Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It was Charlie trying to sell drugs in "The Gang Gets Whacked".

We want many many thousands of green people from history times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

escape artist posted:

Only for the first two seasons. Cross ousted her when they broke up. But yeah, I will always know her for her comedic chops. Her silly dancing during Jeepers Creepers Semi-Star. Her performance in Rap! The Musical. And all of that.

Well, I guess by "most" I meant "nearly half". She probably did more openings for the show than any other member of the cast.

Sartana
Jun 8, 2013

timp posted:

He'll also have a massive axe scar on his arm, don't forget.

I figure next time we see him (assuming all of the Gang's rivals didn't just die in the fire) he's going to be missing the arm. I've always liked how every time Cricket gets involved they usually manage to make his life even worse.

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
A clip show* as the season finale?

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Y'know, locking your enemies in a burning apartment is a pretty drat effective way of squashing beefs.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I loved that the one McPoyle wanted someone's eye to replace his, like just plopping in someone else's eye just works like that.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

I loved that the one McPoyle wanted someone's eye to replace his, like just plopping in someone else's eye just works like that.

I actually get the feeling that Liam wouldn't have cared if the eye actually made him see again, he'd be happy with just having someone else's dead eyeball in his empty eye socket. You know, so it wouldn't make people uncomfortable.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that next time we see Cricket, he will have undergone amputation of the arm because the wound was infected. Homelessness is not conducive to hygienic living conditions. And yeah, it would fit with the running theme as his life snowballs into horror.

Let's see if we can run down a list of everything The Gang has made cricket do:

- Eat a turd (when he was a kid)
- Leave the priesthood
- Cocaine addiction
- Legs broken by mafiosi
- Teabagged by Mac and Dennis
- Head blown off with musket (in the Liberty Bell episode)
- Throat slit by Frank
- Shot in hand
- The scar on his eye is technically the gangs fault. If he never left the priesthood, he would have never taken a job as a dogcatcher.
- Hatchet in the arm
- Locked in burning building.

Did I miss anything? I think he drinks mop water at one point.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I thought The Maniac moved in with Mac and Dennis.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

escape artist posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that next time we see Cricket, he will have undergone amputation of the arm because the wound was infected. Homelessness is not conducive to hygienic living conditions. And yeah, it would fit with the running theme as his life snowballs into horror.

Let's see if we can run down a list of everything The Gang has made cricket do:

- Eat a turd (when he was a kid)
- Leave the priesthood
- Cocaine addiction
- Legs broken by mafiosi
- Head blown off with musket (in the Liberty Bell episode)
- Throat slit by Frank
- Shot in hand
- The scar on his eye is technically the gangs fault. If he never left the priesthood, he would have never taken a job as a dogcatcher.
- Hatchet in the arm
- Locked in burning building.

Did I miss anything? I think he drinks mop water at one point.

I think Frank makes him eat lemons at one point, but that's not really in the same league.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

victorious posted:

I think Frank makes him eat lemons at one point, but that's not really in the same league.

That was good. Cricket doesn't have scurvy, does he?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

victorious posted:

That was the episode that gave us Dennis & Dee's amazing podcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zaVUN5H06w
"You can run from the oil."

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
If this was the series finale then I couldn't be more satisfied. But of course if there really are gonna be more episodes then I'm all the more happy.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

If this was the series finale then I couldn't be more satisfied. But of course if there really are gonna be more episodes then I'm all the more happy.

It was renewed for 2 seasons last time. This was the first. Season 10 has already been confirmed for a while. :)

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
Just watched it. Not a single salting of the snail :colbert:

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

escape artist posted:

It's just you, and us, and a couple of sour, sweaty balls.

It'd be a nice touch if next season Cricket is using rudimentary English as his descent into a feral dog man continues.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

CaptainHollywood posted:

yeah to be honest the snail should have been salted

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother
Definitely my least favorite episode of the season.

jonboy8871
Sep 25, 2003
What the deuce?

That "song from the 80s" was "Genius of Love" by Tom Tom Club. It's the track I always skip over when I listen to Stop Making Sense.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
It's kinda weird seeing people say this was the worst episode of the season. I liked some episodes more, but I laughed out loud the most at this one. Charlie cooking squash and beef being followed by Dee with the slate and mac with the hatchet was just...weirdly perfect timing.

And that eyepatch. Oh god. That patch.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Zsinjeh posted:

Damnit, I came to this thread hoping someone had made a gif of the amazing (and vacant) staredown between Frank and Wong. Frank does the best thousand mile/has no idea what's going on -stare.

Same. Favorite part of the episode. Frank swaying back and forth to the music had me dying.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Zsinjeh posted:

Damnit, I came to this thread hoping someone had made a gif of the amazing (and vacant) staredown between Frank and Wong. Frank does the best thousand mile/has no idea what's going on -stare.

Hey, I offered requests! :colbert: The latter gifs are a little large (7-8 megs). If there's a problem I'll change them to links.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

jonboy8871 posted:

That "song from the 80s" was "Genius of Love" by Tom Tom Club. It's the track I always skip over when I listen to Stop Making Sense.

I'm sorry, but that "song from the 80's" is "Day Bow Bow." :colbert:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
This staredown is so loving good. The random side to side swaying...the anger mixed with "where am I" really elevates it to a whole new level.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

El Murguista posted:

It's just you, and us, and a couple of sour, sweaty balls.

It'd be a nice touch if next season Cricket is using rudimentary English as his descent into a feral dog man continues.

Nah...I love how street savvy Cricket has become. He's always wheeling and dealing with the gang for sad poo poo like a bag of lemons or scraps from the floor. He even considered giving Mac and Dennis one of his eyes.

Ghostpilot posted:

Hey, I offered requests! :colbert: The latter gifs are a little large (7-8 megs). If there's a problem I'll change them to links.

I'm doing a rewatch now, sooo many funny little things I missed on Wednesday:

- Frank simultaneously filling his glass with vodka and spiking the punch, right after the opening credits.

- ".............let me think about it", as Cricket narrows his eyes and scratches his beard. Holy poo poo that was funny.

- We have a gif of the McPoyles and the landlord dancing, but I'd love a gif of the gang dancing right before that...maybe one that goes back and forth between the two shots, even.

- Dennis's speech "It wasn't about apologizing to each other, uuuu..."

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

jonboy8871 posted:

You are just a Wrong Person if you do this. :colbert:

Here's the whole performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k86ZOUn40JA

...and it's amazing.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I don't know who said the last season was up on Netflix, but it way isn't, and I'm sad now.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

This was a fun episode. I enjoy pretty much every time the Gang puts on a party--with the Waitress's bachelorette party being my favorite.

What's this thread's thought on how the season went? I'd say it was altogether a little disappointing, and probably the most uneven season they've had. At least three clunkers and probably no episodes I'd consider classics (but I plan to watch again and hope I'm wrong; The Gang Breaks Dee has a fantastic reveal, for instance).

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Agronox posted:

This was a fun episode. I enjoy pretty much every time the Gang puts on a party--with the Waitress's bachelorette party being my favorite.

What's this thread's thought on how the season went? I'd say it was altogether a little disappointing, and probably the most uneven season they've had. At least three clunkers and probably no episodes I'd consider classics (but I plan to watch again and hope I'm wrong; The Gang Breaks Dee has a fantastic reveal, for instance).

I think it didn't have so many "stand out" episodes (like Dines Out and Analyzed) from last season but on the whole there were more episodes that were simply good overall. Quality has been steady and that's ok by me. I've also liked this season of The League- so what the hell do I know?

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account

Agronox posted:

I was a big fan of "Mac and Dennis buy a timeshare" and "Flowers for Charlie" (another fantastic reveal). Most of the other ones are pretty good, with a few falling to the bottom (wasn't a huge fan of Gun Fever or Mac Day). Even the pretty good ones had their fantastic moments, like Frank and Charlie's segments of "The Gang Saves The Day".

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW

CaptainHollywood posted:

They probably stopped since they were so sickened she made them do that to her.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Mac Day was probably one of my favorite episodes of the show ever. Sunny has a very special brand of absurdity and it was in full effect in that episode.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

LividLiquid posted:

I don't know who said the last season was up on Netflix, but it way isn't, and I'm sad now.

That was me, my Netflix had it for like twelve hours, then it was gone again. I had only gotten up to the Maureen Ponderosa Wedding Massacre, and now I need to see the rest of the season.

The good news is, it should be up for real soon? I hope?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

clockworx posted:

I was a big fan of "Mac and Dennis buy a timeshare" and "Flowers for Charlie" (another fantastic reveal). Most of the other ones are pretty good, with a few falling to the bottom (wasn't a huge fan of Gun Fever or Mac Day). Even the pretty good ones had their fantastic moments, like Frank and Charlie's segments of "The Gang Saves The Day".

MAC DAY WAS FANTASTIC YOU FUCKER

(though it has diminished over time)

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account

ultramiraculous posted:

MAC DAY WAS FANTASTIC YOU FUCKER

(though it has diminished over time)

Fine, but only because of Country Mac :colbert:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

clockworx posted:

Fine, but only because of Country Mac :colbert:
It probably comes down to the everyone else being really loving passive in that episode, and Mac being even more of a dumb little baby than usual. Which to be fair, I think the plot kinda required, but it does mean Country Mac pretty much has to carry the whole episode. Good thing Seann William Scott was funny as hell in the episode, a bad Country Mac could have made it one of, if not the worst episode they ever did.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

A Buttery Pastry posted:

It probably comes down to the everyone else being really loving passive in that episode, and Mac being even more of a dumb little baby than usual. Which to be fair, I think the plot kinda required, but it does mean Country Mac pretty much has to carry the whole episode. Good thing Seann William Scott was funny as hell in the episode, a bad Country Mac could have made it one of, if not the worst episode they ever did.

That's certainly true.

If Country Mac wasn't the most charming Mac ever, then it would have been a marginal/bad episode, minus Sweet Dee's weed face.

But seriously, marry me Country Mac.

shinymodem
May 21, 2007
Frank just saying yes with more and more hate after everything Dennis said was my favorite part of the entire season, but yeah the rest of that episode was kind of bland.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

one millionth of one millionth of a second
Can I make a gif request? During the scene in "Mac Day" where Dennis is talking about the things he hates because of Mac, the look on Sweet Dee's face make me laugh every time. Can I get an animated version of her slowly chewing while looking stoned? I will love the person who does this for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

What, has everyone already forgotten The Gang Saves the Day? That's easily the culmination of the entire series. For me, it toppled The Nightman Cometh from its #1 spot.