Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Rarity posted:

Finn looks so much like a 15 year old that it just felt very uncomfortable to me.

That made it all the more awesome. Plus he summed up vaginas so well.

Joe Gilgun is just so so good in this. The bit where he reacts with the spade, or the suggestion of "We should get his cock out" just had me in hysterics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sex pervert
Mar 22, 2011

VogeGandire posted:

They're almost certainly the same person. Cherry Healey is obviously going for the Theroux "Be totally impartial on every subject and let the interviewee set themselves up" except she doesn't come across as a pleasant, inquisitive person like Theroux does, she just comes across as absolutely clueless, like she didn't do her research beforehand.

That still sounds like an improvement. The one I was on about just couldn't stop talking about herself and how she felt about things. Emotionally. Feelings-wise. But yeah, she too had the interview technique of... well, she was like a lovable sloth. She just grinned doe-eyed at people and when the topics the programme was meant to be about came up and things got prickly, she just implored people to be nice - like she is - instead of asking actual questions to challenge what they were saying. She'd have been fine if she'd been doing a documentary where she investigated the favourite cake recipes and knitting patterns of old ladies, but she definitely was not the right person to send out to ask bigots to justify their hateful beliefs.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

goatface posted:

An hour-long Monthly Wipe would probably work. Enough time to let stories develop, let media spirals do their up and down, develop ideas and get everything down pat.

Nobody seems to like monthly series though, so it would never work.

Sky at Night worked OK for a short while

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Ooh more relaxing TV next wednesday at 9 on 2, The Tudor Monastary farm, with the people from the Edwardian farm et al. Time to settle in with some comfort food that is not farmed.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Trickjaw posted:

Ooh more relaxing TV next wednesday at 9 on 2, The Tudor Monastary farm, with the people from the Edwardian farm et al. Time to settle in with some comfort food that is not farmed.

This makes me disproportionately happy. Such a strange but soothing concept, and perfect to watch on a chilly winters evening.

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Only fools are enslaved by time and space.

Taff posted:

It makes me sad when theres no comments on Misfits in here.

We have a thread for that!

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
As I think the old BBC Radio thread in RGD has now tumbled into the great beyond, can anybody tell me why this week's News Quiz isn't online yet? I couldn't listen because I was busy, I'm guessing they covered the NotW phonehacking trial so it'll be gummed up and then bits removed for the iPlayer and podcast?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Anyone else think Ambassadors doesn't really know what it should be at this point? black comedy? light satire? not really believable spy drama?

sex pervert
Mar 22, 2011

I don't think I ever actually watched an episode of Tomorrow's world, but my mum never fails to reference it when she's out and about and encounters something like a self-service checkout or a loving automatic door. In fairness she did grow up in rural Ireland.

Really though, this has had me laughing my bollocks off for a good 5 minutes and would surely have been right up Tomorrow's World's pneumatic tube based street. I kind of wish the show hadn't stopped going because there will always be technologies just like this one that are developed with wilful disregard for the fact that people don't like doing things that make them feel like tits. And what could be funnier to watch than BBC presenters having to demonstrate tit technologies.

Guys! Cruise along the streets of Milton Keynes at 12mph enjoying email, news and games!

(I really hope this happens. Milton Keynes will become a sort of safari park with gangs of kids hunting these things) :newlol:

sex pervert fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Nov 10, 2013

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

onoflalks posted:

As I think the old BBC Radio thread in RGD has now tumbled into the great beyond, can anybody tell me why this week's News Quiz isn't online yet?
You may have noticed, but it was up on the radio iPlayer by the time you asked the question - podcast STILL isn't up though. No idea why though - it's not like the thing is live, they have a day or so for editing (though they've had to cut the iPlayer version at least one before, after listener complaints)

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I used to adore Tomorrows world. Seeing all the new technology as it was coming out. It gave me wonderful knowledge that is completely useless.

You know those hand warmers that you click the metal clip inside it and it crystalises. The substance is in there is slat and vinegar crisp flavouring. I would not have known this useless fact without Tomorrows world.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

sex pervert posted:

(I really hope this happens. Milton Keynes will become a sort of safari park with gangs of kids hunting these things) :newlol:

The design of those things just flares up the "Intelligent arsehole child" in me when I realize how high it's center of gravity must be and how easy it would be to tip one over if you just took a run at it.

sex pervert
Mar 22, 2011

VogeGandire posted:

The design of those things just flares up the "Intelligent arsehole child" in me when I realize how high it's center of gravity must be and how easy it would be to tip one over if you just took a run at it.

Oh that was my reaction too on first seeing it! I've for a long time attributed evil little urges like that to a sort of ancient core knowledge that we're presumably born with because as a species we're fundamentally just bastards. Only difference of course is that when you're a kid - or that particular kind of old person that I'm looking forward to being - you're more inclined to act on them since you don't give much of a gently caress about consequences.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

VogeGandire posted:

Clive Sinclair must get really sweary seeing these things.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I wonder how well they burn.

Will probably find out soon enough.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Milton Keynes, Techno Fortress City State.

Whitefish
May 31, 2005

After the old god has been assassinated, I am ready to rule the waves.

SeanBeansShako posted:

Anyone else think Ambassadors doesn't really know what it should be at this point? black comedy? light satire? not really believable spy drama?

Seems like it's going for The Thick of It lite - TTOI got very drama-ish toward the end, but was still very funny, so I think they're trying for the same thing.

I'm actually quite enjoying it. It's a bit poo poo that all the story lines turn out to make The Establishment into the good guys, but it's entertaining enough.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

It is alright I guess. Could really be a bit stronger though.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

ookiimarukochan posted:

You may have noticed, but it was up on the radio iPlayer by the time you asked the question - podcast STILL isn't up though. No idea why though - it's not like the thing is live, they have a day or so for editing (though they've had to cut the iPlayer version at least one before, after listener complaints)

I couldn't get it through the iOS app or online until after the repeat early Saturday afternoon.

Oh yeah and the Americans are trying to ruin another one of are sitcoms, but at least it's not a really good one like Fresh Meat or something.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

onoflalks posted:

I couldn't get it through the iOS app or online until after the repeat early Saturday afternoon.

Oh yeah and the Americans are trying to ruin another one of are sitcoms, but at least it's not a really good one like Fresh Meat or something.

Except if Jack Whitehall's busy filming an American network show his availability for filming Fresh Meat drops massively and JP is the 2nd best thing in it so they are indirectly ruining Fresh Meat :argh:

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic
Oh man, Victoria Coren wanted to loving strangle Godfrey Bloom on last friday's HIGNFY. And I would have cheered her on.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

"The Revolution Will be Televised" attacking the BBC for taking a licence fee.

While being broadcast on BBC Three.

There's falling on your own sword, and there's dying on the hill of biting the hand that feeds you. In fact, this isn't biting the hand that feeds, this is biting your own loving hand.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VogeGandire posted:

"The Revolution Will be Televised" attacking the BBC for taking a licence fee.

While being broadcast on BBC Three.

There's falling on your own sword, and there's dying on the hill of biting the hand that feeds you. In fact, this isn't biting the hand that feeds, this is biting your own loving hand.

Sorry, it's called BAFTA Award Winner The Revolution Will Be Televised.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I think, of all the terrible TV I've watched, this HAS to be the worst, because it earnestly believes in the poo poo it's producing. They genuinely think dressing up as Hitler to get into a ball mainly populated by right-wingers is the cutting edge of comedy.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

It is either the stupidest loving ever if sincere, or a really really badly thought up PR stunt.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Watched the first three episodes of Fresh Meat. It does get better right?

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Toast of London needs more love, tonight's episode was absolutely hilarious. Especially the line readings at the beginning.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

Taff posted:

I thought Fresh Meat was good pretty much right from the start. If you're not into it after three episodes it's probably just not for you.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Profanity posted:

Toast of London needs more love, tonight's episode was absolutely hilarious. Especially the line readings at the beginning.

Its a bit too wacky for its own good but someone needs to gif toasts turned on face in the last episode.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Taff posted:

I'd recommend skipping straight to the second series, which is pretty much brilliant from start to finish. Maybe go back and watch the first series after, as it does suffer from some teething problems which are more forgivable once you know the characters a little better.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
Just watched Buzzcocks for the first time in ages and it was pretty funny.
From the story about Katy Perry getting upset that someone didn't really know who she was to Huey's odd mental breakdown . I was giggling like a twat all the way throughout.

So when did it start getting funny again or was tonight a weird one off and only funny because of Paul Foot and randomly Rizzle Kicks being pretty quick witted??

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Ponce de Le0n posted:

Its a bit too wacky for its own good but someone needs to gif toasts turned on face in the last episode.

I'll have a go, was it tonight's or last week's episode?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DominoDancing posted:

If you're not into it after three episodes it's probably just not for you.

This isn't really true. It takes a good chunk of the first season for Vod and JP (the standout characters) to really click. Give it the rest of the season then see how you feel.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

onoflalks posted:

I'll have a go, was it tonight's or last week's episode?

Might as well GIF the really disturbing Bruce Forscyth stuff while you are at it.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Rarity posted:

This isn't really true. It takes a good chunk of the first season for Vod and JP (the standout characters) to really click. Give it the rest of the season then see how you feel.

Vod is my favourite but speaking to people recently who have been watching it, they all seem to think she's the worst! She's not the worst :colbert:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

SeanBeansShako posted:

Might as well GIF the really disturbing Bruce Forscyth stuff while you are at it.

That bit was amazing. I also really enjoy the way Toast/Berry says "Forscyth".

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Am I going soft for not wanting to watch a mentally ill man being embarrassed on Buzzcocks?

Freewheel
Apr 23, 2012

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Am I going soft for not wanting to watch a mentally ill man being embarrassed on Buzzcocks?

Rapey Joe Stalin, psychologist.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Toast is the funniest show for ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

er, is he mentally ill though, actually?

and also yes.