Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

bobkatt013 posted:

How you could you say anything bad about this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-epVr5kr8M

I've watched this video probably a dozen times over the years, mostly because I'm still trying to figure out the Lizard, and I noticed that at 3:45, Electro's helmet shoots off some sparks right at letterman. It would just be beautiful and fitting if, in a promo for the show, they managed to cause a major injury at somebody else's establishment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Idle
Sep 26, 2009

Sockser posted:

I've watched this video probably a dozen times over the years, mostly because I'm still trying to figure out the Lizard, and I noticed that at 3:45, Electro's helmet shoots off some sparks right at letterman. It would just be beautiful and fitting if, in a promo for the show, they managed to cause a major injury at somebody else's establishment.

Seriously though, what is going on with the Lizard? Is it some sort of chestburster situation?

Billy Idle fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 7, 2013

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It's not literally the Lizard popping out of Connors, apparently.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mr. Maltose posted:

Burning disdain for the source material, the death of many a script.

Thanks Bono!

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I actually blame Julie Taymor more but it's outstanding how tone-deaf the whole thing is.

Why the hell did they botch Uncle Ben's death so badly?

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
I actually kind of like the song that was linked and the dude who does the Goblin seems to be having fun hamming it up.

gently caress the rest, though.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
The best part is always going to be the Goblin trying to recruit Paul Schafer.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Is Thor worth shelling out the few extra bucks to see in 3d or Imax? I saw Cap in 3D but was pretty disappointed that the movie didn't seem to utilize it.

Sadsack
Mar 5, 2009

Fighting evil with cups of tea and crippling self-doubt.

notthegoatseguy posted:

Is Thor worth shelling out the few extra bucks to see in 3d or Imax? I saw Cap in 3D but was pretty disappointed that the movie didn't seem to utilize it.

Ehhhh, not really. I saw it last night and there wasn't really a huge amount of point to the 3D. If anything it actually made the subtitles hard to read.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

notthegoatseguy posted:

I saw it in 2D and did not miss it. I mean at this point the answer is always going to be "no", unless we're talking about the one or two releases a year where they actually put in the effort to make 3D look great, like Gravity or The Hobbit.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

It's worth seeing in IMAX probably. Not for the (pretty nonexistent) 3D though.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Sadsack posted:

Ehhhh, not really. I saw it last night and there wasn't really a huge amount of point to the 3D. If anything it actually made the subtitles hard to read.

Yeah when I saw it in 3D there were points where the subtitles were very blurry and it just darkened and muddied up a lot of the Dark Elves stuff.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
That sounds like a bad projectionist. I saw it in 3d and it was crisp and perfect.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Definitely. Could be they didn't switch the projection between a 2D and 3D show, as has happened many times before.

I've stopped watching 3D movies altogether in one theatre, because they simply can't be bothered to set it up.

I wouldn't be surprised, if I could get my money back in your case.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
That said, the 3d in Thor 2 is not anything particularly special. Something weird I noticed was the trailer for Cap 2 before it was almost a pop-up book in terms of the depth between the actors and the sets. It was honestly kind of cool and funky looking.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.
http://marvel.com/news/story/21476/disneys_marvel_and_netflix_join_forces_to_develop_historic_four_series_epic_plus_a_mini-series_event

So hey, this is pretty awesome.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Marvel just dropped a big story that they are launching several TV shows for the 'street' level heroes on Netflix starting in 2015. Right now that list includes Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage. It sounds like they will all get individual shows, but I get the feeling they want to tie them together.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

So everybody isn't repeating themselves

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I just got back from Thor 2 and that was the best Star Wars movie I've seen since Return of the Jedi!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Thor was awesome. So many great moments and it had amazing humor throughout.

Marvel movies are really improving. The extended Captain America preview was awesome too.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Codependent Poster posted:

Thor was awesome. So many great moments and it had amazing humor throughout.

Marvel movies are really improving. The extended Captain America preview was awesome too.

Yeah, Marvel really has their poo poo together right now. Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 were excellent films, Cap 2 looks fantastic, and GotG sounds absolutely bonkers. Also, James Spader as Ultron.

Honestly, it's a good era to be a fan of Marvel Comics.

Soonmot posted:

I just got back from Thor 2 and that was the best Star Wars movie I've seen since Return of the Jedi!

I was thinking the exact same thing during certain sequences.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Soonmot posted:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to think this. Hell, I'm pretty sure they just flatly used a lot of stock Star Wars sound effects for some of that poo poo.

drat fine movie all around, though. I kind of like how the Marvel movies are following the Superhero Trilogy formula to the letter, so long as you apply it to their Phase structure instead of the individual films.

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax
Thor 2 was really great and I loved the heist scene and also Anthony Hotkins as Sexy Odin at the very end.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to think this. Hell, I'm pretty sure they just flatly used a lot of stock Star Wars sound effects for some of that poo poo.

drat fine movie all around, though. I kind of like how the Marvel movies are following the Superhero Trilogy formula to the letter, so long as you apply it to their Phase structure instead of the individual films.

Yeah, it really eased my fears about GotG. If they went as far as the did with the sci-fi in Thor, I'm probably going to love what they do there.

I haven't seen any Kat Dennings hate yet, which is good because she was hilarious. Again.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Soonmot posted:

Yeah, it really eased my fears about GotG. If they went as far as the did with the sci-fi in Thor, I'm probably going to love what they do there.

I haven't seen any Kat Dennings hate yet, which is good because she was hilarious. Again.

Agreed. I don't know much about GotG but Thor 2 definitely felt like it could be part of a universe that would have that kind of team in it. And my hope is that if GotG does good with all the CGI that's going to take that they then decide to take a chance in Phase 3 with another Hulk movie.

Mostly I just really want another Hulk movie.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
BRING BACK ANG LEE!!!

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Oh man yes. Ang Lee is still the director that has made the most comicbook movie ever, the shot composition alone is fantastic.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
The Ang Lee Hulk is a great Godzilla movie.

Professor Dog
Jul 25, 2007

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Mostly I just really want another Hulk movie.

Honestly, I would rather we got the Abomination coming back to cameo as a villain. Just for, like, Falcon to smack around or something.

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

Was it just me or did the mask the dark elf lieutenant put on before going into prison look a lot like Ultron's head? I'm sure it's irrelevant.

Professor Dog
Jul 25, 2007

Strontosaurus posted:

Was it just me or did the mask the dark elf lieutenant put on before going into prison look a lot like Ultron's head? I'm sure it's irrelevant.

I'm half-expecting Stark to build Ultron's body from the salvaged Destroyer armour, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's some kind of link to Norse magics.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Professor Dog posted:

I'm half-expecting Stark to build Ultron's body from the salvaged Destroyer armour, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's some kind of link to Norse magics.

They already built Coulson's BFG out of that.

Professor Dog
Jul 25, 2007

jivjov posted:

They already built Coulson's BFG out of that.

That's why Ultron has a big hole in the middle of his face, duh. They ran out of metal.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So they're definitely gonna base the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. tie-in on the two jet pilots that just randomly came back after the Convergence ended, right?

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole
The Marvel Movies have gotten so much better holy poo poo. I want to say that Thor 2 is my favorite Marvel movie now and it's surprisingly the funniest one so far. Plus the GOTG after credits scene :swoon:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

i like tacos posted:

The Marvel Movies have gotten so much better holy poo poo. I want to say that Thor 2 is my favorite Marvel movie now and it's surprisingly the funniest one so far. Plus the GOTG after credits scene :swoon:

Did you see 3d? In 2D I only had The Collector and Thor kissing Jane for the two after credit scenes.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Soonmot posted:

Did you see 3d? In 2D I only had The Collector and Thor kissing Jane for the two after credit scenes.

The Collector scene was the GotG scene.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Oh, okay. I really enjoyed that. Big time cosmic Marvel popping up made me giddy.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I love the whole scifi fantasy thing Thor 2 has, even more than in the first one. It's pretty much what I always wanted to see in a movie.

The mid-credits scene also apparently confirms that there is a plot regarding the Infinity Gauntlet that will be expanded in future movies. The Aether and Tesseract/Cosmic Cube are both named as 2 of 6 Infinity Stones (with them probably being Power and Space respectively) and The Collecter wants to own them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Since it is out everywhere now my current Marvel film prediction is that Loki is going to legit die saving everybody from Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet in Avengers 3

• Locked thread