Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

The Sweetling posted:

What was the name of that giant mod compilation linked a while back? I don't have the time to micro-mod this game anymore.

Maybe Project Nevada? FNV never really had that many big overhauls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traveller In Time
Apr 4, 2009

You got anything to eat? I haven't eaten anything since later this afternoon.
Is it not possible to remove Follows-Chalks' .45? I have tried reinstalling, using the weapon swap token and giving him other weapons but no matter what he is using his infinite ammo .45. I know the weapon part of FT is working since I seen it on Boone, and it even seems like the half-damage aspect of FT is working with Chalk.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Traveller In Time posted:

Is it not possible to remove Follows-Chalks' .45?
All it requires it removing the Can't Drop & Non-Playable flags from the weapon. Pretty simple edit with FNVEdit.

I don't know what mod you're referring to with "weapon swap token" and "FT", but if that works for vanilla companions, it could be that it's simply not updated to work with DLC companions.
Also the AI uses the weapon with the highest DPS that they have ammo for. Follow Chalk's .45 pistol has a DPS of 80, while Boone's hunting rifle has a DPS of 41. If you for example give both of them a cowboy repeater (DPS: 54) and some ammo for it, Boone will start using it while Follow Chalk will judge it to be inferior to his pistol.

Traveller In Time
Apr 4, 2009

You got anything to eat? I haven't eaten anything since later this afternoon.
Whoops, I completely neglected to mention that I was using Cirosan's Classic Overhaul, with it's Follower Tweak module. I went and removed those flags like you said, however, and also changed it's ammo type to not use MCA, and that did the trick. Thanks for the help :)

The Sweetling
May 13, 2005

BOOMSHAKALAKA
Fun Shoe

Renditious posted:

Are you talking about NVEC? New Vegas Enhanced Content is the main massive mod pack I know about.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/44204/

I've got mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, it does bundle together a bunch of good mods, but on the other, it adds a ton of mods that I'm not sure about the necessity for or stability of. People seem to like it though, so go for it if you don't feel like modding the traditional way.

Be warned, it is a rather large download, at over a gig in size.

That's the one, thanks!

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

I didn't see it in the OP, but I really wanna recommend The Inheritance- it's by the dude who did the New Vegas Bounties mod and is absolutely high quality in just about every manner.

Well, it's still got some of the pitfalls of the New Vegas Bounties quests but regardless it's great stuff.

At the very least it's better than Beyond Boulderdome, haha.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Following up on whether it's possible to run NMM from within Mod Organizer: MO runs in 32-bit mode since the game itself does that. NMM installs its 64-bit version if it detects 64-bit support and that prevents MO from injecting itself into NMM. So no NMM from MO until the NMM installer lets you pick the 32-bit version at install.

Workaround: The (old) FoMM for New Vegas is still a 32-bit application and runs fine when launched from MO. Use it for mods like uHud, weapon animation replacers that need FOMOD scripts to work.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Are there any good random encounter mods or anything that adds extra stuff? My mod loadout is

falloutnv.esm
caravanpack.esm
classicpack.esm
mercenarypack.esm
tribalpack.esm
deadmoney.esm
honesthearts.esm
oldworldblues.esm
lonesomeroad.esm
gunrunnersarsenal.esm
NVinteriors_core.esm
DFB -Random Enounters.esm
NevadaSkies.esm
NVWillow.esp
CASM.esm
PerkEveryLevel.esp
Rustyhwys.esp
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
EVE FNV - NO GRA.esp
EVE FNV - NO DLC.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
Crossbow.esp

and I haven't really noticed much of a difference from when I played New Vegas on the console a year or 2 ago. As for the DFB Random Encounters the only thing that seems like it might've been a random encounter was when I got jumped by 2 veteran fiends at level 5 outside of Novac.

Sidenote: Is there a good mod to make you move faster?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

pentyne posted:

Are there any good random encounter mods or anything that adds extra stuff? My mod loadout is

falloutnv.esm
caravanpack.esm
classicpack.esm
mercenarypack.esm
tribalpack.esm
deadmoney.esm
honesthearts.esm
oldworldblues.esm
lonesomeroad.esm
gunrunnersarsenal.esm
NVinteriors_core.esm
DFB -Random Enounters.esm
NevadaSkies.esm
NVWillow.esp
CASM.esm
PerkEveryLevel.esp
Rustyhwys.esp
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
EVE FNV - NO GRA.esp
EVE FNV - NO DLC.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
Crossbow.esp

and I haven't really noticed much of a difference from when I played New Vegas on the console a year or 2 ago. As for the DFB Random Encounters the only thing that seems like it might've been a random encounter was when I got jumped by 2 veteran fiends at level 5 outside of Novac.

Sidenote: Is there a good mod to make you move faster?

Increased Wasteland Spawns?

Also, Project Nevada lets you alter movement speed. I think its part of the rebalance module.

Edit: it would also negate the need for PerkEveryLevel, as it includes that option too.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Nov 4, 2013

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

pentyne posted:

EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
EVE FNV - NO GRA.esp
EVE FNV - NO DLC.esp
You need to fix this. Looks like you have the ultimate edition, so you only need the ALL DLC esp.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I finished NV Bounties 1 without having installed 2, then installed 2 (including someguyseries.esb) and looked for how to start it, but the page on nexus said that you're supposed to get a message that pops up prompting you to meet the quest-giver upon completing 1, or that you can start it by activating a poster outside the Goodsprings general store that I can't seem to find. Did I manage to screw myself out of being able to start 2 on this save?

Paracelsus fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Nov 5, 2013

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I was about to post to find out if oHUD, MCM, and MTUI were all compatible or not. Turns out they are. Which means my loadorder's gonna be something like

FalloutNV
MCM
NMC Texture Pack
Nevada Skies
Project Nevada
NV Bounties
MTUI
oHUD

It's a nice, svelte load-order that still includes everything I want/need from the game.

Yeah, I'm too poor to buy the DLCs, shut up. :v:

Paracelsus posted:

I finished NV Bounties 1 without having installed 2, then installed 2 (including someguyseries.esb) and looked for how to start it, but the page on nexus said that you're supposed to get a message that pops up prompting you to meet the quest-giver upon completing 1, or that you can start it by activating a poster outside the Goodsprings general store that I can't seem to find. Did I manage to screw myself out of being able to start 2 on this save?
NVB2 has a Master File now, to make it play nice with other mods. It's also necessary.

Edit Ugh. Except now I'm having trouble getting PN to get along with MTUI. Being mod is suffering.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Nov 6, 2013

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007
Grab uHud to get all of your hud mods (including Project New Vegas) playing together nicely.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kiggles posted:

Grab uHud to get all of your hud mods (including Project New Vegas) playing together nicely.
:swoon: You're a lifesaver.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

The Leper Colon V posted:

NVB2 has a Master File now, to make it play nice with other mods. It's also necessary.
I already had that activated, though.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Paracelsus posted:

I already had that activated, though.
Then I'm stumped. :shrug: Modding Bethesda & Obsidian games is equal parts science, magic, and loving crapshooting.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I thought I'd grab the geck to have a play around with some stuff, but the darn thing is crashing as soon as it starts up. The prevailing piece of advice I can get from google is to move the new vegas directory out of program files, but that didn't help any. Anyone have any advice?

Davoren fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Nov 6, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Davoren posted:

I thought I'd grab the geck to have a play around with some stuff, but the darn thing is crashing as soon as it starts up. The prevailing piece of advice I can get from google is to move the new vegas directory out of program files, but that didn't help any. Anyone have any advice?
If you're using ENB, try removing it temporarily.

Speaking about the GECK: I wanted to reorder Dog's dialogue a bit so I could get all of his backstory without low-int. I'm now convinced Obsidian created New Vegas' dialogue by hooking up a webcam to the GECK and having the infernal program watch Ropekid and Avellone preform interpretive dance routines. It's certainly more plausible then the idea that they used the GECK's dialogue editor without going absolutely bonkers.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
I love Project Nevada. I love the Vault-Tec power armor too. :allears:

Kuno
Nov 4, 2008
Awhile ago someone (sorry I can't remember who) was talking about updating and expanding Lombard Station.

What happened to that, any progress?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Anyone have a fix for the lovely sky meshes in Nevada Skies?

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Gyshall posted:

Anyone have a fix for the lovely sky meshes in Nevada Skies?

I'm sure there is a specific fix, but in the mean time, you can either disable the Western Sky weather types. Personally, I abandoned Nevada Skies for URWLNV Ultimate, but as far as I am aware, it is incompatible with Interior Lighting Overhaul. If you're using that, then wait for someone else to help you with a more specific fix for Nevada Skies.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Kuno posted:

Awhile ago someone (sorry I can't remember who) was talking about updating and expanding Lombard Station.

What happened to that, any progress?

That was me. Technical difficulties, medical difficulties, and spending the entirety of the last six weeks nearly bed-locked sick is what happened to it. I thought I'd be able to get back to it soon, but right now I'm not so sure. So unfortunately, it's on indefinite hold while I try to get my life sorted out and back to livable.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Raygereio posted:

If you're using ENB, try removing it temporarily.

That did the trick, thanks!

Now I've moved back to playing, and I'm having another problem. How do you change the fov and get it to stick? I've tried the configator, I've tried editing the fov in the ini files and adding the worldfov line, I've tried using the console in game and the save ini command, but every time I relaunch it's back to 75. There has to be something I'm missing right?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

That was me. Technical difficulties, medical difficulties, and spending the entirety of the last six weeks nearly bed-locked sick is what happened to it. I thought I'd be able to get back to it soon, but right now I'm not so sure. So unfortunately, it's on indefinite hold while I try to get my life sorted out and back to livable.

Lombard is cursed :spooky:

Hope everything gets sorted out for you soon.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

I am using FoMM for the first time, specifically to use the jsawyer mod. After I set everything up in FoMM nothing happened after I clicked launch, but when I went to load New Vegas in STEAM I clicked Data Files on the box screen menu thingy that pops up and jsawyer was listed along with all of the DLC files. So jsawyer should be working even when I launch directly from STEAM, correct?

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

I am using FoMM for the first time, specifically to use the jsawyer mod. After I set everything up in FoMM nothing happened after I clicked launch, but when I went to load New Vegas in STEAM I clicked Data Files on the box screen menu thingy that pops up and jsawyer was listed along with all of the DLC files. So jsawyer should be working even when I launch directly from STEAM, correct?

Correct. If you are only using one mod, particularly one like jsawyer, which is nothing more than a single .esp file, then don't worry about mod managers. Just drop the esp in your NV data directory, activated it in the data files section of the launcher, and go. In short, you should be all set.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Paracelsus posted:

So, I think I figured this out.

There's a poster in front of the Goodsprings General Store that needs to be activated to trigger NVB2 starting, if you've already completed 1 and missed the "regular" trigger. I think.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

The Leper Colon V posted:

So, I think I figured this out.

There's a poster in front of the Goodsprings General Store that needs to be activated to trigger NVB2 starting, if you've already completed 1 and missed the "regular" trigger. I think.
Yeah, but I've looked and looked in front of the store and I can't see it. I'm pretty sure I've come across assets elsewhere in the map that are from NVBII, but I can't find that poster.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Kiggles posted:

Correct. If you are only using one mod, particularly one like jsawyer, which is nothing more than a single .esp file, then don't worry about mod managers. Just drop the esp in your NV data directory, activated it in the data files section of the launcher, and go. In short, you should be all set.

I am trying to play with the Mojave Wasteland Ultimate Edition bugfix mod as well now. NV launches now from FoMM but then it crashes. It loads just fine without jsawyer and Mojave Wasteland UE and will not load with jsawyer or MWUE alone or with both installed. I also altered the .ini for MWUE like it said in the readme (it also merged a Sound folder when I unzipped MWUE into the data file if that matters). My buddy used these same two mods and only these two mods with NV and it ran just fine for him so I assume they are stable together.

So should I reset my NV back to the regular STEAM install and try installing them again? or is there another solution?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
@SpicyMeatSandwich:
If the game is crashing at startup with mods, the most likely problem is a missing master.
Read the readme files for the mods you're using and check for requirement and/or installation instructions. I don't know what the Mojave Wasteland Ultimate Edition thingey is, but JSawyer requires that you have all 6 DLCs installed and it needs to be loaded after all the DLC.

If you can't figure out the problem, post your loadorder so that we can take a look at it.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Nov 9, 2013

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Raygereio posted:

@SpicyMeatSandwich:
If the game is crashing at startup with mods, the most likely problem is a missing master. I don't know what the Mojave Wasteland Ultimate Edition thingey is, but JSawyer requires that you have all 6 DLC.

I've got all the DLC loaded up and ready to go. The Mojave Wasteland thing is just a giant mod that fixes tons of small bugs in vanilla as far as I know. I am going to try and revalidate the game through STEAM and then reinstall the mods and see if that helps. Would the Tribal pack and the Classic Pack be conflicting? Those aren't mentioned as being required in the jsawyer readme.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

I've got all the DLC loaded up and ready to go. The Mojave Wasteland thing is just a giant mod that fixes tons of small bugs in vanilla as far as I know. I am going to try and revalidate the game through STEAM and then reinstall the mods and see if that helps. Would the Tribal pack and the Classic Pack be conflicting? Those aren't mentioned as being required in the jsawyer readme.

Those are both part of the Courier's Stash DLC.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

Those are both part of the Courier's Stash DLC.

I tried reinstalling everything but still no luck. Anyone have any idea how I can get this stuff working?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

I am trying to play with the Mojave Wasteland Ultimate Edition bugfix mod as well now. NV launches now from FoMM but then it crashes. It loads just fine without jsawyer and Mojave Wasteland UE and will not load with jsawyer or MWUE alone or with both installed. I also altered the .ini for MWUE like it said in the readme (it also merged a Sound folder when I unzipped MWUE into the data file if that matters). My buddy used these same two mods and only these two mods with NV and it ran just fine for him so I assume they are stable together.

So should I reset my NV back to the regular STEAM install and try installing them again? or is there another solution?

Like raygereio said, the crash you're describing is almost absolutely positively due to a mod missing the necessary master (.esm) files. In this case, since both JSawyer (which requires every single official DLC) and MW Ultimate Edition (which I assume requires every official DLC, as well) both trigger CTDs when loaded, and the game starts up fine without them, we can pretty safely assume that you don't seem to be loading all of the necessary DLC. Can you copy/paste your load order?

EDIT:

In fact, since you said this:

Would the Tribal pack and the Classic Pack be conflicting?

I have this weird feeling that you are missing two of the .esm files that comprise Courier's Stash (the Mercenary and Caravan packs), which would cause a CTD when trying to load JSawyer.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Nov 9, 2013

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Edit: I was missing Gun Runners Arsenal somehow...now the individual purchases added up to more than the sale price for Ultimate New Vegas which STEAM would not let me buy presumably because I already had New Vegas and some DLC.

Topographic Nap fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Nov 9, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
@SpicyMeatSandwich:
You're missing the Gun Runners' Arsenal DLC. Both Mission Mojave and JSawyer require it.

Make a habit of reading the readme files and description pages of mods. Trust me: you will save yourself a lot of frustration.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Nov 9, 2013

Kuno
Nov 4, 2008

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

Sorry to hear that dude.

Pretty unacceptable that you aren't putting my desire to have a marginally updated version of a silly modification of an old video-game above your health and well being though.

I mean what a dick.

For real though ~Get Well Soon~

Death by Cranes
May 3, 2006

These Blockbuster bombs don't go off unless you hit them ju-u-u-u-st right.
E: I'm a noob.

Thanks for CASM Agents are Go. The rest I solved through ordinary GOOGLELING!

EE: Now I got CASM in, but I can't load any games (and then overwrite them). God, NV is such a screaming man child at times.

EEE: Now it works. Holy god. Thanks again!

Death by Cranes fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Nov 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Death by Cranes posted:

Hi guys - I need your insight into the modding world.

I have out in Project Nevada and some few other mods, and then NV won't load my games. Mostly it goes to "Not responding" when loading quicksaves, but sometimes it will load autosaves. Really weird behaviour.

Also: I just put in Darnified UI, but it looks like it's cancelling out Project Nevada. Why is that?

I hope you can help.

For the first: that's a common problem, try starting a new game, then as soon as you see doc Mitchell's ceiling fan, going to the menu and loading your save.

Also, grab CASM. Seriously, the vanilla quick save WILL corrupt your save file. Get CASM.

Secondly, grab the uHud mod for use with FOMM. It's designed to make things like DarnUI and PN work together.