Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Snackpack Backpack posted:

I got $500001 too. Has anyone that got straight $500k done the car glitch?

Did the car glitch, just got the $500k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawnGnomeAttack
Jul 1, 2005

There is a cheer! The gnomes have found a new way to say hoooOOH SHIT

Snackpack Backpack posted:

I got $500001 too. Has anyone that got straight $500k done the car glitch?

I have never done the car glitch, and I got the extra $1. I wonder what it means...

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
everyone with the extra dollar gets to tour Willy Wonka's factory :haw:

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

LawnGnomeAttack posted:

I have never done the car glitch, and I got the extra $1. I wonder what it means...

It's for the ferryman.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Mugger trick works with dicks in tanks. Did it twice today.

I don't know what's up with my crew but there's barely anyone online.

I saw a truck today, killed the guy in it and drove away. Couldn't get it into the LSC or my garage. It said utility vehicle I think. Is that just a version of the tow truck or what? There was no hook in the back.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

ravenkult posted:

I saw a truck today, killed the guy in it and drove away. Couldn't get it into the LSC or my garage. It said utility vehicle I think. Is that just a version of the tow truck or what? There was no hook in the back.

I had a grand ol' time with you today. Too bad I fell off the roof at LCS just as you put the bounty on me to lure them in.

ravenkult and I (cashcamden) must have killed this one guy 20 times between the two of us. Listening to him scream in another language over the mic was like an elixir.

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum

LawnGnomeAttack posted:

It means that (surprise) Rockstar's code is inconsistent and poorly tested!

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

ravenkult posted:

raven I saw you spectate my race man.

I'd like to get some racing in tonight. I never realized how fast you level up doing it.
I do want to race some other tracks than jail/drain for fun though. I realize this game is getting really grindy and I don't want to burn out waiting for the other stuff coming down the pipeline. The most fun I have had was doing random missions with some goons, plane races with the leer jets, tank battles in the swamp.

See ya'll on tonight.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Kelly posted:

I had a grand ol' time with you today. Too bad I fell off the roof at LCS just as you put the bounty on me to lure them in.

ravenkult and I (cashcamden) must have killed this one guy 20 times between the two of us. Listening to him scream in another language over the mic was like an elixir.

Why did you leave meeeeee.

nfthree
Mar 5, 2007

I know I'm late for this, but is there anyone who still needs to trade races? Please hit me up!

PSN: nfthree

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

ravenkult posted:

Why did you leave meeeeee.

I'm sorry...it was a bit of a war zone when I bailed. My son woke up from his nap and was howling.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

nfthree posted:

I know I'm late for this, but is there anyone who still needs to trade races? Please hit me up!

PSN: nfthree

yeah add me. PSN: ravenkult

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I'm sure everybody figured this out already, but while waiting for a mission to start you can press and hold your taunt button and the animation loops:
http://vimeo.com/78778708

I hope rockstar adds more taunts, specifically some sort of pelvic thrust.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: Online would have benefited so much from some quality voice acting for the Player Characters. Even just some grunting when you exert some effort or get shot or something. Yeah, I know they implemented voice chat and lip syncing, but I want to feel that my character is actually affecting the world at large. I may be out of the norm, but I even enjoy those little cutscenes you get with your contacts, even though you don't say anything at all and they are by-and-large the same.

nfthree
Mar 5, 2007

ravenkult posted:

yeah add me. PSN: ravenkult

Friend request sent. Thanks!

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
Tempted to try this out to customize the riot van:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqUzAWyeGhw

Seems like a lot of work to get it online though.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

hiddenriverninja posted:

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: Online would have benefited so much from some quality voice acting for the Player Characters. Even just some grunting when you exert some effort or get shot or something. Yeah, I know they implemented voice chat and lip syncing, but I want to feel that my character is actually affecting the world at large. I may be out of the norm, but I even enjoy those little cutscenes you get with your contacts, even though you don't say anything at all and they are by-and-large the same.

yeah just some grunts when falling or getting shot or a sigh or two when meeting characters like Lester and Trevor would go a long way. Also, give me a Rambo scream when firing an extended clip LMG for more than 5 seconds straight.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Received $500,001. The only "glitching" I have done was keep selling the lawyer car from Out of Court Settlement.

GrandMaster
Aug 15, 2004
laidback

Nuts and Gum posted:

I'm sure everybody figured this out already, but while waiting for a mission to start you can press and hold your taunt button and the animation loops:

You can also drink 10 beers and do your races/missions while shitfaced

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

GrandMaster posted:

You can also drink 10 beers and do your races/missions while shitfaced

Oh my god I must try this. Is there a DUI achievement of any kind? :cheers:

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Platystemon posted:

Y’all are being paranoid about the extra dollar.

What you should really be afraid of is that 1.05 might have added code to recognise people doing the glitch and secretly flag their account.

I got the extra dollar I think everyone has or if not I would wager that every XBOX player got $500,001 because a straight half a million would hurt the code or something weird because of the way this game was put together.

I bought myself a nice apartment in Weazel Plaza, an un-modified Banshee, a sick jetski because loving jet-ski, saved some cash to maybe modify and glitch a car if I give in, and a $10,000 bicycle because I've never seen a loving bicycle in game and only learned to ride one when I was 16 so gently caress anyone who would judge me I learned.

Having money felt good, and I learned today that Criminal Records is a good way to get some sick RP and some nice cash one the side. When not working on China or on a secret project, Golf Theft Auto: Slice City, I'll be sure to announce when I'm running it and when I'm doing high stakes darts.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Did the fix the glitching a chopper into a garage?

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
I want to check the GTA forums to see what sort of speculation :tinfoil: they have about the extra stimulus dollar. But I don't want to catch pubby-itis.

GrandMaster
Aug 15, 2004
laidback

Nuts and Gum posted:

Oh my god I must try this. Is there a DUI achievement of any kind? :cheers:

No achievement AFAIK, but your character gets all droopy and sways while you are waiting for the mission to start and the blue cursive writing under your name says "Drunk"

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Rapdawg posted:

I bought myself a nice apartment in Weazel Plaza, an un-modified Banshee, a sick jetski because loving jet-ski, saved some cash to maybe modify and glitch a car if I give in, and a $10,000 bicycle because I've never seen a loving bicycle in game and only learned to ride one when I was 16 so gently caress anyone who would judge me I learned.

This reminded me of last night, some guy rolled up on a bicycle and shot me in my Entity. The insulting part was he didn't even steal my car, just casually peddled away.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
Got my 500k+$1, haven't done any glitching or anything. Worst I did was grind Ducts and Rooftop for a couple of hours.

For some reason my muscle car completely vanished from my garage though.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Anyone know during what mission or where I can get myself a "Caddy" the Golf Cart? I must have a golden golf cart in my garage- it is the only personal vehicle that really matters.

nfthree
Mar 5, 2007

Rapdawg posted:

Anyone know during what mission or where I can get myself a "Caddy" the Golf Cart? I must have a golden golf cart in my garage- it is the only personal vehicle that really matters.

I'm pretty sure I've seen them around Trevor's house in Sandy Shores.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I got the stimulus money and it was $500,003 :shrug:

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?
My game crashed while trying to commend a goon. He was doing his goonly duty of pouring gas over all the nice cars in the LSC parking lot.

We had a good thing going for a while, sitting on opposit roofs killing anyone who came near. I wish I could had stayed on.

Edit: Also, I have not gotten my stimulus money yet. :(

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I have my spawn options set to last location, but whenever I try to get the spawn glitch rolling by leaving online while in my garage, and then rejoining, it puts me above ground. It's suppose to dump me in the garage. How do I do that?

Also, I got my $500001 from Rockstar.

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Nov 7, 2013

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Install Windows posted:

I got the stimulus money and it was $500,003 :shrug:

Not to add to the speculation, but perhaps it's being rolled out in groups, and the extra dollar(s) indicates that.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Rapdawg posted:

I found one right after finishing a Sandy Shores survival and returning to free roam. It was parked by a house near the shoreline.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.
Wow, a tank will get you into bad sport hell quickly. Good thing the kill Xbox cheat still works. Still a clean player now. Guess I'll so some survival.

Also I got 500,001 in my bank account but never car glitched money or garage. So unless they know I have been jerry canning with exhaust farts ( :tinfoil: ) I have no idea what it means.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.

Harmburger posted:

Not to add to the speculation, but perhaps it's being rolled out in groups, and the extra dollar(s) indicates that.

Makes sense.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
As soon as this UFC womens fight is over I'm getting on.

PSN - NavyNerdMatt

Id like to do a solid hour or so of just racing criminal records. I need the RP BAAAAAD. Now that I see all the fun stuff available at higher levels and I have my bank account, lets do this.

Ravenkult, Wiggles, and any other of you Canadian sounding goons join up.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?
Forgot to ask. Is there a solid colour dirt bike? All I see is the Sanchez with the annoying sprite logos and such.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

A c E posted:

Forgot to ask. Is there a solid colour dirt bike? All I see is the Sanchez with the annoying sprite logos and such.

I think i had one but I can't remember if it was in single player or not :( The livery's all suck.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I am like 99% sure you can just buy a normal Sanchez off the web and not have to deal with the logo poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

I've never had my 360 lock up on me as often as it has with this game, and every time it does, I come back to a message that if I keep quitting in the middle of missions, I'll be labeled a bad sport. It happens about once a day, usually immediately after a competition, joining into free roam mode.

I get that people ragequit and it sucks, but are they really going to rage-power-off their system and then wait through five minutes of loading screens to reconnect immediately afterwards?

• Locked thread