Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Isn't he still mad WWE told him to stop using that lovely DVD variant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Umbra Dubium posted:

Did Heyman teach him how to write big checks?

Big Promises, No Checks!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

coconono posted:

Isn't he still mad WWE told him to stop using that lovely DVD variant?

please do not besmirch the good name of the burning hammer it is a legendary move

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oatgan posted:

please do not besmirch the good name of the burning hammer it is a legendary move

He was still doing it wrong.

WRONG:
http://youtu.be/T2yAg2sAsrc
RIGHT:
http://youtu.be/9AfaATYmbpQ

coconono fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 5, 2013

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax
Yeah, I don't think I would've cared to see Roid Idiot Tyler Reks attempting a proper Burning Hammer on living, non-paralyzed people.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Real wrestlers do it better.

quote:

Dave Meltzer ‏@davemeltzerWON 18h

When they talk about Undertaker's streak, makes me think @caelsanderson and El Hijo del Santo need better press agents.

quote:

Cael Sanderson ‏@caelsanderson 17h

@davemeltzerWON my mom is doing the best she can...

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I like the idea of the argentine backbreaker into a DDT, just don't call it a Burning Hammer.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

WeaponX posted:

Bad Influence are hardly infallible but if that's what makes you turn TNA off, you haven't been paying attention.

If you'd like me to be specific: It was the start of the slippery slope towards 'goofy monster with a heart of gold' thing that made me change the channel.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

lol

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

And the first comment in the WRONG video is hilariously dumb

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

@ColtCabana posted:

When US wrestling promotions don't recognize the best US talent, this is what happens...

WHY4TT posted:

@ColtCabana who are they?

lol

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The young bucks twitters has been awesome to follow during this tour as they've been getting props from all over the place, and generally being cool with lots of different workers who all wanted them to succeed. Whether it be things like seeing them planning dinners with dragon gate workers or even taking just a few moments to give Pretty Peter Avalon a shout out for his TNA stuff, they just come across as two likable kids.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Skinty McEdger posted:

The young bucks twitters has been awesome to follow during this tour as they've been getting props from all over the place, and generally being cool with lots of different workers who all wanted them to succeed. Whether it be things like seeing them planning dinners with dragon gate workers or even taking just a few moments to give Pretty Peter Avalon a shout out for his TNA stuff, they just come across as two likable kids.

I'm glad that NJPW's strapped a rocket to them, they deserve it. I think they're the best tag team in the world.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Bard Maddox posted:

I'm glad that NJPW's strapped a rocket to them, they deserve it. I think they're the best tag team in the world.

I think it was telling that they got over with the fans in their very first series of moves. From the moment that they did the headscissors into the running knee to clear the ring the fans went from a sense of "who are these guys" into buying into them in a big way.

They deserve it.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
When they came to Preston to wrestle they were really friendly and, ironically given the whole Booker T thing, made the effort to introduce themselves and shake everyone's hands (including mine and I'm only tangentially involved in the company)

Great to see them doing so well in Japan

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, the Bucks absolutely deserve being shot straight up. They're just one of those teams that just doesn't really HAVE bad matches.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Speaking of the Bucks. During the build up to the match yesterday Matt asked another wrestler for advice on how best to hit a move.

quote:

.@EdgeRatedR I'm going to sing your entrance music out loud, as I spear Taka Michinoku down to the canvas, tonight in Osaka.

As long as you scream shining fire javelin rolling baka body attack directly after the move @MattJackson13

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Bard Maddox posted:

Well they're good, but they're certainly not the World's Greatest or anything...

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Ryback :allears:

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
They need to rewrite Rikishi's heel theme with these lyrics.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Ryback looks like poo poo for 32.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I would really like this to be Ryback's gimmick. Just a big dumbass meathead who only talks about how big he is. Kind of like Skip Sheffield only without the YEPYEPYEP and Texas drawl. He's surprisingly hilarious.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

sticklefifer posted:

I would really like this to be Ryback's gimmick. Just a big dumbass cornfed meathead YEPYEPYEP What it do?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I know Lance's twitter ain't popular around here (rightly so) but I thought this was very :unsmith:

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I know Lance's twitter ain't popular around here (rightly so) but I thought this was very :unsmith:

Why is this so? I must have missed something.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

He's said some really ignorant things insinuating that mental ilnesses are a hoax perpetuated by drug companies, and his hatred of comedy wrestling and angles turns some people off as well.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Thauros posted:

He's said some really ignorant things insinuating that mental ilnesses are a hoax perpetuated by drug companies, and his hatred of comedy wrestling and angles turns some people off as well.

He also thinks that libraries are a scam

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

How are they a scam? I'd love libraries if I knew how to read.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

oldpainless posted:

How are they a scam? I'd love libraries if I knew how to read.

Since they are stealing from the authors, as people do not have to pay for the books.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Lance Storm is fun until he opens his mouth. I guess growing up the most boring person alive does wonders for his outlook on society.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I go to my local library to hang around the children's section and yell at them for wearing Cena merch.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Thauros posted:

his hatred of comedy wrestling and angles turns some people off as well.

He's just trying to be serious for a minute.

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax

Thauros posted:

He's said some really ignorant things insinuating that mental ilnesses are a hoax perpetuated by drug companies
He's really against anxiety medication and thinks it has serious adverse effects on teenagers. I don't recall him ever implying mental illness doesn't exist.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

CanadianJericholeaf posted:

He's really against anxiety medication and thinks it has serious adverse effects on teenagers. I don't recall him ever implying mental illness doesn't exist.

Never heard him talk about anxiety, but he literally thinks the cure for cancer is being squashed by big pharm and big charity. As in, it exists and is physically being hidden.

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax

mkay0 posted:

Never heard him talk about anxiety, but he literally thinks the cure for cancer is being squashed by big pharm and big charity. As in, it exists and is physically being hidden.
A majority of Pharmacy Time With Lance Storm is spent on SSRIs, which are to treat anxiety and depression.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

CanadianJericholeaf posted:

A majority of Pharmacy Time With Lance Storm is spent on SSRIs, which are to treat anxiety and depression.
And obsessive compulsive disorder.

It makes me sad that Lance and Brian Kendrick have something this nuts in common.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

THE GAYEST POSTER posted:

I go to my local library to hang around the children's section and yell at them for wearing Cena merch.

don't lie.

They don't let you near kids anymore.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

mkay0 posted:

well canada DID make a cure that vanished from the news.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Oh no