky Wolverine though. And yes, please, more character driven, intimate and less world ending plots.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Deadpool posted:

In the latest news, Hugh Jackman will literally be playing Wolverine forever at this point. I can't complain about that.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/james-mangold-hugh-jackman-sinking-claws-into-another-the-wolverine-film/

He is the real-life Wolverine.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Madkal posted:

He is the real-life Wolverine.

He's the best at what he does, and what he does is sing in musicals.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

StumblyWumbly posted:

He's the best at what he does, and what he does is sing in musicals.

I wouldn't say no to a Wolverine musical.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Madkal posted:

I wouldn't say no to a Wolverine musical.

Don't you remember Spider-Man? Why do you hate Broadway

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.
Everyone who loves Hugh Jackman should watch the first skit in Movie 43.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Or if you have severe brain damage.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

StumblyWumbly posted:

Don't you remember Spider-Man? Why do you hate Broadway

I was going to say "Yeah, why would you want to add blades to the danger" but then I remembered the Spider-Man musical already had a Silver Samurai/Stryfe-looking villain called Swiss Miss.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Lobok posted:

I was going to say "Yeah, why would you want to add blades to the danger" but then I remembered the Spider-Man musical already had a Silver Samurai/Stryfe-looking villain called Swiss Miss.

Honestly, what the hell is wrong with the people who wrote that musical? Everything about it seems terrible.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

DFu4ever posted:

Honestly, what the hell is wrong with the people who wrote that musical? Everything about it seems terrible.

Nobody involved cared about the comic in the first place. It's pretty much the musical equivalent of Tim Burton's attempt at Superman, only this time it was actually seen to fruition.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Burning disdain for the source material, the death of many a script.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Deadpool posted:

In the latest news, Hugh Jackman will literally be playing Wolverine forever at this point.

Playing Wolverine forever? Old Man Logan movie confirmed.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

DFu4ever posted:

How could you say anything bad about this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-epVr5kr8M

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Nov 6, 2013

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I'm still disappointed that Swiss Miss hasn't been added to the comics yet.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Hakkesshu posted:

I'm still disappointed that Swiss Miss hasn't been added to the comics yet.
Imagine the reverse, where the musical uses SpOck instead.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lobok posted:

When you mentioned "blades" I instantly thought, "So, it's Wolverine on ice now, is it?"

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Ok I like Hugh Jackman and his inspired portrayal of Wolverine as much as the next guy but seriously, enough's enough.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
The one thing I found surprising in Thor 2 is a plotline they hinted at but really failed to explore: a love triangle between Thor, Jane Foster and Sif. Which is a shame, as Portman wasn't very enjoyable (still at least she was trying slightly harder to bother acting than in Thor). Outside of First Class, the film featured probably the most complex portrayal of Marvel characters to date (that's not saying much). Would have liked to have seen more of the Warriors Three.

The exact nature of the killing of Malekith at the end was a little confusing due to the overuse of special effects both the hammer and the macguffin at the same time, wasn't sure which delivered the important blow.

Ecclestone didn't seem to ham it up, which was a bit of a shame, but by all accounts he just did it for the money at any rate according to his interview in the Metro.

e:Overall I very much enjoyed it though.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the X-Force movie have Wolverine as team leader. Or if they use Cable, his origin will be that of the Ultimate version so that Jackman will still be playing him.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I used to love Wolverine, but good God does his well seem to have run dry.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Metal Loaf posted:

When you mentioned "blades" I instantly thought, "So, it's Wolverine on ice now, is it?"

Time to remake Slap Shot starring Wolverine.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Diabetic posted:

I used to love Wolverine, but good God does his well seem to have run dry.

So basically movies now are getting to where comics were in 1990.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Mr. Maltose posted:

Burning disdain for the source material, the death of many a script.

And many an actor!

Too soon?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I don't think Jackman has to many more Wolverine films in him, he just is loving Wolverine though just like RDJ is Iron Man and I'll be mad when he isn't. He's also fairly young still in his 40s so I mean he could probably play Wolverine for like 10 more years.

I love Hugh Jackman as Wolverine though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I mean, he's a pretty good Wolverine, but it's not like we have anyone to compare him to. I wouldn't mind seeing someone else try.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Lurdiak posted:

I mean, he's a pretty good Wolverine, but it's not like we have anyone to compare him to. I wouldn't mind seeing someone else try.

I'd love to see Steve Blum actually play the character, not just the voice...maybe for a skit or something.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
It would be nice if they got someone who actually looked the Wolverine in the comics to play the character. Someone short, stout, and hairy. Basically I am saying they should get Danny de Vito to play the role.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

jivjov posted:

I'd love to see Steve Blum actually play the character, not just the voice...maybe for a skit or something.

The problem there is that Blum's almost ten years older than Jackman, and I'm pretty sure has never been in anything even close to the same shape Jackman's willing to get into for Wolverine. It would be cool, but I could only really see it as an Old Man Logan-type deal. And honestly if that ever happens I think it'd be cool to see Jackman do it, even if it only happens after someone else replaces him as the Main Wolverine.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Madkal posted:

It would be nice if they got someone who actually looked the Wolverine in the comics to play the character. Someone short, stout, and hairy. Basically I am saying they should get Danny de Vito to play the role.

But then who would play Puck?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Madkal posted:

Wolverine in the comics basically looks like Jackman now, though. Either way he can probably play the character for 15 more years. Watch The Wolverine and marvel at how he is ten times buffer than in the original X-Men film.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

Hakkesshu posted:

Wolverine in the comics basically looks like Jackman now, though. Either way he can probably play the character for 15 more years. Watch The Wolverine and marvel at how he is ten times buffer than in the original X-Men film.

To me he looks very much more the part now than he did when he first started.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Throwdown posted:

To me he looks very much more the part now than he did when he first started.

He was pretty young for Wolverine when the first movie came out.

I was reading an article a while back about how actors like Jackman and Cavill get in shape for their parts and it talked about how hard they work just to get in the shape they're in for those couple of shirtless scenes per movie. Its insane how hard Henry Cavill worked just for that one scene in Man of Steel where he's walking around shirtless in Alaska after the oil rig.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
d00gZ,

How much of this article can you read straight through before you want to start hurting people?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

redbackground posted:

d00gZ,

How much of this article can you read straight through before you want to start hurting people?

It's on Buzzfeed, so I'm going to say "like a quarter of the way through the URL".

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
For every post about what a douche Max Landis is I feel there should be a post about how awesome and down to earth Max Brooks is. I met that dude at a comic con and he was a class act.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Shawn posted:

For every post about what a douche Max Landis is I feel there should be a post about how awesome and down to earth Max Brooks is. I met that dude at a comic con and he was a class act.

Here is another big difference: Max Brooks's father is Mel Brooks and he seems like an awesome guy too. Max Landis's father is responsible for the deaths of two kids and an actor.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 6, 2013

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

redbackground posted:

d00gZ,

lovely buzzfeed article aside, I don't hate Max Landis. I could listen to the guy pitch blockbusters all day.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

bobkatt013 posted:

Here is another big difference: Max Brooks's father is Mel Brooks and he seems like an awesome gut too. Max Landis's father is responsible for the deaths of two kids and an actor.

Wait, what about the child death?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Sion posted:

Wait, what about the child death?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight_Zone:_The_Movie#Helicopter_accident

• Locked thread