Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ara
Oct 18, 2003

coyo7e posted:

That's what I thought, but it didn't work. It left my riot truck in the street when I called a different car, and now my riot truck isn't in the garage anymore. And it says the riot van is a personal vehicle I can't access. In an invite-only session.

I just did this again with a riot van myself with 0 problems.

Blow up whatever car you don't want.
Go into the garage, sit in the van, and call the insurance company.
Accelerate to go into the "leaving garage" animation.
Mash on circle to accept the charges for my blown-up car while the screen is still black.
When the screen becomes not-black, I'm in the riot van about to do the "go out of garage" animation. At the top of the screen it says that my car will be in the insurance lot.
Immediately hit start, go to the money store, then cancel out. Need to go to the money store BEFORE you get out of the garage exit animation.
Canceling out of the money store respawns you nearby. Go into the garage, take something out, then go back in.
There should be 2 riot vans in there, the one that replaced your blown-up car's spot is the insured one.

If your riot van made it out into the street, you probably didn't go to the money store quickly enough.

It should be noted that taking something else out of the garage is just for the purpose of moving the vehicle in the insurance lot back to your garage. I don't know whether it changes into another riot van during this move, or if there was already a riot van sitting over in the insurance lot.

Ara fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Nov 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Ahh that's what I was missing, thanks!

In retrospect it seems silly since it takes 10 seconds to drive to the cop shop from Weazel Apartment.

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.

Brasseye posted:

I dont know what would make people more vocal and pissed off between taking away the glitching money and leaving it there. I have no idea how much work it would take to determine what was bought legitimately and what was bought with cheat money, or if theyd just completely wipe the garages and bank accounts of cheaters.

It seems a little harsh if its the latter because some people lost tens of hours of progress in the early stages and cheated to try and get back to where they were before.

I think most of the players don't know about the glitch or don't use it. The other day I was on a server where a bunch of people were talking about their finances, how much they had saved up and such. I was surprised at how many people much higher level than me only had about $40,000. I think as awareness of glitching spreads to the public there will be more and more complaining about it and Rockstar will be forced to act even if they weren't planning on it. A minority are glitching, of them some of them probably spend so much time goofing off and spending money on bounties that their money per hour won't seem too unusual and won't get caught, and of those who are caught, I imagine only a few will quit playing the game and those are the types who never would have spent money on virtual cash anyway so no loss to Rockstar.

I think it will be incredibly easy for them to find the glitchers. The easiest way would be to just plot a graph showing the amount of money the players have divided by their number of hours played. There will be a clear bell curve among the non-cheaters, and a big spike at the high end. I figure they will wipe the assets of those outside the bell curve right before they give the stimulus. There are more complicated ways they could find the glitchers, for one thing every vehicle has a unique ID that is copied when a car is duped (see how duped cars even have the same license plate). Sell the same car more than twice? Wipe assets.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

ClearAirTurbulence posted:

I think it will be incredibly easy for them to find the glitchers. The easiest way would be to just plot a graph showing the amount of money the players have divided by their number of hours played. There will be a clear bell curve among the non-cheaters, and a big spike at the high end. I figure they will wipe the assets of those outside the bell curve right before they give the stimulus. There are more complicated ways they could find the glitchers, for one thing every vehicle has a unique ID that is copied when a car is duped (see how duped cars even have the same license plate). Sell the same car more than twice? Wipe assets.
It's easier then that, because the money is all under their car sales category, so anyone with more than a certain amount is obviously exploiting something.

Ara
Oct 18, 2003

coyo7e posted:

Ahh that's what I was missing, thanks!

In retrospect it seems silly since it takes 10 seconds to drive to the cop shop from Weazel Apartment.

You can get it replaced for free and delivered to you, and anyone who manages to blow it up gets bad sport points.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Chard posted:

Oh. Well that's sort of cool I guess, although I was hoping for a way to counter the bought tanks that plague mid-city. Those players truly are the scum of the earth, and I'll sacrifice much to take them down.

You drive your expensive car into them repeatedly. Their tank crushes and destroys the car and they get bad sport points and sent to BSH while paying to replace your car.

lechunnel posted:

So in the Adder vs. Entity discussion, this thread seems to favour the Entity for speed/racing.

How is the Entity for general loving around in free roam? The engine is exposed at the back, right, which would leave it more exposed to gunfire and more likely to get blown up, I would've thought. The Adder on the other hand seems to have a tiny back window, which would function somewhat like the shield on the Bullet's back window.

The Adder has a rear window, but it also has a fat metal aerodynamic piece directly behind your head so getting shot from behind is a non issue, in my experience.

Also I got my full 500k stimulus last night at around 6pm PST.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Finally got one insured, and I absolutely love it and would recommend it to anyone who likes griefing.

You can shoot out at people when you're driving the riot van, but they can't shoot in. It's hilariously unbalanced.

I killed one guy a good 9-10 times in a row from the safety of my van. When he finally managed to sticky me enough times to blow me up, I spawned down the road from him, and we immediately both took cover, waiting for the other to pop his head up.

I used the time to get my mechanic to drop off the new riot van (thank you Mors Mutual), which I promptly ran the other guy over with.

A word of caution: The little side windows are not bulletproof, try to avoid having hostiles to your sides.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

Rubbergoose posted:

Wiggles here. That was a blast. Next time I'm gonna play this on a loop w/ my mic sitting in front of the speaker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGU1P6lBW6Q

When and where sir ?

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Anybody else having random vehicles (and litter) appearing in their garages? I now own a black and yellow mini cooper and quad bike after being kicked for being idle.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

I finally got on a winning streak with races last night, and dumped a bunch of money into my Entity. It appears to be lowered to the point where it now functions as a wedge, capable of sending most other vehicles directly into the air if smashed into correctly. It's made freeroam mode quite interesting.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

bisticles posted:

I finally got on a winning streak with races last night, and dumped a bunch of money into my Entity. It appears to be lowered to the point where it now functions as a wedge, capable of sending most other vehicles directly into the air if smashed into correctly. It's made freeroam mode quite interesting.

Be cool, use it as a mobile ramp for a buddy on a bike :cool: (works quite well with an Infernus, dont know about the Entity)

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
mynewdog and I were killing some pubbies last night and one sent me some delightful hate mail!

So obviously I replied to inform him that HDMI is superior to SCART. I think that's what he was on about anyway.

MODNOTE SEZ: Hey don't do that

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Nov 7, 2013

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I always like getting messages in another language. It fills me with glee knowing it probably took forever to type and me and my dumb American brain didn't understand a word of it. :effort:

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

Kelly posted:

I always like getting messages in another language. It fills me with glee knowing it probably took forever to type and me and my dumb American brain didn't understand a word of it. :effort:

I'm not obnoxious enough to get random angry messages sent to me :(.

Edit: Although one guy freaked the gently caress out on me because I put a bounty on him. I think the bounty was placed because he was annoying in chat but he got so mad about it. He went on and on in chat about how he was going to show me up by letting someone just kill him without a fight so they could claim my money. His logic revolved around the fact that by letting someone just kill him, I was wasting my money. Really I just wanted him to die and he spent about 5-10 minutes trying to get someone to shoot him, so not only did he die but waste 10 minutes doing nothing but bugging people to kill him. $2000 well spent.

Meanwhile, I put bounties on my friends randomly because who doesn't like being chased around the map trying to outrun pubbies?

Edit 2: I'm on Xbox.

Also got a message on my phone once from someone telling me I better run, but I killed him several times without him touching me and he ended up ragequitting.

A c E fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Nov 6, 2013

Ara
Oct 18, 2003

A c E posted:

I got one that said "You do not fear the dunce hat"

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

A c E posted:

I think this is mostly an Xbox thing, when I had a 360 I always got angry messages for headshotting or whatever someone in Gears of Wars or beating someone in FIFA. I've never gotten an angry message on PS3.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

El Hefe posted:

I think this is mostly an Xbox thing, when I had a 360 I always got angry messages for headshotting or whatever someone in Gears of Wars or beating someone in FIFA. I've never gotten an angry message on PS3.

Me neither.. Yesterday I really deserved it though. Got the High Prio vehicle and drove it into the construction site but wedged on its side so it couldn't be moved.

The same pubbie kept coming and trying to take it, must've killed him a dozen times before the cops got me.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

El Hefe posted:

I agree, I used to get loads of messages on Xbox live re: my user name. This is the first one I've ever had on PS3.

I suspect he was aiming for 'ras clart' and just got bored typing or something.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Speaking of bounties, can you collect on your own bounty that you put on someone and have it count towards the "collect 25 bounties" tattoo? If so, there are going to be a lot of pubbies getting bounties for being in my general vicinity

Edit: Also how the gently caress do you give money to someone. I was literally standing right next to my wife's character in the same session and the option in the select menu was grayed out.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Hakarne posted:

Speaking of bounties, can you collect on your own bounty that you put on someone and have it count towards the "collect 25 bounties" tattoo? If so, there are going to be a lot of pubbies getting bounties for being in my general vicinity

Edit: Also how the gently caress do you give money to someone. I was literally standing right next to my wife's character in the same session and the option in the select menu was grayed out.
Yep!

You can't. They removed the ability with the like, first patch. I suspect there was some way to abuse it, even though it was supposedly capped at $5k. If you want to give her money, get a car, max its upgrades, then let her drive it in a missions while you turn in. She'll come out with a copy she can sell for 60-110k.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

coyo7e posted:

Yep!

You can't. They removed the ability with the like, first patch. I suspect there was some way to abuse it, even though it was supposedly capped at $5k. If you want to give her money, get a car, max its upgrades, then let her drive it in a missions while you turn in. She'll come out with a copy she can sell for 60-110k.

Would any Goon want to be so kind as to give me a car such as this for me to sell and get some start up money with? I would be forever in the debt of whoever would help me out- and after looking at previous posts I think The Undertakers would be a loving badass mini-crew of men dressed in suits driving around in hearses. Get that rockstar shout out!

I mean, that is all we really want right? Rockstar to mention our cool blunt/reddit crews, not something stupid like a patch or content.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

coyo7e posted:

Yep!

Awesome, thanks. Is there a way to see how many bounties you've collected? I can't seem to find it on he stats page but maybe I'm blind. Same thing with your bad sport rating, I have no idea where that is. :(

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Rapdawg posted:

Would any Goon want to be so kind as to give me a car such as this for me to sell and get some start up money with? I would be forever in the debt of whoever would help me out- and after looking at previous posts I think The Undertakers would be a loving badass mini-crew of men dressed in suits driving around in hearses. Get that rockstar shout out!

I mean, that is all we really want right? Rockstar to mention our cool blunt/reddit crews, not something stupid like a patch or content.
I accidentally sold my good one doing some sell-glitching, but I've got a couple of 4th level maxxed cars that'd be worth a good 67k or so. I won't be online until tonight though.

You could also do that Martin mission or Lester mission and sell their cars each time you complete it.

Waco Panty Raid
Mar 30, 2002

I don't mind being a little pedantic.
Finally got my Tailgater last night. Eventually did show up at the tennis courts on the beach in Vespucci Beach at night, no Simeon priority text. Was in my Rapid GT, being chased by some pubbie I killed on mistaken identity when afraid he was someone else who had just blown up my dominator. He wasn't really trying to kill me just following me as I drove in circles after getting a new car. Eventually saw a lone sedan parked, checked it out and then drove like hell to get it in my garage.

Wasted a shitload of cash accessorizing it, now just deciding on paint job (currently matte gray, looked kind of cool but clashes with the shiny windows)

Kelly posted:

In a somewhat related note, I am a little appalled by the amount of people on mic telling their kids to leave them alone and go away. Mute the mic if you're going to neglect your kid!
ugh that reminds me of a time when I was playing black ops 2 and some guy was making his kid watch the radar while he (the father) camped, and would berate the kid whenever he die.

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK
Sorry if this has been asked a billion times already, but do choppers take up one of the vehicle slots in your garage. I'm not talking about glitching one into there, but just buying a Buzzard.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Fukin finally, Phoenix crew represent :snoop:

:munch:

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

bisticles posted:

I ran into a pubbie full speed, he was in an Entity, me in a BF Injection. What happened next was a glorious, 40' pirouetting backflip onto another level of the freeway cloverleaf, landing on my wheels and driving off.

I kinda wanna do this all the time now.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

spregalia posted:

Sorry if this has been asked a billion times already, but do choppers take up one of the vehicle slots in your garage. I'm not talking about glitching one into there, but just buying a Buzzard.

They do not. You call Pegasus, pay 1k and they are delivered to the nearest a random helipad.

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled

Waco Panty Raid posted:

Wasted a shitload of cash accessorizing it, now just deciding on paint job (currently matte gray, looked kind of cool but clashes with the shiny windows)
ugh that reminds me of a time when I was playing black ops 2 and some guy was making his kid watch the radar while he (the father) camped, and would berate the kid whenever he die.

Whenever I encounter a domestic dispute on XBL I like to fan the flames because I am a bad person.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

DELETED posted:

Whenever I encounter a domestic dispute on XBL I like to fan the flames because I am a bad person.
I'll admit that one time I recommended that this guy go shake his baby until it quit crying. He was a dick yelling at his wife/girlfriend about shutting the kid up, though.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

beanieson posted:

Fukin finally, Phoenix crew represent :snoop:

:munch:

I sold mine yesterday because I wasn't good at driving it. If I'd have know they were hard to find I probably would have held on to it.

E: I replaced it with a Ruiner, which is probably (easily) one of the most common cars in the game. As an added bonus, I can't keep the rear end in line any better than I could with the Phoenix :smith:

titties fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Nov 6, 2013

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Is the Sanchez customizable?

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

beanieson posted:

Yes, not to the degree as some of the other bikes visually but all the important stuff is there.

falconry
Oct 9, 2012
Speaking of personal helis, it's a drat shame you can't access the heli pad on the 253k apt. There's a door on the rooftop for chrissakes.

Your chopper wouldn't need to chill there all the time, just have it spawn when you select an "Enter Rooftop" prompt in the same menu you use to exit the building or enter garage. That way you wouldn't have multiples piling up if more than one person owns that apartment.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
^^^ Yeah that really bothers me as well, nearly every apartment has a Helipad on the roof or within a 30 second jog. And I'd LOVE to sneak onto a roof and plant stickies, and then go to a nearby rooftop and wait for the guy in his apartment to come out and try to fly away..!

beanieson posted:

Mostly just straight upgrades, but a level 4 sanchez with 60-100% armor is pretty rad.

You'll never outrun someone on a better bike though, regardless of terrain.. I tried to stay alive on my Sanchez once by driving around the hills and desert with a 9k bounty on my head, and eventually some kid in a fully upgraded Bati came after me and no matter what I tried I couldn't outrun him or outmaneuver him enough to make a difference for more than a few minutes. In the rain! :(

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

titties posted:

I replaced it with a Ruiner, which is probably (easily) one of the most common cars in the game. As an added bonus, I can't keep the rear end in line any better than I could with the Phoenix :smith:

Why would you want to? Drift everywhere, all the time. :rice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2IWxqvsSY8

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Nov 6, 2013

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

A c E posted:

They do not. You call Pegasus, pay 1k and they are delivered to the nearest a random helipad the hospital.

There you go.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Does the health stat have an actual effect? Sometimes when I'm racing I'll have a status thing pop up saying I'm now 60/100 health but it doesn't seem to do anything, also it repeatedly pops up not only the 60 notification but also the 20 and 40 when it does this, as if they had all just been earned.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.

iRend posted:

All those white dots are after me!!! Except maybe the guy at LSC. There was definitely 6 running around the building to no effect for quite a while, though. Eventually, one was smart enough to back off and pretend like he wasn't watching and sniped me while I was killing another glitcher.

I really do love shooting people with almost no repercussions. And golf. Golf is fun too.

How are people finding people lsc glitching. I never see it.

Install Windows posted:

Does the health stat have an actual effect? Sometimes when I'm racing I'll have a status thing pop up saying I'm now 60/100 health but it doesn't seem to do anything, also it repeatedly pops up not only the 60 notification but also the 20 and 40 when it does this, as if they had all just been earned.

It seems to help but not by tons on survival and freeroam. I think you also get full health when it clicks. When I hit 40/100 I started surviving shots with sliver of health that would normally kill.

Intrepid00 fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Are the apartments at Weazel Towers luxury apartments, with heist rooms? They have 10 car garages, but it doesn't say about the heist room.

• Locked thread