Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

quote:

* The Storm Legion portal in the middle of Cloudbourne Tarn has been removed.

Wait so how do you get to the new world from the old world now?

Are there teleporters in the hubs (I wouldn't know).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Zoness posted:

Wait so how do you get to the new world from the old world now?

Are there teleporters in the hubs (I wouldn't know).

I just re-upped, and when I started there were two quests that led to the SL content. One teleported me to the ruins in the western end of Cape Jule, and quests led me to Tulan where there was a short "talk to this guy" quest that led me to Tempest Bay. The other led me to the Wreck of the Endeavor (between Freemarch and Silverwood), and after some back-and-forth in Iron Pine Peak I started off in Pelladane with the Queen. The Wreck quest was listed as a World Event quest, presumably what they're removing in this patch. Maybe they'll put in a short quest that will just teleport you to the starting quests on Pelladane, similar to Cape Jule.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
the pts is still up during downtime so we could probably do DH or something if we get enough people

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Zoness posted:

All I ask for is lethal poison and resonance! :3:

If I give you resonance, you're just going to start asking for nefarious procs.

Elmo Oxygen
Jun 11, 2007

Kazuo Misaki Superfan #3

Don't make me lift my knee, young man.

Simon Draskovic posted:

Is there anywhere outside the game where you can view the Rift Store, or a list of what you can buy with credits?

Not only that, but what is worth spending real money on?

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

shut up gelly posted:

never heard of keeper rep, any good rewards from that?

It's an Ember Isles rep that existed during ID raid times and they have the white armored raptor mount.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

shut up gelly posted:

never heard of keeper rep, any good rewards from that?

Keeper is the Lycini of EI. They had great stuff for 50s, but I don't think they even have costume pieces.
E: ^^ oh, yeah. I thought they had the Kelari robes at first, but that's the other guys.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

StumblyWumbly posted:

Keeper is the Lycini of EI. They had great stuff for 50s, but I don't think they even have costume pieces.

Way to forget about the keeper costume pieces!

(Or that might have been Kelari/Guardian Equivalent rep I can't remember because Kelari are the best)

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Zoness posted:

Way to forget about the keeper costume pieces!

(Or that might have been Kelari/Guardian Equivalent rep I can't remember because Kelari are the best)

Kelari are the worst, but they have good taste in clothes.

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

CM Morgana, Rift posted:

1:30 PM PST

The build for the upcoming hotfix is still in progress, and our target patch time is still after 3PM PST.

However, I can now share some further details about what happened earlier this morning.

After the patch went live, we identified an issue that caused character corruption, making those characters unplayable. As this issue was widespread, we were forced to rollback characters to just before the shards came up today.

All credits spent during this time have been refunded, and can now be spent again. Unfortunately, any progress made on your characters during this time will be lost and CS will be unable to restore this progress.

Thank you for your understanding, and I will be back in ** 1.5 hours ** at 3PM PST to provide you with another update regarding the status of this build. As soon as I have an exact time nailed down, I will be sure to let you guys know.

~ Morgana

They say 6pm (EST), but I'd wager to not be on much before raid time if we're lucky.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Murvin posted:

They say 6pm (EST), but I'd wager to not be on much before raid time if we're lucky.

That's going to suck for all 3 of our warriors to have such a short amount of time to figure out the changes.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Oraculum Animi posted:

That's going to suck for all 3 of our warriors to have such a short amount of time to figure out the changes.

Vandee is usually pretty up-to-date before a patch even hits.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
Changes are minimal enough that I'll be okay too. Just a few extra things to keep an eye out for, which I'll have to maybe make another buff timer for watching.

Besides that, I don't intend to play tempest tonight, gently caress tempest. Riftblade or don't play.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
Welp. Looks like the servers won't be back up for another 1.5 hours...

quote:

4:50 PM PST
Hi all, back with another update. QA is done with their work, including actually copying down some characters from live servers that were affected by the bad data, and we made sure that their characters were in working order.

With that verification complete, we're actually going to push the build out right now. This means that we've got the normal downtime duration ahead of us, but I'm going to request you hang with us for these last ** 1.5 hours ** to give us some buffer.

Hang tight, guys, we're getting there, an end is in sight! Thank you all so much for your patience as we navigate this. I'll be back periodically throughout the update with as much info as possible.

edit: the hotfix is up for download, at least.

necrotic fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Nov 7, 2013

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

What a great start to their next big content patch. Can farm night be salvaged still?

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Murvin posted:

What a great start to their next big content patch. Can farm night be salvaged still?

Depends on if they have any more issues... If they can get it up by 9:30 and people are paying attention to the status/this thread it may be possible.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

necrotic posted:

people are paying attention

So it's not happening then?

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

KaneTW posted:

So it's not happening then?

Well, the server is up now. Now it's a question of Trion's abilities to fix problems (meaning probably no).

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

:siren:Server is up and working, lets roll.:siren:

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Kreczor posted:

Changes are minimal enough that I'll be okay too. Just a few extra things to keep an eye out for, which I'll have to maybe make another buff timer for watching.

Besides that, I don't intend to play tempest tonight, gently caress tempest. Riftblade or don't play.

if you manage your arc/sb procs properly tempagon is the highest parsing build in the game right now. that poo poo is cray cray

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Outstanding, I am getting that problem again where it just stops updating.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
Great. Hedo said Hi, and the whole thing just died. Good job.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Bonapartisan posted:

Yeah, this is the worst patch in a while.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Bonapartisan posted:

That's par for the course really.

love you hedo~

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Zoness posted:

That's par for the course really.

love you hedo~

It didn't go into the wall or ceiling though. :colbert:

Slack Motherfucker
Aug 16, 2005

Pillbug

quote:

6:55 PM PST
The troubles that Wolfsbane and Faeblight were experiencing have expanded to nearly all shards. We're aware that they're in a cycle of going down/starting up, and our engineers are looking into why this is happening so we can resolve it. At this time, we don't have an identifiable ETA, but I will be back in ** 1.5 hours ** with another status update.

I occasionally have to deal with poo poo like this at work, and I would really hate to be an engineer at Trion right now :smithicide:

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
I caught up guild invites from the last 3 pages. Then the server went down.

If you didn't get an invite just post again, I have no way to know if it went through/saved or if they're rolling back or what. :iiam:

Antaris
Feb 18, 2011

shut up gelly posted:

if you manage your arc/sb procs properly tempagon is the highest parsing build in the game right now. that poo poo is cray cray

Wait wait. A tempest build is a highest parsing build? Holy poo poo, I'm coming back to play this awful game. I mean I was going to anyway, but that's a hell of a reason.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
We didn't have enough people for raid when the server came back up (and it's still up!), so we're going to try tomorrow night at the same time.

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider

mr. nobody posted:

Can someone explain this sentence to us laymen?

CPU affinity is what controls on which core of a multicore CPU a process runs. Presumably prior to this update the affinity was set to 0 by default and thus jumped on the first core on the CPU. This game probably isn't actually multithreaded and runs as a single thread on that core. Other things that run on the first core by default would be Windows. Presumably now the default is to use whichever core has the least work being done on it, or you can assign a core of your choosing by setting the proper entry in the cfg or whatever the hell this game uses.

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
My internet died post zergrush GA (THANKS VANDEE DPS) in the middle of a dota game and the only thing I was concerned about was being here for raids Thursday.

Somehow, this shift in priorities is all Murven's fault.

#freemurven

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Slack Motherfucker posted:

I occasionally have to deal with poo poo like this at work, and I would really hate to be an engineer at Trion right now :smithicide:

Same here, anytime we put in a new big patch it's going to be a long day. I can't imagine how bad it is when your customers complain non-stop (official forums :suicide:) and constantly trying to log in.

Oh well try again this afternoon.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
From the rift forums it looks like the game is up and stable, but dimensions and the new wish lists are disabled?
Stability last night was really bad, but at least I got to learn a lot about pokemans.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Datasmurf posted:

I may have invested too much RL money in this game to just up and switch accounts, apart from that, it's a good idea.

Hey Data, I just rerolled EU, leveling a cleric now, but give me your IGN and I'll add you as soon as I can transfer.

edit: same goes for any EU goon

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

StumblyWumbly posted:

From the rift forums it looks like the game is up and stable, but dimensions and the new wish lists are disabled?
Stability last night was really bad, but at least I got to learn a lot about pokemans.

So really, it was win-win all around I'd say. I enjoyed the quality time we had to poke-bond

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
Of course, I'm all elated about my internet not being broken for a week again and now my monitor's flipping out and strobing. I may not make it tonight; I'm going to try and rig up a solution with my other (dying) monitor or my laptop for the time being, but I'll probably be (at the least) late.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
from a post on massively:

quote:

A little less than a week after RIFT launched on Steam, Trion Worlds is reporting that the game has seen an influx of 200,000 new players in RIFT

i guess that explains the server instability

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

necrotic posted:

We didn't have enough people for raid when the server came back up (and it's still up!), so we're going to try tomorrow night at the same time.

Just reminding people of this, lets try to make-up farm night.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Murvin posted:

Please. I need so many tokens :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Murvin posted:

We're farming for make-up? Aren't clothes and houses enough?

• Locked thread