Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
GWS Culinary Chat: Now with more cursing in German

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH

Phummus posted:

"We'll discuss in the morning".

I work in a field with a highly mobile labor pool, but I've quit jobs over less.

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

If I get ten spare bucks, it's going for a 30-pack of Schlitz.
Turns out he just wanted to discuss things like "Will you be taking calls while you're off" and "Do you have that giant Cognos query done yet." So you know...it was heartwarming.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

Phummus posted:

Phum-grandpa died last night. I emailed my boss to tell him that I'd be taking time off and he replied, "We'll discuss in the morning".

Reminds me of the time a friend of mine's grandmother died sort of suddenly and she emailed a professor as soon as she found out on Friday asking to reschedule an exam that was on Monday so she could fly up to Canada to go to the funeral. Apparently it's her fault that the dead don't give at least a week's notice as per the syllabus and she had to either take the exam or take a zero.

People are loving jerks.

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

If I get ten spare bucks, it's going for a 30-pack of Schlitz.
Right. We had a woman who's father died suddenly here and she took her 3 whole days of bereavement. The next calendar year, she got dinged on her performance review for "unscheduled time off"

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

Phummus posted:

Turns out he just wanted to discuss things like "Will you be taking calls while you're off" and "Do you have that giant Cognos query done yet." So you know...it was heartwarming.

gently caress everything about data cubes

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Condolences Phummus.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Let it not be said that we are deaf to the German expletives of the melanin-deficient.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??

bartolimu posted:

Let it not be said that we are deaf to the German expletives of the melanin-deficient.

Bart, from the bottom of my very heart I thank you!

antisodachrist
Jul 24, 2007

Phummus posted:

Right. We had a woman who's father died suddenly here and she took her 3 whole days of bereavement. The next calendar year, she got dinged on her performance review for "unscheduled time off"

That happened to me when a friend passed away a couple of years ago. Took three unpaid days off and got dinged for it in my review.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

bartolimu posted:

OOOOoooohhh that felt good.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOMyiBw4s4A

welp. shut the internet down. salt the earth.

you ate my cat
Jul 1, 2007

Looks like I need to buy a few more coffeemakers so my broccoli doesn't get cold.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

I was pretty sure he was trolling with the instant rice, veered back to thinking he was serious with the real-sounding recipe for poached salmon, but the fondue pretty much nailed it on the trolling side. If you were told to do a best-buy you tube cooking show, what would you do?

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

There is also the infamous Doritos® Cool Ranch® Consomme from CHOW, so I assume they're absolutely on the level with this one.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Speaking of bad YouTube films, over at CineD we've been chuckling over Surviving Edged Weapons. It's hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-lDtCHFmvg

Here is a 5-minute teaser.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFr30p0aZl0

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Hey dudes! Remember Leroy Diplowski? The rad candy-making goon who had that cool thread in GWS and another one in SA Mart? A few months ago he struck out on his own and started his own candy-making operation and now he's got a Kickstarter (I liked his new store on Facebook which is how I know). I know Kickstarters have a certain reputation on the forums these days but I thought I'd share with you all cause his candy is good as gently caress and that thread was pretty cool.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Happy Hat posted:

---
tldr; The Chickencheese is kinda done with already, also mindphlux needs a new text on his avatar..

:h: welcome back happy hat.

I am not really a girl, but if it helps salve your ennui, I will scream at you in german in the most profound and erotic ways...

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

God I love that video :allears:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Manuel Calavera posted:

The guy running with a machete, the cleaver in the head, and the Mexican knife used for gutting sheep...and other warm-blooded animals always crack me up.

"I am never going to die in no ghetto!"

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Manuel Calavera posted:

That motivational speech at the end made me wanna listen to Blood Bros mixtapes again :black101:

https://soundcloud.com/maddecent/blood-bros-first-blood

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

therattle posted:

The guy running with a machete, the cleaver in the head, and the Mexican knife used for gutting sheep...and other warm-blooded animals always crack me up.

"I am never going to die in no ghetto!"

What about this guy?

My hosting

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
All of that is poo poo compared to razor blade hat

edit: Oh apparently I can't change that picture now since i attached it? Well poo poo, sorry its big :(

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FishBulb fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Nov 9, 2013

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Was knife crime ever so endemic in the US that this sort of video was needed? I understand it's important to be safe but I can't imagine that there was ever a time where police were at risk of being stabbed, decapitated or disemboweled by every person they stopped in their day-to-day activities.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I dunno about police stabbings, but inner city crime was a lot worse in the 70's and 80's

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

cyberia posted:

Was knife crime ever so endemic in the US that this sort of video was needed? I understand it's important to be safe but I can't imagine that there was ever a time where police were at risk of being stabbed, decapitated or disemboweled by every person they stopped in their day-to-day activities.

Thanks to our liberal courts knife culture is epidemic in America.

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012

cyberia posted:

Police get training videos / lectures for all sorts of things that don't happen every day. Given how dangerous, concealable and affordable knives are, it doesn't really surprise me that there'd be an hour or so spent on ostensible best practices.

That said, the video itself is something else.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Cops, doormen, everyone who works with security loving hate knives. Easier to conceal and use, and quicker to draw than a gun, and still kills you stone dead. If you're defending yourself against a guy attacking you with a knife you can at least draw a circle seven or eight paces around you where you won't have time to raise and fire a gun if he makes a run for you, at least twice that if your gun is holstered. I loving hate knives.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Sjurygg posted:

Cops, doormen, everyone who works with security loving hate knives. Easier to conceal and use, and quicker to draw than a gun, and still kills you stone dead. If you're defending yourself against a guy attacking you with a knife you can at least draw a circle seven or eight paces around you where you won't have time to raise and fire a gun if he makes a run for you, at least twice that if your gun is holstered. I loving hate knives.

Have you ever been attacked with a Mexican knife used to gut sheep?

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Who has experience with maltodextrin powders?

Been messing around with it at work, but its not acting the way I expect. Its taking substantially more malto to dry out oil than the recipes I've seen online, and its still not as dry as I was hoping for. It also has a really clumpy sticky mouthfeel that makes it weird to eat at best

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

pile of brown posted:

Who has experience with maltodextrin powders?

Been messing around with it at work, but its not acting the way I expect. Its taking substantially more malto to dry out oil than the recipes I've seen online, and its still not as dry as I was hoping for. It also has a really clumpy sticky mouthfeel that makes it weird to eat at best

You got n zorbit m right? Not just a random maltodextrin?

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

therattle posted:

Have you ever been attacked with a Mexican knife used to gut sheep?
Actually, yes.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

SubG posted:

Actually, yes.

I hope you'd watched Surviving Edged Weapons beforehand.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
So apparently I may be going to Philipines with the Emergency Response Unit over Christmas...

Let's see how corporate world will handle those news.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Welp. Just found out my grandpa passed away last night. :(

Thanks for putting up with my culinary experimentations when I was young and I would cook you scrambled eggs with waaaayy too much sriracha for breakfast and for buying me my first electric guitar. And for letting me win at chess sometimes. I will miss you Lolo.

Soundtrack To Mary
Nov 12, 2007

ZOMBY WOOF
Can we put an APB out on whoever's killing these grandparents?

My sincere condolences.

Sacrilage
Feb 11, 2012

It will burn the eyes.
Sorry Gravity :(

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

GrAviTy84 posted:

You got n zorbit m right? Not just a random maltodextrin?

I wasn't aware there were different kinds; everything I found that wasn't "buy our products" said the source didn't matter. That could very well be the source of my problems though.

Is willpowder still the site of choice or should I try somewhere else?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Sorry about your grandpa, Grav.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
That really sucks, Grav. I know what you're going through, and you have my sympathies.