Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Kennel posted:

Thanks a lot, Annie.

I've always loved in that panel how Annie, fresh off of her forest kick, just starts loving around with the computer where before she would have thought better about messing with something unfamiliar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Kennel posted:

Thanks a lot, Annie.

I love forest-chic Annie, I've been kind of hoping she's going to wear those clothes again some time in her new role as their medium.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Dear E/N: something happened at the date. I think I blew this, please advise.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Paz status: still confused.
It's sort of a shame we missed seeing the results of the switch firsthand. Did something start smoking and hissing right away? Were there thirty seconds of additional Paz confusion before something exploded violently? Did the robo-chickenwing catch on fire first or was it the desk, the ceiling, the passionately super romantic and smooth expressions on Kat's face? We may never know.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Dear Tom, please collect your footnotes from this chapter into a dating advice reference guide, TIA.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Drakyn posted:

It's sort of a shame we missed seeing the results of the switch firsthand. Did something start smoking and hissing right away? Were there thirty seconds of additional Paz confusion before something exploded violently? Did the robo-chickenwing catch on fire first or was it the desk, the ceiling, the passionately super romantic and smooth expressions on Kat's face? We may never know.
It flexed so hard it flew off the table and knocked a server over, which then caught fire as the wires pulled apart and arced all over the place.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
It was very forward-thinking of Kat to leave that red bollard positioned outside. You know, in case an experiment goes wrong and someone has to lean against it while coughing violently.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Drakyn posted:

Your imagination running with the idea is the most fun part of the cutaway, just like how horror movies are better when they don't show you everything creepy and unsettling, but hint at them.

I think Kat tried to smooch Paz and then everything exploded, personally.

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?
Ok so if I remember being clueless and in love now Kat will project her embarrassment about the fire onto Paz and think that she's completely destroyed their relationship. Because when a romance is really meant to be any gently caress-up by you will ruin everything.

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.
Ah the bright flame of young love. Oh no, wait, that's an electrical fire. Everyone out of the building.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Kat is the epitome of facepalming right now.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Kat is the epitome of facepalming right now.

Looks more like the epitome of :negative:ing to me

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Rasamune posted:

Looks more like the epitome of :negative:ing to me

More like the epitome of :barf:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Oh, I thought this was standard lesbian courtship procedure :confused:

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?
I think doing boneheaded things because you're distracted by hormones and trying to read someone else's mind is pretty standard courtship procedure regardless of gender/sexuality.

I too have started a fire while trying to impress my girlfriend. It's just a thing that happens.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Heavy Zed posted:

I too have started a fire while trying to impress my girlfriend. It's just a thing that happens.
This time, make it special. This time, give her Halon(tm).

Honestly, I think the experiment itself went off without a hitch. The goddamn unattended open flame on the other hand...

Tupperwarez fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Nov 8, 2013

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yep. Smooth.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
drat Kat, you just got out-smoothed!

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Thanks for the dating advice, Tom.

:3:

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.
Well that was unexpected.

Oh yeah, :3:. All of the :3:'s

Smoky Bandana fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Nov 8, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Aw Kat you dummy. :3:

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Huh, I thought Paz would be around the rest of the chapter...

I wonder if Annie caught that smooch and they'll end up discussing it?

Not sure where else it could end up going.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I'm guessing Annie will walk in to see a totally ruined lab and Kat in a really good mood.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Hey, have I mentioned I like this comic? It's a good comic. Yep. :3:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Man, but this thread has me overusing :3: this week. Nevertheless; :3:.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

I've been saving all of mine for this moment: :3: :3: :3:

Watching this strip play out in slow motion over the last two weeks has been amazing.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
This chapter has just been too drat :kimchi:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Oh my god Tom you gave me diabetes :3:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
:drat: Paz, you are the smoothest.

Although this is just page 10 of this chapter and they didn't look too happy on the cover, so the next 20 pages are gonna be a wild ride.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Kikas posted:

:drat: Paz, you are the smoothest.

Although this is just page 10 of this chapter and they didn't look too happy on the cover, so the next 20 pages are gonna be a wild ride.

Oh gods, this is all a setup for A Very Special Gunnerkrigg where Kat and Paz have gotten each other Teen Pregnant! :gonk:

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Wyld Karde posted:

Oh gods, this is all a setup for A Very Special Gunnerkrigg where Kat and Paz have gotten each other Teen Pregnant! :gonk:

With robot babies.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I don't feel very colon-three about this update. I feel more like I'm some form of middle manager who has just been given a satisfactory, results-based report that I can then action with efficiency and ease. :golfclap:

You see, Kat? This is how it's done.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Awwwww. :3:

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

There isn't a :3: big enough for this page :kimchi:

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Requesting thread title be renamed to Gunnerkrigg Courtship Thread: Results Guaranteed.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

This is just maximum :3:

Also, here's a preview of monday's strip:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Gonna post in the thread for the first time in like two months to say this is adorable.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hmm I'm not sure what if Paz just wanted to be friends??

E: Kissfriends maybe do those exist? It's all very confusing I think Kat should guess some more

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Nov 8, 2013

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Regy Rusty posted:

Hmm I'm not sure what if Paz just wanted to be friends??

E: Kissfriends maybe do those exist? It's all very confusing I think Kat should guess some more

There should probably be extensive additional (off-screen) smooching in order to make sure, no sense in leaving these things up to chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
And then Monday's comic pans out to see Annie starring, confused, at this human emotion we call 'smooching'.